Yoo Hee Yeol 유희열 | Toy 토이

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest adikkeluangman

Who is the identity of the participants that made jury in shock? K Pop star season 4

Monster participants video

-----J.Y.Park shares the true 'conglomerate' side of Yoo Hee Yeol
On the November 19 airing of SBS's 'One Night TV Entertainment,' the three judges of 'K-Pop Star' bickered back and forth displaying their close relationship they had built up through the program. 
yang-hyun-suk_1416416346_20141119_onenig

During the interview, J.Y. Park exposed the true side of musician Yoo Hee Yeol, drawing out laughter. 
J.Y. Park introduced himself as the person who was taking on the role of "antis" while Yoo Hee Yeol said, "I'm Yoo Hee Yeol taking on the role of tears." Yang Hyun Suk added, "I'm not really good at this... I'm Yang Hyun Suk taking on the role of center." 
Then, J.Y. Park said, "When the camera is off, he [Yoo Hee Yeol] acts like he's a big shot conglomerate. When the camera goes on, (he says things like) 'hope of the people...' One day his dual-personality is bound to come out on air." 

Yoo Hee Yeol refuted, "Of course, the conglomerate would scheme..." and added, "Don't you think that a turtleneck and a vest is quite inappropriate in the middle of winter," poking fun at J.Y. Park's unique fashion. 
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/11/jypark-shares-the-true-conglomerate-side-of-yoo-hee-yeol

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

SBS “K-Pop Star” judges discuss their roles on the show
On SBS‘s Midnight TV Entertainment, which aired on November 19th, the three judges of K-Pop Star Season 4 playfully discussed their roles on the show. The three judges showcased their close friendship, despite being the CEOs of their own record labels.
J.Y. Park said “I take care of all the antis on the show,” Yoo Hee Yeol said “I take care of all the crying on the show” and Yang Hyun Suk said “I’m really not good at these things…but I handle being the center of attention on K-Pop Star.”
With a huge playfully smile, J.Y. Park told the reporter, “Yoo Hee Yeol acts like he’s the hope of the ordinary people, but when the camera’s off he acts like he’s a large corporation.”
Yoo Hee Yeol jumped to his own defense and said,  “Large corporations do play tricks…” and continued by criticizing J.Y. Park on his fashion, “A turtleneck and a vest in the middle of the winter, that’s not very fitting is it?” drawing out a round of laughter from everyone.
Recently, Antenna Music’s underwent a logo change and when questioned why, Yoo Hee Yeol said, “A man’s got to be ambitious.”
K-pop Star Season 4 is set to premiere on November 23rd.
http://www.koreaboo.com/tv-shows/sbs-k-pop-star-judges-discuss-roles-show/

Guest adikkeluangman

YGE CEO Yang Hyun Suk reveals he lost 15 lbs because of Yoo Hee Yeol
'K-Pop Star 4' judges J.Y. Park, Yang Hyun Suk, and Yoo Hee Yeol sat down for an interview on SBS' 'One Night of TV Entertainment'!
The reporter asked the judges to go back to a rookie mindset by introducing themselves as if they were an idol group to which J.Y. Park said, "Hello, it's J.Y. Park who is in charge of being the anti on 'K-Pop Star'!" Yoo Hee Yeol shared, "It's Yoo Hee Yeol who is in charge of crying." Everyone anticipated Yang Hyun Suk's introduction, and he didn't disappoint by sharing, "It's Yang Hyun Suk who is the center of 'K-Pop Star'," adding one of Seo Taiji and Boys' famous dance moves with J.Y. Park.
J.Y. Park shared what it's like to be a judge for the competitive reality show, saying, "To be honest, there are many times when I forget that I'm on a broadcast. I'd say things like, 'You really shouldn't be a singer,' 'You have no talent,' and I'd work myself up while talking. But after I finished and put down the mic, [Yoo Hee Yeol] would say, 'It's hard, isn't it? How hard it must have been to come this far.' Is that what you call judging," teasing Yoo Hee Yeol.
During their 'OX' talk, when asked if they ever prepared their comments beforehand, Yang Hyun Suk was the only one who gave an 'O' to which Yoo Hee Yeol shared, "He speaks so well." Yang Hyun Suk revealed the secret to his eloquent judging, sharing, "I prepared it throughout a year. I'm always thinking of what to say, and if a contestant that fits [the comment I thought of beforehand] comes out, I say it accordingly," bringing laughs with his honesty.
When asked if they took care of their visuals to look better than the other judges, Yang Hyun Suk responded, "I don't know if the viewers can tell or not, but Yoo Hee Yeol's face is a little squished inwards. If there's a two-shot of us, I come out big so I lost around 7 kg (~15 lbs) in 4 months."
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/11/yge-ceo-yang-hyun-suk-reveals-he-lost-15-lbs-because-of-yoo-hee-yeol

