Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

:lol::D Wonder what it will take to get rubie to watch the other 2 segments of 3 Monster, especially 'Dumpling'? ;)

:lol: No more hats, please! I think I'm eating them in my sleep, I can't seem to find my cap anywhere :unsure:

That's exactly right LOL!.. saves me from having to watch it (I mean no offense to 'Dumpling' but foodstuff in horror movies is just a big no-no for me :sweatingbullets: ). Besides it'll prevent H from eating all her good & tasty hats. :P

:phew: Thanks Rubie. Now I can stick to eating good old normal food like sock-I mean salad!

Thanks to BH's influence which he showed in all his acting performances.. I came to appreciate..

in no particular order (all are awesome talented thespians).. Song Kang Ho (he did Joint Security Area with LBH, The Host, Secret Sunshine), Hwang Jung Min (he did A Bittersweet Life with LBH, You Are My Sunshine, Happiness) and Lee Jung Jae (he did White Nights 3.98 with LBH, Over the Rainbow, An Affair, Last Present). :blush:

I think Song Kang Ho is awesome! I thought he was great in JSA and loved his clumsy, lovable character in The Host lol That's another reason I'm looking forward to GBW, because he's in it aswell :)

I'll have to check out more of Hwang Jung Min's movies as I thought he was cool in BSL

Even though he hurt our Hunnie >

:(

Having listed all the actors up there.. I have to rightfully mention here..

that as always.. LBH will always, always.. be EVERYTHING. :wub:

Of course Rubie. Couldn't agree more :wub:

:lol: No more hats, please! I think I'm eating them in my sleep, I can't seem to find my cap anywhere :unsure:

LOL! H :lol: Those hats must be really something, huh! :P

Can't have you near our Hunnie .. or you might gobble up his favourite caps, too. LOL.. Both of you sure love your hats.. but in totally.. different ways. :D

I think Song Kang Ho is awesome! I thought he was great in JSA and loved his clumsy, lovable character in The Host lol That's another reason I'm looking forward to GBW, because he's in it aswell :)

I'll have to check out more of Hwang Jung Min's movies as I thought he was cool in BSL

SKH is just awesome, indeed. I was watching JSA for BH but SKH's character caught my full attention as well. The actor is just getting better and better, every step of the way. I love the all-guys' chemistry in JSA.

HJM was truly the bada** in BSL.. hahaa.. our H just loves the bad guys. :lol: But although he's really evil in BSL.. he's totally different in his other movies.. sometimes almost naive, and funny .. and especially daring, too. :blush: I would just love if he and BH would collaborate again.. instead of being enemies, something more heartwarming .. maybe a comedy? :rolleyes:

You can check out more on SKH and HJM at their threads, links provided at the previous post. ^^

This is the GBW clip we saw before but with some new pics added and a background song to enjoy. :blush: The music might sound un-matched at first but it really catches on.. or not. :P

One capture of the BAD from the clip that we haven't seen before... just sooooo :blush: :blush: . Sorry that the image is too blurry, I was trying to enlighten the capture but it didn't come out that clear at all but you all get the attitude, right? :lol: Hopefully, we'll get to find the original image for this later.

LeeKeeX.jpg

THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE WEIRD by LeeKeiX

youtube2.jpghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gTfJqwlDYM

Thanks to the highlight by Angel70 at lovelbh.com

Guest celina86

This is the GBW clip we saw before but with some new pics added and a background song to enjoy. :blush: The music might sound un-matched at first but it really catches on.. or not. :P

One capture of the BAD from the clip that we haven't seen before... just sooooo :blush: :blush: . Sorry that the image is too blurry, I was trying to enlighten the capture but it didn't come out that clear at all but you all get the attitude, right? :lol: Hopefully, we'll get to find the original image for this later.

THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE WEIRD by LeeKeiX

youtube2.jpghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gTfJqwlDYM

Thanks to the highlight by Angel70 at lovelbh.com

Hey, Rubie, I was going to post the same thing when I saw it on Youtube :P

Thanks for sharing anyways :D

Yeah I haven`t actually seen that pic before either... Mr. Bad looks hawtt :blush: :blush: I agree BTW, the music seemed strange with the video in the beginning but it turned out fine later

LOL! H :lol: Those hats must be really something, huh! :P

Can't have you near our Hunnie .. or you might gobble up his favourite caps, too. LOL.. Both of you sure love your hats.. but in totally.. different ways. :D

SKH is just awesome, indeed. I was watching JSA for BH but SKH's character caught my full attention as well. The actor is just getting better and better, every step of the way. I love the all-guys' chemistry in JSA.

HJM was truly the bada** in BSL.. hahaa.. our H just loves the bad guys. :lol: But although he's really evil in BSL.. he's totally different in his other movies.. sometimes almost naive, and funny .. and especially daring, too. :blush: I would just love if he and BH would collaborate again.. instead of being enemies, something more heartwarming .. maybe a comedy? :rolleyes:

You can check out more on SKH and HJM at their threads, links provided at the previous post. ^^

Hehe aww Rubie I would never eat our Hunnie's caps :P I'd get a strand of hair out of one, use it to clone his DNA and-*ahem* I'm rambling, ignore everything after the point where I said I'd never eat his hats :rolleyes: lol!

You're right about SKH, everytime I see him as The Weird in the trailers he always gets a smile out of me when he comes on screen. I can tell he's going to be great :)

:lol: You're right Rubie, I do love the bad guys. I love the ones you love to cheer for and the ones you love to hate lol I'd love to see HJM and BH in a comedy together, that would be great! I'll have to check out more of HJM's movies.

Thanks for the clip and the pic Rubie. I'm getting so excited for this movie, I can hardly wait! :D LBH looks delicious :wub: *nearly implodes with anticipation of GBW*

Hahaa.. Celina.. we've really looking for (anything) Hunnie everywhere, aren't we? :blush:

Hehe aww Rubie I would never eat our Hunnie's caps :P I'd get a strand of hair out of one, use it to clone his DNA and-*ahem* I'm rambling, ignore everything after the point where I said I'd never eat his hats :rolleyes: lol!

lmfaomg5.gif

Oh gosh.. H.. my jaw and face are hurting so much! LOL!

You really got me at *ahem* .. but hats or not.. we sure missing him so much, huh.. :tears:

I found this at chibineko's, linked to a Korean blog. I'm not sure if this is BH's latest pic or a previous capture (I don't remember seeing one like it) ? The comments made by her seems to be confusing as well.. :wacko::sweatingbullets: .. I used the fish to read but all I get is more blurr than ever. Can someone check this please.. :mellow: .. and clarify on the pic, especially..

bh270208.jpg

Source & credits: http://blog.naver.com/khc7754/20037604704

Copied from ibhsaranhe.exblog.jp

I found this at chibineko's, linked to a Korean blog. I'm not sure if this is BH's latest pic or a previous capture (I don't remember seeing one like it) ? The comments made by her seems to be confusing as well.. :wacko::sweatingbullets: .. I used the fish to read but all I get is more blurr than ever. Can someone check this please.. :mellow: .. and clarify on the pic, especially..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/Hun...og/bh270208.jpg

Source & credits: http://blog.naver.com/khc7754/20037604704

Copied from ibhsaranhe.exblog.jp

Rubie, if not wrong, it was taken during "HERO" time :D

We will see Song Kang Ho when 'The Good, The Bad, The Weird' comes out later. He's playing the weird one alongside BH and Jung Woo Sung (added to mention: although not quite in my list yet, I simply love his performance in 'A Moment to Remember' with Son Ye Jin and really cried buckets!) You should give Joint Security Area a try, not just for LBH.. it's really a great Korean movie, a classic which I'd always recommend to Korean movie newbies. The Host is also awesome although I'm quite intimidated by the 'monster' in the movie :sweatingbullets: SKH's thread.

