Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

May 9, 2009

Lee Byung Hun! Takuya Kimura! Josh Harnett! Shawn Yue!

I COME WITH THE RAIN Trailer Arrives!

Posted by Todd Brown at 12:18pm

Something strange is happening with Tran Ahn Hung's I Come With The Rain. With its sterling international cast, compelling premise and a rumored original score by Radiohead, I Come With The Rain has been one of the most hotly anticipated titles on the international circuit for well over a year now. Common thinking was that the film was targeting Cannes for its big launch but - this being a ludicrously busy year with stacks of high profile films from major directors - it didn’t make the cut for the competition and, bizarrely, isn’t screening in the market, either, despite being complete. Normally this would mean that producers were targeting the one-two punch of Venice / Toronto but with I Come With The Rain scheduled for a June theatrical release in Japan it will no longer qualify for Venice, either, which means there’s no reason to hold back from the market. Odd.

Be that as it may, the upcoming Japanese release means a Japanese website and trailer, the first time any footage has been officially available from the film if you don’t count the stunning slaes reel that leaked a good while back.

Kline, an ex-cop in Los Angeles traumatized by slaying a serial killer, is hired by a powerful corporate boss to go to the Philippines and find mini cooperao, his missing son. Kline’s leads take him to Hong Kong. Torn between good and evil, caught in the crossfire between a mafia drug ring and the police, he tracks down mini cooperao, who has become a mysterious vagrant.

Hartnett plays Kline, Lee the killer, Yue the Hong Kong cop and Kimura the missing son.

Source: twitchfilm.net

Thanks to the cool highlight by ylin-hunnie ^^ Merci beaucoup!

youtube2.jpg

[iCWTR Japan] teaser up & running [X]

http://usera.ImageCave.com/rubhie/te5.jpg

^ This actor looks very familiar.. is he Korean or Japanese actor, anyone knows?

If not mistaken, he is HK actor Ricky Chan Po Yuen. He acted in HK drama Central Affair 2, and Media Corp The Rainbow Connection.

cast_ice.jpg

If not mistaken, he is HK actor Ricky Chan Po Yuen. He acted in HK drama Central Affair 2, and Media Corp The Rainbow Connection.

That's him! :w00t: Thanks Ching.. a HK actor, no wonder he looks really familiar and this blurrpanda forgot that ICWTR was filmed in Hong Kong :blush: .. so, obviously there will be other HK stars acting alongside Shawn Yue. Now I remember.. seeing the actor in various HK action movies.. I mean.. the police/crime type of movies. I think he played the bad guys quite a lot, too.. now with BH (big bad mafia boss) in ICWTR. :D

Really appreciate the response. ^^

Btw.. do correct me if any of the simple BH gists were misleading or inappropriate in any way. It's all done simply out of appreciation for Byunghun-ssi and the constant desperation for his news. But I really don't want to mislead anyone in case it's being quoted elsewhere.

Guest ylin

Hope we can confirm the real dates here :huh:.. seems that the premiere will be on the 27th of May while the release for public screenings on June 6th. Looks like Byunghun-ssi will be in Japan much sooner..

According to the chinese media, the boys - Takuya Kimura, BH and Josh Hartnett will be in Japan on 27th May for promotion together with the Director. They will be visiting Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya and Fukuoka during their promotional trip.

^ Hmm.... i thot BH is supposed to fly off to continue with IRIS ???

The next cog in the stereotype machine
May 13th, 2008 // by javabeans 

full_movieimage_16823.jpg
Thanks to Janice for image of Storm Shadow courtesy LatinoReview.com

Um. I know it’s hardly accurate to judge a movie based on a 30-second trailer, much less a few photo stills. But, erm, based on these stills of the upcoming action flick G.I. Joe... it looks kinda lame.

Which is too bad, since, as usual, Korean fans are excited about the inclusion of another big-name star (this time actor Lee Byung Heon) in a Hollywood production. And G.I. Joe does boast some well-known Hollywood names, starting with director Stephen Sommers (The Mummy, Van Helsing) and actors Dennis Quaid, Sienna Miller, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Jonathan Pryce, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, and Marlon Wayans. 