Guest adikkeluangman

New teasers. 심사위원을 힘들게한 괴물 참가자는? @K팝스타 시즌4

울음바다가 된 오디션장, 사상초유의 사건 발생 @K팝스타 시즌4

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Heavy tension between Yang Hyun Suk and Yoo Hee Yeol continues on "K-Pop Star" Season 4
As the survival audition program, K-Pop Star recently started their fourth season, judges Yang Hyun Suk and Yoo Hee Yeol have already gone head-to-head with each other in an argument.
During November 30th’s episode of K-Pop Star season 4, a 19 year old contestant, Goo Gi Hoon confessed that he came to the audition without his parents approval. The 19 year old continued saying, “I think I can only endure it if I do what I really want to. I started it so I will finish it, I will live doing music until I regret taking this path.”
B3071M3CQAEDS71.jpg

After his performance, Yoo Hee Yeol was the first to speak and started to mention that not everybody can pursue what they want to do. “You have to think very carefully, if I were to be more detailed, I think you are influenced a lot by Jung Joonil of Mate,” he said.
He continued saying that he understands why Goo Gi Hoon wants to be an artist since he is handsome, can play the guitar and sing, but later says, “It doesn’t happen for everyone though, there’s a limit to how many people can make it.”
Following, Yang Hyun Suk quickly interrupted and said that he did not like how Goo Gi Hoon was trying to live his life based on what his parents wanted him to do, “I think parents have the right to give advice, but happiness is one of the utmost importance,” he said.
It seems that Yang Hyun Suk continued on speaking as a father and said, “It doesn’t matter if you are rich, if you think you’re unhappy, you will be. People are most happy when they do what they want. I think parents should think more about what makes their children happy.”
Yoo Hee Yeol later spoke from a father’s point of view and said if Goo Gi Hoon uses music “to escape from the pressure and expectations” of his parents, then his “thoughts may change with time. I would like to provide you with the time to think,” he said.
Yang Hyun Suk ended the conversation by saying, “There are no answers in life, just do what you think is right and you will not regret.”
The amount of contestants this season is rumored to be double the original amount compared to previous seasons. In addition, with Yang Hyun Suk and Yoo Hee Yeol as judges, J.Y. Park is a judge as well. K-Pop Star season 4 premiered on November 23rd and is currently airing on Sunday evening.
http://www.koreaboo.com/news/heavy-tension-yang-hyun-suk-yoo-hee-yeol-continues-k-pop-star-season-4/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

김동률의 동행, 음악을 읽다 - 청춘 (글: 강세형, Na: 유희열)

Narration by Yoo Hee Yeol for Kim Dong Ryul song in his new album.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Kim Tae Woo, Buzz, Go Sangji Band, and Sunwoo Jungah to guest on “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook”
Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook records its first episode for 2015 with a special set-up from its featured artists such as Kim Tae Woo, Buzz, Go Sangji Band, and Sunwoo Jungah. 
In a statement released by Yoo Hee Yeol on January 1st, he revealed that, “It’s been seven years since I hosted Sketchbook. The reason I took this position as the host was so I could show the public good music much like a radio.” He further explained that the first episode of 2015 will be a very candid, casual episode and will be aired through a radio-like format.
B6T2KRuIgAAmhmT.jpg

