Jo In Sung | Zo In Sung 조인성 / Drama 2023: Moving 무빙

gm4queen

THROWBACK: When Jo In Sung opened up about his film Escape from Mogadishu & his friendship with EXO’s D.O.

spacer.png

THROWBACK: When Jo In Sung opened up about his film Escape from Mogadishu & his friendship with EXO’s D.O.

We are looking back at July 2021, when actor Jo In Sung was promoting his film Escape from Mogadishu and opened up to Naver about the movie, his friendship with EXO’s D.O. and much more. If you didn't know, the film is set in 1991 and is based on true events which follow a group of Korean embassy employees on their escape from Mogadishu during the Somali Civil War. Talking about the release of the film in the midst of the COVID pandemic in 2021, the actor said: “It’s a situation in which I’m grateful for everything. The public looked forward to it and chose to watch it despite the tough situation with COVID-19. I’m just so glad. I’m thankful that everything is going smoothly.”

Marking his first movie after turning 40, the actor also opened up about his age and said: “Starting with this film, I hope to be back with more diverse pieces. Not only through films, but also through dramas and variety shows. I hope to increase the opportunities I have to more freely communicate with you all.”

Talking about his lack of social media presence, despite the overwhelming fan love, he explained, “It’s not that I don’t do Instagram, it’s that I can’t do it. I’m scared of mistyping something or making a grammatical mistake. Signing up is a challenge too. When it comes to this, I think there’s something analog about me in that sense.”

Talking about his former co-star EXO‘s D.O. (Do Kyung Soo), who he worked with in the drama It’s Okay, That’s Love, Jo In Sung said, “I listened to Kyung Soo’s single. He’s already doing so well, so I don’t have much else to say. He’s completed his military service and released an album. I think he’s become more laid back now. I’m excited to see what’s ahead of him as he goes on to more music and acting activities.”

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/throwback-when-jo-sung-opened-about-his-film-escape-mogadishu-his-friendship-exo-s-do-999313

[Official] Cha Taehyun X Jo Insung's Second Season Starts...Premieres on February 17th.

spacer.png

tvN's "Unexpected Business," which received much love last year, will finally return for season 2 on February 17. Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung, who somehow became bosses at a rural store, gave viewers a warm smile every episode.

Although clumsy, the two novice owners, who grew up interacting and sharing affection with their neighbors, operated a supermarket during the day and a beer bar in the evening, and communicated warmly with their neighbors. The small happiness of their daily lives led to fun and emotion. The warm and pleasant stories of "real" part-timers who helped the novice owners and local residents who knew the supermarket better than the owner captivated viewers.

The final episode of Season 1 also recorded an average of 7.2% and a maximum of 9.7% based on households in the Seoul metropolitan area (based on Nielsen Korea-provided/paid platform), making it the first place in all channels at the same time.

Above all, Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung's humanity-filled charm was the secret of their indispensable popularity. Requests for Season 2 poured out as it was well-received for its healing entertainment that fills the home theater with the warmth of people. "Unexpected Business 2" returns with everyone's expectations, with the released first teaser on the 19th.

Cha Taehyun and Jo Inseong, who became owners again, said, "In Seong, how did we end up..."", "Hey, how did we end up..."He carefully opens the door of a new rural supermarket with half excitement and half worry. Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung, who entered proudly with their collars firmly tilted, and the two novice owners with their signature red and green aprons, can be seen

with laughter and extraordinary determination.

Expectations are high on what story will be written on the return of Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung, who entered the supermarket vigorously.

https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202201200100127260007873&servicedate=20220120

1 hour ago, syntyche said:

[Official] Cha Taehyun X Jo Insung's Second Season Starts...Premieres on February 17th.

tvN's "Unexpected Business," which received much love last year, will finally return for season 2 on February 17. Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung, who somehow became bosses at a rural store, gave viewers a warm smile every episode.

Although clumsy, the two novice owners, who grew up interacting and sharing affection with their neighbors, operated a supermarket during the day and a beer bar in the evening, and communicated warmly with their neighbors. The small happiness of their daily lives led to fun and emotion. The warm and pleasant stories of "real" part-timers who helped the novice owners and local residents who knew the supermarket better than the owner captivated viewers.

The final episode of Season 1 also recorded an average of 7.2% and a maximum of 9.7% based on households in the Seoul metropolitan area (based on Nielsen Korea-provided/paid platform), making it the first place in all channels at the same time.

