Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Guest Happy_Day

^ Oooh I see I really want to watch it. Thanks for the link! LeeByungHun looked really sexy as usual in the preview so can't wait.. Hope it gets some buzz.. but if it was from 2007.. i guess not

^ Oooh I see I really want to watch it. Thanks for the link! LeeByungHun looked really sexy as usual in the preview so can't wait.. Hope it gets some buzz.. but if it was from 2007.. i guess not

Same here.. many of us haven't seen the movie either (been waiting and wondering like crazy) and Byunghun was really cool & daring in the movie. Quite the darker-type of storyline than what his fans & he's been used to. The movie was initially expected to screen at various international fests but it didn't happen two years in a row due to some internal factors but hopefully with BH's good debut feedback in GI Joe *who knows*.. the movie may get a bigger release.. at least in South Korea and Asia, too.

Does anyone know which part of G.I. Joe was shot in Prague?

It's definitely included in the Paris high-chase scene.. they've combined the two locations together. And perhaps some of the indoor scenes.. like Baroness' mansion? Her husband's laboratory? Noticed how his family name spelled DeCobray.. :P

An old report when they did the shooting in Prague.. if you're going to watch the movie for the third time *so envious!*.. we won't miss seeing the bus in the beginning of the chase (supposedly) in Paris.

April 27, 2008

7 Hurt in G.I. Joe Crash in Prague

Posted by Allan Ford

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1384/gi...ident011og8.jpg

Photo courtesy filmofilia.com

Seven people injured on the set of “G.I. Joe” on Saturday. A collision between a bus and several cars occurred in the center of Prague, police and emergency services said.

Video seen on the private Nova television channel showed the bus, and then other vehicles, being hit by an all-wheel-drive vehicle that appeared to have braking problems. “It happened in a closed area that was rented out to the filmmakers for the weekend,” said Prague police spokeswoman Eva Brozova.

Jirina Ernestova, spokeswoman for the emergency services, said the injured were treated in hospitals in the Czech capital. “According to my information, there were only slight injuries,” said David Minowski from the local production house Stilling Films.

Directed by Stephen Sommers, “G.I.Joe” — starring Channing Tatum, Dennis Quaid and Sienna Miller — is a live-action feature based on the eponymous action figure that is due out in August 2009.

In April 2002, a stuntman from the United States was killed in Prague during the filming of the Rob Cohen action film “Triple X”

Source: filmofilia.com

Variety.com had posted a pretty long Q&A with Stephen Sommers, it didn't mention about BH but mainly the movie and the director obviously..

Interview: Sommers Gets Last Laugh [X]

From various articles, Paramount has given the green light for a GI Joe sequel and although he's tied up with a new Tarzan(?) movie, the director is really anxious to do GI Joe 2 instead. :P

Maybe.. the next summer.. we'll see our Storm Shadow again..Gosh.. Byunghun-ssi will never get to go on vacation.

Btw.. from Byunghun's own blog.. he mentioned that he had a one-day off (on Sunday) after the Jomo Cup appearance on Saturday. But on Monday (yesterday).. he's back filming IRIS. Looks like the drama production is still in full-speed.. for the October airing.

Anyone with more IRIS updates to share?

Guest jaejoongie <3

just wondering does anyone know what ever happened to discovery channel hip korea: lee byung hun?

I've seen the trailer but i've been waiting forever to see it :(

it should be out already... I think. :X

does anyone know?

Guest teukiie

just wondering does anyone know what ever happened to discovery channel hip korea: lee byung hun?

I've seen the trailer but i've been waiting forever to see it :(

it should be out already... I think. :X

does anyone know?

I remember my dad watching it! But not so recently...? LOL Sorry my memory sucks

BTW, is it just me or is Soompi acting weird today? ._.