Hi rubie - thanks for the reply. I think i'll try to grab a DVD copy of JSA, hope I can still find one. I remember that this movie was exhibited before in one of the schools here in our country. If I had known that this is one of LBH's works then, I could have given myself a time-out inspite of my busy schedule. :)

Rubie, if not wrong, it was taken during "HERO" time :D

Thanks ylin for checking it out.. chibineko mentions HERO as well but BH's hairstyle wasn't like that when he did the movie.. huh.. huh.. :unsure:

Wait a minute.. was the tie he's wearing the same pattern? :blush:

I wanted it to be a recent pic of our Hunnie.. :( (even with the moustache and all).. but.. huhuhu.. :tears:

Thanks ylin for checking it out.. chibineko mentions HERO as well but BH's hairstyle wasn't like that when he did the movie.. huh.. huh.. :unsure:

Wait a minute.. was the tie he's wearing the same pattern? :blush:

I wanted it to be a recent pic of our Hunnie.. :( (even with the moustache and all).. but.. huhuhu.. :tears:

You are welcome rubie :)

About the hairstyle..... maybe it was not styled yet for the camera :D Maybe they just took a candid shot of him while he was waiting....

just some assumptions by blur panda lah :D

Hi rubie - thanks for the reply. I think i'll try to grab a DVD copy of JSA, hope I can still find one. I remember that this movie was exhibited before in one of the schools here in our country. If I had known that this is one of LBH's works then, I could have given myself a time-out inspite of my busy schedule. :)

Hope you'll be able to watch JSA, it's not just any war movie, not at all. It is one of the most popular Korean movies to be screened in schools or universities as well as for topic of discussion & talks. It's truly a surprise watching the movie when we could never expect the storyline, nothing of the usual cliche. I'm so glad I found & watched it as my intro to Korean movies just as BD was my intro to LBH. :wub:

Anyway.. just to share how our own Pinay hunnies' excitement of getting to watch JSA back in November 2005 during the 7th Cinemanila, during a Korean movie festival in Manila. Brings back so much good memories. :blush:

Our gratitude to Gigi (a real-life Mrs. Lee ^^), Ella and Elvie.. as well as Ann (aka lee ji woo) who unfortunately didn't make it to the show but always a sweet & sporting panda.

Really missing all our cool & crazy sistahs! :DAs we go back in time in a panda-capsule to November 2005 for an awesome recap! :lol:

OOPS.. btw.. I'm not simply quoting pics (as it's against the forum rule) but just to show the images once again, for those who had missed this before. :sweatingbullets:

a still awed panda reporting! :lol:

I just got back a few hours ago from our Pinay Panda JSA movie date with Ella and Elvie! It's so sad that Ann (lee ji woo) who organized the movie date was not able to join us bec of an emergency meeting at her office! She was so frustrated, angry and crying :(.. Ann sis, we missed u but I hope next time we can watch a BH movie together!

anyway, I am still awed up to now! You just can't imagine how happy I am seeing BH finally on the big screen! it really made a big difference!....you can really see his emotions, his facial expressions...and wow! It amazes me and love him even more! :wub: :wub: hay! :wub: :wub:....he's really one great actor!...me and Ella can't help ourselves and even took pictures of him on screen with our cellphone... we can't wipe the smiles on our face throughout the showing! If only we can shriek aloud but we were ashmed to do so coz the movie was a serious one...if it was EHAS being shown, ay! we will definitely shriek aloud! :lol:

well, here are our pictures of our movie date! :D

the JSA poster displayed in the mall

E-mailIMG_1219.jpg

Ella and Elvie posing above the JSA movie poster displayed in the mall

E-mailIMG_1220.jpg

Ella and Elvie posing with the April Snow poster...it will be showing soon here in the Philippines

E-mailIMG_1222.jpg

Our dessert during our lunch at Max's....while waiting for the 2pm showing.

