Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

8 Gifts that don’t cost a cent ~ to give and receive!

wish_bh4.gif

1. THE GIFT OF LISTENING

But, you must REALLY listen. No interrupting, no daydreaming,

no planning your response. Just listen.

2. THE GIFT OF AFFECTION

Be generous with appropriate hugs, kisses, pats on the back and handholds.

Let these small actions demonstrate the love

you have for family and friends.

3. THE GIFT OF LAUGHTER

Clip cartoons. Share articles and funny stories. Your gift will say,

“I love to laugh with you.”

4. THE GIFT OF A WRITTEN NOTE

It can be a simple “Thanks for the help” note or a full sonnet. A brief, handwritten note

may be remembered for a lifetime, and may even change a life.

5. THE GIFT OF A COMPLIMENT

A simple and sincere, “You look great in red,” “You did a super job”, or “That was a wonderful meal”

can make someone’s day.

6. THE GIFT OF A FAVOR

Every day, go out of your way to do something kind.

7. THE GIFT OF SOLITUDE

There are times when we want nothing better than to be left alone. Be sensitive to those times

and give the gift of solitude to others.

8. THE GIFT OF A CHEERFUL DISPOSITION

The easiest way to feel good is to extend a kind word to someone, really it’s not that hard,

to say, “Hello” or “Thank You.”

Hi, anyone notice? I thought the lady behind EH looks like her mum. :mellow:

I thought so, too.. as their mom would always support BH's related events. But I'm not sure to confirm, she looks like her.

Guest cynthia05

I thought so, too.. as their mom would always support BH's related events. But I'm not sure to confirm, she looks like her.

Yup itz his mummy

^ Thanks Cynthia and Celine for the confirmation, appreciate the reply! ^^ Though I've seen the photos before, I'm still not too sure as those who have seen Byunghun's Omma upclose. :blush: But it's really heartwarming indeed how his family really took time out to support BH even though he wasn't actually available for the event.

Speaking of which.. now that he's back in Seoul.. I can only imagine the crazy-hectic schedule BH Ent is lining up for him. :sweatingbullets: July and August will surely be his busiest days ever. Hope BH will still have some time to rest (and uhh.. meet his love one, perhaps :huh: ) and get all that energy recharged for STORMy SHADOW. :lol:

Byunghun-ssi, Go Go Go! Fighting! fight.gif

Guest kikkii

rubie Hunie!!

Please give happy birthDay Song to our Hunnie in everyday on this month.

I don't understand every meaning wish in the song but I think it's all good meaning and hope to give every good things in the world to Hunnie.

Happy BirthDay Hunnie!!!

h103glassheartpaperwt40.jpg

10894383808645.jpg

and

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyF0Oj2iJhw

and

and

and

and

every Happy BirthDay song.....

everydaygoodday.jpg

July 1, 2009

Lee Byung Hun & Lee Eun Hee SIANA spotted!

Thanks to ylin for the website highlight at siana.co.kr

siana.jpg

March 30, 2010

More than just water

Source: angiely@heraldm.com koreaherald.com

Min Ji-ah, 29, often gets teased by her boyfriend that she is obsessed with water. Not just any water, but the minerals and the sparkle contained in attractive and fashionable bottles.

Admittedly, her infatuation is somewhat influenced by pictures of stylish Hollywood stars walking about in Paparazzi pictures, holding water bottles as effective accessories.

Min is one of the increasing number of Koreans that have grown keen to so-called premium water - some of which costs as much as 15,000 won per 750 ml bottle.

"One of the reasons for the rise in premium water consumption is the deterioration of the environment," said Ryu Jin-whan, an avid water collector who runs a website selling more than 100 types of different water brands. "While most consumers have been fully aware of the importance of water, it had been taken for granted in Korea as people thought it was common and plentiful," he said.