August 8, 2009

Movie Review Remix (CCFMDS): G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Posted by Ccfmds nerdsociety.com

20090804.02500199030299.03L.jpg

G.I. Joe overcame some bad buzz and lackluster trailers to have a decent 54.7 million dollar opening weekend in the US, and a surprisingly strong 43 million overseas, where it will need to make some serious cash if there is ever hope of producing a sequel. G.I. Joe (much like the superior Transformers) doesn't really depend so much on critics as it does hardcore fanboys who eat up the merchandise like a dude eating a water ice on a hot summer day. The Rise of Cobra is the first live-action vehicle for the awesome figure and 80s cartoon of my youth, G.I. Joe. The live-action movie is surprisingly well-made, exciting, and fun for much of its bloated runtime. Towards the end it kind of implodes into a Transformers-esque overkill, minus the photo-realistic effects and stylish action. G.I. Joe is still worth a trip to the multiplex though. The cast is mostly spot-on, and until the end the action and effects are both first-rate.

G.I Joe is about a team of special operatives taking on a sinister arms dealer who later becomes known as Destro, played with hammy relish by the terrific Christopher Eccleston of Dr Who fame. Eccleston sneers and smirks with relish, having a lot of fun with this character. The bad guys are really the reason to see this movie. A cold-blooded (and hot-looking) Sienna Miller struts around Paris playing Baroness like a model right off of Project Terrorism, killing people left and right with a smile, and actor Byung-hun Lee makes a very cool Storm Shadow. Arnold Vosloo adds good support as Zartan, a totally crazy badass, but it's hipster Indie God Joseph Gordon Levitt who stole the movie for me doing a very odd voice and strutting around his base like Dr Frankenstein who has sipped one too many frozen margaritas. His voice and utter glee at finally playing a villain make him my favorite character from the movie. Channing Tatum broods and flexes ably as Duke and the rest of the Joes are also up to the task. The stuntwork and fight scenes were top-notch and the Paris pursuit scene was exciting and brilliantly staged. That chase scene is easily the best action scene in the flick. It's only towards the end when the movie takes an odd turn towards cartoony underwater action that the flick loses its momentum. The final scene has a nice twist, but it's too little too late.

G.I Joe is an exciting way to spend 2 hours at the cinema. It's action-packed, summer blockbuster goodness for 100 minutes or so. The last twenty minutes are a bit of a letdown with iMAC worthy CG-effects (where is ILM when you need them) and an ending that feels DOA. Still, G.I. Joe is a nice way to start a franchise and I'm hoping the second film can build on this one and make for a very good franchise.

Movie Grade: B

Guest adikkeluangman

I saw some GI Joe billboard in Federal Highway, Kuala Lumpur coz I pass through it everyday. The one with the white masked poster. There few reviews on my local newspaper bout this movie but nothing mention his name even in cast list or handsome Korean actor but only just his movie picture. Does he have solo movie poster?

Does they do Asia movie promo at Taiwan, Thailand etc...

Somehow this remind me of Joon Park in Dragonball. Just because his is famous in Asia. They focus more on him in Asia promo compare to US promo.

I saw some GI Joe billboard in Federal Highway, Kuala Lumpur coz I pass through it everyday. The one with the white masked poster. There few reviews on my local newspaper bout this movie but nothing mention his name even in cast list or handsome Korean actor but only just his movie picture. Does he have solo movie poster?

Does they do Asia movie promo at Taiwan, Thailand etc...

Somehow this remind me of Joon Park in Dragonball. Just because his is famous in Asia. They focus more on him in Asia promo compare to US promo.

Hi N'war, good to see you at EverythingLBH. ^^ Could you share with me the reviews if it's available online.. I'd like to read them, if possible. So far.. there was one printed in the Utusan Malaysia but no mention of Byunghun Lee.. unfortunately.

Not sure if they'll do any more movie tours as the worldwide premiere had been held in Tokyo last July 27th after press conferences in London and Australia. Most of Asian journalists/reporters have been in Japan to cover the event & interviews.

Just as everyone else in the cast (the major roles), Storm Shadow has his own solo poster.. and quite a few actually.

ss11f.th.jpg the very first solo character poster for GI Joe

ss12r.th.jpg the second character poster for the US/international release

ss10.th.jpg South Korea/Japan poster

gijoestormshadow.th.jpg Storm Shadow collectors item

2009080608085456618_1.jpg

^ Storm Shadow billboard in LA. I wonder if the other characters had similar billboard or is this the only one for the movie?

