Snsd Performs Dear Mom + Himnae + Gee At Mubank & Wins

Guest Soy

I just watch their MV yesterday ,I love it so much even I'm not their fan but to be honest they did a real good job, all of them look pretty and the song is pretty nice too i love it .

good luck SNSD ^_^ .

---

edit

I became a fan :lol:

YAY. :w00t:

i really hope that MuBank's stage will be perfect. which means = pro cameramen, awesome stage, awesome crowd and awesome cheers! :D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More than any other record-breaking, I just want them to have really good record sales. ;_; Online sales/ranks are fickle and who knows when WG come back they might also break any record set by Gee (it's an area which changes too fast, one second you're on top, the next you're playing second-fiddle. Not that I have any problem if WG gets the top spot, people deserve things they get)... but physical sales are a different thing. It doesn't happen so easily. SO HWAITING!

Album sales shouldn't be a problem, the girls are like veterans at selling albums ... Their first album sold for like 50,000 its first month and if the mini-album can do the same, it won't be hard for them to get 100,000 again by the end of the year ... for just a mini-album.

However the 1 million views on GomTv is extremely impressive as well for just a day.

12115931468_60700020.jpg

GomTV, withing one day, 1,000,000 views

So Nyuh Shi Dae's "Gee" has surpassed the Wonder Girls' "Nobody".

On the 9th on GomTV (www.gomtv.com), within one day of the release of So Nyuh Shi Dae's music video for "Gee", the number of visits was above 1,000,000 - setting a new record for GomTV's music channel service.

On the 7th GomTV set up a music channel for So Nyuh Shi Dae, and was the first to release the teaser video and music video for "Gee".

Viewers showed an explosive interest in So Nyuh Shi Dae by visiting over 1,000,000 times Within one day of the "Gee" video being released solely on GomTV. So Nyuh Shi Dae fans as well as normal GomTV users are showing a high amount of interest in the girls. This far exceeds the statistics of the Wonder Girls' "Nobody" which was released last September.

Gretech Media Co.'s Seo JungMin stated that, "this kind of interest where people view, watch, and respond online shows a new style of form of viewing music, and record of 1,000,000 views in 1 day set by So Nyuh Shi Dae's "Gee" is a record that will be hard to match on GomTV or any other music chart."

Meanwhile, on GomTV's So Nyuh Shi Dae channel, there are boards for each member of SNSD which have been updated with a communal function where fans can freely upload online pen letters. Also, there is currently an event where individuals who watch the music video and leave a response have a chance of winning a So Nyuh Shi Dae signed CD.

credit: aseo @ soshified forums

source: http://www.sosiz.net/board/zboard.php?id=data&no=14256

http://soshified.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12613

That's a hard record to beat 1 million views in a day...

Guest KuYA II

they did a great job on inkigayo performance.

They had a lot of energy in both songs, although, I enjoyed Gee much more. Maybe because this song has to be the most catchiest out of their songs. :sweatingbullets:

One thing I noticed most is Tiffany. I can tell that she improved a lot and she has a powerful stage presence.

Guest Lishathestain

they did a great job on inkigayo performance.

They had a lot of energy in both songs, although, I enjoyed Gee much more. Maybe because this song has to be the most catchiest out of their songs. :sweatingbullets:

One thing I noticed most is Tiffany. I can tell that she improved a lot and she has a powerful stage presence.

yes2. Fany improved a lot. She gained more control over her vocal & it doesn't sound as out of breath as last year's performances :P

also, have to agree, she has the stage presence.

and Yay for 1Million views in one friggin day! hahah :w00t:

edit__ i think this article is really nice & cute ^_^

206lr7kuk1.jpg

SNSD has returned. Nine member girl group SNSD has released their 2nd album Gee on the 7th. It is a mini album with five tracks on it, released nine months after their first album. They have gathered immense interest and anticipation, after their first album sold over 100,000 copies, confirming their status as a symbol of excellence in the music industry. Less than a day after its release, the title track Gee hit number one on all the online music charts. On the morning of the 9th, I met with the girls at their Kangnam SM Entertainment office, and although their faces may look young, their maturity showed during the interview, with Tiffany saying "We're so thankful that people like it and so we're even more careful and anxious" and Sooyoung added "We poured ourselves out for these five tracks on the album."

I asked them who they would want to listen to their mini album.

-Yuri: "To oppas and unnies tired and exhausted from work"

Gee is a bright and cheerful song. Today's market is not good and there are many people having hardships. The people going to work have alot of stress. I hope that this song can give them energy and strength

-Sunny: "To my sister, who is going to be a mother soon"

I am soon going to be an aunt. My sister, who is 15 years older than me, is going to give birth soon. My unnie still seems like a girl. I guess all women are like that. We may call them grandmother or ajumma (middle-aged lady), but in their hearts, they're all girls. As you listen to Gee, I think everyone becomes a girl in that moment.