I was more optimistic about Lee’s chances being cast as Storm Shadow (a ninja assassin with dual loyalties to both Cobra Commander and G.I. Joe) than, say, Rain’s criticized performance in Speed Racer, because Lee Byung Heon has at least distinguished himself more as an actor than Rain. But Rain will get another chance to redeem himself, playing (sigh) a ninja assassin in the upcoming Wachowski brothers production of the same name. Yeah, I know Lee’s role was supposedly changed from Japanese to Korean, but that’s just something to appease the Koreans — to the rest of the world, a ninja is a ninja.

Well, fingers crossed for more successful Hollywood crossovers for Jeon Ji Hyun (Blood: The Last Vampire) as a vampire-hunting warrior and Jang Dong Gun (Laundry Warrior) as an “Asian warrior assassin.”

(Seriously, Hollywood? Are you running down the Asian Stereotype Checklist and all just happened to get stuck in the “warrior assassin” mode? What next? A slew of movies about nerdy Asian scientists who speak Kong-Ching-Japlish (hey, they all sound the same, right?) who decide to engage the world in a new Red Terror and revitalize communism with the help of their doll-faced, subservient women? While acing the SAT, running convenience stores and bemoaning their lesser-endowed sexy parts? ‘Cause… yeah, we are not impressed. And by “we” I mean “me,” but I’m pretty sure also “we.”)

Filming began in February in L.A., and G.I. Joe plans to release in Summer 2009.

Via Star News

For comments; please refer dramabeans.com

According to the chinese media, the boys - Takuya Kimura, BH and Josh Hartnett will be in Japan on 27th May for promotion together with the Director. They will be visiting Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya and Fukuoka during their promotional trip.

^ Hmm.... i thot BH is supposed to fly off to continue with IRIS ???

Thanks ylin for the clarification.. wow.. it's indeed much earlier than we thought and with more follow-up visits to other major cities as well.

Now I really have no idea what is happening with the IRIS filming.. seems that the production rested quite awhile since returning from Akita. There's been news that the script for the other location filming is still unfinished. :mellow: Don't know what is the schedule / status now.. :unsure:

Maybe IRIS will resume in June instead since the ICWTR premiere comes first.. maybe? :huh:

by the by.. :blush:

mailene.. you asked before (for your friend) about BH being in Cannes this year. I think it's pretty much confirmed that he won't be at the festival this time around as the movie ICWTR isn't listed in the final pick. Unfortunately.

Cynthia.. based on the Twitch report, ICWTR is not participating anywhere in the Cannes fest. Could there be some "unsettled dispute" somewhere (rubie's thinking only) that held back much of the movie's opportunities and chances before.

But let's not fret over that.. BH's ICWTR is finally being released in Japan, etc with quite the extensive promos, no less of a world premiere indeed. Will you be going to Tokyo, too?

This is too cute, that BAD hair! laughing.gif And the moustache!

The nom3bear interview featuring Park Changyi / Su Dongpo / Storm Shadow

and of course, it won't be complete without 'The Kiss of Ring' :lol:

Cool fan-sharing copied from GBW-daum.cafe 4147

nom3bear2.jpg

nom3bear3.jpg

Can't wait for tomorrow's IRIS press conference, hope there'll be tonnes of pics! ^^

Random but Related

poster_oops.gif

Anyone here really interested in being active partners of EverythingLBH / Byunghun of our Hearts? In any way possible - info, translations (Chinese-English / Japanese-English / Korean-English), ideas.. anything positive to make our sharing better & more effective for the English-speaking Byunghun fans.

I will give my all for as long as I could yet I cannot continue maintaining these sites alone.. in case something (hope not!) happens. Besides, due to lack of funds (blurpanda has no income).. the panda project for BH is now set for 2010 in order to save up adequately. Somehow the 3 birthday notices posted before have been ignored *dunno dontknow.gif why*.. perhaps there were too many words to read :sweatingbullets: but hopefully by then, next year.. we will still be around to make the idea materialize, huh. :blush: Don't you think each year we spent sharing EverythingLBH is a treat not found elsewhere.. I certainly do.

Anyway.. it's really sad for me (personally) seeing one of LBH's pioneering English fan-sites being abandoned / hijacked? or has it moved to a new site? :unsure: Anyone knows what happened to LBH.SG?

EVERYONE! :w00t: Please help post BH & IRIS pics at the press conference now! :w00t: There are so many pics of them!