Indeed, over the past several years, more people appear willing to pay high costs to drink "good" water. The market for spring water has grown by 10 percent in recent years, with the size reaching some 390 billion won last year. Nearly 5 percent of that is taken up by imported brands.

Lee Jong-un, 33, remembers drinking on a daily basis barley tea made by his mother, who boiled tap water with barley seeds. Or he would occasionally drink spring water that his grandfather brought down from his weekend morning hiking on a mountain nearby. "Now we mostly buy those mineral waters made by Korean brands at supermarkets," said Lee, who is now married with a baby girl. He said that his drinking bottled mineral water is partially about being more health-conscious, but also because it`s more convenient.

For the past 30 years, Korea`s annual precipitation was 1,245 millimeters, which is 1.4 times higher than the world average. But with a lack of efficient maintenance and high population density, Korea has been listed among the countries with a water deficiency. It is said that the country will be short of about 2 billion tons of water annually by 2011.

With these factors combined, along with the urge to eat and drink better, the trend for high-end water indeed seems to be prevailing as one of the expanding marketing trend. As is well-known, 70 percent of a human body is comprised of water, and a daily intake of two liters is considered ideal.

There is no scientific definition of what makes water good, but it is said that chemically clean, mineral abundant, weak alkali (of 7.5 pH) and high dissolved oxygen waters are recommendable. "Until the 20th century, people could be supplied with enough minerals through intakes of various kinds of food, but the rampant use of fertilizers, insecticides and herbicides that damaged the soil subsequently reduced the ingestion of minerals," explained Jeon Chang-yong, CEO of the TH Group that makes premium water, including its flagship brand Siana Water.

Since the revision of the law concerning drinking water in 1995 that allowed sales of water, Korea`s market for natural mineral water has grown by 10 percent annually. There are nearly 70 different local water brands including Panablu`s "Sure," Lottechilsung`s "Bluemarine," and Watervis` deep sea water. All aspire to give the "best" water possible, not to mention attractive packaging to grab consumers` attention.

TH Group has also developed its own brand "design Siana water" - pH9.8 alkali water that contains necessary minerals and the company`s own invention of a substance (combination of potassium chloride, magnesium and potassium carbonate), which the company explains prevents germ multiplication even after the bottle is opened.

Siana Water has also passed the safety review of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and is currently sold at Sam`s Mart across the United States as well.

si_06.jpg

But as is the case with most growing industries, the expansion of the premium water market has induced problems.

In June this year, the National Institute of Environmental Research found 8.9 percent of the 79 water brands to contain bromate above the World Health Organization`s standard amount 0.01 mg/L. Bromate is considered to be carcinogen, and undesirable when found in drinking water.

Packaging has also became a source of concern, following a local TV network`s claim that poorly-made caps of some of the mineral water brands pose contamination risks. "Excessive competition for premium water also tends to aggravate water deficiency in some of the areas as they compete to produce more and more," Ryu Jin-whan said.

Korean companies should also aim higher and pursue higher-value-added projects that combine overall water supply and a drainage system, according to water experts. "It is time that each company think about how not to damage the environment while obtaining water," he said.

Regardless, the rising demands are making more businesses come up with premium water marketing strategies.

Shinsegae Department Store opened a "Water Bar" at its Centum City branch in Busan, South Gyeongsang Province, in March this year. The bar, complete with "water sommeliers" and 100 different types of premium water types, is now visited by about 130 customers a day.

The second Water Bar opened at Shinsegae`s Gangnam branch in August, and the third one is set to open at Yeongdeungpo. "Just this year (from Jan. 1-Aug. 9), sales of natural water surged by 67 percent from the same time period last year, with the imported brands showing exceptional surge of 85 percent," said Kim Sang-min of Shinsegae`s PR team.

Kim explained that the most popular ones are FIJI Water, Evian, Perrier and WHISTLER. Local brands made with deep sea water are also gaining popularity. They have been so successful, the department store giant has now introduced top-notch ones as well, including Staatl Fachingen of Germany, which costs 15,000 won per 750 ml bottle, and VOSS, a mineral sparkling water of Norway reportedly loved by the great author Goethe costing 5,500 won per 375 ml bottle.

