Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Guest ellabel

See.... rubes hunnie...... BH is just around, surprising us everytime. :wub:

As always, he looks dapper and dashing in a suit. :wub:

And, we all know that he always dress appropriately, something we cant say to most K-actors.

JWS looks good too and they are having a great time at the awards nite.

Congrats to Dir. KJW for adding another feather into his already full cap.

Bh is sporting a reddish brown hair, quite longish but still manageable.

His left moles... below his lips and earlobes are very prominent.

How come i see a certain cleft on his chin? Is it a scar or just the camera angle and lighting?

He's wearing the bead bracelet again.

Cant see most of the pics.... jsut small box with red "x"... <_<

Thanks mailene for the gif and rubie, Huangsy for all the news and pics.

since its our last glimpse of Byunhghun ssi, i made a small gif. :D

rubie hun, got it from ur link, wordpress ;)

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk130/mai_lene/lbh1-2.gif

Thanks mailene, love the gif & keep sharing! Also, appreciate your message at the News-blog. Hopefully.. one day.. our BH would read them, too.

See.... rubes hunnie...... BH is just around, surprising us everytime. :wub:

Bh is sporting a reddish brown hair, quite longish but still manageable.

His left moles... below his lips and earlobes are very prominent.

How come i see a certain cleft on his chin? Is it a scar or just the camera angle and lighting?

He's wearing the bead bracelet again.

He is, he is.. devilishly dapper yet sweet as honey.. yummy and sinfully delicious. Oh my.. what's happening ..

And I noticed that cleft on his chin, too.. very obvious these days. He always had that but not as prominent as the moles. Could not be the lighting/angle.. maybe how & the effect when he had put up or lose weight..

Still.. that cleft.. or scar (don't think it's one).. is adding yet another sexy feature for Byunghun-ssi.. :wub:

Guest ellabel

Hmmm.... surprisingly.. for someone who regularly stares at BH's face thru his pics and watching him repeatedly in his dramas/movies, i din notice that cleft.... rubes, u are the one true blue BH police authority...*bows repeatedly*... you can see and detect even the smallest details on BH, physical or otherwise. :lol:

Since he's in a suit, he looks okay to me... not fat nor slim.....i mean, usually a cleft becomes prominent when one loses weight thus the face looks thinner. Wahtever! He looks more handsome with a cleft so it's fine with me. ;)

Btw, the one who died, he looks so familiar as i've seen him in a couple of dramas. It's so sad to lose a friend and at a young age at that. May Mr. Park rest in peace. +

Since he's in a suit, he looks okay to me... not fat nor slim.....i mean, usually a cleft becomes prominent when one loses weight thus the face looks thinner. Wahtever! He looks more handsome with a cleft so it's fine with me. ;)

I think BH did lose a bit of weight.. somewhere, somehow and around the face area, especially. But when he's standing next to the much-bigger-and-taller JWS (who's obviously putting some weight himself).. BH appeared rather gaunt.. well.. in that one photo but other than that, he's fabulously dashing (love his red highlights, btw), looks healthy and happy. All that matters, right?

It's just us, huh.. hopeless fans.. if there were like 1000 pics of BH.. we'd never fail to see something 'different'.. won't we? :sweatingbullets: :blush:

Other than the cleft, BH also has a subtle/hidden? dimple that's sometimes visible when he's eating or drinking.. which is also shown by LEH but more prominently.

Btw, the one who died, he looks so familiar as i've seen him in a couple of dramas. It's so sad to lose a friend and at a young age at that. May Mr. Park rest in peace. +

Mr. Park was indeed a very familiar face in Korean dramas and movies, We may not know him much as the others but he's clearly a well-loved and highly-respected & dear friend to many fellow actors. Just look at those attending his funeral wake. Everyone knew that he was fighting cancer in the last few months but it still hit them the hardest when he passed away.

And I agree that at 46, he still has much to live for, leaving behind such young sons (if I'm not mistaken).. one of them, carrying his photo during the procession.