One of the show’s guests, Sunwoo Jungah also shared her thoughts on composing 2NE1’s released track, “It Hurts, and revealed that, “I wrote and composed the song It Hurts and even took part in the chorus. I think my field of music expanded after working on that song.”
The full episode, along with their interviews and performances, will be aired on January 2nd.
http://www.koreaboo.com/tv-shows/kim-tae-woo-buzz-go-sangji-band-and-sunwoo-jungah-to-guest-on-yoo-hee-yeols-sketchbook/

• 1 month later...
Guest iamsarahmicah

Im not a kpop fanatic until I saw the kpop star season 4 that caught my attention due to the "survival audition" thing which made me more curious. After watching kpopstar season 4 episode 1, I decided to watch the Kpopstar season 3 whole episodes. And I admit.. I became a fan of yoo hee yeol right then. I must say that he is a great, cool and talented person... thumbs up for Toy.. :-bd

Guest iamsarahmicah

before I go to sleep.. I used to listen to his songs.. especially the "a passionate goodbye", "Piano (instrumental)", "she said" and "us"... :)

• 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Yang Hyun Suk Promotes YG By Dissing Antenna Music and JYP on “K-Pop Star”
Yang Hyun Suk actively promoted YG Entertainment to the “K-Pop Star” participants.
On the episode of SBS’s “K-Pop Star” aired on March 22, Esther Kim, Park Yoon Ha, Katy Kim, Lee Jin Ah, Jung Seung Hwan, and Lily M perform their second live stage in order to pick the top four.
yg-k-pop-star.png

During YG week with the six participants, Yang Hyun Suk says, “I need to promote YG, and I think the fastest way in doing so is to talk bad about the other companies.”
On Antenna Music he says, “Yoo Hee Yeol has such a good image. The bad thing about Antenna Music is that Kwon Jin Ah, from season three, still hasn’t made a debut,” pointing out that whoever joins from season four would likely debut later than her.
yg-k-pop-star-2.png

On JYP he says, “Park Jin Young will pour all his effort into you because he is the one who makes the songs. However, I have ten other people like Park Jin Young in YG.”

“Make sure you thoroughly think through which managing agency you want to go to. You have to be serious about it because this decision will change your life. I will say, though, that you have the best chance of succeeding in YG,” Yang Hyun Suk added.
http://www.soompi.com/2015/03/22/yang-hyun-suk-promotes-yg-by-dissing-antenna-music-and-jyp-on-k-pop-star/

Guest adikkeluangman

Park Jin Young Gives First Perfect Score During Semi-Finals of “K-Pop Star 4″
“K-Pop Star 4″ judge Park Jin Young has given out his first-ever 100 point judgement to Lee Jin Ah.
On the March 29 broadcast of the SBS singing competition show, contestants Katie Kim, Lily M, Jung Seung Hwan, and Lee Jin Ah participated in a fierce contest to reach the show’s semi-finals, or “TOP 3.” For her performance during the show’s JYP week, contestant Lee Jin Ah performed her rendition of Sanulrim’s “Reminiscence.”
jyp.png

The judges responded very well to her performance, with Yang Hyun Suk saying that “the piano gave me goosebumps,” giving her 90 points. Judge Yoo Hee Yeol scored her even higher, giving her 95 points and saying, “You sang a different version of the song than the one I’m used to…the song was serene, and it felt like your piano had a lot that it wanted to say. Your risk paid off.”
However, the top score came from judge Park Jin Young, who said, “It’s such a pure song. You can’t mess with it carelessly. But your voice meshed with it perfectly. Today wasn’t an audition. I’ve never given out a perfect score before,” he said as he handed down his 100 point score.
parkjinyoung_perfect-score-539x900.jpg

http://www.soompi.com/2015/03/29/park-jin-young-gives-first-perfect-score-during-semi-finals-of-k-pop-star-4/

• 4 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

[미(MIIII)씽유 #9] 미(MIIII)의 라이브 영상 '뜨거운 안녕' 

She covered Toy's Passionate Goodbye.