E-mailIMG_1223.jpg

Elvie posing with the JSA screening time display while Ella buys the tickets

E-mailIMG_1224.jpg

the flyer posted at the ticket booth

E-mailIMG_1225.jpg

the souvenir program of Cinemanila

E-mailIMG_1228.jpg

Me, Elvie and Ella in front of the theater

E-mailIMG_1229.jpg

th_E-mailIMG_1230.jpgth_E-mailIMG_1231.jpgth_E-mailIMG_1232.jpg

awwww i'm so super duper green with envy now :( as green as the bamboo in casey wong's avvie ( nice avvie sis, very cute ) would've given everything to watch JSA with my hunnie sistahs...

I felt terrible when the operations manager announced that I am to be included to the meeting with our American counterparts and that I can't refuse :( so I texted ella unni that I won't be joining them for lunch but will follow for the movie by 2pm. But then it was almost show time and the meeting isn't done yet...was beginning to panic and hyperventilate even, had to excuse myself and make up an excuse just to go to the ladies room and be able to text ella unni again ( was still hopeful, eventhough it was only 20 mins before show time *phew* ) felt too tempted to make up an excuse just to get out of the meeting... ella said i should say I was having LBH este LBM :lol: But i couldn't, I finally had to give it up *tears* I literally cried due to the frustration. had my heart set on it for the longest time, that it felt twice as bad not being there especially when I planned the whole thing :( see how I'm still ranting eventhough it has been more than 12 hours ago? :rolleyes: so sorry hunnies, just can't help it. They all noticed a change in my mood when I went back to the conference room. ne of my American colleagues asked me what was wrong, they thought I had a family emergency or that I broke up with my boyfriend. And so I finally caved in and told the truth, told them that this was to be my very first time to watch a Korean film on the big screen and it's Byung Hun no less. That I had previous plans of watching it with my friends. I even showed them his picture *blush* like a proud momma :lol: oh and they said he's a handsome fellow. I can't help but tell them that he'll be breaking into Hollywood soon, so they ought to watch out for him. They asked me what would make me feel better, and I told them an all expense paid trip to Korea would be more than enough to make up for it *jokingly of course but half meant* they all laughed :lol: come to think of it, I never knew I could be that open about my Korean craze *blush again* I was one desperate hunnie believe me... Felt so bad, had to drive myself straight home after our meeting. Went back to watching All In when I got home. yeap I've been in "all in" mode the past several days. :wub: thanks to the kindness of my elvie unni for lending me her copy...

I envy all those pics you posted Gigi unni, I swear I'm going to have my pics taken too when I watch it on either Monday or Tuesday. Hey Cha hunnie, jisung, wanna join me? *beautiful eyes* will even watch Taeguki with you if you like... Any other hunnie panda who wants to watch JSA with me this monday or tuesday? just let me know okies.

Will definitely watch it even if it means going alone and having the whole cinema all to myself so long as Byung Hun will be there to keep me company. :wub: the things that Byung Hun makes me do :rolleyes:

Personally, I don't like and prefer not to omit anything from an original article of any sort .. whether it's related to BH or otherwise but this is such a long one from a series of write-ups on Korean Wave published at The Korea Herald.

And it's the only one .. so far, that had actually stated 'All In' (or a LBH series/movie for that matter) in the lengthy articles. Just a glance of words.. a follow-up of an update we've read last year.

Related mention worded in bold. Feel free to skip the unnecessary.

---

February 26, 2008

[THE HIGH TIDE OF THE KOREAN WAVE(14)] Korean Wave coming to Latin America

In the last few years, Korean films, TV dramas and pop music have become immensely popular abroad, a phenomenon known as the Korean Wave. This is the 14th in a series of essays by a select group of foreign scholars and journalists looking at the spread of Korean pop culture in Southeast Asian countries and beyond. -- Ed.

