[drama 2010] Lord of Study 공부의 신

Guest sayroo

im more excited for this drama (2 more days!) only because i remember enjoying dragon zakura. i hope the drama is able to add a korean feel to it like Boys Over Flowers, but have a good writing also lol. i'm going to try to catch the first episode (im in korea right now), but i don't think my aunt&cousin want to watch this... haha anyways, i hope this will be a nice, fun drama to watch :) i wish it luck! (oh and the cast looks good in the photos)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest C51236

Teen Stars to Play Leads in 'Master of Study'

[2009-12-30]

Source: KBS GLOBAL

Five teen stars are set to conquer the TV screen as the new year begins. The teens are the stars of the new KBS2 drama “Master of Study” scheduled to air from January 4.

Yoo Seung-ho takes up the lead role of Hwang Bae-hyeon, a stubborn, rebellious boy in a remedial high school. Ko Ah-sung plays Gil Pul-ip, who is diligent but lacks persistence and a knack for studying. Yoo and Ko, both 17 years old, are expected to appeal to viewers with their maturity.

Lee Hyun-woo’s character is a poor student who dreams of becoming a singer, and Ji Yeon plays Na Hyeon-jeong, a carefree girl who has no goals in life. The two are also the same age (18) and fresh young stars in real life. Lee Chan-ho, who plays Oh Bong-gu, a timid, obedient boy, is a young but veteran actor with 11 years of experience.

The drama deals with how these five problematic students come to join a special class that aims to send them to a top-notch university under the guidance of the teacher Kang Seok-ho (Kim Soo-ro).

Since these teen actors are recognized for their outstanding acting skills, expectations for the drama are running quite high. Other big names will also appear, including Byeon Hee-bong, Bae Doo-na, Kim Soo-ro, and Oh Yoon-ah.

Guest pau034

Wow!! I can't wait for tomorrow's episode.. This series is really interesting because of good casting..

I hope the ratings are high :P ..

And also, I can't wait to see Yoo Seung-ho oppa...

Anyway, thank you for sharing the 3rd trailer and pictures.. :D

Guest teukiie

Wow, Seungho & Jiyeon in the same drama :> Im excited to see Sooro's acting skills. (I'm a Family Outing fan xD)

PS: Will this be airing on KBSWorld? If so, when? :>

Yoo Seung Ho and Kim Su Ro Play Chicken in God of Study

study21.jpg

New stills for KBS’s upcoming God of Study feature lead cast member Yoo Seung-ho (who plays a rebellious teenage troublemaker) engaging in a motorcycle race with Kim Su-ro. Yoo Seung-ho’s character comes from a struggling household and delivers Chinese food as a side job; as they run into each other on the street, they exchange barbs and the situation escalates into a street race that has each guy cutting into the other’s path.

Kim Su-ro, who is a motorcycle enthusiast, said of the shoot, “Because of the cold weather, filming the motorcycle scene was painful, but it was also thrilling to be ride a bike on a set for the first time in a while.” Yoo Seung-ho filmed motorcycle scenes in his recent movie Busan, and said, “Riding motorcycles is a tough job. But the yellow bike is cute and fun, so it was fun to drive.”

God of Study premieres tomorrow, and it’s been a while since a night has featured brand-new dramas from every station. It’ll be interesting to see which one grabs viewers’ attentions most: God of Study, Jejoongwon, Wish Upon a Star (Pick the Stars), or Pasta. Which will you watch first?

20100104091741221340925.jpg

20100104091741221340925.jpg

20100104091741221340925s.jpg

Via Newsen

credit: dramabeans

Guest adikkeluangman

This drama look fun. I love the synopsis. Kim SuRo in this drama. It will air on first week of Feb at KBSW. All the best for this drama.

Guest pau034

Yay!! It will air tonight 9:55PM KST!! I'm gonna watch it via TVANTS!!! Hoping for torrent/download links later!

I think Haru2subs will sub GOS!! Yay! Thanks in advance!! Hoping for their subs!!

EDIT: Some screencaps. sorry for bad quality..

1051v9h.jpg

Seung-ho

125i1pc.jpg

Jiyeon

175k3s.jpg

Hyun-woo

20h6cm1.jpg

Ah-sung

I love the OST!! :D

Gosh!! I can't understand any word!!! Hoping for the subs soon! :)

Guest mayadee666

Argh! It's been airing now right? Awwww.... I can't wait for the torrent link from cute girl.

anyway, everyone who's lucky enough for watching it online, so how was it? Is it good? Is it interesting from the introduction? I hope it is! Because dang I like this kind of high school drama!

Guest catalima

Nothing exceptional on this first episode, except the actor's performance. The were all great.

I think this is episode was a little slow, too many flashback and sometimes unnecessary dialogues. However I like the way they introduce the characters, so everyone can know their background.

It's interesting to see what people think about the students. Totally fits the drama.

I felt bad for Pul-ip. Her mother doesn't think about her, or her studies at all.

Yoo Seung Ho plays well Baek Hyun and its maturity.

JiYeon was so cute, like her character XD I hope Hyun Jung, Chan Doo, Bang Goo will appears more ^^;;

Tomorrow's episode will be probably be better since all the main character have been introduced on this episode.

I need to watch it again, though, I wasn't concentrated while watching it XD

i watched the first episode live (this is my first time watching any drama live! woot! lol) anyways, the episode felt very slow and nothing spectacular happened; however, that is understandable and expected because the first episode usually introduces the main characters. (at the same time, i was hoping for something to happen). i think the episode did a good job of showing the environment each student lives in (except hyun jung aka ji yeon; her background hasnt been shown yet). i think each person portrayed their characters pretty well. the drama so far seems to follow the jdrama closely in terms of story, but that is probably because the dramas stem from the same manga; however, i think there is still a Korean-ness to the drama that the kdrama vers of He who can't get married failed to incoporate. anyways, i hope the second episode moves faster though or else it wont be able to hold onto or attract an audience.

Archived