Guest shinerelsie

August 10, 2009

G.I.Joe: The Rise of Cobra' Tops U.S. Box Office

Source: KBS Global

7099_274_l.jpg

Actor Lee Byung-heon's Hollywood debut movie "G.I.Joe: The Rise of Cobra" has topped the U.S. box office. According to AFP on August 10, the movie brought in $56.2 million during the first week since its opening, surpassing "Julie & Julia," which stars Meryl Streep and which brought in slightly over $20 million.

"G.I.Joe: The Rise of Cobra" is based on a famous American cartoon. Lee Byung-heon plays the cool-headed killer "Storm Shadow," who has a painful past.

At number 3 was "G-Force," which recorded $9.8 million. It was trailed by "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" at $8.9 million.

"Funny People," which stars Adam Sandler and which topped the box office last week, has plummeted four notches to number 5 at $7.9 million.

"G.I. Joe" Takes Overseas Box Office

Written by: Monica Burton thecelebritycafe.com

G.I. Joe has reached the top of the weekend box office internationally, after conquering the U.S. box office.

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra has already dominated the domestic box office and now it has reached the No. 1 spot on the foreign box office, pulling in $44.1 million from 35 territories, Reuters reports.

The action film based on the Hasbro action figure toy line took first pace in at least 13 of these territories, though its per-screen average overall was just $7,670.

The $175 million movie directed by Stephen Sommers and co-starring Channing Tatum, Sienna Miller, Marlon Wayans and Dennis Quaid, brought in $5.6 million in South Korea and first place rankings in China (with $4.8 million) and Russia (with $4.6 million). France contributed $3.3 million to the total, the U.K. $2.9 million and Japan $2.4 million.

"G.I. Joe" has yet to open in about 28 overseas territories, including Italy, Germany, the Netherlands and Scandinavia.

"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" had spent three weekends at No. 1, but fell to second place this weekend with an estimated $22.3 million from 64 different markets, earning it a $815.6 million worldwide gross, making it the 20th highest grossing film in history.

Guest kimchibabe

Thanks for the info on the Prague incident, Rubie. I will be looking out for that bus on my next trip to the cinema.

No wonder it was quite a long chase scene, putting the two locations together. The mansion definitely must be in Prague,

isn't this where most of the old castles are?

Already I'm feeling some of separation anxiety now that the movie will be closing next week... :mellow:

Guest shin mi rae

thank you guys for all your suggestions. i will surely look at the kdramas you suggested.

by the way, i will confess that i seriously doubted Hun. I thought his dialogues were dubbed because the english were almost flawless. there were no hints of the korean-english accent. but i didnt mind the dubbing becuase LBH's acting was just superb. but this morning, i was watching HBO movie access or inside access (cant exactly remember the name of the show but it sound's like that). the show was taped in GI Joe's worldwide premier in Tokyo. LBH was interviewed and he spoke in fluent english. and he sounded like storm shadow!!! omo! no dubbing! it means storm shadow was all LBH. im even more impressed. kudos LBH! aja aja fighting.

Byunghun's deep voice when speaking or interviewed casually is very sexy *wait till you hear him sing :wub: *, there's this warmth that you won't miss as if he's teasing with his answers which at the same time, easily commands the attention of the listeners with insightful and accurate views. LBH is one actor who's very articulate in his responses that his intereviews with the media are always the best around.

But as Storm Shadow in the movie.. he sounded pretty cold, serious and menacing, with a clear dangerous tone that you know never to mess with. This is what I think makes some people assumed that his voice was dubbed. As for English, being a non-native speaker of the language.. he has some moments that he had to think of what to say when answering questions in English but BH is really blessed and gifted because he's quick to adapt with the language and not afraid to use it whenever he can. Being around a manager and friends speaking in English really boosts his confidence too, that's why he's actually more comfortable filming & acting in the movie that actually thought..

One factor that stays the same since before.. his English pronounciation is really good.. almost without any accent and he is a perfectionist when it comes to work. From past articles, it's reported that he himself would ask for retakes if he feels that his English isn't good/clear enough in the scenes.