• 6 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

[미(MIIII)씽유 #43] 토이 - 내가 너의 곁에 잠시 살았다는 걸

Singer MIII covered his song titled 'That I Once By Your Side'.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Yoo Hee Yeol is bothered by the moaning noises J.Y. Park makes on 'K-Pop Star'

The November 23 airing of 'Healing Camp' had viewers chortling thanks to Yoo Hee Yeol's sassy, brutally honest remarks about his 'K-Pop Star' fellow judge J.Y. Park. 

Yoo Hee Yeol, along with Yang Hyun Suk, guested on this episode to air out some dirty laundry about their friend J.Y. Park, who apparently has some weird mannerisms and habits that grind their gears. Yang Hyun Suk said, "There are times when the viewers get annoyed watching J.Y. Park on the show. When they just look at his face, they know whether a contestant is going to pass or be eliminated," which had Yoo Hee Yeol laughing in agreement. He then added his own two cents, saying, "If there is a contestant he even likes a little bit, he starts making moaning noises. It's very uncomfortable." 

1448290898-71.jpg

Yoo Hee Yeol continued, "There was a famous line that [J.Y. Park] said on the show that went 'half air half noise' but nowadays he says, 'open your diaphragm' and 'your heart is also a muscle.' I have no idea what he means; it's not like he's a doctor." 

But wait! His dissing didn't end there. When asked what he would do if J.Y. Park was one of the contestants, Yoo Hee Yeol joked, "I think I will eliminate him based on his physical appearance. I would assume that he's trying out to be a dancer." Hey, you gotta appreciate the guy's honesty. That's what friends are for, right?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/11/yoo-hee-yeol-is-bothered-by-the-moaning-noises-jy-park-makes-on-k-pop-star

Guest adikkeluangman

Park Jin Young Reveals Yang Hyun Suk’s Secret

On the November 23 broadcast of SBS’s “Healing Camp,” singer and producer Park Jin Young appeared as the guest.

While sharing his opinions about the other judges on “K-Pop Star,” he opened up about YG Entertainment founder Yang Hyun Suk who appears on the show as one of the judges.

201511232346791110_1_99_20151123234804.j

Park Jin Young cracked everyone up when he said, “I think Yang Hyun Suk does get a little competitive with other judges. He’s the only judge who comes to the studio with about five to six prepared comments. He picks out one of them when it’s appropriate.”

As for singer Yoo Hee Yeol who is also one of the judges, Park Jin Young commented, “He’s so kind. He gives advice to each and every contestant. Hyun Suk and Hee Yeol came up with a secret code. When one of them gets long-winded with their feedback, the other person touches his ear.”

http://www.soompi.com/2015/11/23/park-jin-young-reveals-yang-hyun-suks-secret-on-k-pop-star/

Guest adikkeluangman

Lee Hi’s Older Sister Auditions on “K-Pop Star 5″

Lee Hi‘s older sister, Lee Hyu Rim, auditioned to be a singer on the November 29 episode of SBS’s “K-Pop Star 5.”

Lee Hyu Rim auditioned on the same show that made her little sister a K-pop star, pursuing her own dream to be a singer, no matter how late. Lee Hyu Rim sang Yoon Mi Rae‘s “Goodbye Sadness, Hello Happiness,” showing some similiarity and some differences in singing style and tone with her sister.

CVDMF5wWcAYbd2x.jpg

*Spoiler ahead for the result of her audition.

Judge Yoo Heo Yeol commented how Lee Hyu Rim reminds him of his own older brother, who gave up his own dream in music to support the family and his little brother’s dream. He gave her a pass.

Park Jin Young pointed out that Lee Hyu Rim lack something special in her singing to make her stand out from other singers, giving her a no-pass.

