Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

March 30, 2009

Do Not Go, Byunghun-ssi - teary farewell at Akita City Airport

병헌씨 가지마요" 日팬 눈물의 환송

Hankooki Sports News Korea on April 28 kiss@sportshankook.co.kr

On the 28th, after completing the KBS drama IRIS, Lee Byung Hun left Akita after a 3-week location filming since March 9. More than 400 fans bid their farewell to LBH upon his return to Seoul on Saturday.

Various Japanese Internet sites showed photos at the airport, with topic "More than 400 female fans came to see Lee". Lee Byung Hun arrived at the airport wearing sunglasses, a black cap, and comfortable clothing. The news also stated that he never stop smiling and waving to all. IRIS was filmed in the snow of Akita with such beautiful scenery" Fans cheered as LBH conveys his gratitude.. "thanks to the support of many, the shooting was completed safely," he said.

For now IRIS will continue filming in Korea, which after April the other overseas location filming will be resumed.

Source: news.hankooki.com

Thanks to the highlight by fhyip-lovelbh.com, BH-ssi in Akita (can anyone clarify the venue?) from original source 1, 2

bh1_akita.jpg

bh2_akita.jpg

Guest Sung-ja e Seiko

Thanks to the highlight by fhyip-lovelbh.com, BH-ssi in Akita (can anyone clarify the venue?) from original source 1, 2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/Hun...S/bh1_akita.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/Hun...S/bh2_akita.jpg

Hi rubie and all, :)

This place is called “Sato-Yosuke Urushigura Shiryoukan”, a famous Inaniwa-Udon restaurant in Yokote city where the shooting was taken on March 27 with KTH.

Inaniwa-Udon is the famous local noodle. I have heard that they had lunch there too.

http://www.sato-yoske.co.jp/yousin-an/index.htm

I visited Akita again to say good-bye to BH during weekend. :)

Although I could not see him on Friday night because I arrived at Tazawako very late after work from Tokyo, I could see him next morning at Hotel Ischia where IRIS team was staying. B):wub::wub::wub:

On Friday night, I went to Ischia around 9:30 but I was told by the producer to leave because BH was already at sleep after the good-bye and Tae Hee’s birthday party held at the restaurant of Ischia.

I happened to see Song Wanmo ssi there though.

http://ischia-hotel.jp/

On the departure day, I arrived at Ischia around 6:00 in the morning but more than 100 fans were already there and soon it became more than 300 fans. It was snowing and very chilly. There was no shake-hand time unfortunately. Our hunnie finally showed up around 10:30 after we saw KTH and KSY off, about the time, we were freezing to death but our hunnie waved his hand saying " Sayonara" from the black SV car wearing shades and a black cap. B):wub: He melted us in a second. :wub::wub:

Charles ssi was busy taking pictures of the departure scene.

I did not chase him to the airport because all taxies at Tazawako area was fully booked out by BH fans! :w00t:

Both of my two visits to Akita was very short so that I could not go around many places but I will share few photos and tidbits soon because the shooting in Akita was finished successfully in safe.

From Ischia blog,

The team was taking pictures in front of Ischia before departure on March 28.

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/ischia-hotel/e/5935e...702fccc931422d0

Shooting crew left this morning. The crew was working very hard from 4 to 24 everyday without any holiday during their 3-week stay.

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/ischia-hotel/d/20090330

Welcome back Sung-ja! :w00t: That is awesome sharing! :wub:

Did you manage to speak with Mr. Song or CP? :blush: I thought I saw CP in the badly-streaming departure clip (still no link for this) .. he's looking rather chubby and with longer hairstyle, right.. almost like Byunghun-ssi. :lol: Everyone in Akita was indeed very busy on Saturday.. including the taxi drivers. ^^ What a great sharing, Sung-ja.. Arigato!

iris_team.jpg

Thanks for the great links and info about the IRIS crew leaving today, especially.. that makes a lot of sense as there are obviously lots of equipments to pack and bring back with them. Hope everyone will get a few days' rest at home before resuming with the filming in Korea/elsewhere.

Looking forward for pics & your cool Akita experience. :rolleyes:

March 30, 2009

Lee Byung Hun Draws Crowds of Fans in Japan

bh4_akita.jpg

bh3_akita.jpg

^ CP filming Byunghun-ssi -- Captures from 47news.jp VOD ^^

Actor Lee Byung-hun has been visited by more than 2,000 Japanese fans nearly every day during his stay in Akita Prefecture, Japan to shoot his new drama "IRIS," his agency BH Entertainment said.

