Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Sung-ja.. please post your gist as well.. both yours and Janie's complement the article of BH really nicely! :wub:

Janie

0025.gif Sung-ja

It's obviously my hopeless panda-mode at fault.. always asking for the gist from everyone :sweatingbullets: .. but what could be more perfect.. sweet sharing that comes in twos.. or more! :w00t:

WOW.. lots to ramble about.. BH and marriage.. BH & IRIS... BH and marriage.. BH as an actor, more in 10 years.. BH and marriage.. oops.. did I mention it yet.. BH and marriage. :lol:

Guest Sung-ja e Seiko

Sung-ja.. please post your gist as well.. both yours and Janie's complement the article of BH really nicely! :wub:

Janie

0025.gif Sung-ja

It's obviously my hopeless panda-mode at fault.. always asking for the gist from everyone :sweatingbullets: .. but what could be more perfect.. sweet sharing that comes in twos.. or more! :w00t:

WOW.. lots to ramble about.. BH and marriage.. BH & IRIS... BH and marriage.. BH as an actor, more in 10 years.. BH and marriage.. oops.. did I mention it yet.. BH and marriage. :lol:

Thank you janie and rubie.

So sweet of you. :lol: So I will repost my rough translation.

If I have more time, I could be better but am so busy right now to make my schedule possible for visiting Seoul next week.

The Japanese version of the article was the digest.

Just a quick translation.

The interview was taken in Hungary on 25th.

He was asked what the secret to be a long-runner in the show-business industry was.

He said, "I have never intended to be a long-runner but I have been running through so fast, concentrating to my jobs so hard. The person who makes every effort to do his best for his job will always win the approval from people and will never be treated bad. I was so lucky. I am happy to be loved by people for long time. I want to keep running just like now even 10 years later too."

He mentioned something like " I just want to be an actor with the artisan split. "

(I cannot find the good word to translate, but like “ Once an actor, always an actor. ?)

He also said " I am not particularly interested in the issue of North-South Divide more than others, its story is more important for me rather than the subject when I choose the work."

(asked the question regarding the North-South Divide theme because both JSA and IRIS have the same subject)

And,,, Marriage issue again! Hahaha. :sweatingbullets:

" My family seems they already gave up long time ago and they don’t even worry about my marriage anymore. I will marry someday. "

The interviewer gave him the further question, " Are you confident yourself that you can marry whenever you want? "

" When I was younger, yes. But now, I am not. " he waved his hand with smiling.

He also mentioned about the fans, " My fans in each countries have different way to express their love so that it’s hard to know in which country I am popular most. "

The thing I am worried is that they had an accident when they were shooting the car-chase scene. BH injured his shoulder. :tears:

He said, " My shoulder is still numb. " and he touched his shoulder. :tears:

Hunnie, Fighting!

So our hunnie is coming back to Seoul soon, wonder if he has time to rest….

When he is so busy like now, maybe it is not so easy to marry but nothing makes it difficult for loving someone…..

^ That's the spirit of Byunghun fans! :wub: There's so much to learn about this amazing actor and awesome man.. we may not have much but we'll have the best sharing by complementing each other!

Will come back and ramble hopelessly about this sexy cookie! :P

June 28, 2009

The Good, the Bad and the Weird Korean Western

Joheunnom Nabbeunnom Isanghannom or The Good, The Bad, The Weird might be the best Korean Western I’ve seen so far. Actually it’s the first one I’ve seen but it does justice to the old cowboy movies, including The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

The Good. Woo-sung Jung (The Good), Byung-hun Lee (The Bad) and Kang-ho Song (The Weird) played their parts well. It also helps that the movie took place in picturesque Manchuria where each scene is breathtaking. The movie takes us to that particular place and time for the duration of the movie. Byung-hun Lee was extraordinary in this movie and I think that casting him as Storm Shadow for the upcoming G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra is a good choice.rbhcool.gif

badg1.jpg

The Bad. Don’t look for any plot in this one. Everyone’s after a map and when I say everyone that includes the Good, the Bad and the Weird along with opium dealers, thieves and the Japanese army. But it is still entertaining and action-filled as they chase for the map all over Manchuria.

