Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

April 21, 2009

Lee Byung-hun Meets Kimura Takuya in High-Profile Film 

Source: KBS Global

AKR20090416132900005_01_i.jpg

Two top stars from Korea and Japan have once again displayed their respective talents in the same movie. Lee Byung-hun and Kimura Takuya are appearing together for the second time--after their 2007 Japanese film “Hero”--in “I Come With The Rain.”

Directed by Vietnamese-French director Anh Hung Tran, whose works include “The Scent of Green Papaya” and “Cyclo,” the film is a multinational project starring Josh Hartnett and Elias Koteas in addition to Lee and Kimura.

The thriller centers around ex-Los Angeles cop Kline (Josh Hartnett) who travels to Hong Kong in search of the missing son (Kimura Takuya) of a Chinese billionaire. Lee plays a role of a mafia boss in Hong Kong.

With trailers released on April 18, it is scheduled to hit theaters in Japan on June 6. A large-scale premiere will be held in the island country, which all the stars will attend.

Rubie, the video of Hunnie attending the VIP premiere is in tat blog .... I am not able to dl the video now .... will try later.

Anyway, Hunnie appeared and disappeared quickly in the vod :D

I have managed to do one screen capture, just to ease your "thirst" :rolleyes:

movie.jpg

Btw, "The Wrestler" is a western movie :D. Don't think their GFs want to join them if they have one hahahah

Rubie, the video of Hunnie attending the VIP premiere is in tat blog .... I am not able to dl the video now .... will try later.

Anyway, Hunnie appeared and disappeared quickly in the vod :D

I have managed to do one screen capture, just to ease your "thirst" :rolleyes:

Awesome sharing, ylin! MWAH! :w00t: Yupyup.. very thirsty for Hunnie news! :blush: Hope there'll be the clip to watch later, too. :rolleyes:

How come Byunghun-ssi sitting like that :P .. as if he's quarrelling with Dir. Kim or he really doesn't want to be seen.. and interviewed.

No no no.. suddenly our dear Hunnie is one shy panda. :lol:

I have uploaded the file to 4shared (just realised the google no longer provide video upload service :()

Click on the link below to watch the video and pls don't blink your eyes :rolleyes:

http://www.4shared.com/file/101066450/b5bc4902/bottom.html

Awesome sharing, ylin! Downloading now! :w00t: Hope the link works for me as I'm using 2-in-1 to post.. my pc is getting very erratic by the minute! :sweatingbullets:

Wow! There's a website for BHNC already! :w00t: How fabulous (when BH Ent site is still on hold... ok.. ok.. me better not complain ^^).. will check it out as soon as the clip finished dl-ing. Hope it doesn't have too many flash features.. that would kill my streamings.. waaaaaa...

Speaking of the link .. I nearly fell off the chair when I read the file "BH as Wrestler".. LOL! .. something wrong with rubie's eyes :wacko: when it's actually BH@Wrestler.. phew!!! My blurr mind is working overtime :P .. I know someone who wouldn't mind "wrestling" with BH. laughing.gif Kekeke.. Ohh.. those precious timeless days.. sooooooooooooo missing Byunghun-ssi. :tears:

Please excuse this very looney panda... zooooooomz

ps: btw.. what's the media extension for the clip, ylin? Can it be played on Media Player? Oops.. I better wait till I finished downloading.. slowly reaching 40% :sweatingbullets: :blush: Yup.. google no longer allows clip upload. Sigh..

urr..... it's a flv file, can play on real player or gom ...

but i thot the link is a online streaming for you to watch ..... hmmm, lemme figure out how to do that.

urr..... it's a flv file, can play on real player or gom ...

but i thot the link is a online streaming for you to watch ..... hmmm, lemme figure out how to do that.

What.. :huh: .. not for downloading.. but I got the dl prompt.. uhh.. strange link. :mellow: But we'll see later if the clip actually works.. now still at 70%.. very slow leh.. it's been BIG SNAIL day and night for me.

By the by.. I think it's pretty confirmed that GBW will have its Japanese premiere on August 27. :D

Our Hunnie is one very busy man in 2009.. storm and all..

