rubie

hello!

its so quiet.

is this the calm before the storm?

waiting too for news.... :unsure::mellow:

SweetSis.. at EverythingLBH.. it's ALWAYS the calm before the STORM. :rolleyes:

Just make sure to fasten your seatbelts for the rollercoaster ride. :P:lol:

---

URRGH!! rubie is such a big blurr :wacko: .. totally mixed-up Toronto and Vancouver. :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets:

GBW is screening at another International Film Fest.. in Vancouver! :w00t:

27th Vancouver International Film Festival

September 25 - October 10, 2008

Dragons and Tigers: The Cinemas of East Asia

- the largest annual exhibition of East Asian films outside Asia

08VIFF_hires3.jpg

The Good the Bad the Weird

(South Korea, 2008, 127 mins)

Thursday, September 25th 10:00am

Visa Screening Room

@ Empire Granville Th7$8.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, September 26th 9:30pm

Visa Screening Room

@ Empire Granville Th7$10.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, September 27th 3:30pm

Visa Screening Room

@ Empire Granville Th7$8.00

Official Site: www.viff.org via filmguide

September 10, 2008

Fest unleashes Dragons & Tigers

Highlights include Kim's 'Weird,' 'Serbis'

By DON TOWNSON

VANCOUVER -- The 27th Vancouver Film Festival has unveiled the lineup for its Dragons & Tigers: The Cinemas of East Asia sidebar.

Among highlights are Korean helmer Kim Jee-woon's homage to Sergio Leone, "The Good the Bad and the Weird," and Filipino helmer Brillante Mendoza's "Serbis" (Service), about a dysfunctional family that operates a rundown cinema in a small town. Both pics played at Toronto.

Dragons programmers Tony Rayns and Shelly Kraicer said the series will feature 27 international preems and 18 North American preems to cater to the area's growing East Asian population. Fest claims to be the preeminent showcase of East Asian films outside Asia.

Dragons & Tigers includes a C$10,000 ($9,300) award for a new director from the Asia Pacific region that will be handed out before the North American preem of Korean helmer Yim Phil-sung's "Hansel and Gretel."

"Italy, Mexico and Israel also are proving strong on the filmmaking front at this year's festival," said fest director Alan Franey.

More than 350 films from 60 countries will unspool at 10 Vancouver venues.

Franey said the fest has expanded once again to include 573 screenings, up from the 546 that drew almost 150,000 last year.

The 16-day run opens Sept. 25 with "Stone of Destiny," Charles Martin Smith's take on the true story of Ian Hamilton's theft of an important cultural artifact

Source: Variety.com

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117992017.html

Guest kimchibabe

SweetSis.. at EverythingLBH, it's ALWAYS the calm before the STORM. :rolleyes:

Just make sure to fasten your seatbelts for the rollercoaster ride. :P :lol

read at the TIFF page that GBW gala is tomorrow at 9:30pm

the STORM should land by the 13th....

.....here we go again :w00t::lol:

^ Always.. READY.. SET.. GO! for Byunghun! :lol:

---

In the meantime.. anyone knows what this about.. see our Hunnie there? :blush: Something about exercising and eating (healthily)??! I think.. There's also a mention in another article about something GQ Magazine (September issue). Is BH being featured in the magazine or just a glimpse of name-mention?

송일국, 한 끼에 고기 15인분 먹었다

20080911000999_1.jpg

Source: http://sportsworldi.segye.com/Articles/Ent...&subctg2=00

Thanks to the highlight by deka_if at the News thread

September 10, 2008

Visual stylist - Director Kim Jee-woon

20089513155029584.jpg

The ticket sales of "The Good, The Bad, The Weird" surpassed the 6-million mark at the domestic box office on Aug. 10, emerging as the most successful Korean film in the first quarter of this year. (note: as of Sept 7, GBW now stands at 7-million plus admission)

Director Kim Jee-woon is behind the strong performance from the star-studded cast and $17 million budget.

Born in 1964, Kim studied dramatics at the Seoul Institute of the Art. But he quit the school early and learned theater acting following his older sister Kim Jee-sook, who is a veteran actress. He appeared on stage and also directed some plays, experiencing the real theatrical world.