Just as he did for the sword fighting scenes, it was all him.. which he started practising from scratch a month earlier before the actual shooting starts, he made sure that his English lines would be top-notch.

] 2009080608085456618_1.jpg

^ Storm Shadow billboard in LA. I wonder if the other characters had similar billboard or is this the only one for the movie?

This billboard is located in Wilshire Blvd. in Koreatown. in LA . I am going to pass by there just for the thrill of seeing his giant billboard on the building. Plus was reading LA Times yesterday and his picture (GI Joe) was on the front of the Business section. I was so thrilled and proud for him. Will upload the scan from the paper of course I kept that part of the paper. Will share it here later.

August 12, 2009

Byung-Hun Lee at number 30 of the IMDBPRO STARmeter top search

htm_200908121000570107000001070100-001.jpg

Co-incidentally, his GI Joe co-stars Sienna Miller, Rachel Nichols, Joseph Gordon Levitt and Channing Tatum are also in the top 10 top searches..

Byunghun's ranking have certainly gone up a great deal due to raised interest shown to his performance as Storm Shadow in the blockbuster summer movie.

Source: isplus.joins.com

G.I. Joe The Rise of Cobra | Official Movie Site

BYUNG-HUN LEE (STORM SHADOW) is an international superstar who is recognized as one of the starters of the "Korean Boom" in television and film. Known as one of the "Four Kings" in Asia, Lee is the only actor to sell out the Tokyo Dome with 45,000 screaming fans. Having completed a 70,000-fan arena tour in Japan in 2007, he has solidified his position as one of Asia's top stars. 

Lee was born in Seoul, South Korea, and originally wanted to be a film director of motion pictures but fell into acting. He started his acting career in 1991 with a Korean television drama, "Asphalt, My Hometown." Since then he has done many dramas on the small screen, including "Tomorrow Love," "Police," "Son of Wind," "White Knight 3.98," "Happy Together," "Beautiful Days" and "All In." Although much of his early success came from television dramas, Lee's real passion was for making films on the big screen. 

His most recent films were Kim Jee Woon's "The Good, the Bad, and the Weird" and Tran Anh Hung's "I Come with the Rain." Other credits include Kim Jee Woon's "A Bittersweet Life," Park Chan Wook's "Three Extremes," "Everybody Has a Little Secret," "Addiction," "Bungee Jumping of Their Own" and Park Chan Wook's "Joint Security Area." He is currently in production on "Iris," Korea's highest budgeted TV drama to date. Lee is currently an ambassador for UNICEF and Tourism Ambassador for France. He has also received France's Chevalier of the Order of Arts and Letters in 2006. 

Source: gijoemovie.com

A review of a different kind.. major spoilers of Storm Shadow's background based on the comic here

Where the special effects are occasionally hit or miss, the sword scenes kick richard simmons. Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes elevate this film in ways that defy description. Not only is Byung-Hun Lee just plain hot, he and Ray Park bring it home ever single scene, mixing intelligence, strength, pathos, and passion. Their onscreen moments also remind us that all the tech in the world means very little when set against skill. The fact that Asian martial arts outshine both CGI and military weapons is perhaps a telling lesson for a film centered on GIs.

Source: http://likeawhisper.wordpress.com/2009/08/...major-spoilers/ 

Guest shinerelsie

EXCLUSIVE: Byung-hun Lee - The Stormshadow Interview

stormbig.jpg

Byung-hun Lee is already a big star in Korea, and with his classic good looks and kick-butt role in the live-action G.I. Joe movie, he's ready to become a big deal in outside of of Asia...

CBM: Tell us about your character "Stormshadow"

Byung-hun Lee: Actually, I didn't have any idea of G.I. Joe and Stormshadow because in Asia it is not a well known cartoon. They didn't show it. When I first got the script from my agent, I was not familiar, so, I had to learn about the history of G.I. Joe and especially my character. So, I learned a lot from Stephen, Lorenzo and the other actors and actresses. As you know, Stormshadow has a lot of pride. For example, he doesn't kill anybody without any reason. He's a martial arts expert.

CBM: What martial arts are you involved with. I'm assuming Tae Kwon Do?