Above all, Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung's humanity-filled charm was the secret of their indispensable popularity. Requests for Season 2 poured out as it was well-received for its healing entertainment that fills the home theater with the warmth of people. "Unexpected Business 2" returns with everyone's expectations, with the released first teaser on the 19th.

Cha Taehyun and Jo Inseong, who became owners again, said, "In Seong, how did we end up..."", "Hey, how did we end up..."He carefully opens the door of a new rural supermarket with half excitement and half worry. Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung, who entered proudly with their collars firmly tilted, and the two novice owners with their signature red and green aprons, can be seen

Expectations are high on what story will be written on the return of Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung, who entered the supermarket vigorously.

https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202201200100127260007873&servicedate=20220120

@syntyche thanks for sharing this. The first teaser has been released for this show. I'm glad that this new season will have the same cast and crew as the first season. The teaser starts off with both of them entering a supermarket.

:shaq:

video source : soompi news

2022012001001272600078731_20220120102404

photo source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=076&aid=0003824103

• Awesome 1

Moving, starring Jo In Seong, Han Hyo Joo, Ryu Seung Ryong, Lee Jung Ha, Ko Yoon Jung, Kim Do Hoon, will be released on Disney+ in the second half of the year.

The "Moving" production team has been divided into two, which are currently filming simultaneously. As of early January, about half of the filming has been carried out. 

spacer.png

http://www.cine21.com/news/view/?mag_id=99512&utm_source=naver&utm_medium=news

On 1/20/2022 at 12:47 PM, syntyche said:

@syntyche thanks for sharing this. Seolhyun is reportedly be reuniting with JIS in this show. I read that she will be making a guest appearance on the show. Didn't they work together in the movie 'The Great Battle'? Can't wait for the first episode of 'Unexpected Business 2' on February 17. Looking forward to their reunion!   :twerk2:

• Like 1

*** I'm glad that the variety show "Unexpected Business" will be returning to delight fans with a season 2 very soon. The 2-hosts received a lot of love last year from viewers. As far as I remember based on the report provided by Nielsen Korea last year, the final episode of the show recorded an average rating of 9.7% (please correct me here if I'm wrong-) ranking first on all channels at the same time. It won't have this season 2 if it was not well-received by viewers. I like the 1st teaser released recently showing them entered a supermarket with their aprons.  :Megalol:

• Like 1

@willenette, Seolhyun did work with JIS on The Great Battle. Looking forward to her guesting on the show's season 2! The first season indeed ranked first on its timeslot, and I'm glad that the producers listened to the clamor for a second season.

Seolhyun to reunite with her former co-star Jo In Sung on tvN's 'Unexpected Business 2'

spacer.png

Singer/actress Seolhyun will reportedly reunite with actor Jo In Sung on tvN's 'Unexpected Business 2'.

According to one exclusive media outlet on January 21, Seolhyun will be making a guest appearance on the tvN variety show 'Unexpected Business 2'. Here, she will be reuniting with actor Jo In Sung, after working together in the film 'The Great Battle'.

'Unexpected Business' is a variety program where actors and good friends Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung, two men from the city, run a business in a rural town. Here, they invite their celebrity friends as part-time workers in order to get help running their supermarket. Seolhyun has previously starred in the film 'The Great Battle' with Jo In Sung, and many look forward to seeing what their interaction will be like outside the screen.

The first episode of 'Unexpected Business 2' will be broadcast on February 17 KST.

Carolyn Talks ‘Escape From Mogadishu’ with Director Ryoo Seung-wan

spacer.png

In this episode of Carolyn Talk…, I speak with award-winning director Ryoo Sung-Wan about his 2021 film Escape from Mogadishu, and intense action drama about the harrowing escape of South and North Korean diplomats from the city of Mogadishu at the beginning of the Somalian civil war in 1991.

Co-written with Lee Ki-cheol Escape from Mogadishu is based on the book “Escape’ by Kang Shin-sung, who was a diplomat for the South Korean Ambassador to Somalia at the time, and was there during the actual escape. The film stars veteran Korean performers such as Zo In-sung, Kim Yoon-seok, Heo Joon-ho, Park Kyung-hye, and Park Myung-shin as the diplomats, and their family members.

Though there is plenty of action in the film, Ryoo Seung-wan handles the story in such a way that it’s the characters, the people – Korean and Somalian that are the main interest. In the film the two groups of representatives from the two sides of Korea, come to an uneasy alliance as they’re forced to take shelter together. But as they spend more time together, they realize there are more similarities between them as a people, than there are differences.