“We kept the shooting locations secret, so only some key staff knew about them. It was surprising how the Japanese fans found out where the shooting was taking place, and as many as approximately 2,500 fans came to a shooting site to see Lee every day,” the agency said. “The Akita Prefecture government had police and security guards stationed for emergencies, but no regrettable incidents happened.”

Since the Korean actor arrived on March 9, the Japanese prefecture has seen many of his fans pour into the area from all over the country, filling up all hotels and motels although it is the off season, according to the agency. “Some 300 fans were even waiting for Lee at the hotel where he was staying from morning until evening. Lee had to hold an impromptu hand-shaking session for them almost every evening when he returned to the hotel after shooting,” the agency said.

Lee returned home on Saturday to take part in local shooting here. A spy action drama with a budget of 20 billion won, "IRIS" has a notable cast including actresses Kim Tae-hee and Kim So-yeon and actors Kim Seung-woo and Jung Joon-ho.

Source: KBS Global

March 31, 2009

Which Korean Entertainer Will Become An American Star?

Source: complex.com

As prideful as Koreans are about their own country, they—like most non-European peoples—look to America as the ultimate barometer of pop-culture success. They might not f*** with U.S. cars, clothes or beef, but Koreans do respect the American entertainment industry. So, having already conquered China, Japan and SE Asia, Korean entertainers are now attempting to break the U.S. market. Starting with Rain’s role in last year’s Speed Racer and continuing on with the singer BoA’s U.S. debut this month, the Korean invasion of America has begun. 

The actress Kim Yun-jin of Lost was probably the first Korean native star to make a cultural impact in the U.S., but she’s a small part of a huge ensemble cast. The rest of these cross-continent hopefuls are feeling the true Korean immigrant experience: They leave home with everything and arrive here with nothing, working their way up from the bottom. It’s assimilate or die. But will they succeed? We’ve assessed the chances of five Korean entertainers who aspire to become U.S. stars…

20090331.02500102950234.02L.jpg

CROSSOVER POTENTIAL:

WHY HE WILL: He’s like the Leo DiCaprio of Korea, equally comfortable playing the love interest in chick flicks and the embattled tough guy in action movies. He is the man behind Storm Shadow in this summer’s G.I. Joe and also has a supporting role in the very weird-looking international thriller I Come With the Rain, starring Josh Hartnett.

WHY HE WON’T: We highly doubt Storm Shadow will take off his mask too much. Regardless, this dude is pushing 40 and is a real G across the entire continent of Asia. We don’t think he’s sweatin’ it too much…

ゴンドラ乗り場から降りてくる イ・ビョンホン

Thanks to the highlight by fhyip at lovelbh.com, captures from diary1, diary2. Our gratitude to the fan-sharing ^^

Byunghun-ssi after the cable-car or snow-gondola ride at the ski resort.

akita_cc_img2.jpg

akita_cc_img1.jpg

Recently Byunghun of our Hearts IRIS-Akita entries

Smooth and Safe crowd [X]

Akita in our hearts / Sung-ja's cool sharing [X]

An A+ for Akita / Female Fans flocked to see Lee Byung Hun return home / Akita blog update [X]

Thank You, Akita! / IRIS - Akita filming finishes [X]

Flowing for IRIS / Filming set filled with fans for IRIS [X]

Guest Sung-ja e Seiko

Hi Everyone,

My dreamy 3 weeks with BH in Akita was really hot.

I visited Akita only twice for short time but I felt as if I was in Akita with our Hunnie everyday.

Indeed Akita is far from Tokyo but I was so happy that the shooting was taken in Akita.

People in Akita were so warm and kind to everyone. I was so impressed and I could meet many new friends there. Our Byung-hun ssi made an important role to tie his fans and people in Akita.

I was impressed by the way BH made the great effort for the publicity representing the IRIS team.

I could not make myself on time for the last chance of the shake-hand time on Friday, I heard that he shook hand with more than 150 people one by one, face to face in heavy snow after he finished the all shootings in Akita. :rolleyes::tears:

First of all, I want everyone to know that there is a great person who loves Akita so much.

She is Madame Kyoko Sato, who is the owner lady of Hotel Ischia and she was the vice chair woman of the “ IRIS Akita shooting support committee “

This charming lady confessed me that she had never heard of the name of Korean actor LBH. :sweatingbullets:

But she offered one of her hotels to accommodate whole staff.