The Korean film "Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring" by the director Kim Ki-duk received an astonishing response from Chilean audiences when it was screened here in 2005. Claudia, an aesthetics professor at my university, told her students to watch the movie and submit an essay about it. Nobody dared to explain theoretically the aesthetic value of the movie.

After this, another film by the same director, "3-Iron," was released, and Chilean newspaper reviewers praised the movie. The paper published at my university recommended the film, giving, as the main reason to watch it, "because it's Kim Ki-duk's movie."

But it seemed to make no difference to the Chilean audience whether Kim Ki-duk was from Korea or somewhere else. It is not surprising to find oneself sitting in a theater watching his movie, and hearing someone say, "After all, Chinese culture is amazing."

Chile's national broadcasting network TVN aired the Korean drama "Stairs to Heaven" beginning in March 2006. The network decided to air the show following the enthusiastic viewer response to earlier broadcasts on a cable channel owned by the same TV station.

One day, Francisca, one of the Korean culture class students, said to me: "Professor, my mom's watching an Asian drama 'Stairs to Heaven.' It is a Korean drama, right? She insists that it's Chinese."

A relatively larger number of Korean dramas were aired in Mexico. Dramas such as "Stars in My Heart" and "All about Eve" were shown in 2002, and "Winter Sonata" was broadcast in 2005, followed by "Henequen," a special documentary produced in commemoration of the 100 years of Korean immigration to Mexico. The 2006 broadcasts included "I'm Running," and "Four Sisters."

When former President Roh Moo-hyun visited Mexico in September 2005, enthusiastic fans of Korean actors like Jang Dong-geon and Ahn Jae-wook held rallies to try to get the stars to visit the country. This incident shows the fresh impact of Korean culture in one Latin American country.

A few years ago, Korean media reported that the so-called Korean Wave was also breaking on the shores of Latin America; as proof, there were examples of active fan clubs of Korean actors in Mexico. However, local media in Mexico did not show the interest in this phenomenon that some Koreans may have expected, and we must admit that most of the Korean dramas aired there were through regional broadcasting stations.

Korean culture gained recognition in South America when the film "The Way Home" was shown in Argentina and Chile a couple of years ago. Some Korean dramas were also telecast in Peru and Paraguay. Surely, there was room for Korean culture to be seen, but the phenomenon was as far from being a "Korean Wave" as the physical distance between Korea and Latin America.

This wave, however, is now on the verge of hitting Latin America. This year, TV Azteca, one of the main broadcasting stations in Mexico, decided to purchase two Korean dramas, "Jumong" and "All In."

Chilean students in my Korean culture class watch many contemporary Korean dramas on YouTube. They talk about shows such as "Gung," "Dalja! Spring," and "Misa." Students such as Natalia and Mariana like Korean boy bands, including Dong Bang Shin Ki and Sinhwa. Antonio asked me whether avatar was developed by Koreans. Paula said she came to know about admiral Yi Soon-shin while playing a computer game, "Seven-year War." At the Korean Film Festival held at the Catholic University of Chile twice a year, the performances of Korean dance and taekwondo have left a strong impression on Chileans.

Last year, Chile's National Museum of Contemporary Art held the Korean Contemporary Art exhibition called "Peppermint Candy" in response to the Chilean Contemporary Art exhibition held in Korea in 2006. Beatriz Bustos at Chile's Museum of Contemporary Art said that it was the best exhibition of 2007.

It is important to note that Latin Americans aren't apt to see what we Koreans want them to see and to understand. They like to see things with their own eyes and come to their own conclusions, even though sometimes it means they might focus on a fragmented piece of Korea's reality, and exaggerate it.