Yang Hyun Suk, CEO of Lee Hi’s label, gave Lee Hyu Rim a pass, despite pointing out the same thing as Park Jin Young, but also saying that the older sister reached the high notes more comfortably than her little sister.

Lee Hyu Rim will be moving on to Round 2.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/11/30/watch-lee-his-older-sister-auditions-on-k-pop-star-5/

• 4 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

“K-Pop Star 5″ Contestants Bring Park Jin Young to Tears

The recent filming of “K-Pop Star 5″ had the contestants Jung Jin Woo and Lee Soo Jung form a team to try a mission. The two were a hit, and the producers of “K-Pop Star 5″ have even released some stills of the duo.

According to Yang Hyun Suk, “Jung Jin Woo has not only improved his songwriting abilities, he has also become a man.” Yoo Hee Yeol said, “I feel as if I have seen a short drama. It was more exciting than a first kiss on a drama, and it was the best stage I could dream of.” Park Jin Young even shed some tears, and said, “I am so happy that there are such good stages each year. When the two held hands, I cried. It was so moving.”

20151226_1451091544_89313800_1_99_201512

The producers said, “Many teams showed great teamwork and resulted in very strong stages.”

Tune into K-Pop Star 5 to find out which teams excelled!

http://www.soompi.com/2015/12/26/k-pop-star-5-contestants-bring-park-jin-young-to-tears/ 

Guest adikkeluangman

Twice Members Share Thoughts on Park Jin Young′s Foot Piano Performance

Yoo Hee Yeol brought up Park Jin Young′s foot piano performance. 

JYP girl group Twice and Lovelyz are set to appear as showmen on JTBC′s Two Yoo Project - Sugar Man. As viewers look forward to seeing today′s hottest girl groups on the show, Yoo Hee Yeol is attracting attention with his comments about Park Jin Young′s recent performance. 

10135103.jpg

Park Jin Young recently made headlines for playing the piano with his foot at 2015 MAMA. Yoo Hee Yeol said, "Park Jin Young is really proud of himself, saying ′What was so weird about it?′" 

Twice burst into laughter as soon as Yoo Hee Yeol brought the performance up, leading Yoo Jae Suk to say, "Are you allowed to laugh?" to which Tzuyu said, "It was fascinating. It was my first time seeing something like that."

The episode of Sugar Man is set to air on December 29 at 10:50 p.m. KST. 

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/101351/twice-members-share-thoughts-on-park-jin-youngs-foot-piano-performance 

• 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

“K-Pop Star” Gears Up for Its Sixth Season

SBS‘s audition program “K-Pop Star” is already discussing making its sixth season.

“K-Pop Star” is currently airing its fifth season, which is doing very well in viewership ratings. YG‘s Yang Hyun Suk, JYP‘s Park Jin Young, and Antenna Music‘s Yoo Hee Yeol are the three judges in charge of leading this program, and they are one of the reasons why this program is so popular. Being known as the heads of some big music agencies, the program wouldn’t be doing as well as it is now if it weren’t for their good judging skills.

201602170813772928_56c3af54d3268_99_2016

According to an affiliate, the three judges have revealed that they will be continuing their appearance for the next season, saying,”Let’s do season six together, too.”

Meanwhile “K-Pop Star” airs every Sunday at 6:20 p.m. KST.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/02/16/k-pop-star-gears-up-for-its-sixth-season/ 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

'K-Pop Star' judges cheer on Lee Hi's upcoming album!

On February 27, YG Entertainment's official blog site (www.yg-life.com) revealed a photo of current 'K-Pop Star 5' judges cheering on Lee Hi's upcoming album!

Previously, Lee Hi had been reported to be working on a new solo album produced by Epik High's Tablo and DJ Tukutz! The official comeback date has now been announced for March 9!

CcL6G4xUYAEHHdM.jpg

The March comeback will be the singer's first comeback in 3 years. Are you excited for Lee Hi?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/02/k-pop-star-judges-cheer-on-lee-his-upcoming-album

Archived