The Weird. Despite the lack of plot, I enjoyed the movie. There were funny moments and the best one is when the three were in the spot where the treasure was supposed to be but they found nothing there. Just as The Good, The Bad, The Weird are killing each other, oil spurted and they don’t know what it was.

I expected the three of them die just like any other Korean action movie but then only Bad died. Good miraculously survived being shot by two expert gunslingers while Weird was wearing a steel plate to protect himself. The Good, The Bad, The Weird is the perfect movie to kill time.

Source: rebzombie.com

Uhh.. :huh: *rubie looks left, looks right*..

I hope Janie and Sung-ja will not chase me around with snowballs because I've posted their sweet sharing at the news blog. Both are truly heartwarming sharing that it'll be a waste & such pity not to share. Yupyup.. blurpanda here can be real redundant but seriously, anything about BH is never enough!

The cool gist credited fully to Janie-hunnie and Sungja-ssi. :wub: Hope it's ok that I've merged the translation so that we have the best of both.

To read at Byunghun of our Hearts

news1.gifLee Byung Hun, a respected actor for his constant strive for excellence & hardworking attitude [X]

By the by.. as it's going to be the month of July day after tomorrow.. another update to share.. our gifts to Byunghun-ssi is now on their way to Seoul. It may seem too early but we just don't know how long he'll be in Korea (although IRIS will resume filming as usual).. with the promos for GI Joe clearly going full-blast ahead.. hopefully Byunghun-ssi will be able to receive them at BH Ent.. and perhaps, likes them too.

Also.. everyone & anyone with birthday artwork for the blog, pleasepleaseplease don't hesitate to share. We'll definitely put them up at the blog's wishing section for BH. :blush:

ps: I'll ramble about BH tomorrow.. hopefully. As much as I wanted to.. this blurpanda isn't as energetic as our hardworking Hunnie. Much personal situation is pulling rubes back but appreciation and support for BH stays maximum & more.

*whisper* Shh... rubie, since no one is around, let's have a pint of Budapest beer and gossip about hunnie *whisper*

Janie.. I'll pass on the beer for something non-alcoholic but for Hunnie, let's gossip away. :P It's been like a long-standing secret code or silent rule amongst fans that we usually do not never talk about BH and his M(arriage) in one breath.. but lately.. is he changing.. are we changing? :huh:

Now.. not only the M word actually gets through the most strict barrier wall which every attempt before were greeted with the famous 'No Comment' one-liner.. this particular M gets quite a token of mention.. more and more personal each time the topic comes up.. like every now & then. dontknow.gif Uhh.. what gives.. Byunghun-ssi?

Is an impending marriage coming soon? Soon.. although not this year (hopefully not.. or everyone will flip & fall off their chairs).. but soon that can't come quick enough. Like Sung-ja wrote in her post.. BH is just too busy these days.. won't be easy to get married in the midst of his ongoing promos & filming.. but nothing makes it difficult to do when he's loving someone.

rubie rambles.. I think he's got the yellow light on for M.. and slowly cautioning everyone to be ready.. once it turns green.. because it will.

ITSUKA ~

The interview was taken in Hungary on 25th.

He was asked what the secret to be a long-runner in the show-business industry was.

He said, "I have never intended to be a long-runner but I have been running through so fast, concentrating to my jobs so hard. The person who makes every effort to do his best for his job will always win the approval from people and will never be treated bad. I was so lucky. I am happy to be loved by people for long time. I want to keep running just like now even 10 years later too."

I really like how this recent interview had brought this point up.. including getting quite the response on the forever-exclusive M-issue as well. :D

Byunghun-ssi really sums it up well.. stressing that working diligently, passionately and equally hard & being committed will always be appreciated, a positive factor no matter what. From what I've seen over the years.. even when he's getting more known and even busier with filming, BH has always remain approachable & professional to everyone.. which he's also always aware and acknowledging others at the same time. Even when he's gaining a more international exposure (that rightfully came from his distinctive work in Korea), his love & passion for Korean movies stays the same. I've observed how some actors tend to distance themselves from acting.. putting too much gap between work supposedly to find a suitable project.. script, etc but in the end, only moving themselves away from what they should be doing best that is acting. Why be an actor.. if you're not.. acting?