In 1998, he made his debut as a filmmaker after his scenario for the film "The Quiet Family" won a prize. In the same year, the black comedy about a strange family involved in serial killings was invited to three leading international fantastic film festivals including Portugal's FantasPorto, Spain's Sitges Film Festival and Brussels International Fantastic Festival.

Then he directed "The Foul King (1999)," a drama featuring a salary man dreaming to be a professional wrestler, and participated in a Korea-Hong Kong-Thailand joint project producing an omnibus film titled "Memories" in 2002.

In 2003, he succeeded in satisfying both movie fans and critics with the horror movie "A Tale of Two Sisters." The movie sold over 3 million tickets at the domestic box office. The Hollywood remake of the movie, whose English title is "The Uninvited - A Tale of Two Sisters," is scheduled to be released in the United States next year.

In 2005, the Cannes Film Festival finally invited him and his film "The Bittersweet Life," which is considered to be the greatest honor given to a talented filmmaker.

For actor Song Kang-ho, who is well-known for his roles in Park Chan-wook's "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance" and Bong June-ho's "Memories of Murder," this is the third time to work with director Kim after "The Quiet Family" and "The Foul King."

"Director Kim has a unique art world. He makes his own version in whatever genres he takes. Because he always makes me expect something different, I have wanted to work with him again," Song said at a news conference for the latest "The Good, The Bad, The Weird."

By Lee Ji-yoon - KOREA, September 2008

http://summit.korea.net/news/news/newsView...mp;source=KOREA

-- so missing BH.. and reading about him. :tears:

Excuse me...but has this article been posted ?

송일국 전지현 이병헌 등 스타들 어떻게 몸짱됐나? 비법공개

http://newsimg.nate.com/picture/2008/09/11...618261001_1.jpg

LINK > news nate

Hi puppyiz, welcome to EverythingLBH. Very happy to see you here. :)

No.. we haven't had the article posted *thanks so much!* .. not sure what it's about (something about working out?!) but the image is from LBH's latest movie 'The Good, The Bad, The Weird'.

We really appreciate the sharing.. anything on Byunghun, we gladly welcome. :blush:

Btw.. anyone has any idea what the article of our topless Chang-yi is all about? :unsure:

:unsure: I think .. in a number of articles today (and yesterday).. mentioned about the body(-building) trend of male celebrities.. most noted LBH, for the past year.. working on GBW/ICWTR/GI Joe. He's being praised (highly-commended?!) for a systematic work-out approach in getting such a remarkable result????

Aish.. I'm probably gisting guessing too much.. :sweatingbullets:

Waaa.. though we know he's in Toronto.. just miss reading something.. anything about him. :(

Anyone interested to be co-Admins at the EverythingLBH Forum-site?

Thanks to the cool highlight by LBH.SG

:w00t::w00t::w00t:London hunnies... GET READY FOR GBW! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

September 10, 2008

Watch It! The London Film Festival

By Tim Walker

I spent this morning at Odeon West End in Leicester Square, where the press launch for the 52nd London Film Festival (15-30 October 2008) was held. Two events frame the fest in 2008 - first, the BFI, which organises the event, is 75 years old; second, the festival's most high-profile champion, Anthony Minghella, died earlier this year. The mouthwatering international line-up of films is a fitting memorial to his enthusiasm, especially in a season when the world's other major film festivals are thought to have been disappointments.

This sort of thing always begins with a nice gentleman or, in this case, lady, reading out a yawnsome list of sponsors that she has to thank for funding the whole shebang. Next, the bit we all stayed for once we'd munched our mini pain au chocolats: festival director Sandra Hebron boasts about the 15 world premieres the festival will feature, before introducing a clip reel of some of the festival's highlights. As ever, it's a mix of big event movies and arthouse gems. The opening night gala is Ron Howard's film version of Peter Morgan's play, Frost/Nixon.

Looks like Oscar fodder to me - great source material, superb cast, laughter, tears - something for everyone. Also among the blockbusters on show is the new Bond movie, Quantum of Solace, which has a second spectacular trailer online now:

The Times BFI London Film Festival showcases the best new films from around the world, here in London.