Hotels are also joining in on the move, providing wider purchase opportunities.

"We urge customers to purchase premium water by setting them on tables instead of wine," said Yoon Sung-nam, food and beverage assistant director of Grand InterContinental Seoul. Grill restaurant C Grill has on the tables VOSS, while Italian restaurant Cafe Espresso has in sotre San Pellegrino.

"While the response from the local customers is still limited, the (demand) is surging. As for foreign nationals, it has always been a common service to recommend one or offer a water of choice," Yoon said. The numbers are still slight, but the demand for premium water has surged by 30 percent, he said.

Sheraton Grande Walkerhill`s restaurants have also begun an enthusiastic promotion of water since August, by lowering the price and expanding the selection. Their water menu includes Soonsoo, Sure, Evian, Siana, Perrier, Oxygizer, VOSS and Glaceau Vitamin Water.

Premium water can also be reached online, such as through www.watercafe.co.kr, Ryu Jin-whan`s website. It offers detailed information on anything that has to do with water, along with a shopping mall of more than 100 different brands.

"All in all, the most important thing is to drink the water that best suits you, and to maintain the habit of drinking it as often as possible," Ryu said.

Thanks to the highlight by 2uss at SSH thread, Lotte Star Avenue captures at seoulnavi.com

98ae9a4f63db3a43_S2.jpg

a189116934340784_S.jpg

No wonder EH was there... BH is also one of the main attraction of Lotte's Star Avenue.

His counter is even in the middle.... fitting for the center of attraction like LBH.

rubes sure agree with Ella, the counter for LBH is placed right in the middle of the exhibition space.. truly befitting the heart of attraction he is. :wub:

Guest shinerelsie

5699.jpg

Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da! BYUNG HUN-SSI

FOR OUR BELOVED BYUNG HUN LEE IN HIS

SPECIAL DAY!!!!

Birthday Blessings

Instead of counting candles,

Or tallying the years,

Contemplate your blessings now,

As your birthday nears.

Consider special people

Who love you, and who care,

And others who’ve enriched your life

Just by being there.

Think about the memories

Passing years can never mar,

Experiences great and small

That have made you who you are.

Another year is a happy gift,

So cut your cake, and say,

"Instead of counting birthdays,

I count blessings every day!"

By Joanna Fuchs

^ Thanks Elsie, that's a real heartwarming and wonderful birthday blessings for our Byunghun. Your wishes and kikkii's too, have been posted at Byunghun of our Hearts and certainly looking forward for more. rockon.gif Everyone is warmly encouraged to share birthday greeting & wishes to BH at the blog, we'd love to have a really fabulous, cool & various compilation of great wishes for our Hunnie. :wub:

Guest Janie Simply

Oh it's July already... oh well, July 12 is still a long way to go <_< ; can't think of what to greet Hunnie with yet, since Ruby is the birthstone for all July babies, let's reminisce this...

RUBEURS is Latin for RUBY!!! Simply fascinating! :w00t:

It is the birthstone for July babies (in this case, Byunghun-ssi.. and rubie, too :blush: ).. so.. it is what it is, huh. Finally.. I can rest my mind searching for the answer. Phew! See.. it's really good to have an inquisitive mind.. be a curious cat. :P By asking and sharing.. we truly learn something.. every day. :wub:

It's has nothing to do with Rubeurs when I started to use the ID ruby/rubie some 7 years ago.. it's simply because I'm born in July.. that's why I'm attracted to use "ruby" in Sokorean.com and "rubie" in soompi (which stuck on till today). But to note that Rubeurs is also actually ruby.. how fabulous is that.rbhcool.gifhug.gif And MWAHHHH!

Ruby is the official birthstone for the month of July. Ruby is given at the gem for the 40th wedding anniversary.