I like and appreciate how Byunghun-ssi, he may not expect to be in the showbusiness for so long yet he's obviously not slowing down and most importantly, never taking anything for granted.. those young'uns should be wary of this thespian. He would never stop giving his best, gaining true praises and respect from fans, peers & critics alike because he deserves it.. simply because he gives his utmost attention and commitment to what he does. To be an actor.

To be Lee Byung Hun, he may be considered one of the most veteran.. much older than majority of actors sprouting in Korea.. but he's so grounded and committed to his craft with self-perseverance that kept him in focus to be where he is now.. constantly successful, always dynamic and truly respected for his talent & work ethics. 10 years, 20 years.. bring it on!

Wonder if her Oppa is already back in Seoul?

June 30, 2009

Lotte World STAR AVENUE

Lee Eun Hee, bright smile and the beauty of the show!

1_L_1246347118.jpg

http://artsnews.media.paran.com/news/31335

2009063017070073382_170805_0.jpg

June 30, 2009

Lotte World opens 'Star Avenue'

200906300048.jpg

Taking a full step toward marketing Korea's most sought-after superstars among overseas fans, Lotte World opened yesterday "Star Avenue," a memorabilia hall that displays all things related to celebrities -- just not the stars themselves. "We believed that we needed something to appeal to the rising number of tourists to Gangnam (southern Seoul) region," said Choi Hong-hoon, public relations team chief for Lotte World.

The opening ceremony was attended by several of the featured stars and hundreds of their adoring fans.

The Avenue, located on the first underground floor near the South Gate of Lotte World, is divided into five different spaces. The "Star Showcase" corner exhibits costumes and accessories donated by the stars, along with a star magazine video featuring the latest celebrity news.

Nine stars are featured including Rain, Tong Vfang Xien Qi, Big Bang, Park Yong-ha, Song Seung-heon, Choi Ji-woo, Ji Sung and Kang Ji-hwan, along with Japanese celebrity Ikko. "Star Center", located at the center of the avenue accommodates a huge, 360 degree, high definition screen which features clips of the celebrities.

"Music Star" hall allows visitors to choose and listen to their favorite songs which they can burn in CD format to take as souvenirs. Fans can also send letters using a touch screen program.

"Drama Star" features recreated film sets of popular drama series such as Daejanggeum and East of Eden, where fans can pose next to life-size models of their favorite stars.

Hours of operation for the Avenue are from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. The entry fee is 10,000 won although anyone with a Lotte World Adventure "one-for-all" ticket will be able to enter free of charge.

Lotte World in Jamsil-dong of Songpa-gu, which is also home to a hotel, duty-free shop, department store and a musical theater, will celebrate its 20th anniversary on July 12.

When it first opened it was the world's largest indoor theme park. Since then, Lotte World has become a signature amusement destination not only for children, but for adults as well who had eagerly welcomed the opening of the adventure park.

To celebrate its 20th anniversary, Lotte World has organized a number of diverse and exciting events, including a "Lotty's Adventure Parade" featuring 200 brightly-lit, airborne actors and dancers. On the day of the actual anniversary there will be a special event where 20 couples (who are 20-years-old) will cut a 20-meter-high birthday cake. There will also be a musical, samulnori (Korean farmer's dance), as well as a lucky draw for overseas trips.

Lotte World and its adjacent Magic Island were the first Korean theme park in 1995 to open at night and, since then, have introduced many daring new rides such as the Gyro Drop (1998), Gyro Swing (2001) and the Atlantis ride (2003). Lotte World went through a major renovation in 2007. As a further expansion of the business, Lotte World plans to open a water park in Jangyu, South Gyeongsang Province in 2011 and will also participate in a comprehensive entertainment complex development in Shenyang, China.