During our discussion director Ryoo Seung-wan and I spoke about the ways his film shows  the devastating impact war has on children by depicting the trauma inflicted on the children of Somalia by the violence around them. It’s children who suffer the most as they’re caught in the middle of a volatile situation they had no hand in creating, and live with the lifelong effects. We also spoke about him creating specific interactions between the Korean characters as a familial settings, serving as an allegory of how the two sides of Korea were before the separation into North and South, and a vision of what they could be with reunification.

Director Ryoo Seung-wan has enjoyed great success with the films since it’s release at multiple festival screenings including the New York Asian Film Festival where I saw it, and Fantasia Fest. To date he as won multiple awards including the 2021 Blue Dragon Film Award for Best Director, Best Film, and Best Supporting Actor for Heo Joon-ho, and was an official submission for the 2022 Academy Awards.

Thank you to interpreter Sharon Choi who joined us for the interview.

Escape from Mogadishu was released on Blu-ray by Well Go USA, January 18th, 2022.

https://butwhythopodcast.com/2022/01/22/carolyn-talks-escape-from-mogadishu-with-director-ryoo-seung-wan/

• Love 1

spacer.png

Unexpected Business 2 poster revealed! Premieres Feb 17

Cha Taehyun X Jo Insung "Unexpected Business 2" Poster release. 

Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung of tvN's "Unexpected Business 2" wore aprons again.

tvN's "Unexpected Business 2 (Director Ryu Ho-jin, Yoon In-hoe)," which will premiere on February 17 (Thurs.), will feature the second rural super business log of urban men Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung.

http://www.heraldpop.com/view.php?ud=202201271321041704881_1&a=99

Watch: Jo In Sung And Cha Tae Hyun Are Ready To Get Back To Work In “Unexpected Business 2” Teaser

The first teaser has been released for the second season of tvN’s variety show “Unexpected Business”!

“Unexpected Business” was a variety show starring Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung as two city men who run a small supermarket in a countryside town. They shared quiet but happy memories with the residents of the local village and invited their celebrity friends to work as part-timers in the supermarket.

The new season will have the same cast and crew as the first season, including Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung. The new season will take place in a new location and share heartwarming winter stories.

The teaser starts off with Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung entering a market. Cha Tae Hyun says, “Gosh, In Sung. How did we end up [in this situation]?” Jo In Sung can’t help but laugh as he replies, “Hyung, how did we seriously end up [like this]?” They make a grand entrance with hip hop music in the background, and at the same time, they whip open their winter coats to show their aprons. Jo In Sung is smiling brightly as Cha Tae Hyun looks forward with a determined gaze.

“Unexpected Business 2” will premiere on February 17. Check out the teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1509172wpp/watch-jo-in-sung-and-cha-tae-hyun-are-ready-to-get-back-to-work-in-unexpected-business-2-teaser

spacer.png

"Mogadishu" → "Sinkhole", the first row movie lineup.

Despite the fact that social distancing is maintained due to the new coronavirus infection (COVID-19), the holiday has returned. Various Lunar New Year special films are waiting amid the stay-at-home holiday.

From "Mogadishu" to "Sinkhole," which attracted 3 million viewers, we looked at special Lunar New Year movies by broadcaster for the first row of the home theater.

◆ tvN Lunar New Year special movie

"Mogadishu" Tuesday, February 1st at 6:50pm/ Starring Kim Yunseok, Jo Inseong, Heo Junho, Koo Exchang.

A story about the life-or-death escape of people isolated by civil war in Mogadishu, the capital of Somalia, in 1991.

http://www.celuvmedia.com/article.php?aid=1643234400410718011

Watch: Cha Tae Hyun And Jo In Sung Take On A New And Improved Challenge In Teasers For “Unexpected Business 2”

tvN has shared another look at Season 2 of “Unexpected Business” with a new poster and teaser!

“Unexpected Business 2” is a variety show starring Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung that follows the two city men’s second time “unexpectedly” running a supermarket in a countryside town. The new season will take place in a different location, but will still capture how they make happy memories with the residents of the local village.

The newly released poster shows the duo wearing their signature aprons. While Cha Tae Hyun holds a huge box of tangerines, Jo In Sung holds up a pot and stands behind a tall stack of grocery store baskets. The captions read, “Will we… be okay?” and “Somehow, expansion and relocation!”

