Park Bo Young 박보영 • 朴寶英

StaRix

11 hours ago, estherlim said:

Few weeks ago, when I check on BY & HS soompi page, I think both of them are approximately 30+ pages. But now, HS page has more than double! Makes me wonder, if BY's fans are those that are more quiet type or usually female actress have lesser fans?

Nevertheless due to SWDBS, I have watch BY's past works and find her very refreshing in her acting. For the earlier works, we can see that she is a raw diamond and there is something real in her characters and we can really feel her. She really become better when she come back after her long court case with the previous agency.  There is an added since of maturity in her partly due to her age and also due to the life experience she had gotten. 

Hope that she will continue to get good dramas or movies and see us more often! She is too good to give us a production every 2 years! Maybe drama once a year is good plus a movie in between? Anyway, I am planning to learn korean do that I can chat with her during her VLive! Yes! I will learn korea language not for a Oppa but for a little sister so that I can encourage her.... that is the charm of BY!

WORD !!!

Seriously i love you guys @estherlim  @willowmyst @mei1209

Let's post more about her activity and article. But anyone know if boyoung schedule open for public or any event she will attend soon

i find it's really hard to looking for her schedule information or event. I event can't find her agency website:unsure:

i can't read hangul, but try to learn it soon like @estherlim said not for oppa but for her (she's 1 yo older than me so i can't call her little sister btw) :D but she seriously cuter than me:wub:

• Like 5

Looking back ..PBY has many projects that many have not really talked about. Like her in 'WE KIDS'

Love how the kids loved her!!

She is simply adorable..!! Let us all root her sincerely not of PHS but she..PBY. She deserves all credits for her genuine hard works.. She is so humble to say she cannot sing well..but listen to her OST 'Leave' in 'OH my Ghostess' drama.. Love her voice

:love:How can I not love her more and more each day!!!

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, mei1209 said:

Looking back ..PBY has many projects that many have not really talked about. Like her in 'WE KIDS'

She is simply adorable..!! Let us all root her sincerely not of PHS but she..PBY. She deserves all credits for her genuine hard works.. She is so humble to say she cannot sing well..but listen to her OST 'Leave' in 'OH my Ghostess' drama.. Love her voice

i miss her everyday actually :wub:

• Like 5

Kim Won Hae Shares His First Impressions Of Park Bo Young And Park Hyung Sik

Kim-Won-Hae-Park-Bo-Young-Park-Hyung-Sik

Actor Kim Won Hae talked about his former “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” co-stars Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik.

During a recent interview, the actor revealed that he had a great first impression of Park Bo Young. “When I first watched her movie ‘Scandal Makers,’ I wondered who she was. My 15-year-old daughter was born as a premature baby so she has a really small stature. I really like Park Bo Young because she reminds me of my daughter,” he shared.

He further continued, “I really wanted to star in a production with her and I was finally able to work with her this time. Even her smallest movements are professional. We had great chemistry while acting.”

He then explained that he first met Park Hyung Sik through the drama “Nine: 9 Times Time Travel.” Kim Won Hae said while laughing, “I didn’t know his name back then, and I wasn’t even aware that he was an idol. When I asked him if his group [ZE:A] had failed, he said it didn’t.”

“He was so young back then but now he’s a respectable actor who takes on lead roles. I didn’t even raise him but I feel so proud. Even my daughters are in love with him. They have no regard for their father,” he joked.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, hellostrangers said:

WORD !!!

Seriously i love you guys @estherlim  @willowmyst @mei1209

Let's post more about her activity and article. But anyone know if boyoung schedule open for public or any event she will attend soon

i find it's really hard to looking for her schedule information or event. I event can't find her agency website:unsure:

i can't read hangul, but try to learn it soon like @estherlim said not for oppa but for her (she's 1 yo older than me so i can't call her little sister btw) :D but she seriously cuter than me:wub:

The hardship of being an internationsl fan-- hard to come by postings about activities, schedules, etc. I'll do my "share" by sharing lovely photos and discussing about her projects, articles and such! I'm happy to meet you all. :heart:

• Like 6

Thanks!!! Great to see the 'latest' photo posting by BY's manager! I have already liked on IG. Hopefully he will be encourage to share more pics of BY on his IG! So far saw a lot of BM's pic... is that her name? BY's friend... so would appreciate another source of information from him.  Btw.. is it difficult to learn korean? Is it necessary to go to school? I tried the phone software and only learn word by word.. and the YT videos are quite boring. If u can share your 'shortcuts', then I should be in time BY's next Vlive! Keep the love flowing!!! Cheers!