Edit to add! :w00t: Finally finished downloading and it works, too! :w00t:

Just had to add the .flv extension to the filename and voila! The clip can be viewed on Media Player classic.. too bad can't make any screencaps though.

But BH moments were just too little to see.. aigoo.. he walks so fast and wasn't interviewed at all. :huh: What a surprise though that he, Dir. Kim and SKH-ssi went to see a western movie (starring Mickey Rourke and Marisa Tomei).. lucky for us to be able to see the clip, huh.. huh..

ylin-hunnie.. must mention that I'm so glad the mixed-up with the link enables me to dl it instead.. because the streaming probably would not work till tomorrow. :sweatingbullets::P

I'll share your link & capture at Dir. Kim's thread and SKH, too. Merci beaucoup! :wub: Well done!

Oooooo.. I've just been to BHNC awhile ago.. :P .. that link shared by ylin (mwah!! our lovely hunnies always bring great BH treats ^^).. and had to get a snap of BH as well. :lol: Hope you don't mind ylin, just needed a capture to put at the blog update.. :blush:

Anyway.. I must say I'm intrigued seeing the whole layout at BH&C.. (btw, the fine prints at the bottom indicate BHNC as BH&C instead).. oops.. where was I? :blush: I'm quite surprised at the tagline used by BH&C for the website or label/company.. HAPPINESS AGAIN. Not BE HAPPY as always?

No.. no.. no.. not that it's not ok, and not criticizing anything either.. far from it.. never.. :sweatingbullets: .. but.. it got the blurr me thinking.. and somehow not seeing the connection between the two.. tagline and content.. bricks.gif

Maybe it's just me.. as always.. so, don't mind rubie :ph34r: .. still in extreme loonie mode, obviously..

White on a darkgreen background is simply intense.. love this image.. :wub:

bhnc1a.jpgbhnc1b.jpg

Anyway.. I must say I'm intrigued seeing the whole layout at BH&C.. (btw, the fine prints at the bottom indicate BHNC as BH&C instead).. oops.. where was I? :blush: I'm quite surprised at the tagline used by BH&C for the website or label/company.. HAPPINESS AGAIN. Not BE HAPPY as always?

No.. no.. no.. not that it's not ok, and not criticizing anything either.. far from it.. never.. :sweatingbullets: .. but.. it got the blurr me thinking.. and somehow not seeing the connection between the two.. tagline and content.. bricks.gif

Maybe it's just me.. as always.. so, don't mind rubie :ph34r: .. still in extreme loonie mode, obviously..

Dare to share what it 's in your mind, rubie? Maybe he had already found his true love :w00t: ?

Dare to share what it 's in your mind, rubie? Maybe he had already found his true love :w00t: ?

Yup.. the million-panda tricky question but something that's been playing on everyone's mind, quite obviously.. has he.. will he? Perhaps, it's best to say.. only he knows (considering his subtle yet spot-on hints).. what.. when.. who. :huh: rubes' thoughts are not important in this matter, as soon as he said it.. I'm all go. :lol:

Anyway.. today is the day.. is ICWTR going to Cannes or not at all.. ;)

Guest cynthia05

Yiup.. the million-panda tricky question but something that's been playing on everyone's mind, quite obviously.. has he.. will he? Perhaps, it's best to say.. only he knows (considering his subtle yet spot-on hints).. what.. when.. who. :huh: rubes' thoughts are not important in this matter, as soon as he said it.. I'm all go. :lol:

Anyway.. today is the day.. is ICWTR going to Cannes or not at all.. ;)

We will know tonight :). Crossing all our fingers.....if they do not make it to the list....maybe they will go the Marche Du Film to do some promos!

We will know tonight :). Crossing all our fingers.....if they do not make it to the list....maybe they will go the Marche Du Film to do some promos!

Tonight, huh.. the anticipation is getting for real now. :o Though not putting too much hope (after previous situation), still wishing for the best for all. But the Japanese premiere seems to be the creme of the crop.. nothing less than a world premiere if I may say so. ^^

I really wonder what BH is up to now.. no pics, no news, no messages :huh: .. they'd probably still filming IRIS(?) in the studios but there hasn't been any drama updates anywhere.. sometimes lately.. it's getting nerve-wrecking waiting what storm is coming to sweep us like he always does. :sweatingbullets:

BH&C looks like an independent company (from the fine prints).. it's not affiliated directly to BH Entertainment, at least not with the artiste management aspect but more for BH himself.. as in BH&C. The C is for 'company', I guess??