There are new films from at least three major UK directors: Danny Boyle, Richard Eyre and Michael Winterbottom. Steve McQueen's Hunger, Giles Borg's 1234, and a witty short called Tight Jeans prop up the British end. Meanwhile, Alex Gibney's documentary about Hunter S Thompson looks like a blast, as does The Brothers Bloom, the new movie from Rian Johnson, who made the fantastic Brick. Internationally, we can look forward to Modern Life and Palme D'Or winner The Class from France; the acclaimed animated war memoir Waltz with Bashir from Israel; Achilles and the Tortoise from Japan's irrepressible Beat Takeshi, and The Good, The Bad and The Weird, Korea's biggest film of the year, a rollercoaster tribute to its director Kim Jee-Woon's favourite Spaghetti Westerns.

BFI members' priority booking for the Festival opens next Thursday, 18 September. Tickets go on sale to regular punters on Saturday 27 September.

Source: blogs.independent.co.uk

The Times BFI 52nd London Film Festival

lff_banner_logo.jpg

Official Website http://www.bfi.org.uk/lff/

Film on the Square

The most anticipated new titles from around the world, in the heart of the West End

The Good, The Bad, The Weird (Joh-un Nom, Nappun Nom, Isanghan Nom)The three main characters in Kim Jee-Woon’s homage to Sergio Leone are interchangeably good, bad and weird amid the virtually non-stop action in 1930s Manchuria.

Thu 30 October 2008 12:45 ODEON WEST END 2 PRIORITY BOOKING

Thu 30 October 2008 20:45 ODEON WEST END 2 PRIORITY BOOKING

We're in Japanese-occupied Manchuria in the 1930s, and the MacGuffin is a treasure map. Everyone wants it: Chang-Yi, leader of a bandit gang, who's hired to seize it from a train across the plains; his nemesis, the bounty-hunter Do-Weon; and the accident-prone train robber Tae-Gu, who seems to have a charmed life; not to mention the Japanese army, émigré Korean freedom-fighters and assorted Chinese bandits. But MacGuffin it is, because the meat of Kim Jee-Woon's tribute to Sergio Leone is in the virtually non-stop action – and in the shifting balance of power between the three main characters, played by Korea's top male stars.

Kim has been exploring different genres since he launched his career a decade ago (he's done black comedy, social comedy-drama, psycho-horror and a gangster movie) and he's loaded this extravaganza with everything he loves about Italian Westerns, from three-way duels to opium dens. It's a measure of his smarts that all three 'heroes' are capable of goodness, badness and weirdness interchangeably. It's been the hit of the year in Korea, and here's betting you'll find it a blast too. Tony Rayns

Directed by: Kim Jee-Woon

Written by: Kim Jee-Woon, Kim Min-Suk

Cast: Song Kang-Ho, Lee Byung-Hun, Jung Woo-Sung

Distributor: Icon Film Distribution

Year: 2008

Running time: 130min

Source: http://www.bfi.org.uk/lff/good_bad_weird

thanks rubie for the blink and all the news.... :blush:

Please don't mention it :blush: .. I'm happy to share as long as possible, whatever I could.. it's all about BH. :wub: Thankyou for liking the blinkblink.. seeing it truly makes my day, everyday. :) Also thanks for the (private)message earlier on, really appreciate the warm thoughts.. I'm way behind with answering messages lately.. so sorry to everyone waiting.

It's just that I'm cutting down some posts and the constant PMs.. rubie is already a looney stalker as she is. :sweatingbullets::ph34r:

Guest Sung-ja e Seiko

Waaa.. though we know he's in Toronto.. just miss reading something.. anything about him. :(

rubie, everyone,

I have to hit the road now so just a quick news !

GO VISIT THIS. Hurry! :w00t:

http://www.timewarp.jp/pages/guest/article...amp;cid=4153315

Seems like 3 guys joined the portrait photo session on Sep 11 in Toronto.