She told that she offered her financial aid for the future of Akita.

But soon she was attracted by LBH. :wub: She made a speech at the welcome reception held at Castle hotel on March 15, said how she was impressed by BH because what ever she or her hotel staff did for him, he never forget to say in Japanese “ Arigatou gozaimasu. (Thank you very much.)”, “Kansha simasu. (I appreciate.)’ and “Osore irimasu. (I am very sorry troubled you.)” Nowadays, even Japanese do not often use “ Osore irimasu”. This is really polite.

Okami-san (a landlady in Japanese) worked so hard to make all staff comfortable. When she found out that BH was on the wait control, she came up to Tokyo to find the good olive oil for him.

When she heard that 29th was Tae Hee ssi’s birthday, she came up to Tokyo again to prepare some gift for her.

This is one of the examples. So many people in Akita contributed all together for the shooting.

I met a Korean woman who came to Akita to marry offered her special made Kim chi from her restaurant for more than 60 staff. (BH visited her restaurant on Thursday Wednesday night and spent long time there. )

I myself was a member of the supporting committee too. There were some fans who criticized the committee and Akita before the shooting regarding the way they collected the budget. But I am proud of myself being a member of the committee to give the financial support.

What I could contribute was not too small for being just one of his fans, maybe, but it was such a small part for the whole project. I was lucky to be invited to the reception but there was no guarantee of BH’s appearance made in advance. But I was just happy to be a part of IRIS as his fan.

I was shocked when I learned that the person who criticized badly on the web site about Akita, she came to Akita to see BH just like everybody else anyway.

I wonder if this person realized that criticizing Akita could be a hindrance for the drama or giving too much pressure on our Hunnie other than acting.

Tazawako station

Akita052.jpg

Hotel Ischia BH`s room: Okami-san newly made private onsen bath tab on the balcony specially for BH

Akita045.jpgIMG_4665.jpg

On 14th the love scene was taken at the balcony and the room of Ischia

Akita041.jpg

Suzuran street in Akita city where the shooting was taken on 12th

Akita063.jpg

Chinese restaurant ICHIGEN at Suzuran street where IRIS team used for the changing and meal break

BH's autograph was desplayed with hand printing of Sumo wrestler when I visited on 14th

but now BH's one is desplayed separetely in a special frame I heard

Akita060.jpgAkita065.jpg

Another autograph and the olive oil that BH used for his green salad. He ate only salad at ICHIGEN.

Akita066.jpg

Reception at Castle Hotel in Akita city, BH ate almost everyhting up at the reception with some wine

IrisReseption8.jpg

014.jpg016.jpg

Let me continue later.

Wahhhhhhhhhhh! :w00t: rubie is so melting (excuse my phrasing ^^) reading Sung-ja's awesome sharing. Every line of experience shared is so heartwarming to read. :wub: :wub: :wub:

I am especially glad and more & more impressed by our Byunghun, he is indeed a wonderful and very respectful person to everyone. His effort certainly makes it an all win-win collaboration for both IRIS and Akita, that it's no wonder that everything went really well and smoothly. Good for you Sung-ja, getting to be in the supporting committee.. no contribution or support is too small if it's done with ardent hope and in utmost goodwill. I didn't know about Akita being criticized.. maybe someone was just envious that Akita was chosen as the Japanese location for IRIS.. yet the person can't help joining in as well.

The pics are simply fabulous, the description are just perfect. WOW! Was there a love scene already *but of course, LOL*.. and at the balcony.. :w00t: .. plus the lovers' room at Hotel Ischia, huh.. huh. :w00t:

Well done, Sung-ja.. excellent sharing.. and waiting for more! thumbup.gif

Guest Sung-ja e Seiko

Tsuruno-yu at Nyuto-Onsen where the shooting was taken on 16th with BH and TH.

The shooting last till very late at night, I assume BH took the hot spring there.

028.jpg020.jpgTsurunoyu13.jpg

This is where BH took a break for some sigarettes(Dunhill)

026.jpg024.jpg

Beer Restaurant ORAE where the meal scene was taken

046.jpg031.jpg038.jpg

The beers that BH drunk

Akita035-1.jpg045.jpg

Today's specialite: Sauted Salmon a la Lee Byung Hun: BH liked Salmon dish at Ischia too.

029.jpg034.jpg035.jpg

I will post more pics later.