Thanks to the highlight by rose at lovelbh.com

v1559.jpg

Source: tbs.co.jp

Guest cynthia05

Oh No!!! ICTWR did not make it to the official selection list....SOB SOB :( . Just for interest, Park Chan Wook's "Thirst" is in the Competition list....so we will see SKH at Cannes.

Guest cynthia05

Tonight, huh.. the anticipation is getting for real now. :o Though not putting too much hope (after previous situation), still wishing for the best for all. But the Japanese premiere seems to be the creme of the crop.. nothing less than a world premiere if I may say so. ^^

Oh No!!! ICTWR did not make it to the Selection List :(:(:( . Out of interest, Park Chan Wook's Thirst got into the In-Competition Category.....so guess we will see SKH at Cannes again

Oh No!!! ICTWR did not make it to the Selection List :(:(:( . Out of interest, Park Chan Wook's Thirst got into the In-Competition Category.....so guess we will see SKH at Cannes again

Ohh.. it's alright.. kinda expecting it actually. The Cannes vibe just isn't as strong this year (for ICWTR) to begin with.. My sinking feeling became apparent because of the premiere in June seems (to me) eclipsing the Cannes appearance.. not that it would affect anything vice-versa.

PCW-SKH's Thirst had been a strong contender since the movie began filming last year. With PCW's reputation in Cannes, they have to have his movie in.. no matter what. :P It's actually not a surprise at all, not going would create a havoc instead. Looks like it will be Song Kang Ho's third Cannes Red Carpet appearance in a row this year. 2007 - Secret Sunshine, 2008 - GBW, 2009 - Thirst.

There's also Bong Joon Ho's new movie Mother, touted to make a Cannes appearance as well.

It's alright, Cynthia.. I'm consoling myself, too. :tears: Who knows there's more silver lining after this .. with Byunghun-ssi, we learn to take things as they are, slowly & patiently because there will surely be bigger & better reward for him. That's why we'd appreciate him more and more.

Were you.. btw.. already planning to go to Cannes in May? :unsure:

Guest cynthia05

Ohh.. it's alright.. kinda expecting it actually. The Cannes vibe just isn't as strong this year (for ICWTR) to begin with.. My sinking feeling became apparent because of the premiere in June seems (to me) eclipsing the Cannes appearance.. not that it would affect anything vice-versa.

PCW-SKH's Thirst had been a strong contender since the movie began filming last year. With PCW's reputation in Cannes, they have to have his movie in.. no matter what. :P It's actually not a surprise at all, not going would create a havoc instead. Looks like it will be Song Kang Ho's third Cannes Red Carpet appearance in a row this year. 2007 - Secret Sunshine, 2008 - GBW, 2009 - Thirst.

There's also Bong Joon Ho's new movie Mother, touted to make a Cannes appearance as well.

It's alright, Cynthia.. I'm consoling myself, too. :tears: Who knows there's more silver lining after this .. with Byunghun-ssi, we learn to take things as they are, slowly & patiently because there will surely be a bigger & better reward for him.

Were you.. btw.. already planning to go to Cannes in May? :unsure:

In reply to your question (and very observant of you) ....yes!! I will still be going anyway....who knows something good may come out of it at the Marche du Film!

^ Yupyup! That's the spirit! Go Cynthia, go Byunghun-ssi! :D Even if it's not in the screening list, A LOT of movies will be at the international Film Market, ICWTR would surely want to gather as many potential buyers as possible.

Not to bring any hope up again.. but I remember last year's Cannes.. they had last-minute entries to the list, it happened. Also 2008 had the biggest line-up for French production features.. could be why this year.. there're probably lesser French movies to balance things. Gosh! rubie is rambling, obviously. :lol:

Besides.. what comes after Cannes.. there are many more filmfests all around the world. :P *positive pandas*

ps: from Twitch / Variety.com, there's more in the list to come..

Cannes' Directors' Fortnight and Critics' Week will be announced tomorrow (Friday) in Paris.