Without meaning or implying anything bad.. just hope that our Byunghun-ssi would take it easy and not to overworked himself.. and at the same time, to really find the time for himself, and his own happiness.

Guest valley girl

rubie has byunghun played same project with PArk kwanghyun~is it ?~ ??

anyway IRIS is that true LBH will played that?? no news at all rite??

rubie has byunghun played same project with PArk kwanghyun~is it ?~ ??

I'm not sure, valley girl.. from PKJ's filmography posted at dramabeans.. none of BH's work included but both of them have been actors for quite awhile and may have worked together in the early 90s. Besides.. BH is a big fan of Korean movies and he would have watched & met PKJ as they belong to the same circle of actors. All of them obviously would know one another..

anyway IRIS is that true LBH will played that?? no news at all rite??

There's a recent translated IRIS article posted by Hyc (post #17816, pg 891).. 2 pages back in this thread. Quite a bit of update.. in terms of (foreign) investment.

As of now.. rubie is off from discussing anything-IRIS.. just not into it anymore for the time being. Until the series starts filming (if ever).. then.. it's different story. *sorry*

Howe come we missed this? :wacko: A Must Read!

Prelude to LBH's CNN Interview

More related articles at GBW / Dir. Kim Ji Woon threads

November 11, 2008

Lee Byung-hun on being the bad guy

Lee Byung-hun, in town for the launch of the London Korean Film Festival, took advantage of his trip to have some interviews and engage in other promotional activities. He impressed the crowds at the opening screening of The Good the Bad and the Weird, and again the next day at the post film discussion, with his command of English.

He’s been improving language skills in order to target the western market. His debut Hollywood film - GI Joe: Rise of Cobra – is to be released next year, in which he plays bad guy Storm Shadow. Lee confessed that he finds the filming in English tough: being interviewed in English is hard enough, but having to worry about the quality of his pronunciation meant that sometimes it was difficult to focus on the acting.

9-copy_440.jpg

But before GI Joe hits the screens we should be seeing Lee in I Come with the Rain, a dark thriller, also shot in English, by Vietnamese director Tran Anh Hung. Again, Lee plays a bad guy, Su Dongpo. There’s a 5-minute trailer for the film over on Twitch.

Up till now, Lee has generally played good guys and romantic leads. The Good the Bad and the Weird was his first role as a bad guy. In his previous film with director Kim Ji-woon, A Bittersweet Life, Lee gets beaten to a pulp, but this didn’t put him off rejoining Kim for the action-packed western. Lee had to learn to ride horses for the film – which he did pretty much on location in North-East China – but having done taekwondo from an early age Lee said he found the action sequences not too daunting. And there’s a scene in the film where you can tell that Lee looks after his figure really well.

q-and-a_500.jpg

Q & A session (L to R: Tony Rayns, Lee Byung-hun, Kim Ji-woon and translator) - photo credit Jo Seong-hee

At the Q & A session after the film screening, many of the questions came from earnest film studies students and were directed at director Kim. But finally an ajumma had her way and asked two questions that everyone wanted to hear the answers to:

Are you going to get married any time soon? and

Will you please perform a song from your new Japanese album for us?

Unfortunately the answer to both questions was a polite No. :blush:

Note: Lee Byung-hun’s Japanese single, Itsuka, was released on 15 October 2008.

Photo credits: Lee Hyung-wook, Editor-in-chief, The EAST, except the Q & A image (credit Jo Seong-hee)

Source: londonkoreanlinks.net

Guest valley girl

I'm not sure, valley girl.. from PKJ's filmography posted at dramabeans.. none of BH's work included but both of them have been actors for quite awhile and may have worked together in the early 90s. Besides.. BH is a big fan of Korean movies and he would have watched & met PKJ as they belong to the same circle of actors. All of them obviously would know one another..

