[drama 2010] Lord of Study 공부의 신

Guest sayroo

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

episode 2 was a lot better than episode 1. i really enjoyed it.

[[there may potentially be spoilers]]

i love how they continue to show all the characters' backgrounds as well as what motivated them to enter the special class.

i still need to learn the names of the characters so please excuse the mixing of actor/character names:

- i think lee hyun woo is adorable. he's the type of character that i always seem to fall for in whatever drama lol

- i still like yoo seung ho; he comes out very mature, and sweet (towards his grandmother).

- the chubby kid (lol lee chan ho? erm..) is that super nice kid in class; i like him for continuing to study even when everything seems to be against him. his parents annoy me... omg.

- go ah sung seems like an average high school student, but with a lost mother; her mother never really matured enough to be a good parent.

- hyunjung, im assuming (and hoping) she has some interesting history since they havent revealed anything about her yet.

im glad the drama is doing well in the ratings. it shows that slice of life dramas can do well in korea too. i feel a lot of parents with high school students and their children will watch this because it could (potentially) portray the difficulty of studying in korea as well as show methods of studying that may work in real life. plus, everyone in korea wants to attend a prestigious university, and the brand name of the university really does help a person in korea though it isnt necessarily a guarantee. also, if this is following the manga and assuming the jdrama followed the manga, (spoiler)the drama will show people that failing to get into a prestigious university will not signal the end of everything; there are always other options.

--side note: im surprised this is doing the best in ratings. i thought jejungwon would appeal more to people especially for its cast and genre.--

Guest s0y0un*

i just watched episode 1 and 2 and i loved it! its my first time seeing yoo seung ho and now i know why everyone has been going crazy over him! i love the different scenes of each character. watching the grandma & yoo seung ho's relationship made me teary T_T and i like bae doo na's character lol she's so fit for it! cant wait for the upcoming episodes

Guest boraah

Nationwide Ranking / Show / Network / Nationwide Rating / Seoul Rating / Seoul Ranking {if different from Nationwide}

4. Master Of Study (KBS2) – 18.5%, 19.3%

7. Jejungwon (SBS) – 15.8%, 16.4% (#6)

12. Pasta (MBC) – 11.9%, 12.9% (#10)

God of Study begins with a bang!

04 Jan 2010

Is it just me or does KBS keep getting lucky with their dramas? First there was Boys Over Flowers, then IRIS, and now God of Study. It looks like KBS is starting 2010 on a good note!

God of Study aired its pilot today and received a viewer rating of 15.1%. The new drama took first place for the time slot and beat out SBS' JaeJoongWon and MBC's Pasta.

Why is it such a hit? Maybe it's because of the stellar cast including idol member Jiyeon of T-ara and "Nation's Little Brother" Yoo Seung Ho. Not to mention, "the girl from The Host" Go Ah Sung and Bae Doona. There is also Kim Sooro, who has been acting for 12 years and is now finally starring in his first drama!

I only got to see a part of it so far but it actually seems pretty good. Do you think God of Study will follow in IRIS's, the previous drama in the time slot, footsteps and succeed till the end?

credit: allkpop

Will be watching this on vikii later. It isn't completely subbed but I'm bored and I wanna watch it! This really looks fun, and jdrama-ish. I think I'm going to like it. Plus the cast looks great, I love YSH! We have the same birthdate! Kekekeke. Also the T-ara girl and Go Ah Sung looks like a great actress, and the other boys too, the music guy is really cute!

just finished this two new episode... ...I really like Japanese version..look like Korean version also good..I really really enjoy it....but still wait for eng subtitle...don't understand a bit...just want to ask about Ji Yeon character.. is she Hwang Baek Hyun (YSH character) girlfriends??? or only she like him??

Ji Yeon are soooo cute in this drama... but until now still don't have show her background family... I hope she will have cuz all of four of them were already show... I hope it not like Japanese version.... want to see her more!!!

Seung Ho ... what I can't said??? he always good.. I really like him.. his acting in this drama are so good.. really feel his sadness .... and the boy who like dancing.. he is cute to :)

the ranting for this drama are really good..hope it can increase more and more.. huhuhu :P

Guest mayadee666

OMG! The 1st episode aired today, and now I have to wait for the english subs! ~

I am a huge fan of Yoo Seung Ho! & Jiyeon, being in it, is even better.~

I'm not sure if I can post these here... ? o.o

These are just some banners and icons I made with the pictures.

credit: Lord/God of Study soompi thread.

Sorry if they hurt your eyes. x_x

hey jodycolor, I'm gonna use one of your banners. Don't worry I'll make sure you get a proper credit from me.

thanks anyway. such cute icons and banners. hope you can make these kinds again in the future. ^^

Archived