• Like 5

On 05/03/2017 at 2:42 AM, hellostrangers said:

Our boyoungie on red carpet for # #BaeksangArtsAwards2017

But her left hand still use idk what it's name handband ?

I wonder if this arm was injured during that scene in swdbs. I remember watching a bts whete she used her left arm to block a hit from a piece of wood which broke in half. She said she was fine (based on translation on th clip.)

I'll have to find that bts to share.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, estherlim said:

Thanks!!! Great to see the 'latest' photo posting by BY's manager! I have already liked on IG. Hopefully he will be encourage to share more pics of BY on his IG! So far saw a lot of BM's pic... is that her name? BY's friend... so would appreciate another source of information from him.  Btw.. is it difficult to learn korean? Is it necessary to go to school? I tried the phone software and only learn word by word.. and the YT videos are quite boring. If u can share your 'shortcuts', then I should be in time BY's next Vlive! Keep the love flowing!!! Cheers!

it's so frustration for me actually. I learn earlier than my little sister but turn out i still don't have any idea about anything, and she's can read a word now

i learn for some book which my friend give to me, but it's just a basic. *sorry can't help more. Heheheee

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, willowmyst said:

I wonder if this arm was injured during that scene in swdbs. I remember watching a bts whete she used her left arm to block a hit from a piece of wood which broke in half. She said she was fine (based on translation on th clip.)

I'll have to find that bts to share.

as long as i know the ankle injury was from SWDS scene (correct me if i'm wrong) but the arm still don't have idea what that come from
Bcs some ppl said she was in injury even before shoot SWDBS drama

• Like 3

18 hours ago, estherlim said:

Few weeks ago, when I check on BY & HS soompi page, I think both of them are approximately 30+ pages. But now, HS page has more than double! Makes me wonder, if BY's fans are those that are more quiet type or usually female actress have lesser fans?

Nevertheless due to SWDBS, I have watch BY's past works and find her very refreshing in her acting. For the earlier works, we can see that she is a raw diamond and there is something real in her characters and we can really feel her. She really become better when she come back after her long court case with the previous agency.  There is an added since of maturity in her partly due to her age and also due to the life experience she had gotten. 

Hope that she will continue to get good dramas or movies and see us more often! She is too good to give us a production every 2 years! Maybe drama once a year is good plus a movie in between? Anyway, I am planning to learn korean do that I can chat with her during her VLive! Yes! I will learn korea language not for a Oppa but for a little sister so that I can encourage her.... that is the charm of BY!

Here I am, been a silent lurker for awhile until I make a soompi account to participate in Park Bo Young related discussion! 

Talking about her being not so productive, I am actually quite surprised to know that projects that she is interested at mostly being cancelled or delayed, some because it was hard to find a male lead for her. Below is the link to the article : 

http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/phone/news/view.jsp?req_newsidx=227895

I remeber there was a melo drama project with her as a lead, Kang Haneul was offered for the male leading role but he turned it down. Since then, there has been no news about the project. Feel so bad for her. I honestly can name quite a few actor that could be paired well with a good chemistry with PBY. I wonder if its because they feel burdened since PBY is the nation's little sister or is it because how PBY's project partner has been considered top actors ( Lee Min Ho, Kim Soo Hyun, Jo Jung Suk, Lee Jong Suk, Joo Won, Song Joong Ki) or is it because they are worried about their chemistry with PBY due to PBY's small figure?? 

I feel so bad for her, hopefully she can get more offers with SWDBS's success.

By the way, WE KIDS is a must watch program. Too bad it isnt as popular and no full episode has been subbed, but I watched it without sub and it is wonderfull!

Edited by karikarin
  • Like 7

Park Bo Young also cautiously opened up about the struggles she faced a few years back. “The past me would never be able to imagine receiving this much love for my acting. I always faced obstacles in my career. I had a big lawsuit with my previous company so I was extremely worn out by that. I was upset at all the bad people in the world and no longer felt the joy in acting that I experienced when I first started out. This lead me to consider quitting this profession altogether. I considered quitting and moving back home to the countryside in Korea. My parents saw how much I was struggling and agreed that I should live a normal life. But the sad thing was that when I tried to think about another career path, I couldn’t think of anything that I would want to do besides acting. Coming to this realization, I changed my mindset and started acting again. My attitude towards this profession changed after that,” shared the actress.