Ruby is the most valuable variety of corumdum. Ruby varies in color from pink red to brown red. Rubies with the finest color come from Myanmar (formerly Burma). The ruby is one of the hardest stones in nature, second only to the diamond. Very good quality rubies are rare and fetch exceptionally high prices. Good quality stones of at least 2 carats are still quite valuable.

The name Ruby is from the Latin "rubeur" meaning red. In Sanskrit it was called "ratnaraj" meaning "king of precious stones".

Legend has it that a ruby instills health, wealth, wisdom and success in love. The ruby is considered a stone of power and passion. It is supposed to bestow energy and willpower. The alchemists adopted the "perfect ruby" as a symbol of the philosopher's stone or elixir of life.

Source: thecastlejewelry.com

oh, it's our super-model moderator's birthday too so here's BH-sis & Janie

wishes rubie-hunnie

Saengil chukha hamnida & all the love in this new year B)20090128120606415.jpg

~~~

Looks like he intends to stay in showbiz as long as he can... and rightfully so coz he still has a lot more to give in the industry that he loves. A consummate thespian, he has a long, long way to go. BH is still at the peak of his career and with the dedication, perseverance and innate talents that he have, many more wonderful opprotunities and great roles can be given to him.

The way I see it, BH is no longer pressured to get married. I think even his family agrees that it will come when the right girl comes along. ... a woman worth giving up a few projects or spending quiet time outside of showbiz. I'm not worried that BH is not going to get married coz he is a prized catch. I just hope he gets a wonderful wife who would complete him and gives him the family he aspires.

Boy ellabel, you never cease to amaze... always so good at heaping BH-sis with such luscious lavish of praise... those are good words for his birthday greetings, now if you ain't gonna use them, me sure will grab it <_<

Aigoo.. I'm already a few days older than I'm supposed to be.. thanks to Janie-hunnie ;) .. but I'll take that dashing man with the roses anytime.. all the time.. infinitely. :wub:

EH's birthday is also in July.. though she's not a Cancer like Oppa.. and me.. heheh. :lol:

Yupyup! We are July hunnie babies! :Pbdayblink4al8.gif

ps: thanks for the warm wishes, everyone.. but anything for rubes.. please PM instead, or leave a message at the profile section or drop by at the Blurpanda blog since July is mainly BH's birthday -- the most important highlight of the thread. :blush:

Guest ellabel

^ ylin sis, i miss Min chul too...... well, u can always go back to your vcds or dvds, that is if they are not yet worn out due to countless use..:lol:

Boy ellabel, you never cease to amaze... always so good at heaping BH-sis with such luscious lavish of praise... those are good words for his birthday greetings, now if you ain't gonna use them, me sure will grab it <_<

janie hunnie, you flatter me :sweatingbullets: :blush:

There are only very few ppl who inspire me to write like this.....from the heart. In fact, in these days of toxicity and stress, i feel that i've lost all my creative juices already. So, for BH bday, i cant think of anything to do or write. Good thing our ever reliable rubie dear covers for many of us in so many ways. I wonder what gift u sent BH this year. :unsure:

Guest ylin

wow...didn't see these pixs for quite sometimes... I have placed beautifuldays aside for a few years. I think it's time to re-watch it ~ :P

summer, time to dig your copy out to clean the dust ....

hahah .. the shop near my house was having sale and I bought a DVD copy of Beautiful Day for just S$12 ...

the picture quality is very good and I am so happy today :lol::lol::lol:

92537994.jpg

Guest kimchibabe

^

So young...so beautiful. I simply can't get enough of him! :blush:

The angry Minchul .... he sends shivers down my spine.Love him so.

Guest ylin

イ・ビョンホン主演ドラマの秋田ロケに密着~独占インタビューや素顔も

61007-iris1_640.jpg

61007-iris2_640.jpg

6年ぶりに韓国ドラマに出演するイ・ビョンホンに密着。インターネット有料動画配信サービス「TBSオンデマンド」では、彼が主演する韓国ドラマ「IRIS」(アイリス)の撮影風景やインタビュー、ドラマ本編映像も交えた撮影速報を配信開始した。

※ クリックで拡大 【韓国ドラマ「IRIS」撮影速報!イ・ビョンホンinJAPAN~おまたせ!ドラマ映像ついに到着!~TBSオンデマンドバージョン】

(c) 2008 TAEWON ENTERTAINMENT.

「韓国ドラマ『IRIS』撮影速報!イ・ビョンホンinJAPAN~おまたせ!ドラマ映像ついに到着!~TBSオンデマンドバージョン」では、スパイものアクションドラマ「IRIS」の秋田ロケに密着。撮影現場の裏側や日本のファンとふれあうイ・ビョンホンの姿を収録している。そのほかイ・ビョンホンはもちろん、キム・ソヨンや人気アイドルグループBIG BANGのT.O.Pなど、豪華共演陣の独占インタビューや、さらには撮りたてほやほやのドラマ映像もいち早く公開している。利用料金は525円となっている。

Btw.. what does the latest IRIS article say?

hahah .. the shop near my house was having sale and I bought a DVD copy of Beautiful Day for just S$12 ...

the picture quality is very good and I am so happy today :lol::lol::lol:

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5928/92537994.jpg

WAH! Great Minchul moments, ylin. Can totally feel your excitement *that is really a good bargain!*.. this man sure has that lasting impact on us.. all the time, all the way. :w00t: Always love his little boy look.. like he's just got his most fave toy. :lol:

Seriously.. there will only be one Lee Minchul and no other.. the actor playing him can only be Lee Byunghun :wub: and absolutely no other. no2.gif

Discovery Channel's HIP KOREA - Seoul Savvy feat. LBH & Beautiful Days

Thanks to the sweet sharing of friends from the bottom of my heart

Beautiful Days was one of the dramas that sparked the Korean Wave, a region-wide craze for all things Korean.

ssbh1.jpg

Lee Byung Hun talks about Korean screen heroes

Before, being physically powerful and brusque was considered masculine. But now it seems being aware of the physiological differences of men and women and being able to understand and be considerate of what women need is what considered masculine.

ssbd3.jpg

Choi Ji Woo
: Lee Byung Hun plays the role of a very rich CEO of a company and I played a poor girl. Lee Byung Hun tried to accommodate my character. Since he fell in love with me, he ended up riding the subway a lot. It was tragic and heart-breaking in a word, a melodrama.

CJW + BD ngs
: He's really funny.

When I was doing a close-up shot, he would make really funny faces.

People don't understand why I am laughing. It's supposed to be a serious scene you know.

People ask "Do Korean men really cry a lot?"

"Do they really plan surprise parties that often for women?" "Do they really kneel down and give you flowers?"

CJW
: No way!
:lol:

Producer Kim Jong Hak
(KJH Productions, BD distributor in 2001)

Korean actors are able to use their eyes and everything else to express themselves in great detail.

This makes Asian housewives think "I have been misled by my husband all this time". "I should have been loved like that."

Captures from Discovery-NHK by EverythingLBH l rubie l More posted at the BD thread

We've heard this many times before but it's always heartwarming to note Dir. Kim Jee Woon's trust in BH that he's the one & only choice for BSL.

bh39a.gif

LEE BYUNG HUN in A BITTERSWEET LIFE (2005)

"I think I've been in this field for too long to worry about whether this film is going to be successful or not. I'm quite beyond that now," says Lee. "Well, life goes on. What's meant to happen happens." Lee believes in destiny, in that sense.

"I didn't know I would be an actor for this long. When I made my first debut as an actor, I thought it would be just a short-term experience. "But once I got into this field, I changed my mind," he says.

"I realized being an actor is not about just looking good, but something I can devote my life to."