Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Guest huangsy

very rush but i think he can make it, LBH was one of the 1st to attend the wake and he can always be one of the last to step on the red carpet at PIFF

Guest huangsy

I was wrong, captions says LBH is giving up the red carpet bec he attended the wake.

But means he will still go to PIFF but late ?

이병헌, 故최진실 조문위해 PIFF 레드카펫 포기

I was wrong, captions says LBH is giving up the red carpet bec he attended the wake.

Even though like you've mentioned earlier.. he could still make it to the Red Carpet if he wanted to but it's just too rushed. Probably he's also still feeling heavyhearted and needed time to observe things. But BH is not solely needed to be at the PIFF Red Carpet although the organizers are really hoping for his attendance. He still has 3 screenings of GBW of which he will make the stage-greet appearance.

Personally, I would love to see BH at the Red Carpet but under this sudden sad circumstances.. I am more glad to see him attending CJS' wake. It's after all.. the last time to send a friend off.

It's only the Red Carpet opening night event that he's letting go, there's still the closing night which is no less, an important event as well.

Guest ellabel

^^ BH looks really, really sad..... :tears::tears:

I'm glad that he went to the funeral first....

There will always be a PIFF.... and he has been to the red carpet many times.

He still has more time for it.... with the GBW showings.

Really, i cant understand why a person has to take one's borrowed life esp. when you will leave your precious loved ones behind..... BUT, I feel compassion and sympathy for her.....there must be a more pressing reason why she has to do what she did.....it was difficult and painful, am sure.

May Choi Jin shil-sshi find eternal peace and happiness with her God.

I'm glad that he went to the funeral first....

There will always be a PIFF.... and he has been to the red carpet many times.

He still has more time for it.... with the GBW showings.

Really, i cant understand why a person has to take one's borrowed life esp. when you will leave your precious loved ones behind..... BUT, I feel compassion and sympathy for her.....there must be a more pressing reason why she has to do what she did.....it was difficult and painful, am sure.

May Choi Jin shil-sshi find eternal peace and happiness with her God.

I totally agree, Ella... there's always another PIFF and award ceremonies to come but this is the only time to show his support & respect to a colleague and friend who's gone forever.

BH didn't have trouble making the choice as he was among the first to be there.. he knew what he wanted to do, the right one for him. Thanks Huang for the pics & PIFF updates. Appreciate all so very much.

Can't believe what happened.. still so surreal.. read all the news today but it feels like a dream..

Guest TY_KSW

thats what a true man and true actor can do!

i respect what he did...

Guest summer0323

October 2, 2008 - Choi Jin-Shil Found Dead

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...0&start=100

Sad, sad day for Korean entertainment.

This is really a shocking news!! :blink:

She has 2 children & just left them behind....sad

Her famous drama is the one acted with Ahn Jae Wook - a wish upon the star

Guess she's affected by the recent rumours on another guy who committed suicide becoz of debts.

October 2, 2008

13th Pusan Film Festival Opens

By Lee Hyo-won

Staff Reporter

081002_p02_13th.jpg

Asia’s Largest Cinema Event Kicks Off: Movie-lovers and citizens gather at the Pusan (Busan) International Film Festival (PIFF) opening square at Nampodong, Wednesday evening to celebrate the pre-event of the festival. Asia’s largest cinema event marks its 13th year and will run for nine days until Oct. 10, with more than 300 films from 60 countries being presented to movie fans. / Yonhap

BUSAN ― The 13th Pusan (Busan) International Film Festival (PIFF) kicked off Thursday evening with the world premiere of "The Gift to Stalin" here in this southern port city. It is Asia's largest cinema event, featuring a record number of 315 films from 60 countries including 48 international premieres over the nine-day run until Oct. 10.

The opening ceremony at the seaside Yachting Center brought together cineastes and film buffs from near and far for "The Gift to Stalin'' by Rustem Adbrashev. This is the first time for a small film from Kazakhstan to open PIFF, and what had been considered an "experimental" choice on the part of organizers proved to be a success as it set a new online sellout record of 90 seconds. The newly inserted system of allotting on-the-site reservations for those aged 50-plus and not Internet-savvy was also helpful to some, though PIFF needs to promote it better in future festivals.

While news of the death of top star Choi Jin-sil Thursday morning had many of the local press flocking back to Seoul, the festivity was well spotlighted. It also took place under pleasant autumn weather conditions ― unlike last year, when rain and the "political" postponement by the sudden appearance of presidential candidates muddled the show.

Actors Jung Jin-young, who starred in the record-breaking film "King and the Clown'' and most recently "Sunny," and Kim Jung-eun, heroine of the 2007 hit "Forever the Moment," hosted the event.

Special guests of PIFF include the makers of the opening film, esteemed director Wang Kar-wai from Hong Kong and major international festival directors, including Thierry Fremaux of Cannes, who has been visiting annually since the sixth season of PIFF, and Geoffrey Gilmore of the Sundance festival, among many others.

The star-studded roster includes Korea's top stars Hyun Bin and Lee Bo-young, who star in the closing film "I Am Happy," as well as "Modern Boy'' cast Park Hae-il and Kim Hye-soo, hallyu superstar Lee Byung-heon, "Crush and Blush" heroine Kong Hyo-jin and veteran actor Ahn Sung-ki. Also joining the festival are Japanese soap star Juri Ueno, who has a solid fan base here for "Nodame Cantabile''; China's "little empress" Li Xiaolu; ethnic Korean actors Aron Yoo and Moon Bloodgood; Lun-mei Kawi from Taiwan and Chiu Tein-you from Hong Kong.