Director Kim Ki-duk's new movie "Time" was released in Chile a few months ago. Many Chileans might not know where Korea is or what Korean culture is like. But they have heard of director Kim many times. Many dailies and magazines write about his films whenever a new film comes along. Christina, a theology professor whom I expected an amazing film review from, said, "I like Kim's movie because of the beautiful visual image of Asia, but also because I don't have to bother reading the subtitles."

When Im Kwon-taek's "Seopyonje" was released here, many students said that they couldn't understand why a daughter had to go blind because of her father's passion for singing. Some of them interpreted the father's line "Sing beyond your rancor," as being too obsessive and macho.

Cesar, after watching the movie "Oh! Soojung," asked whether all Koreans consider a dark backstreet as a good place to kiss their lover. Sebastian, who watched "Joint Security Area," saw the subtitle saying "Take the dog meat. It's a health supplement." He later said that he came to believe that Koreans actually eat dog meat regularly. Augustin, an arts professor, said, "Korean women seem to be aggressive and bossy. Is it common to see them beating their husbands, like they do in dramas?"

My colleague Claudia watches Korean dramas on YouTube, and even buys DVD titles of the shows. She says she can learn about the way Koreans think through these dramas. "Koreans seem to be overly romantic. And, in the end, their love always ends in tragedy."

When encountered with pictures of Korean pop icons, Chileans unanimously say that they all look alike or that they are too skinny and that they wear too much makeup. They also often say that the songs of popular girl bands sound exactly like Japanese ones and that the girls look like Japanese cartoon characters.

Central and South American countries cannot be taken as one entity. Except for some countries like Brazil, Surinam and Belize, where Portuguese, English or Dutch is spoken, most Central and South American countries speak Spanish. But it is important to know that they all have different accents and varieties in their lexicon.

"Stairs to Heaven" with subtitles written in Mexican Spanish seem rather odd to Chilean viewers. "The Way Home" translated into Argentine Spanish can be confusing to viewers in the rest of Central and South America.

In Latin America, the pressing need for the Korean Wave, in the minds of Koreans here, is that Korea must be get wider publicity. This means that the successful models of the Korean Wave in other countries cannot necessarily be repeated, and will not apply to all Latin American countries.

Dramas are often lengthy and they usually have some translation or purchasing problems. It is necessary to develop various cultural contents -- for instance, films, music, dance, animation, taekwondo and even IT -- and expand the methods which will work in Latin American countries. Dynamic performances such as samulnori and "Nanta," both of which are all about percussion, will surely fascinate Latin American audiences. It is also important to remember that exchanges can increase when Koreans also show interest in Latin American countries and their culture.

As a teacher of Korean studies, I often meet students who are interested in Korean dramas and pop songs. I was one day given a DVD of "Gung" with English subtitles, as well as a CD of "Shinhwa." Some students here even operate their own websites on Cyworld, a popular networking website based in Korea. However, these are not typical Chileans. But who knows? Some day, they might lead the growth of the Korean Wave in Chile, and spearhead its expansion in Latin America.

Korea's Culture Ministry defines the Middle East and Central and South America as "areas of potentiality" regarding the Korean Wave. In 2006, a Korean council opened in Buenos Aires so as to make Korean culture better-known in the country. It is my humble hope that this goal will be realized, and that I can see the Korean Wave happen in Latin America.

The ways to promote the potential energy of Korean culture depends on Koreans. It is important to promote Korea to Latin Americans who are still unfamiliar with the country. It is crucial to develop our cultural products, and brand them as "Made in Korea." The faraway land of Latin America will also be enriched by the Korean Wave, as long as we remember the simple, but challenging truth: "What's most Korean is what's most global."

By Min Won-jung

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/

Guest kdramafanusa

I tend to agree with our dear Rubie, we have the same taste. :)

Hwang Jung Min's "You Are My Sunshine" is highly recommended, Jeon Do Yeon's his co-star here. Both of them are always so amazing.