By Lee Joo-hee (angiely@heraldm.com) via koreaherald.co.kr

More celebrity PHOTOS at kr.yahoo.com - image1 l image2

200906270storm.jpg

theearthtimeslogo.jpg

'G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra’ Advances on 7-Eleven® Stores

Posted : Tue, 30 Jun 2009 14:31:11 GMT

Author : 7-Eleven, Inc.

Category : Press Release

2009063016061095.jpggijoestrawshr.jpg

DALLAS - (Business Wire) 7-Eleven, Inc. reports for duty this July as it joins forces with Paramount Pictures to promote the Aug. 7 release of the new action movie, “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.”

At the center of the promotion, starting Wednesday, is a new G.I. JOE-themed true-blue Slurpee® flavor – Liquid Artillery, a summer fruit blend of strawberry, pineapple and lime flavors created by The Coca-Cola Company. Four 22-oz. collectible Slurpee cups with matching character straws feature G.I. JOE team members CONRAD DUKE HOWSER and SNAKE EYES, and COBRA members, BARONESS and STORM SHADOW. An online Slurpee Nation sweepstakes offers a grand-prize trip for two to attend the Los Angeles premiere of the movie.

Besides its frozen blue Slurpee drink, 7-Eleven has added a hot beverage tie-in with a ‘GO JOE’ Cappuccino, mocha-flavored with three natural energy ingredients – taurine, guarana and caffeine. One 12-ounce cup has as much caffeine as an 8-ounce energy drink. Refillable silver and black 16-ounce coffee mugs featuring the G.I. JOE logo also are available while supplies last.

“G.I. JOE is probably the best-known boy’s toy in the world,” said Jay Wilkins, 7-Eleven brand manager for cold beverages. “The movie has a ready-made audience of boys and men who played with G.I. JOE, and we want to bring back some of those great childhood memories by promoting ‘G. I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra’ with a great, new Slurpee drink, fun cups and straws.”

“This program brings the excitement of the new movie right inside 7-Eleven stores,” commented LeeAnne Stables, executive vice president of worldwide marketing partnerships at Paramount Pictures. “Fans will get an early taste of this big screen update of their favorite characters from this incredible action-packed ‘G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra’ film.”

In addition to the four plastic 3D cups, 7-Eleven has created two paper Slurpee cups with movie graphics along with Slurpee Nation reward codes that can be used to enter an online instant-win sweepstakes at www.slurpee.com.

Prizes awarded in the month-long sweepstakes include Xbox 360 Entertainment Systems, G.I. JOE Xbox 360 videogames, Xbox LIVE Gold subscriptions and one-year subscriptions to Symantec’s Norton Antivirus and spyware removal program. The sweepstakes for the trip to the Los Angeles movie premiere ends July 20.

Introduced in the United States by Hasbro in 1964, G.I. JOE celebrates its 45-year anniversary this year as the world’s first “action figure.” As enemies, military uniforms and gear changed, the toy line evolved over the years. “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra” is a live-action film adaptation based on the 1980s version of the franchise, which set up the conflict between G.I. JOE and COBRA and introduced audiences to characters, like SNAKE EYES, BARONESS and STORM SHADOW.

Directed by Stephen Sommers (“The Mummy”), the cast of “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra” includes Sienna Miller, Channing Tatum, Marlon Wayons and Dennis Quaid. Set 10 years in the future, the film shows the rise of the COBRA organization and focuses on the creation of an international force of operatives who use high-tech equipment to battle their enemies.

Besides the online sweepstakes and in-store signage, cups and collectibles, 7-Eleven will run radio advertising promoting the “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra” campaign in select markets. Assisting 7-Eleven in developing the partnerships and promotions for the G.I. JOE program is FreshWorks, 7-Eleven, Inc.’s advertising and marketing agency, which is a consortium of Omnicom companies.

About 7-Eleven, Inc.