“I want to be an actress that people are always curious about.  I want them wonder what kind of drama I will be working on next and look forward to the next character I will be portraying on screen.  In the past, I always set definitive goals for myself, but I’ve stopped doing that.  Now, I want to focus on putting all my effort into acting and loving myself. That is my goal for the future,” she stated.

-------

Yes..she should not give up..She has crossed this hurdle despite her petite size which is not an advantage..but with her positive attitude, she will succeed and hoping more projects will come by her way. She will always have my support and love her much:heart:

• Like 8

I've been looking and watching different variety shows lately since I'm sorta "stuck" right now and hung up after watching my last drama. (Waiting eagerly for Suspicious Partner to see if it draws me in, sorry side track, totally unrelated). Anyway,  point being I'm missing PBY and been rewatching her in 2D1N when she guested. She is really close to CTH coz even though she was feeling poorly that day (was even in the hospital earlier), she came to his show. She got sick after being rained on for a scene in Oh My Ghostess. So, even though she was still recovering, she went and participated in most of the games and even though she didn't complete the full show but went home dawn the next day to rest up. She was looking tired when she said goodbye to CTH.

It was hilarious how excited the guys were when she showed up! Lol

• Like 3

On 5/8/2017 at 9:37 AM, mei1209 said:

PBY is wonderful in WE KIDS! 
If any of you havent watched it, I strongly encourage you to watch it soon, though no sub so you have to guess what they say.
She loves kids and the kids love her back. You can always tell a person's character by seeing him/her around kids and she's simply amazing! :heart:
Note: Yo Yeon Seok and Tiger JK were there too and these guys surprisingly wonderful with kids. *respect. :)

• Like 5

I am hoping she gets to be invited for another 2days 1night show with PHS and JS under SWDBS as special guests and meet up with her fave oppa Cha Tae Hyun once again. It will be a very touching moments when they meet. Heard that CTH really treats her well. Watched her' Lets eat dinner ep 19.' .. she was really sweet and got the former wrestler fluttered upon seeing her as their guest for the show. She was so respectful to the hosts. I wanna see that again in this reality show. I believe her popularity will definitely score more Aces!!! Hope the tv stations will cast her more in their reality and variety show. She can do it very well:blush:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, penelop3 said:

PBY is wonderful in WE KIDS! 
If any of you havent watched it, I strongly encourage you to watch it soon, though no sub so you have to guess what they say.
She loves kids and the kids love her back. You can always tell a person's character by seeing him/her around kids and she's simply amazing! :heart:
Note: Yo Yeon Seok and Tiger JK were there too and these guys surprisingly wonderful with kids. *respect. :)

I second that! Her interaction with Yoo Jae Hwan ( eventhough its not shown as much ) are cute as well! From her variety appearance, I think she got the knack of being aware and understanding people's feeling. She is also very cute with Kang Ho Dong on "Let's Eat Together!"

You will get hooked once you watch WE KIDS. Speaking of WE KIDS, I really want to ask her on V Live if she is still in touch with them because the kids are wonderful! You cant not love them once you watch the show. Too bad I have no idea how to write Korean though..

Looking forward for her upcoming project! I wonder what kind of project would she pick next. What project would you like her be doing next?? Havent seen her in sageuk for a while, so I'd like to see her in sageuk. Orrr her past cancelled project of 1 Lt of tears korean adaption would be awesome, I dont know if she still want to go back as a highschooler though.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, karikarin said:

I second that! Her interaction with Yoo Jae Hwan ( eventhough its not shown as much ) are cute as well! From her variety appearance, I think she got the knack of being aware and understanding people's feeling. She is also very cute with Kang Ho Dong on "Let's Eat Together!"

You will get hooked once you watch WE KIDS. Speaking of WE KIDS, I really want to ask her on V Live if she is still in touch with them because the kids are wonderful! You cant not love them once you watch the show. Too bad I have no idea how to write Korean though..

Looking forward for her upcoming project! I wonder what kind of project would she pick next. What project would you like her be doing next?? Havent seen her in sageuk for a while, so I'd like to see her in sageuk. Orrr her past cancelled project of 1 Lt of tears korean adaption would be awesome, I dont know if she still want to go back as a highschooler though.

And her team in We Kids, came in first, I think..:blush:

• Like 2