With the new season comes a new challenge for the pair, who will be operating a bigger, upgraded supermarket in a new location and must prepare to greet an even greater number of customers.

spacer.png

The program also released a second teaser that starts out with Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung expressing confidence as they comment, “To be honest, now, there isn’t anything that will fluster us,” and “I’m not scared.”

However, they are immediately thrown off when they arrive at their new location—a much larger “discount mart” that is a sizable upgrade from the small countryside supermarket they ran in the first season.

The store is jam-packed with all kinds of merchandise, a commercial-grade grill, and a meat corner that requires professional skill. With this unexpected store upgrade, the two new managers will be expected to take over a larger number of responsibilities.

Although they no longer have to individually track down items by their handwritten price tags, Cha Tae Hyun is still shown struggling while working at the cash register with their increased flow of customers, and Jo In Sung comments, “It feels like we’re sort of running a big rest stop.”

Stay tuned to see how the managers move forward while asking themselves, “What do we do?”—as well as the surprise guests who stop by to help them out.

“Unexpected Business 2” will air on February 17 at 8:50 p.m. KST. Watch the teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1510492wpp/watch-cha-tae-hyun-and-jo-in-sung-take-on-a-new-and-improved-challenge-in-teasers-for-unexpected-business-2

‘Unexpected Business 2’: Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung In For A Fascinating Challenge

The tvN variety show ‘Unexpected Business 2’ has released a new poster and teaser. The new look of the show has turned the wheels of everyone’s brain out there, and the internet screams the same. Undoubtedly, it is one of the popular South Korean variety shows and is gaining the attention of both domestic and international viewers in a very engaging way. Moreover, it is also true that the previous season of the show was a real success and thus the expectations are high from this second season too.

The newly released poster and teaser of the show have taken everyone in its trance. It is beautifully designed and aesthetically explains the majority of the happenings that are going to take place inside. It portrays the pleasing genres of food, business, comedy, and life. All in all, the genres are greatly complementing each other, and it is definitely going to be a great watch. Moreover, another good thing about this variety show is its fun content which has successfully pleased the viewers of both the domestic and international realm. With the new release, the show has gained the spotlight of the media. Here, we have summarized all the details regarding the same.

‘Unexpected Business 2’: The New & Improved Challenge

The newly released poster of the show showcases Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung in their brand new signature aprons. Cha Tae Hyun can be seen holding a box of tangerines, and Jo In Sung is holding a pot. Both of them are standing behind a tall stack of grocery store baskets and looking all decked up for business.

The caption of the poster reads, “Will we…be okay?” and “Somehow, expansion and relocation!”. Both of them have intrigued the interest of everyone out there is all of them are trying to decipher the meaning behind them. Well, to put it on the new season of the variety show is going to be held at a new location with lots of happy memories with the resident of the countryside.

spacer.png

Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung

This new season of the show is going to bring in many new challenges are adventures for the duo. They will be working in a bigger and upgraded version of a supermarket in a brand-new location. Moreover, they should definitely brace themselves for greeting an even greater number of customers.

Furthermore, Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung can be seen saying, “To be honest, now, there isn’t anything that will fluster us. I am not scared,” in the new teaser of the series. But all their confidence is swept away when they arrive at the new destination, which is basically a much larger “discount mart” in the countryside. All in all, it is going to be a big challenge for the pair.

Cha Tae Hyun can be seen struggling as a cashier as the customer flow has multiplied by a lot. Jo In Sung says, “It feels like we are sort of running a big rest shop.” From all of this, we can take the hint that this new season is going to be one hell of a ride for everyone out there.

‘Unexpected Business 2’: Release Date

‘Unexpected Business 2’ is going to release its first episode on February 17, 2022, at 8:50 PM KST. The variety show has a total of 10 episodes, and if the original release schedule is followed, then the final episode will be released somewhere in the month of April.