7-Eleven, Inc. is the premier name and largest chain in the convenience retailing industry. Based in Dallas, Texas, 7-Eleven operates, franchises or licenses approximately 7,800 7-Eleven® stores in North America. Globally, 7-Eleven operates, franchises or licenses more than 36,200 stores in 15 countries. During 2008, 7-Eleven stores worldwide generated total sales of more than $53.7 billion. For 15 consecutive years 7-Eleven has been listed among Hispanic Magazine’s Hispanic Corporate Top 100 Companies that provide the most opportunities to Hispanics. 7-Eleven is franchising its stores in the U.S., and is expanding through organic growth, acquisitions, and its Business Conversion Program. Find out more online at www.7-Eleven.com.

About “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra”

Paramount Pictures and Spyglass Entertainment Present, In Association With Hasbro, A di Bonaventura Pictures Production of A Stephen Sommers Film: “G.I. JOE: The Rise of Cobra” starring Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Christopher Eccleston, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Byung Hun Lee, Sienna Miller, Rachel Nichols, Ray Park, Jonathan Pryce, Saïd Taghmaoui, Channing Tatum, Marlon Wayans and Dennis Quaid. The film is directed by Stephen Sommers. The story is by Michael B. Gordon and Stuart Beattie & Stephen Sommers. The screenplay is by Stuart Beattie and David Elliot & Paul Lovett. Based on Hasbro’s G.I. JOE® Characters. The film is produced by Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Brian Goldner and Bob Ducsay. The executive producers are Stephen Sommers, David Womark, Gary Barber, Roger Birnbaum and Erik Howsam. The director of photography is Mitchell Amundsen. The production designer is Ed Verreaux. The film editors are Bob Ducsay and Jim May. The costume designer is Ellen Mirojnick. The music is composed and conducted by Alan Silvestri. This film has not yet been rated.

About Hasbro

Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS) is a worldwide leader in children’s and family leisure time products and services with a rich portfolio of brands and entertainment properties that provides some of the highest quality and most recognizable play and recreational experiences in the world. As a brand-driven, consumer-focused global company, Hasbro brings to market a range of toys, games and licensed products, from traditional to high-tech and digital, under such powerful brand names as TRANSFORMERS, PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, CRANIUM and WIZARDS OF THE COAST. Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com. © 2009 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cg...302&lang=en

7-Eleven, Inc.

Margaret Chabris, 972-828-7285

margaret.chabris@7-11.com

Source: earthtimes.org

Accompanying the collectible cups are toy character straws with images of GI JOE team members Conrad Duke Howser and Snake Eyes, and COBRA members BARONESS and STORM SHADOW. (Photo: Business Wire)

Guest Janie Simply

rubie, I sent the above pic to a friend and she is not satisfied :sweatingbullets: and commented "How can we “enjoy” him when his face/body is all covered???

Hmm... (me thinking) isn't that piercing eyes intriguing enough <_<

Alright so starting tomorrow, it will be Hunnie's happy birthday month; see if I have time to think what greeting to post :)

^ Yupyup.. it's July 1st already :blush: .. still hoping & waiting for some birthday artwork/banners, etc to put up at the blog.. c'mon Byunghun girls.. there must be something to kickstart the birthday wishes.. please.gif

rubie, I sent the above pic to a friend and she is not satisfied :sweatingbullets: and commented "How can we “enjoy” him when his face/body is all covered???

Hmm... (me thinking) isn't that piercing eyes intriguing enough <_<

Huh! :huh: Don't be misled my dear Janie.. we can surely "enjoy" our Storm Shadow all the way & all over :lol: because he won't be 100% covered head to toe in The Rise of Cobra. Like, seriously.. we will see more than those intriguing piercing eyes as indicated in the latest trailer. :P

Not sure if you've seen or missed these goodies..

27179644.jpg

youtube2.jpg

More Storm Shadow at our EverythingLBH forum-cabinet ^^ [X]

Guest Janie Simply

Oh, hottie... so WHITE is the theme for snow white storm shadow; will check the trailer later checked :)

Anyway, my friend ain't satisfied with the cover up; poutingly said "No – I want to see everything – including the muscles!!"