Byung-hun Lee: Right. Tae Kwon Do is my main martial art. And there is a little bit of difference between the styles of Snake-eyes and Stormshadow. Snake-eyes (Ray Park) is based on Wu-shu--which is Chinese, and Stormshadow is based on Korean Tae-Kwon-do. So Snake-eyes is more flash and movement, and Stormshadow has simple but strong movement.

CBM: Are you mainly using weapons in your fights? It seems as though Stormshadow always has his swords out.

Byung-hun Lee: I have swords, but I usually use my kicks.

CBM: There has been a lot of criticism of the live-action movie. What would you tell the critics to convince them to see the movie?

Byung-hun Lee: This is a light-hearted movie, and its good to enjoy and have fun. In Japan, Marlon (Wayans) told audience "Better Fasten Seat Belts." I think that was a good speech for this film.

CBM: What did you like best about working with Ray Park?

Byung-hun Lee: In the movie he is the enemy, and we hate each other, but in real life we are really good friends. We had to train a lot together before the production, so we are so close. And he is REALLY good at Martial arts. His movements are so flashy and skillful.

CBM: He said in an interview that you trained 5 days for the climactic fight scene between Snake-eyes and Stormshadow. Is that right?

Byung-hun Lee: Yeah, Yeah, of course. And there are a lot of fight scenes in this movie.

CBM: How about Sienna Miller? What is the relationship between Stormshadow and The Baroness? Is there a love interest there?

Byung-hun Lee: (Laughs) Yeah, actually we talked about that a lot--as a joke. As you know, the relationship between us is... Stormshadow is the Master for her. There is a line I say, "You are my best student." In the press conference in Korea, she (Sienna) talked about that maybe in the sequel there could be romance between Stormshadow and The Baroness.

CBM: What was it like for you to promote this in Korea? You're already well-known there, right?

Byung-hun Lee: It was really great. Sienna Miller and Channing Tatum, Stephen, Lorenzo, they all told me they'd never seen that kind of red carpet at a press conference before. There were a lot of fans and they were freaking out.

CBM: I'm assuming you're signed on for sequels?

Byung-hun Lee: Three. And I would come back to play Stormshadow if they make them.

CBM: Well, thank you for your time.

Byung-hun Lee: It was my honor. Thank you.

^ Thanks zashibear, appreciate it very much. Don't forget your thoughts on the movie, too. ^^ Good, Bad, Weird?

Everyone, if interested.. vote for your favourite 'Rise of Cobra' character. Registration required.

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-live...rmance-roc.html

August 12, 2009

Byung-Hun Lee at number 30 of the IMDBPRO STARmeter top search

pho_200907291802470201000002010400-001.jpg

Co-incidentally, his GI Joe co-stars Sienna Miller, Rachel Nichols, Joseph Gordon Levitt and Channing Tatum are also in the top 10 top searches..

Byunghun's ranking have certainly gone up a great deal due to raised interest shown to his performance as Storm Shadow in the blockbuster summer movie.

htm_200908121000570107000001070100-001.jpg

Source: isplus.joins.com

Source: www.imdb.com

What are STARmeter & MOVIEmeter?

STARmeterTM and MOVIEmeterTM are rankings of every person and title in IMDb. Available only on IMDbPro, our website designed for people who work in the entertainment industry, STARmeterTM and MOVIEmeterTM provide industry professionals with insights into the popularity of film and television productions as well as the people who make them. To learn more about our rankings, sign-up for an IMDbPro two week free trial. To start your free trial, click here.

What do the rankings mean?

Plain and simple, they represent what people are interested in, based not on small statistical samplings, but on the actual behavior of millions of IMDb users. Unlike the AFI 100TM or Academy AwardsTM, high rankings on STARmeterTM and MOVIEmeterTM do not necessarily mean that something is "good." They do mean that there is a high level of public awareness and/or interest in the title or person.

How are these ratings calculated?

IMDbPro uses proprietary algorithms that take into account several measures of popularity for people and titles. The primary measure is who and what people are looking at on the public IMDb.com website.

The rankings are updated on a weekly basis.