Agree. -)

I almost forgot to post this.. BH during the Hero in Busan filming. Does his tie look the same as the one above (seemed more shiny), of course they can always change it for the movie. But if it was the same BH at the same time frame.. I must say that.. uhh.. :unsure: .. his hair before the shooting was very much similar while he's doing GBW which haven's started filming at the time .. It's like 2 different BH..

Uhh.. what am I saying :wacko: .. :sweatingbullets: .. aish.. just forget all that I said above.. huhuhu..

M0040026_peo64020.jpg

I guess.. panda here is still in denial.. and increasing HDS.. waaaaaaaaaa.. :tears:

I tend to agree with our dear Rubie, we have the same taste. :)

Hwang Jung Min's "You Are My Sunshine" is highly recommended, Jeon Do Yeon's his co-star here. Both of them are always so amazing.

Yes, both HJM and JDY in 'You are My Sunshine' were amazing. But I must admit that the storyline was rather cliched though *looks around for snowballs*.. if it weren't for the strong performances of the lead actors and the ending.. I was about to feel a bit disappointed but the acting were impeccable, really saved everything. I just saw HJM in Happiness.. simply wow... and he really clicks with the much younger ISJ.

There's definitely the noticeable difference in acting performances by Best Actors (including LBH) and Actresses, they are just different than the rest.

---

Btw.. our H or AutumnLeaves.. might like HJM's Black House which he did last year.. it's kinda horror-thriller-spooky movie which this scaredy cat have to surrender and hide under a pillow :ph34r: but.. I think it makes a cool Halloween treat. :P Just like Three, Extremes when it was shown in the US during the Halloween of 2005 (2006?).. the movie receives lots of rave reviews.

lmfaomg5.gif

Oh gosh.. H.. my jaw and face are hurting so much! LOL!

You really got me at *ahem* .. but hats or not.. we sure missing him so much, huh.. :tears:

Hehe glad I made you chuckle Rubie :D You're right, we're sure missing our Hunnie :( But all good things come to those who wait, we'll see some pictures of him soon :)

Yes, both HJM and JDY in 'You are My Sunshine' were amazing. But I must admit that the storyline was rather cliched though *looks around for snowballs*.. if it weren't for the strong performances of the lead actors and the ending.. I was about to feel a bit disappointed but the acting were impeccable, really saved everything. I just saw HJM in Happiness.. simply wow... and he really clicks with the much younger ISJ.

There's definitely the noticeable difference in acting performances by Best Actors (including LBH) and Actresses, they are just different than the rest.

---

Btw.. our H or AutumnLeaves.. might like HJM's Black House which he did last year.. it's kinda horror-thriller-spooky movie which this scaredy cat have to surrender and hide under a pillow :ph34r: but.. I think it makes a cool Halloween treat. :P Just like Three, Extremes when it was shown in the US during the Halloween of 2005 (2006?).. the movie receives lots of rave reviews.

Thanks very much for the recommendation Rubie :P I'll definitley hunt this movie down, I should be getting some money soon (oh the horrors of being a student lol)

I know the pics you posted aren't recent but TY for posting them nontheless :D He looks so hot in them, especially love his hair in those photos :wub:

Hehe glad I made you chuckle Rubie :D You're right, we're sure missing our Hunnie :( But all good things come to those who wait, we'll see some pictures of him soon :)

I know the pics you posted aren't recent but TY for posting them nontheless :D He looks so hot in them, especially love his hair in those photos :wub:

It's always so good to come back to the thread when there's a new post by our hunnies. :wub: Thanks H for the posting. Looks like we missed each other.. during the Asia slumberhours. I think I'm always the last to leave.. that's why always my silly ramblings up there. :mellow: But yup.. we're a 24-hr Hunnie-sanctuary.. always here and sharing. :blush:

Totally agree.. that all good things do come to those who wait.. but.. but.. :tears: .. can't help wondering for.. a little capture.. a short update.. a sweet note.. like.. anything.. at all.. :(

Anyway.. I'll come back with something (or not) later.. must keep busy while waiting.. huhuhu...