-Jessica: "To my friends studying abroad that are lonely"

Most of my friends are all abroad studying. It's very lonely and difficult for them to be living apart from their parents at such a young age. There is a part in our second track called "Him Nae!" that says "Have strength! You've already come this far! This is nothing at all". I want to send that song to all my friends.

-Yoona: "To the college students that will be entering their first year with me"

I recently got accepted to Dongook University, and I'm excited and nervous. I guess all college freshmen feel like this? Our second album has alot of tracks dealing with starting a new love, but I think that feeling could also be similar to how it feels to start college as well.

-Seohyun: "To old couples wanting to find that feeling again"

They say that old couples lose their feelings after a long time. But, I believe that they always are wanting to have that excitement and nervousness. Even as you grow older, I don't think you ever want to lose something that precious. I want to give those couples our song as their background music.

-Hyoyeon: "I want to give it to overseas singers Chris Brown and Beyonce"

I just suddenly thought of those two singers. Maybe its because they're my favorite singers. Although they won't understand anything, I would be happy if they just thought to themselves "Oh there's really cute singers in Korea." If it comes out that they've heard our songs, I guess alot of attention would be gathered to us as well. Was that too selfish of me? hehe..

-Sooyoung: "To my mother who is always believing in me and watching over me"

As we were recording our third track "Dear Mom", all of the members cried so much. Every single one of the lyrics is our story. I think of this one line that says "Without a word, you watched over me from afar". I love you, mom.

-Taeyeon: "To people starting out on a new path"

As we were preparing for our album, all the members shared alot of stories with each other. I remember we said to each other "Let's not forget this heart as we start anew". There's probably alot of people that are preparing to do something new in this new year. We send you this song so we can all start strongly together.

-Tiffany: "I... just want to listen to it together with everyone''

A song becomes a song from the moment someone listens to it. Depending on your circumstance, the songs may have different meanings for you. Just as how us nine brought our voices together and made it, I want everyone who has love in their hearts to come together and listen to it with us. That is when our music truly begins.

credits to Donga and boxclub@soshified.com/forums

Guest baby-swts

Holy fudgicles :o

it beat wg's Nobody? awesomeness haha in yo faces :):D

congrats snsd <333

they really are setting records arent they B)

Guest system_chaos

The GOMTV record IS impressive, but I think it'll be easily duplicated. Of course when WG come back they'll step up their activities and whether people like it or not there WILL be fierce competition and record-breaking here and there in online charts.

SNSD does REALLY well compared to other girl groups in terms of offline sales, but I'm a greedy fan who wants more for them. Even if it's just for a mini-album release. :'D I want more than 100K.

So while I do appreciate online accolades, I prefer offline ones. It's harder to accomplish imo.

^^ Yeah I like offline sales too but if the girls can do both I would be more happy because their lack of digital downloads was why they didn't win as many awards as they should have for the music charts ... but it looks they're on their way to having the best of both worlds ^^

Guest JessNoYouAre

I must say, before Gee I was kinda...eh about SNSD. But the song is so catchy and they all look so cute in the MV. I wish them the best!

Guest system_chaos

I look at things with the perspective of a TVXQ fan, that's why. xD They do decent with online, but there is just too much competition for anyone to dominate. But they pwn everyone hard in offline. I kinda want SNSD to be like that, since they are my favorite girl group and all.

So instead of competing for the top spot in online with lots of other groups, I would want to get top spot offline, something that they would really dominate in. 8D Something that would be undeniably theirs. 8D Getting recognition from both is really cool, but it kinda splits the impact of success, idk. :| It's a personal preference, but I like it more when you do good in one, and absolutely do SMASHING in another. ;) I think it's kinda impossible for artists nowadays to do smashing in both aspects of the Kpop market.

Guest miki_chan

The Inkigayo performance was so HOT. omfg, major spazzing.

The Himnae performance and what they were wearing was GORGEOUS.

seohyun really rocked the leather jacket look, and jessica in that dress was gorgeous.

Gee performance totally rocked, it was so awesome. everything was so cool. :]

I look at things with the perspective of a TVXQ fan, that's why. xD They do decent with online, but there is just too much competition for anyone to dominate. But they pwn everyone hard in offline. I kinda want SNSD to be like that, since they are my favorite girl group and all.

