Diy Coffee Scrub

secretlyjustyours

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks...it looks like a simple way to exfoliate without spending millions bucks on face products that doesn't work

but i have a question : do we just add cleanser/honey with the coffee? or do we need to add water too?

Guest stillshellie

I just did it. I needed to scrub my face anyway. it made a mess in on the shower walls though. I took some time to get all of it off. I mixed it with honey, sugar and my cleanser and a tiny bit of moisturizer (by accident. I thought it was my cleanser). lol I just used everything because I couldn't decide. it made my skin feel nice

thanks...it looks like a simple way to exfoliate without spending millions bucks on face products that doesn't work

but i have a question : do we just add cleanser/honey with the coffee? or do we need to add water too?

You dont need to add water unless you dont have cleanser or honey.

you just need something liquidy since the grinds will really tear up your skin if its not soft (it may be too harsh by itself)

you can use anything (instant) if it has grinds in it, and the grinds aren't soften out.

^^^^^

exfoliation does get rid of blackheads.

its bound to work for almost everyone, because isnt it logical that if you scrub your face then you will clear out all the gunk in your pores?

this will only help prevent blackheads, to get rid of blackheads you need to steam your face and then exfoliate.

and i think you misinterpret the lemon thread, it PREVENTS blackheads, blackheads are hard to get rid of, you need to squeeze them out with the blackhead extractor or go for facials. i dont get any because i exfoliate.

Guest twig*star

it is used to reduce cellulite. It makes the skin on our thighs more smooth, and everywhere else!

apparently this is a myth. rubbing coffe on your legs causes swelling which means you think the cellulite has reduced in appearance but it hasnt. the swelling just covers over the cellulite.

And the honey thing - it gave me blackheads when i didn't have any beforehand.

Guest katherine*

instant as in the one in the bag? thats the one i use, when no one makes coffee. i just scoop it out and then put honey in it, or use it by itself with water it doesnt matter what you use as long as their are grinds (used to exfoliate).

or do you mean the one that is just basically smooth flattened grinds? lol

haha, yeah, i meant instant as in...

the kind where you just scoop out,

add sugar&milk with hot water type coffee

instead of the kind you put in a coffee pot haha

but i'll try it if i ever happen to have coffee grinds around :) thanks!

apparently this is a myth. rubbing coffe on your legs causes swelling which means you think the cellulite has reduced in appearance but it hasnt. the swelling just covers over the cellulite.

And the honey thing - it gave me blackheads when i didn't have any beforehand.

i dont really know, i found it on many sites so i have no idea.

But then again, its not reallly hurting me so i dont really care :) but thanks for stating that i'll put it up just in case its right.

I am not entirely sure how you got honey into your pores...

when you were exfoliating your face?

Guest twig*star

The coffee cellulite is a myth thing i got from medical info because i have read it before as what halle berry does to treat her cellulite too. Just thought i'd give 2 sides to the story.

And LoL no the honey didn't go into my pores. I used a very high quality honey as a mask that i left on for 1 hour (because it is supposed to hydrate) and when i cleaned it off some of my pores had turned black :crazy: . Before my pores were clear but then after it was black!! It probably turned the sebum in the pores black but still .... kinda scary.

There are different qualities of honey and the poorer quality have more microbes(?forgot what the little buggers are technically called) so i thought honey that has been gamma bounced would be better. I have used poorer quality honey and that gives a glow but it might have been placebo ..... :lol:

can people who have sensitive skin do this too?

if you do use it, then be sure to only put a small amount of coffee and alot of cleanser, or use a moisturizer with it.

that way it wont be as harsh.

can you use 3-in-1 coffee mix? haha. just wondering.

as long as it has like.. a rough texture it can be used :]

since you want to exfoliate your skin.

if the mix is soft it wont work as well

Archived