How is everyone today? hug.gif Still feeling terrible? :huh: Well, I did.. but that's because of the forum headache++ :P Anyway.. hope we're all feeling better because today is a new day! :w00t:

All Byunghun-ssi's enthusiasts, we gotta seize the day like our Sunshine warming our hearts, he's the Storm to disperse all the troubles away. Hehee.. it's true, we wouldn't be here if not for BH.. right. ^^

We might be so small in number.. blurry in the faces.. silent in voice.. in this cute little corner but we adore & support our Hunnie just as much! :wub:

fightpanda.gif

butter10.gif a moment please

Speaking of birthday.. in about 3 months' time.. more or less.. :blush: .. I have a proposal for this year's gift to BH, it isn't like what we did before.. sending gifts/cards/ecards but something a bit different which most likely will mean a lot more in wider appreciation. I won't disclose it at the thread as we might go off-topic but if anyone is interested to join, please PM or email. As prelude, this 'panda-project' would need $ contribution (flexible amount) to get the the action going.. that's why I'm proposing it months in advance so that we will be able to make it a reality.. taking into consideration the number of those wanting to participate. The more fans at EverythingLBH joining, the better decision & the higher contribution it'll be. It will not be indivually named/credited unless the majority wants it to be.. but once & if finalized, the 'gift' will clearly be from EverythingLBH-soompi.com as BH have known us.

So, please respond. Or if there's any other idea for BH's birthday, please don't hesitate to share as well.. to be considered by everyone. It is after all.. for Byunghun-ssi.. :wub: .. and us..

Disclaimer: partly gisted, mostly guessed. Any info/correction will be much appreciated!

April 11, 2009

Lee Byung Hun - Kim Tae Hee, "Korean Wave in Turkey"

20090410-41.jpg

Credits: tadada@donga.com / news.nate.com

A new wave of South Korean stars will be in Istanbul with top stars. Lee Byung Hun and Kim Tae-hee, opening a Korean insight in the country with their filming of IRIS.

Starring in the upcoming blockbuster series, IRIS (Yang YunHo-Kim KyuTae-Taewon Ent. production), the filming of the much anticipated drama series will continue in Turkey, a first for Korean production in the European country.

IRIS will be filming approximately 10 days around at the end of May in Istanbul, Turkey with the Turkish Tourism board, including local authorities conducting close consultation and to be finalized soon. Some earlier scenes for the action drama will be filmed there.

Although Russia was supposed to be the next location after the IRIS filming in Akita, Japan, the foreign spot was changed recently to suit the schedule and script. South Korea's popular drama ' Jewel in the Palace' was very well-received in Turkey thus giving more interest to the production from Asia's new wave entertainment.

In particular, the IRIS Turkish location will serve as an exotic European background in the series for actors Kim Tae Hee, Lee Byung Hun, Kim Seung Woo, with a local star to create a familiar surrounding. According to the local official authorities, interest are high and suggestions have been discussed for the filming with shooting expected to receive more support," he said.

Once the series is completed, Turkey would be able to participate actively in the future as a filming base in Europe for wider overseas market, this strategy will be advantageous for the drama production as well as the host country.

IRIS cast -- Lee Byung Hun, Kim Tae Hee, Kim Seung Woo, Jeong Jun Ho, Kim So Yeon, including T.O.P of Big Bang are the main pillar for the story of love and betrayal of the NSA intelligence agents, filled with action sequences.

The 20-episode IRIS has started shooting in March in Japan, Akita. The production will continue the already scheduled filming in Turkey from middle of May to the end. KBS will broadcast the series in the second half of this year, September to be exact.

April 24, 2009

Korean Drama OST Concert to Be Staged in Japan

090424.jpg

The "Korean Wave Gala Concert 2009" will be held at the Tokyo International Forum on July 11.

The concert will feature Korean singers who took part in the original soundtracks of Korean dramas which have been popular in Japan. They include Ryu, who sang the theme song of “Winter Sonata,” Zero of “Beautiful Days,” July of “Stairway to Heaven,” and Hong Jong-myung of “Beautiful Lady” and “Happy Together” (starring Lee Byung-hun).

Actor Park Hae-jin, who appeared in “Famous Princesses” and "East of Eden," will attend as a special guest.

Source: KBS Global