Seven, Kangta & Vanness

Performances at MTV ASIA AWARDS 2006
MTV Asia Awards 2006 Honours The Best From West And East With Revolutionary Duets And World Debut Performances (May 6, 2006) Thailand - The Siam Paragon in Bangkok was illuminated with international and Asian stars celebrating the fifth spectacular MTV Asia Awards 2006 on Saturday May 6. Jointly hosted by multi-talented Kelly Rowland and Asian heartthrob Wang Leehom, the MTV Music Awards 2006 will air on MTV Thailand premiering at 11pm on 6 May and on MTV SAM at 12am on May 7. Pan regional award winners included Green Day (Favourite Rock Act), Ricky Martin (Favourite Male), Kelly Clarkson (Favourite Female), The Backstreet Boys (Favourite Pop Act), Korn’s "Twisted Transistor" (Favourite Video), Simon Webbe (Favourite Breakthrough Artist), Jolin Tsai (The Style Award), Destiny’s Child (Special Achievement In Popular Music), Bird Thongchai McIntyre (Inspiration Award) and TERIYAKI BOYZ (Breakthrough Collaboration Japan). Local MTV territory Favourite Artists include Vicki Zhao (China), Twins (Hong Kong), Jal (India), Peterpan (Indonesia), Se7en (Korea), Mawi (Malaysia), Rivermaya (Philippines), Taufik Batisah (Singapore), Wang Leehom (Taiwan), Tata Young (Thailand). Winners were determined by MTV viewers throughout Asia, who voted via SMS and online. The night started off with a blazing performance of "Twisted Transistor" by Korn, and took off from there as the 4,600 capacity-crowd were treated to a true blend of East and West throughout the night. The MTV Music Awards 2006 hosts got fans on their feet with a medley featuring Wang Leehom’s Chinese Opera-inspired "Heroes On Earth" and Kelly Rowland's world premiere live performance of her new single "Gotsta Go." The first win of the night went to Se7en, who took the stage to accept his trophy for being chosen Favourite Artist – Korea prior to his performance later in the evening. Host city Bangkok got a special treat as Thai hip-hop group Thaitanium jammed with Simon Webbe in a rousing performance of "No Worries," and Webbe's Blue bandmate Lee Ryan partnered with Thai pop goddess Tata Young for their version of the classic ballad "Endless Love." As the night of award presentations and performances went on, the energy was palatable as Taiwanese favourite Jolin Tsai raised temperatures and eyebrows with a sexy performance of "Dancing Diva," Canadian singer-songwriter Daniel Powter got behind the piano and wowed the audience with a live version his massive hit, "Bad Day," and award-winning TERIYAKI BOYZ brought the house down with their first ever live performance outside of Japan. The night of star-studded action continued with returning favourites Hoobastank and Rivermaya taking the stage, and MTV's biggest night in Asia ended with Korea's Kangta joining forces with Taiwan's Vanness Wu for a rousing finale duet performance of "2nd Scandal." source: mtvasiaawards.com 72ms.jpgktp1fr.jpgmtv14cd.jpg note: Kangta&Vanness sang fast-paced upbeat dance type song. Very different from Kangta's usual ballad - similar to his H.O.T days songs. on red carpet..... 20060506thmaa049ll.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hyunbin_sweetie

thats soo kool kangta <3 and Vanness i cant wait to

hear there album and well cant really go wrong with

SE7EN hes such a kutieeeeeeeeeeeee =D

Guest xl0lxl0lx

^as much as i love se7en, i don't think even he can... lol

i don't like kangta n vaness's outfit either. i just noticed how feminine both their faces r.

Guest riviera_cacharel

seven lookin good

glad to see he won an award

mabye its the lighting but he looks tan ...i like

Guest jasmine_korea

well i feel strange when i look at Kangta & Vanness together i think they don't match well i didn't listen to the song so maybe itsa wrong judging.

But yeah he looks totally different i like his style.

Guest heartdrops

It took place already?!

I'm so sad that they don't air it on regular MTV.. I guess I'll never see all my hotties =/

Congrats to Se7en, and woo Kangta and Vanness!

Guest itsf0'y0'mynd

ew on se7ens clothes and ew on kanta&vanness newayz other then that se7en looks good face wise

Guest 177z_Aym

dong wookieee....gosh i can't wait to see ur perf....:wub:...

i'm not digging the gold outfit but..he still manage too look hot...i'm liking it =)

Guest sakura.s.

ahh, i cant wait to watch kangta and vanness...i havent seen kangta perfrom for a while!! :tears: congrats to se7en and oh yay, jal won, they have some great songs ^^

Guest se7ensg1rl

They all look great~

Se7en looks awesome. Vanness and Kangta are Fineee~ Kangta got hotter~ :o:D

Archived