More Hunnie-talks and cool sharing at the thread, please! :D

Hope you'll be able to watch JSA, it's not just any war movie, not at all. It is one of the most popular Korean movies to be screened in schools or universities as well as for topic of discussion & talks. It's truly a surprise watching the movie when we could never expect the storyline, nothing of the usual cliche. I'm so glad I found & watched it as my intro to Korean movies just as BD was my intro to LBH. :wub:

Anyway.. just to share how our own Pinay hunnies' excitement of getting to watch JSA back in November 2005 during the 7th Cinemanila, during a Korean movie festival in Manila. Brings back so much good memories. :blush:

Our gratitude to Gigi (a real-life Mrs. Lee ^^), Ella and Elvie.. as well as Ann (aka lee ji woo) who unfortunately didn't make it to the show but always a sweet & sporting panda.

Really missing all our cool & crazy sistahs! :DAs we go back in time in a panda-capsule to November 2005 for an awesome recap! :lol:

OOPS.. btw.. I'm not simply quoting pics (as it's against the forum rule) but just to show the images once again, for those who had missed this before. :sweatingbullets:

Actually, rubie I'm not really into action movies or dramas but since JSA is LBH work, I really don't mind watching it. I really hope I still can find a copy of this film. Ye, I remember it was last time that this was posted here many times that this drama was shown in CineManila. It's my first time actually to have seen these photos posted here now. And OMG - Ella is there - too bad, she was just afraid to show her face - hehehe. But at least, I have an idea now how she at least looks like (although haven't seen the face, huh?) Thanks for the reply and sharing here these photos. BTW, is this movie a happy-ending? You see, I'm a sucker for a happy-ending stories - hehehe. :)

Actually, rubie I'm not really into action movies or dramas but since JSA is LBH work, I really don't mind watching it. I really hope I still can find a copy of this film. Ye, I remember it was last time that this was posted here many times that this drama was shown in CineManila. It's my first time actually to have seen these photos posted here now. And OMG - Ella is there - too bad, she was just afraid to show her face - hehehe. But at least, I have an idea now how she at least looks like (although haven't seen the face, huh?) Thanks for the reply and sharing here these photos. BTW, is this movie a happy-ending? You see, I'm a sucker for a happy-ending stories - hehehe. :)

:unsure: .. JSA isn't like our normal, everyday war or action movies. When I bought the vcd after watching BD and in urgent need of a BH fix for Minchul withdrawal ^^ .. I found JSA and Harmonium in My Memory (also a BH movies).. didn't stop to think for another second if it was an action or war movie or not. :blush: Needless to say, I was really surprised by the storyline of JSA despite what's shown by the movie posters & appearance of the characters. It's really not what like our first impression would be. Comparatively, A Bittersweet Life is a through and through (not to mention, hard) action movie but many of us girls, just love the movie.. thanks to its excellent storytelling, precise camera-work, cool high-kicks and our BH, of course! :wub:

jsaue5.jpg

2000 JSA » LEE BYUNG HUN, LEE YOUNG AE, SONG KANG HO

jsa033vm.th.jpg still099nh.th.jpg jsa1re0.th.jpg < this photo represents a very crucial point of JSA

JSA is a story of human drama.. about the relationship of fellow men. As a BH fan, the first instinct to recommend JSA would be because of LBH but seriously, JSA is awesome because of the movie itself. I think it's best to find out about the movie by watching it, regardless of the ending.

(JSA isn't a romance so.. a happy ending is not necessary but it's a well-worth story to watch)

Btw.. looking at the path and pace many of the Korean actors are taking these days.. it can't be helped that our favourite actors will tend to act in some sort of action movies.. one way or the other.. whether we're into it or not. :mellow:

---

ps: it's been the way at the thread that we don't show the faces of our sweet but shy panda sistahs.. hence the masks.. :P