This is absolutely GORGEOUS :wub::wub::wub::w00t::w00t:

^ AAAAAAAA!!!! HOW FABULOUS!!! :w00t: Thanks Sung-ja for such a cool surprise! :wub:

The guys look awesome in the Toronto photoshoot.. too bad SKH-ssi wasn't with them. Dir. Kim is looking mighty cool in his shades.. as always.. JWS looked a bit dolled-up in one of his photos.. :blush: .. otherwise.. our Byunghun is just fabulously gorgeous!!!! :wub:

toronto2.jpg

toronto1.jpg

Wish there're more pics of BH!

ps: anyone interested.. more GBW cool reviews have been posted at the movie thread.. there's a new one from Telluride as well as TIFF08.

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...0&start=880

:rolleyes: .. the local time in SEAsia now.. is around 11.48 PM ...

and it's approx. 12 hours difference from Toronto..

Our BH, JWS & Dir. Kim must be busy with press conference/interviews and festival related events.. right?

Totally feels like Cannes all over again! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Local time in Toronto, Canada is 11:48 AM, Friday, Sep 12, 2008

Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)-4:00

GBW's first night Gala Screening will be at 9.30 PM tonight.. Toronto-time. The fans & audience there must be so excited anticipating to watch the movie and to meet the NomNomNom especially! :w00t:

Hope everyone can share any update & pics from the film fest! :rolleyes: GBW Fighting!

---

Seems that BH is wearing a pendant again.. with the chain a bit longer than what he'd usually wear. Wonder which pendant he's wearing.. or maybe .. a new one? :blush: :P

GBW's first night Gala Screening in Toronto probably about finished by now. :rolleyes: Hope we'll hear something from fans there. :blush: So far, there's two already got their tickets for Saturday's show.. but not sure if we'll get some updates from the Friday's screening and red carpet.. if any. :sweatingbullets:

Local time in Toronto, Canada is 10:50 PM, Friday, Sep 12, 2008

Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)-4:00fr

i wasn't at the red carpet..but the local news showed lee byung hun and jung woo sung on the red carpet tonight at roy thompson hall

alot of asian fans and media

i hope i see them at the elgin tomrrow!!!

Guest kimchibabe

^WOW! and the trio made it on the local news! that's saying something!

Byunghun's hair, a bit unruly but the sweet smile made up for it. ;)

interviews, yes, there must be some but i'm happy just to see his latest pics :P:P

i wasn't at the red carpet..but the local news showed lee byung hun and jung woo sung on the red carpet tonight at roy thompson hall

alot of asian fans and media

i hope i see them at the elgin tomrrow!!!

:w00t:chungy! .. that's awesome, a snippet on the local news of the Korean actors in town for TIFF.. like kimchibabe said.. that's saying something. :blush:

Sure hopehopehope you'll see the guys tomorrow night.. we can't wait to hear all about it! :lol: Thanks so much for the cool update at the GBW thread, too. Wonder how BH will look on the second night. :rolleyes:

Byunghun's hair, a bit unruly but the sweet smile made up for it. ;)

interviews, yes, there must be some but i'm happy just to see his latest pics :P:P

I actually like seeing him with ruffled hair once in a while.. sexy-Cookie can sure pull it off. *melts!* :blush: :wub::P BH has sort of .. set this "look" .. how do we say it.. the mature sexy appearance post-GBW. Though he may appear sweet clean-cut like the RAV4 clip (from certain angle, he does look a bit too gaunt).. but an overall look would probably the not-so-clean-cut (with a hint of facial hair) yet just sooooooo sexy.

th_tiff08logo1.jpgGBW Red Carpet & Gala Screening 12 September 2008!

Our thanks to the highlight by Sung-ja

All photos from timewarp.jp © Arthur Mola/wireimage.com

toronto6.jpg

toronto7.jpg

toronto12.jpg

toronto10.jpg

just saw CityTV news (toronto news station)

and they actually showed Lee Byung Hun, Jung Woo Sung, and the directors entrance on the red carpet.

they looked pretty good...Lee Byung Hun wore a grey suit with black dress shirt, and thick black rimmed glasses....jung woo sung just wore a black suit..

there were alot of ppls, alot of asian female fans...the reporter even said "well, these ppls aren't famous here, but they are stars in their homeland...alot of ppls from the korean community came out today"