My dino-pc could not have picked a better time to be soooooooooo slow!!! :wacko:

20090512140824871.jpg

^ Thanks ylin! That is awesome pics, our Byunghun-ssi is looking really good! :wub:

I don't know why.. it's so hard to connect smoothly with the Korean media pages. :tears: Please keep on posting MORE & mORE! :lol:

It's really cool & thoughtful to see that the organizing sponsor let BH speak to the fans outside the press conference venue.

^ Looking at the brighter side.. there is still hair, heh! :lol:

tn_1242108002_-834346905_0.jpg

^ Maybe it's just me & my shadow hush.gif .. but more than ever, the bracelet is getting more significant.. ;) Some people might look at rings, for instance..

Few pics with KTH, hope they both could have more chemistry when the IRIS airs :P . Maybe it's just me.

LBH should have a haircut :P

Sure hope they will have some credible chemistry going on to make IRIS more viable.. and I do believe that BH pays a lot of attention to his co-star's performance as well (looking at how he was giving tips to KTH on how to act - refer the Akita clip). Hopefully.. always hoping for the best and nothing less. But if there isn't any chemistry or improvement.. I'm cool with it, doesn't bother me as I'll watch & enjoy IRIS just as much. Been having similar situation with a current series I'm watching now.. so, it's really not hard to do. :P

Kim-hunnie.. no matter what we say.. Byunghun-ssi is not going to cut his hair.. it's always up to him.. the way he likes it. :lol:

We just love him with messy.. oops.. I mean SEXY hair and all.. ^^

There are still so many good pics from the IRIS press conference *rubes is getting all teary-eyed with happiness^^*

156864_1.jpg

156864_2.jpg

Source: news.nate.com

N2009051217161464001.jpg

Source: news.nate.com

Hope this is guessed correctly :blush: more help is needed!

After the success of ALL IN, expectation of acting in a drama is a pressure

6年ぶりカムバックのイ・ビョンホン、「『オールイン』成功後、ドラマ出演にプレッシャーが大きかった」

2009/05/12(Tue) 16:20

98671_l.jpg

ブロックバスター諜報アクションドラマ『{アイリス}』で、テレビドラマにカムバックする{イ・ビョンホン}が「『{オールイン}』の成功後、ドラマ出演に対するプレッシャーがあった」と打ち明けた。

イ・ビョンホンは12日午後2時ソウル九老駅ナインスアベニューで開かれたドラマ制作発表会で「『オールイン』以来、初めて行う作品だ。ひとまず『オールイン』が成功的に終わって、次の作品に対する期待が大きくて、プレッシャーにもなった」と話した。

引き続き彼は「ドラマは肉体的、精神的にハードな撮影になることを覚悟している。多くの方々の期待に背かないよう、一生懸命頑張りたい」とドラマ出演の感想を付け加えた。ドラマ『アイリス』は、南北イデオロギーの対立と葛藤の中で繰り広げられる情報戦を描くブロックバスタードラマだ。

イ・ビョンホンは同ドラマで、天才的な記憶力と果敢な判断力で国家安全局(NSS)の任務を1寸の誤差もなく処理する諜報要員キム・ヒョンジュン役を演じる。イ・ビョンホンは「スパイ物は若い時、男たちが一度ぐらいは関心を抱く内容だ。 特に南北分断という特殊な状況に置かれた韓国で作るスパイドラマが、どのように演出されるだろうかと思って、出演を決めた」と話した。

彼は「これから始まるこのドラマに、このように多くの関心を持って頂き、感謝している。こういうプレッシャー感を持って、最後まで良い作品を作るように頑張りたい」と意気込みを伝えた。イ・ビョンホン、{キム・テヒ}、{チョン・ジュノ}、{キム・スンウ}、{キム・ソヨン}、TOPらが出演するドラマ『アイリス』は、今年後半期KBSで放映される予定だ。

© Innolife & Digital YTN & Joynews24 & inews24 via contents.innolife.net

Guest kimchibabe

What can I say? There's always the drought before the rain..and when it rains it really pours!!!

So many beautiful close-ups of BH. Thanks Ylin for always sharing the best of him. The joy to the heart it brings. :rolleyes:

But then again he has that tired look in his eyes, I miss its sparkle. His hair....I wouldn't want it any other way. I love the tousled look. ;)