Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

March 22, 2016

[V Report Plus] Lee Byung-hun opens up about ‘Misconduct’

(Naver V)

Veteran actor Lee Byung-hun opened up about up-coming Hollywood movie “Misconduct” in an interview with V movie.

Lee referred to his role in the film as a “change” in the American movie industry, due to the fact that the characters he played did not require an Asian actor. In both “Terminator Genisys” and “G.I. Joe: RED 2,” Lee was able to take on the role regardless of his ethnicity.

He also commented on his experience having dinner with the cast of the “Misconduct” just before the filming started. 

“The actors were talking about their experiences while filming “The Godfather” and “Scarface.” I couldn’t believe that I was right there while it happened. It felt like a dream,” he added.

(Naver V)

Before ending the interview, he spent a few minutes introducing the movie.

“I am about to present to you a movie filled with amazing actors and their flawless acting skills. I hope the movie will be loved by many.”

By Kim Ji-young (christinekim@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 3

Published on March 19, 2016 by Meniscus Magazine

Highlights from the 10th Asian Film Awards - Macau

user posted imageLBH award speech at 14.05 time-mark

Kamsahamnida. Thank you very much

I wanted to be here tonight to celebrate all the great filmsand the film makers  Your work inspires me.

I have a lot of people to thank.

Thanks to the AFA, Showbox, my director Woo Min Ho, Jo Seung Woo, Baek Yoon Shik, and all the great actors in my film.

And the crew who put all their passion and efforts in this project.

And thanks to all my fans who always support me.

Lastly I would like to thank my wife and son at home for all the love and support through the good times and bad.

Thank you very much, Kamsahamnida.

20160317_71.jpg

• Like 3

So sorry for this late post, Meant to share it during the Hong Kong/AFA Macau updates. There have been a lot of pics plus various updates and many more still working to compile all. Thanks so much to @peonie for the translation, hope this is not too late. Looking forward to seeing you back at the thread, soon!

The highlight & brief translation by Barbara

March 16,  2016

Lee Byung Hun at the 'Inside Men' press conference in Hong Kong

Source:  tw.weibo.com

Lee Byung Hun attended the press conference of "Inside Men" in Hong Kong.  He looked extremely handsome in his suit. When he was interviewed, he said he has no high expectations for his nomination as best actor at tomorrow's Asian Film Awards. He further added that no actor would act for the sake of winning acting awards. 

6a165c19jw1f1z1oxuy95j20nq0zkgnh.jpg

Spoiler

6a165c19jw1f1z1oyjcr6j20nq0zkjuj.jpg

6a165c19jw1f1z1oyvctlj20nq0zktbo.jpg

6a165c19jw1f1z1oztjj0j20nq0zkac7.jpg

6a165c19jw1f1z1oyzc8tj20zk0nqmzr.jpg

• Like 3

The highlight & brief translation by Barbara

March 16,  2016

Lee Byung Hun hopes that Oscar will accommodate all races

Source: Ming Pao

At the Première of the "Inside Men" in Hong Kong, Lee Byung Hun spoke about Asians being made fun of at  the Oscar presentation ceremony. As one of the presenters, he said that United States itself has multi races, and should be able to accept actors of different races. "It would be best if everybody would accept each other."  He said he was not aware that Taiwan's Film Director Ang Lee and others protested to the Oscars regarding this matter.

At the Oscar presentation ceremony last month, Chris Rock, the MC made fun of Asian children and attracted huge criticism. 25 Asian members of the American Academy of the Performing Arts jointly sent a letter of protest  to the expressing displeasure. They included Ang Lee and actress Michelle Yeoh. The Oscar responded on March 15 and apologized.

Published on March 17, 2016 by Bastille Macau

• Like 3

Source: THE METROPLEX

20160421.jpg

Inside Men

Director: Woo Min-Ho

Cast: Lee Byung-Hun, Jo Seung-woo, Baek Yoon-sik

Duration: 130 mins

Release Date: 21/04/2016

Category: III

Language: Korean (Chinese & English Subtitles)

LEE Kang-hee, an editor at an influential conservative newspaper raises congressman JANG Pilwoo to the position of a leading candidate for President using the power of the press. Behind this, there was his secret deal with the paper’s biggest sponsor. AHN Sang-goo, a political henchman who supported LEE and JANG, gets his hand cut when he is caught pocketing the record of the sponsor’s slush fund. WOO Jang-hoon, an ambitious prosecutor, starts to investigate the relationship with JANG and the sponsor believing it is the only chance he can make it to the top. While getting down to the grass roots on the case, WOO meets AHN who has been deliberately planning his revenge. Now the war among the one blind for power, the one hell bent for vengeance and the one eager for success starts.

• Like 3

March 25, 2016

Who are the 2016 Korean Cinema 'Power Creator'

Source: Naver 1 l Naver 2 

Thanks to PlanetBH0712 for the highlight, EverythingLBH Google-translate

201603251538291456688_20160325153922_01_

Based on Max Movie DB accumulation and expert advice, the Korean movie magazine 'Max Movie' in the latest April issue have selected a list of 30 individuals/organizations as the power creators in the Korean film industry. A list of movie producers, directors, actors, agency CEOs and cinema-related sites have been chosen.