So instead of competing for the top spot in online with lots of other groups, I would want to get top spot offline, something that they would really dominate in. 8D Something that would be undeniably theirs. 8D Getting recognition from both is really cool, but it kinda splits the impact of success, idk. :| It's a personal preference, but I like it more when you do good in one, and absolutely do SMASHING in another. ;) I think it's kinda impossible for artists nowadays to do smashing in both aspects of the Kpop market.

dont worry dear we could only hope the best for the gals^^

and their total sales for 7days now according to hanteo : 24,059

im sure they will increase in a short time and hit 25k for the 1st week

last year the HIGHEST for female singer/group 1st week sales was : 16,000+

Guest system_chaos

^That's awesome news. :'D I think people who disliked the girls thought they wouldn't be able to sell anymore with all that has happened, but I'm glad that SNSD is proving them wrong. :D I hope the figures rise steadily for a long time. :)

Guest zahieyjunki

their album is gettin more & more buyers!!!

hope it will reach 50k next week though its only mini album!!

but 25k in just 5 days!!!

way too impressive haha~

the mucore & inki performance so hot & cute!!

but i loved inki performance better!!!

and for their 2nd single, i was hoping it was dear mom or lets talk about love!!~

yep i think by now i'm sure they already hit 25k

since some from OL sales not being counted yet if i'm not wrong

but who bought the cd mostly are snsd fans so with big stars around or not their sales i believe will still as big as that

proven that they're in Top 10 best selling artist for last year no? with many big artists round, their album still selling

(i think they're the only girlgroup in top 10 but idk maybe i'm wrong) and now seems like they also doing quite well on digital sales ^_^

ow just like the news said this year BEGAN with snsd and End with SNSD so i believe the gals will release 2nd album round September-November maybe since it's just a waste to release on December, not to mention they will do International promotion and (mini) Concerts too

^ I think we're all hoping for the 09/09/09 date hahaha

I think it's hard in general for girl groups to do smashing in offline sales. 100,000 is considered like ground breaking for female idol groups in this current economic state. It's interesting because I think not only did fans by the the mini-album but they also decided to purchase their first album, I think there was an increase of almost 2,000 of their first album sold this week. I think digital sales are kind of important especially how the market is shaping, although I have to agree that I would love their first priority to be album sales, it would help if they could be strong in both .... which is wishful. What I'm waiting for are the MIAK sales, since the ones from Haneto don't include the Yesasia sales and a bunch of other sales, MIAK is usually more exact, Hanteo is more of an estimate.

Guest system_chaos

MIAK will probably take forever and a day. I don't think the October numbers are out yet. :/ Are they? We still don't even know how much MIROTIC really did sell up to now.

Yeah, girl groups don't do well with offline sales, that's why it's the one I want SNSD to prove themselves in. WG has proved time and time again that girls can dominate online charts. Instead of SNSD trying to break THAT record, I want them to break the offline record, and let people know that THEY are one girl group with an album people think are worth buying, not just digitally, but the whole album itself as a CD+package. 8D Such is my ambition. Of course I don't want them to have poor online sales, but it's just that I'd rather have them breaking records in offline rather than online sales. Because the online records wouldn't probably last for too long. And even if the industry is changing, people will still put more weight on offline sales, still looks more prestigious. Perhaps my opinion of it will change when online and offline have a more even footing in terms of the public's perspective... but I doubt it'll happen so soon.

Guest ningmeng

MIAK will probably take forever and a day. I don't think the October numbers are out yet. :/ Are they? We still don't even know how much MIROTIC really did sell up to now.

Yeah, girl groups don't do well with offline sales, that's why it's the one I want SNSD to prove themselves in. WG has proved time and time again that girls can dominate online charts. Instead of SNSD trying to break THAT record, I want them to break the offline record, and let people know that THEY are one girl group with an album people think are worth buying, not just digitally, but the whole album itself as a CD+package. 8D Such is my ambition. Of course I don't want them to have poor online sales, but it's just that I'd rather have them breaking records in offline rather than online sales. Because the online records wouldn't probably last for too long. And even if the industry is changing, people will still put more weight on offline sales, still looks more prestigious. Perhaps my opinion of it will change when online and offline have a more even footing in terms of the public's perspective... but I doubt it'll happen so soon.

(:

online charts = one song

album = all the songs

at least that what i think.

and oh. i guess by the time MIAK updates the numbers.

the girls will stop promoting the first mini album and get ready for the second album alr.

thats how slow hey are.

kekeke dont worry guys S♥ne wont let the gals down coz they will buy snsd's album no matter what^^

i hope MIAK will update the sales too coz i'm sure Gee album already sold like so many by now since many fans from outside korea also buying the album >.<

new pic

2e4lnjn.jpg

Guest pattxoxo

love the new pic !

i love Tiffany's new hair..

it make her look fresher..

and i love Sooyoung too..

she's very lean and tall..

either way, i love SNSD..

hehe :)

Guest massive toene

i just watched the "gee" video...

...and i didn´t like it, the song and the whole video.

i think it is too bubble gum...only listend by pre-teens!

sorry to say that, it is just my first impression...

wondergirls are better!;)

Archived