There's a recent translated IRIS article posted by Hyc (post #17816, pg 891).. 2 pages back in this thread. Quite a bit of update.. in terms of (foreign) investment.

As of now.. rubie is off from discussing anything-IRIS.. just not into it anymore for the time being. Until the series starts filming (if ever).. then.. it's different story. *sorry*

i just wanna ask that only rubie it's started already or not hehehhe

i just wanna ask that only rubie it's started already or not hehehhe

No problem, valley girl.. I was just replying your question (the way I can) :sweatingbullets: hope you're not offended or anything with my response. Reading the article may help, too.

The drama is still in negotiation/casting process.. or something.

For more info, Helena (kdramafanusa) might know better about IRIS as I for one.. truly.. have no idea at all.

Guest mailene28

Sentimental bracelet: Simply Beads or Black Pearls?

Is Byunghun still with Samantha?

its a black pearl dear , fresh water pearls to be exact.. :)

ur welcome ella & rubie..its my pleasure! ;)

Guest kimchibabe

Without meaning or implying anything bad.. just hope that our Byunghun-ssi would take it easy and not to overworked himself.. and at the same time, to really find the time for himself, and his own happiness.

With the recent death of Mr. Park due to lung cancer I'm suddenly concerned about BH's smoking. I hope he takes care of himself. I'm sure he knows the danger of cigarettes. Will he kick the habit? Don't know if he's a heavy smoker though.

News-clip: Park Kwang Jung

200812181019527475.jpg

YTN STAR VOD http://nv.empas.com/ys/2008/12/18/200812181019527475.wmv

Source: news.empas.com

This is a longer clip than the one posted before. There's glimpses of BH at the wake on the 16th and a number of other actors.. plus the funeral ceremony on the 17th. Family and close friends send PKJ off to his final resting place. I believe actor Kwon Hae Hyo (pic, middle) is really a close buddy of PKJ as he was there throughout, it's heartbreaking to see him "shouting" to his friend for the last time.. at the end of the clip.

its a black pearl dear , fresh water pearls to be exact.. :)

So.. it is no ordinary bead.. but black pearl indeed. How cool is that!

Hope we can get some confirmation via BH.. well, somehow.. :blush:

I don't like the big specs on him.... but whatever, he still can carry it handsomely~~

I don't quite go for the thick dark-rimmed glasses either (maybe that's the trend these days) but with BH.. he has the style and aura to try just about anything, still coming out fabulous. Though I'd lovelovelove to see him with aviator sunglasses instead.. anytime. 3drool.gif *Hunnie-rockstar*

With the recent death of Mr. Park due to lung cancer I'm suddenly concerned about BH's smoking. I hope he takes care of himself. I'm sure he knows the danger of cigarettes. Will he kick the habit? Don't know if he's a heavy smoker though.

Same here, same here.. I'm glad that you got my drift. Unfortunately.. BH is quite the heavy smoker from various fans' observation as well as his personal admission while filming, etc. Just like most Korean men.. they started to smoke as early in their teens (as BH did) .. so, it's already a part of their everyday being. But he certainly knew the dangers of smoking.. he even confessed not being able to be a "perfect person" that is to quit smoking.. he still can't. But hopefully he will smoke less and less everyday, especially with all the reality around him. At least he didn't smoke as much in dramas and movies that he made (except GBW).. mostly playing non-smoker characters or scripts with less puffing screentime.

I wrote about this once before (about 400+ pages ago) when we were talking about BH and Kiefer Sutherland, both are quite heavy smokers but really talented actors. Anyway.. my comment got duplicated elsewhere.. but it's ok.

However.. at the risk of forever sounding like a broken-down record player, to everyone at the thread.. fans of Byunghun-ssi, do write and post your wishes, hopes and messages for BH at the News-blog (the link at rubie's siggy). Let's write and put down our messages in writing where (hopefully) BH will be able to see and read it.. one day. I am constantly urging everyone here to write and post messages at every chance of celebration (New Year, Birthday, Chuseok, Christmas, premieres).. just drop a line or two for BH. Of course.. there is no guarantee that he will even see it.. as we are not official fans but our appreciation, support and concern for Byunghun amounted just as much.