Guest Janie Simply

I will post more pics later.

Wah, Akita people really spoiled BH-sis!

Arigatou gozaimasu to SJ; Really “Kansha simasu" you; I don't feel “Osore irimasu" 'cos I know you delight to share your odyssey with BH-ssi in Akita with us!

Ahh..., really want to soak in that tranquil hot-spring!

Guest Sung-ja e Seiko

Wah, Akita people really spoiled BH-sis!

Arigatou gozaimasu to SJ; Really “Kansha simasu" you; I don't feel “Osore irimasu" 'cos I know you delight to share your odyssey with BH-ssi in Akita with us!

Ahh..., really want to soak in that tranquil hot-spring!

janie,

Yes, you are right. Hehehe No needs to say “Osore irimasu.” :P

I think Byung-hun’s Japanese language skill has been improved a lot.

By the way, thank you for showing me how you share my post with Chinese fans at Baidu.

Elabel,

I love the idea of BH statue, it’s funny. hahahaha maybe next to Tatsuko statue? :lol::lol:

Awesome pics and cool sharing by Sung-ja.. rbhcool.gif

I just love the captures + caption sharing, simply a heartwarming experience in a pictorial diary format. :wub: Seeing Akita and the location spots IRIS was filmed makes it a memorable experience indeed.

We'll definitely remember these when IRIS finally airs.. Akita will certainly be beaming at the time. :D

Guest kimchibabe

^

Thank you Sung-ja, the pictures and captions enabled us to "experience" BH while in Akita. You captured every single memorable detail. It's a dreamlike place (although very cold) but seeing it just lets you float and be spellbound. He must have downed a lot of beers to keep the cold off. (I'm imagining him soaking in the hot baths after work...its a reward for him.)

Hope you can share some more... :rolleyes::)

Thanks to kdramafanusa's latest highlight, Dir. Park Chan Wook + Song Kang Ho's latest vampire flick 'Thirst' is starting its promos with the press conferecne today for which the movie will open nationwide on April 30th. Remember the 'scene' of Thirst (or Live Evil) that was sort of featured in PCW-LBH horror-thriller 'Three, Monster' 5 years ago.

It's clearly well-timing that IRIS in Akita had concluded their filming and Byunghun-ssi is now back in Seoul. The VIP premiere of Thirst would obviously be held one of these days. As good friend of Dir. Park, and best buddies of Song Kang Ho and Shin Ha Kyun (the JSA stars).. hope our BH would definitely not miss the premiere as he is a self-confessed big fan of PCW's movies. :rolleyes:

Sure hope we will see some captures and VODs of the 'Thirst' VIP premiere.. soon. Ohhhh.. peasepleaseplease.

butter10.gifBYUNGHUN'S FAMILY PHOTOS!

Thanks to the wonderful fan sharing at GBW-cafe.daum, rubie is just shaking with surprise.. in all my years as a Byunghun fan, I NEVER THOUGHT OF SEEING SUCH BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS! :wub: Suddenly.. out of the blue.. Byunghun-ssi.. the most recent photos, no less.

Must say that the all-white shirt group photo is just happiness!

It's Byunghun-ssi, Eunhee, their mother and grandmother with Charles Pak who's BH's maternal uncle. The other lady is CP's wife? or sister?

:excl: The latest --

As the original photos posted at GBW-cafe.daum have been withdrawn/deleted, we will do the same.

My apology for the inconvenience.

BYUNGHUN'S FAMILY PHOTOS!

Thanks to the wonderful fan sharing at GBW-cafe.daum, rubie is just shaking with surprise.. in all my years as a Byunghun fan, I NEVER THOUGHT OF SEEING SUCH BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS! :wub: Suddenly.. out of the blue.. Byunghun-ssi.. the most recent photos, no less.

WOW. :o:w00t:

...is all I can say.

Thanks for sharing, rubie!^^

WOW. :o:w00t:

...is all I can say.

Thanks for sharing, rubie!^^

WOW indeed! A surprise storm.. out of the blue.

Eunhee-ssi in her flowing dress is absolutely dreamy-looking, very gorgeous girl. :blush: Now we know can see that she actually got her look & features from their Omma.. and not the other way around as BH used to say. :P And her Byunghun-Oppa.. is the one taking after their Abeoji, obviously. :D

The only ones missing now.. are the lucky spouses for the Lee siblings. :rolleyes:

Wow.. and wowed again.