New episodes of the show will be released every Thursday, and every one of them will have a running duration of 1 hour 40 minutes.

spacer.png

We are going to see Kim Woo Bin, Lee Kwang Soo, Kim Hye Soo, and Kim Seol Hyun as the guests in the show. We are sure that these ten episodes of the show are going to bring up lots of challenged and adventures for both the hosts and the viewers out there. It is going to be a fun and thrilling ride to watch them dealing with the sudden surge of customers in their shop and handling everything professionally and perfectly.

https://otakukart.com/unexpected-business-2-cha-tae-hyun-and-jo-in-sung-in-for-a-fascinating-challenge/

• Love 1

10 Pairs Of Same-Age Actors That Exude Great Couple Chemistry In K-Dramas

Everyone loves a good romance from time to time, but what is it about these addictive dramas that really draws people in? Is it the story? The warm-fuzzies that flood your heart that first moment the main characters realize their feelings? Or is it the rush of endorphins when your beloved OTP finally shares their long-awaited first kiss? Perhaps it’s a combination of all of these things, or maybe all of these things are incredible because the actors portraying our favorite on-screen couples have truly fantastic chemistry.

One could argue that it’s the on-screen chemistry that really drives the story, and sometimes actors who are close in age can exude even stronger chemistry.

Here are 10 pairs of actors who are the same age and showed great synergy together!

10. Jo In Sung & Song Hye Kyo – “That Winter, The Wind Blows

that-winter-the-wind-blows_HD_1346x17976

Wrapping up this list is the award-winning 2013 romance drama “That Winter, The Wind Blows” led by two 1981-born stars. The drama stars Song Hye Kyo as Oh Young, a legally blind heiress who is forced to spend her life estranged from her family, and Jo In Sung as Oh Soo, a high-stakes gambler and con man who weasels his way into Oh Young’s life. Though they may not have been brought together under the best of circumstances, the relationship and eventual love that grows between them is the very reason this drama won so many awards. The undeniable chemistry between the cold-hearted heiress and the heartbroken con-man who eventually breaks down all her barriers is exactly what every romance-lover lives for. If you haven’t already watched this one, you need to. Now.

Start watching “That Winter, The Wind Blows” here:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

Shinbaek Children's Welfare Center, JTS Korea & Jecheon Happiness Center delivered sponsored goods to low-income families

spacer.png

The Shinbaek Children's Welfare Center, along with the JTS Korea and Jecheon Happy Center, recently delivered a blanket set worth 17.5 million won to 35 low-income children's families in the region as part of the "low-income children's blanket support project."

An official from JTS Korea said, "Actor Jo In-sung has provided donations worth 100 million won to this project, which was carried out to be with even a small amount of strength," adding, "I am happy that he has delivered essential items to children in cold weather."

Seok-jin, director of the Shinbaek Children's Welfare Center, said, "I would like to express my gratitude once again to those who have been with us for the healthy growth of children. We will continue to strive to realize valuable child welfare to create a better environment for children in Jecheon."

https://www.inews365.com/news/article.html?no=701244

First still released for Director Ryu Seung Wan's new film, "Smuggling"

spacer.png

https://extmovie.com/movietalk/73576655

Director Ryu Seung Wan's new film "Smuggling" synopsis revealed.

In the 1970s, in Guncheon, a small village adjacent to the beach, lived two female divers, Chunja and Jinsuk, together with Jinsuk's younger brother. They have always been working underwater collecting seafood for a living. However, as factories are built one by one near the beach, difficulties arise for the livelihood of the female divers, and so sailors engage in smuggling to earn a living. The smuggling industry, which began in this way, becomes large enough for Jinsook's family to handle, and the peace of the village gradually begins to break down.

Starring Kim Hye-soo, Yeom Jeong-ah, Jo In-sung, Park Jung-min

New film directed by Ryoo Seung-wan

Investment/Distribution NEW

release in 2022

https://extmovie.com/movietalk/73579143

Seolhyun is a part-timer at a country supermarket for Jo Insung's Unexpected Business 2

Seol-hyun unveiled a behind-the-scenes cut of the filming site of "Unexpected Business 2."

Seol Hyun, a member of the group AOA and actress, posted a photo on her SNS on the 10th with a message, "I happened to be back from Unexpected Business 2!"

In the released photo, Seol-hyun appears to be taking a proof shot with actors Jo In-sung and Park Hyo-joon at the filming site of tvN's entertainment program "Unexpected Business 2."

Seol-hyun showed off her girly beauty with a pure expression on her fur hat, making viewers laugh.

Meanwhile, tvN's Unexpected Business 2 contains actors Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung's second rural super business diary. Strongest part-time workers such as Kim Hye-soo, Kim Woo-bin, Lee Kwang-soo, Seol-hyun and Han Hyo-joo are expected. The first broadcast will be on the 17th.

spacer.png

https://newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20220210_0001754567&cID=10601&pID=10600