In no particular order (Google-translate)

Kang Woo Suk (Director)
Kim Woo Taek (NEW CEO)
Kim Jee Woon (Director)
Kim Hye Soo (actor)
Na Hong Jin (Director)
Hung (Trinity Entertainment CEO)
Netflix (streaming video services, production investment)
Ryoo Seung Bum (actor)
Ryoo Seung Wan (director)
Park Chan Wook (director, producer)
So Ji Sub (actor, 51K CEO)
Son Ye Jin (actor)
Song Kang Ho (actor)
Sim Jae Myeong (Myung films CEO)
Sang Ho Yeon (director)
idols pan (make Earth representative)
Won Dong Yeon (Realize Pictures CEO)
Yoo Jeong Hoon (Showbox representative)
Yoon Jong Bin (director, producer)
Yoon Je Kyoon (director, producer)
Yun Ha Rim (Tuesday aendam representative)
Lee Byung Hun (actor)
20th century Fox Korea (distribution, production, and investment)
Lee Yoo Jin (home studio representative)
Yi Tae Heon (Opus Pictures CEO)
Implementations (digital studio 2L representative)
Jang Tae Yoo (director) 
Choi Min Sik (actor)
Ha Jung Woo (actor) 
Hwang Jung Min (actor)

77219223.1_99_20160325181204.jpg?type=w5

9 Chungmuro Star Actors ★ Power Creators

Choi Min Sik

Kim Hye Soo

Lee Byung Hun

Ryu Seung Bum

So Ji Sub

Son Ye Jin

Song Kang Ho

Ha Jung Woo

Hwang Jung Min

• Like 3

Not sure the details of the clip but clearly about 'Misconduct' The movie opens tomorrow (3/30) in Korea. Might be wrong but doesn't seem like there's a VIP premiere/press screening as LBH is (still?) in Australia. 

Published on March 28, 2016 by Herald TV

• Like 3

Thank you @rubie for sharing  all the good news.   I am absolutely thrilled that Lee Byung Hun was awarded Best Actor by Asian Film Awards.  My belated congratulations!   I saw "Inside Men" on the plane.   He acted very well in an accent that I have heard him used for the first time.  He is such a good actor and added humorous scenes to a rather serious movie.  Looking forward to watching this movie again on the wide screen with other LBH Hong Kong fans next week.   

• Like 3

@peonie Welcome back, Barbarauser posted image

March 30, 2016

Lee Byung Hun's wife talks about her marriage scandal for the first time
In an era where celebrity divorces are all but surprising, it's nice to see the Korean star's loyalty and strength in her relationship

by Gwendolyn Ng for The Straits Times l Her World Plus

3003_kstar_embed.png
Image: Instagram

In the three years South Korean actress Lee Min Jung has been married to A-list actor husband Lee Byung Hun, their union has produced a one-year-old son, but it has also been hit by a blackmail scandal.

Two female entertainers - a model and a member of a now- defunct pop group - were charged last year with threatening to upload a video in which the actor made lewd remarks to them.

Lee Min Jung has kept mum about the controversy, but she alludes to it when sharing her secret to maintaining a loving marriage.

In an e-mail interview with The Straits Times, the 34-year-old says: "Every relationship has problems but you don't throw it away when it's not working. You fix it, just like how everyone used to fix their telephones and television sets. These days, people just throw them away and buy new ones."

She was promoting her new drama, Please Come Back, Mister. The fantasy comedy, which also stars singer-actor Rain, is about deceased souls inhabiting the bodies of other people to fulfil their unfinished business. It is airing in Singapore on Channel One.

Lee's marriage seems to be back on track. Talking about the joys of being a first-time parent, she says: "It's life-changing - our lifestyle, the places we dine at, the time we go to bed. People start talking to you about your child more than the beauty products you are using.

"I've always wanted to be fully ready to be a mum, but I realised no matter how much preparation you make, you will never be fully ready. I love it so far, it's beautiful to wake up to see my son. I don't remember the days when my life was without him."

She adds that her husband, who had starred in Hollywood action flicks Red 2 (2013) and G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra and its sequel (2009, 2013), helped out with the diaper- changing when she was busy shooting Please Come Back, Mister, her first drama after becoming a mother.

Another sign that their marriage has not suffered from the scandal came earlier this month, when Lee Byung Hun, 44, thanked his wife and son for "all the love and support through good times and bad" in his acceptance speech at the Asian Film Awards for Best Actor Award.

She admits that as a working mother, it is hard to be away from her son.

"Work-life balance is a goal that nobody really achieves. You can never stop thinking about something if it matters to you. I think of my son even when I am at work," she says.

When it comes to parenting, she says she is likely to be the bad cop. "We haven't talked this through yet, but I think I'll be the strict mum, although daddy looks fiercer. I'll answer you again when we get there."

Please Come Back, Mister airs on One (Singtel TV Channels 513 and 604, and StarHub TV Channels 124, 820 and 823) on Thursday and Friday.

• Like 4

Credit: GHJ Indonesian Fans ‏@gonghyojin_ina

#KongHyoJin #공효진 #SingleRider #LeeByungHun #GongHyoJin filming in Sydney 
cr : Vikichenx (as tag)

Single Rider filming scene of LBH and GHJ which he was following her. Fan-highlight at LBH DC Gallery

20160321_sydney4.jpg

20160321_sydney5.jpg

Spoiler

20160321_sydney6.jpg

20160321_sydney4z.jpg

cr : Vikichenx

• Like 4