Muscles... sure, I suggested she goes take a peep at "Rain" to see that "bloody" muscles & her TK B)

p.s. Aside from a few other actors, this buddy is pretty into LBH & TK & now KMM...

here's what she said of their acting... (sorry doing a bit of BV promo here :P )

" After watching Beethoven Virus – a strong drama, it will be a challenge to find a drama that will match it. Because BV has a lot of energy. KMM exudes strength and energy in his acting, it will certainly be difficult to find a drama that will satisfy. Examples of other actors with “energy” in their acting are: Lee Byung Hun and Takuya Kimura (for example, in PRIDE).

Oh really??? Chingu, wait till you watch IRIS drama..., that's what I fore-warned her ;)

That is so good to hear. :wub:

I know it doesn't make much sense but hearing BH in Seoul.. feels like he's much closer. Super-silly, huh! :P

Maybe he's taking a short break to recuperate (if he needed to) or continue with filming IRIS.. hope we'll see BH in any other events (premieres, weddings ^^) before he goes of to LA again. I'm not too sure if there'll be a birthday meet.. which won't be disclosed to others either way but sure hope we'll hear something too. :D

Everyone is missing Byunghun-ssi.. that's why it's so quiet.

'I Spy' :lol: Panda-policing

LEH and LBH has the same kind of bottled drink that they'd bring around. :D

290424_thirst_vip_07.jpg

Guest ellabel

Thanks Janie and Sung-ja for sharing the english trans of the article on BH.

Looks like he intends to stay in showbiz as long as he can... and rightfully so coz he still has a lot more to give in the industry that he loves. A consummate thespian, he has a long, long way to go. BH is still at the peak of his career and with the dedication, perseverance and innate talents that he have, many more wonderful opprotunities and great roles can be given to him.

The way I see it, BH is no longer pressured to get married. I think even his family agrees that it will come when the right girl comes along. ... a woman worth giving up a few projects or spending quiet time outside of showbiz. I'm not worried that BH is not going to get married coz he is a prized catch. I just hope he gets a wonderful wife who would complete him and gives him the family he aspires.

Wah! Great marketing strategy for G.I. Joe.... partnering with 7-11 is a great idea considering that the accessibility of 7-11 stores. Are the promos only available in the US only? I hope the prmo is international. I want to have those cups too and any Storm Shadow souvenirs.

I wonder if my maja chula can buy some for me. maja!!!! where are u?

CNN panda joins in the "Spy" game :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

check this out: http://www.siana.co.kr/en/index.asp

WAH!!! Well done, ylin! thumbup.gif Awesome sharing! I'm definitely wondering high & low about that blue bottle :lol: but just didn't know where to begin. Wonder if the Lee siblings are somehow 'connected' to Siana? Just a hopeless fan hopeless instinct.. thought I was the only one still so into such panda-policing.. :P

Guest ylin

Wonder if her Oppa is already back in Seoul?

June 30, 2009

Lotte World STAR AVENUE

Lee Eun Hee, bright smile and the beauty of the show!

4.jpg

BH oppa is one of the 9 stars featured in Star Ave.

Although he could not make it to the opening ceremony, he sent a representative :lol::lol::lol:

Guest ellabel

No wonder EH was there... BH is also one of the main attraction of Lotte's Star Avenue.

His counter is even in the middle.... fitting for the center of attraction like LBH.

Noticed that CJW and SSH's counters are side by side.

Thanks, ylin sis for all the pics and updates on BH.

Awesome update, ylin rbhcool.gif.. must say that it's actually rather weird not having LBH featured in the Star Avenue although he was never actively mentioned in the articles due to being away for IRIS recently.

LOL! Our suspicion in confirmed! He sure sent a very pretty representative on his behalf. :D Hope we'll have more pics highlighting BH's 'presence' at the Star Avenue. ^^

And.. now.. OFFICIALLY JULY 2009!

:w00t:

wave1.gifpanda1-1.gifwave1.gif

Please share your birthday greetings & warm wishes at the blog for Lee Byunghun-ssi on the celebration of his 39th birthday + worldwide screening of 'GI Joe:

The Rise of Cobra' and the much-anticipated IRIS plus many more.

OUR BYUNGHUN, CONGRATULATIONS!

Please click here --> hula_hula_girl.gifJULY12 Countdown

rolling.gif