PIFF closes Oct. 10 with the premiere of the South Korean film "I Am Happy." Directed by Yoon Jong-chan, it is about a dejected patient and heartbroken nurse who meet in a psychiatric ward.

For more information, visit www.piff.org (Korean and English).

Credits: hyowlee@koreatimes.co.kr

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2.../135_32078.html

^ Goodness! BH's hair is all over the place! :lol: But he still made it to PIFF, not to disappoint the organizer's invitation and probably already reserved hotel booking, GBW 3/10 stage-greet .. etc.

Still wearing the suit he worn for the wake.. it's great to see him smiling but.. aish.. he does look tired.. and THAT HAIR! :o:P Cute Hunnie though! :wub:

As he had arrived later than expected, missing the red carpet.. BH must have stayed on at the wake for quite awhile.

Guest Sung-ja e Seiko

Actually I am going to PIFF this weekend. Because of my job schedule I knew that I could not make any chance to see BH at the red carpet etc.

But I was going to write a letter to him for the case if I could see him at the event.

I certainly shocked by the news this morning.

And I still cannot digest what happened, how come she had to leave from her lovely children?

I have heard that BH was quite close to her and she was the person who supported him when he was still new comer in the show biz.

What can I write to him, what sort of words I could give him?

But I believe that BH is a strong person and he always looks at his future.

I think what he did was the right thing to do and I respect him that he attended the PIFF party even after this sad incident.

BH is a real professional.

^ Sung-ja.. strange things do happen, huh. Just when you thought that you won't be able to see BH at the Red Carpet, there is still chance at the GBW screening. Who knows that BH (as well as Dir. Kim, SKH and JWS) would attend all the GBW screenings at the festival. Sure hope you will meet him.. finally and hopefully. :blush: We wish him all the support, love and respect in everything he puts all his heart to, always.

Yup.. BH and the late CJS was rumored to be quite close once due to their collaboration as sweethearts in the drama 'Fragrance of Love' especially but I think (although I'm not sure).. she's probably more like a big sister to BH.. with the 2-year age difference between them.. and obviously, CJS was already a well known celebrity in the industry when BH was just starting his acting career.

I agree that BH is really professional as he managed to be at the PIFF after-party event. He certainly did not forsake the current situation and the PIFF commitment.. one over the other.

ps: on second thoughts.. maybe Dir. Kim went to Sitges instead while the 3 guys stayed back in Pusan for PIFF. :D

Guest kimchibabe

well, i'm just glad his day ended on a happy note. :sweatingbullets:

as they say in showbiz, the show must go on.

now i admire him all the more because he knows what his priorities are...

its to be there where he is most needed.

LBH arrived in time for the party after the Opening Ceremony (no time to change suit).

http://img.news.yahoo.co.kr/picture/2008/c...c4_233606_0.jpg

I wonder who is the person talking with BH here. :blush: Our Hunnie broke into a big smile meeting this person and look at how they greeted each other. Not the usual normal handshake but more like a really friendly.. cool.. buddy-handshake. Someone non-Korean, perhaps?

Guest kimchibabe

^

could be someone from hollywood, perhaps? but its his hair, its badly needing a visit to his stylist.

and he's wearing the jade bracelet again... a good luck charm? :rolleyes:

could be someone from hollywood, perhaps? but its his hair, its badly needing a visit to his stylist.

and he's wearing the jade bracelet again... a good luck charm? :rolleyes:

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps. :rolleyes:

BH must have taken down the sun-roof of his vehicle to let his hair be blown by the strong beach wind in Pusan. :lol: Or other than that, it was just him and the managers.. the ladies (hairstylist/stylist) must have set off earlier when their boss went to CJS' wake.

But.. maybe.. it's BH himself who'd ruffled & messing his own hair. :sweatingbullets: Our Hunnie.. when he's nervous.. he'd often touches the side of his neck. He used to touch his nose, too but not so much of that, anymore. But when he's worried or feeling upset/affected.. I assume.. he likes to touch his hair.. unconsciously, out-of-habit. And the managers (+ the assistants) with him.. all being guys.. would know better and just let him be. :sweatingbullets:

I'm always, always.. intrigued with the bracelet(s) & pendants he's wearing. :blush: The latest jade could be his own.. could be a special gift. :P

Guest ellabel

^ Goodness! BH's hair is all over the place! :lol: But he still made it to PIFF, not to disappoint the organizer's invitation and probably already reserved hotel booking, GBW 3/10 stage-greet .. etc.

Still wearing the suit he worn for the wake.. it's great to see him smiling but.. aish.. he does look tired.. and THAT HAIR! :o:P Cute Hunnie though! :wub:

As he had arrived later than expected, missing the red carpet.. BH must have stayed on at the wake for quite awhile.

:lol: hahaha... the swept hair look didnt agree with BH....... :P

I dont think he wud even have the time to change clothes.

It's nice to see our former VIP, Charles Pak with him.

As kimchibabe said, the show must go on.... and BH is such a professional... he's gotta do what he gotta do. I hope GBW will have a successful Pusan showing.

Sungja dear, hope you'll be so lucky and get the chance to see and talk to BH.

Pls send our regards to him.