We can always write & ramble here at the thread (or not at all) but most fans tend to keep quiet all the time. Please don't stay silent like this. Maybe it's too much a hopeless fan-girling tendency to follow but is it all bad, if we're trying to tell BH that we care & wanted the best for him. He may or may not listen to "this group" of fans.. it's his choice, his life.. but at least we did our part and asking him to quit smoking or at the very least, smoke less.

Anyway.. as always, I will transfer the Christmas greetings & New Year wishes posted at the thread (if any) to the blog later but I would still prefer and personally encourage everyone to write the message yourself so that it's your name/ID/country that will appear alongside the messages for BH to see. It's probably 99.9% chance he might not even know the existance of soompi fans.. who are still around but there is still that 0.1% possibililty.. while he's surfing the internet late at night as he usually does.. he'd stumbled on the messages. BH can read and reply in English with no problem at all.. so.. what do we have to lose? Unless we try.. we'd already given up something that's positively possible.

Post Season's Greetings & New Year Wishes to Byunghun-ssi

HEREkaos-panda28.gif

London-Korean Film Festival (November 2008)

Good, bad or weird?

Now the festival is over, perhaps it’s time to set down some thoughts on the lead film, Kim Ji-woon’s Manchurian western. This was one of the most hotly anticipated films in recent years, on a par with Lady Vengeance and Secret Sunshine. Kim Ji-woon has built up an enviable track record with his past films. Did his latest measure up to expectations?

The answer is, yes and no. Nom Nom Nom is a riotous frolic of a film, with non-stop action and a fair amount of comedy. It might be tightly plotted, but for many viewers (myself included) the scenes fly by so fast that you might miss what’s happening. Not that it matters particularly.

And be prepared to suspend your disbelief. What, precisely, is Jung Woo Sung swinging from when he launches himself in a wide arc across the rooftops on a rope, picking off the bad guys with his rifle? What, precisely, is a very well-appointed and well-frequented brothel doing slap bang in the middle of the desert? What, precisely, happened to the three young girls who were in Song Kang-ho’s sidecar one minute, gone the next? How many bullets does it take to kill a lead actor? Who cares? It’s all a bit of fun, and these are the sorts of questions which arise in any action film.

What’s enjoyable are the camera-work (particularly the opening scene when Song Kang-ho is followed down the train as he sells snacks before reaching the first class carriage), the spectacle of the desert chase scenes (the influences of Mad Max and Ben Hur are clear) and of course the shoot-’em-up action scenes. Director Kim certainly achieved his objective of making a film that’s bigger and faster than these and other predecessors.

Yet is the film’s achievement more than the sum of its undoubtedly enjoyable parts? Is it a film to which one will return in order to savour it anew or to uncover new subtleties? Possibly not, at least not as much as one might with some of his previous works (particularly Foul King and Tale of Two Sisters).

Characterisation-wise, Jung Woo-sung probably has the worst time, with nothing much in the script to give him interest. Why his character is Good is not clear. Lee Byung-hun as the Bad has an abundance of coolness, while Song Kang-ho as the Weird continues his series of roles as the lovable buffoon who always seems to pull through in the end.

Which brings us to the ending, which is perhaps the least satisfactory aspect of the film, and I don’t think that’s a statement about western preferences for a conclusive resolution. As the three lead actors have their final inevitable confrontation, to which the film has been leading for the past two hours, what are we supposed to conclude about the elusive treasure they have been chasing? Is Kim making a political statement about the nature of that treasure, over which so much blood has been shed? Or is this just another question that should not be asked?

Whatever, it’s a highly entertaining film to watch on the big screen. Like the latest Bond film though, just don’t ask too many questions.

Source: londonkoreanlinks.net