[short.story] Eyes Of Red

jenny

These Red Eyes watched as Everyone Suffered. JENNY's GREETiNG Hello! *waves* Before I post my new romance story, I thought I'd post this short five-part horror story. It's a really different style from what I usually write, but I can be a flexible writer when needed =). Anyways, I'd just like to warn you guys that this is a VERY R-rated story. The descriptions in this and the events are crucially vicious. Those with a weak stomach or mind, please be warned about this story. Though I love readers, I'd rather protect you guys from vomitting or having nightmares, lol. And without further adue, here's the story!

EYES OF RED
Written By Jenny N.
Genre Horror and Mystery
Rated R for violent descriptions
Parts Five

Started May 5, 2006
Ended May 27, 2006
DOWNLOAD: Document Form

hishuaposter9il.png
Shua blue_carrot Joan version 2 Kiki Nai Noel version 2 Lynn uneeqstylez Fairy^Dust
*Thanks to all these lovely PSers for the posters! They will be on rotation<3

INDEX
00-01 Dreams of Crimson
02 Figures of Black Ash
03 Weaknesses of the Pained
04 "The sinners will recieve Punishment"
05 The Insane Protect the Sane

THE INTRODUCTION

First, you start at the face
Eyes, tongue, skin, and blood
Mix ‘em up, mix ‘em well for the taste
Then watch them sink in the pot like mud

Next is the torso with all its organs.
Rip out the heart and cut off its veins.
Feed it to the sinners we call demons
Oh, and don’t forget the brain.

Lungs of precious air be gone
Shrivel in the acid of our stomachs
We’re almost too full hereon
But it’s on next to the buttock.

Peel the meat off the legs
Chew them carefully, savor them, now.
Put the bones in kegs
And it won’t decay, if nature allows.

Clean up your face and hands of the mess
Get in your room and prepare for bed
And don’t pray for any safety, because I confess
You’ve been watched by hungry eyes of red.

PART ONE : DREAMS OF CRIMSON

Walking down the darkened streets of her neighborhood, the tired girl dragged herself up the steps of her townhouse. Her eyes were swollen from the crying she’d done and her body ached from all of the laborious work.

Quiet winds blew gently at her loosely tied up hair and the single lit street light flickered on and off. Finally finding her keys, she opened her doors and stepped inside. She closed the door behind her and turned the lock before proceeding into the kitchen for a cup of water.

Before she could step any further than her living room, she stopped short at a voice in coming directly from the kitchen. Stopping all movements, she listened carefully.

“…skin the flesh off the bones, squish them up into cones. Once the bones are all clean, ground them up like coffee beans. Pour the blood onto the flesh and sprinkle the bones onto the mess.”

Through each phrase, she could hear the grinding, the squishing as the flesh met blood and was compounded even harder. Her stomach flipped and her heart raced. Even though her mind screamed at her to run and run fast, her feet took her towards the scene. No control was held over her body anymore as her feet walked faster and her arms stuck to her sides obediently.

Once she reached the kitchen, she screamed. The blood spilt on the floor stained the walls and the countertops. She could see the body lying on the breakfast table with large incisions in its torso with flesh and skin hanging off of the table. Her stomach churned with each word the person spoke as they worked with their back to her.

Slowly, the body in black turned, its eyes on the heart that it held in its hands. She watched as it walked closer, unable to move away. Horror and confusion filled her and she watched as it stopped in front of her.

Her eyes widened before she screamed, looking into red eyes of sins.

--

“Lee MiYoung was found in the kitchen of her home, murdered viciously on her kitchen table. This is the fifth murder this month. If anyone has information…”

So JinSoo turned down the volume on the television and walked back to her tiny kitchen to prepare breakfast. There had been a large amount of deaths lately in her area, but it didn’t shake her much. Many people had already tried to move out, but because of the bad luck here, their homes weren’t selling. So on their streets; it was rare that anyone was found outside once the sun set. Not that it was much different during the day. Many called it ‘the road to death’. She had smiled amusingly at the name, finding that it gave her home a more ‘famous’ touch.

“Better get ready for work,” she mumbled while putting her empty bowl of cereal in the sink.

Her work consisted of listening to people’s life stories and trying to diagnose what was wrong with them. Yes, she is indeed a psychiatrist. Most of the time, though, she just sat around doodling on her notepad while the patient rambled on. Not that she didn’t listen, but it’s because of the fact that she can multitask that she is so skilled at her job enough to have time to just relax.

It took her little time to get ready and even less time to get to the office. Living just a few blocks away from it, she rode the bus and arrived in less than ten minutes. It’s amazing how she could be only minutes away from an appointment and still arrive just in time; the ups of having a job very nearby.

“Ms. So, Mr. Cha is waiting for you in your office.”

“Thank you, MiMi,” JinSoo said towards her secretary. She walked into the office to find Cha InWoo lying on the black chair for patients. His eyes were closed and his hands were rested neatly over his stomach. He was dressed in his suit, probably wanting to head to work but stopped by here for the appointment he remembered he had made.

“How are you, Mr. Cha?” She greeted and sat down in her chair, ready to start the session.

Slowly, he opened his eyes and turned his head to look at her. JinSoo had always found his eyes to be a strange color. Depending on what he wore, they seemed to always match with them. Today, his suit was a dark navy color, and his eyes complimented them, being a tint of grayish blue. But it wasn’t only his eyes that she found intriguing. His whole appearance was amazing, but she didn’t want to get off track with thoughts of that.

“I’m good,” he answered slowly.

She smiled. “Good. Now, tell me what’s bothering you this time.”

He turned his head to look back up at the ceiling and opened his mouth to start the long story. “I had one of my bad dreams again.”

Raising an eyebrow, she softly put down her clipboard and pen. It had been a while since she’d last heard of these dreams. He was one of her first patients and the first sessions had always been about these dreams of his. They were always filled with strange things, and sometimes, she’d get so deep into it that JinSoo would spend nights staying up and analyzing the dreams.

“What happened in this dream of yours?” She asked carefully.

He didn’t answer her question, but continued on with his description of the dream place. “It was covered in red. I couldn’t see anything but crimson red. The room I was in was dark, but the red was visible. When I walked around, my shoes echoed from somewhere far away. There was no door, windows or passageways leading anywhere. It was just a room of red.”

JinSoo furrowed her eyebrows. A room of red? What did this mean?

“When I turned around, there was a cypress tree in the middle of the room. It was just planted there; no soil or grass surrounded its base. I walked towards it and when I reached out a hand to touch it, the branches curled around my wrists and ankles. They pinned me against the body of the tree and from out of the red, large crows started to come out.”

Now, the story was going beyond imagination. JinSoo was about to question whether he was trying to just pretend these dreams for his own amusement. But what he said next made her choke on the water she had sipped into her mouth.

“They started to nip at my skin before biting, hard. And I watched as my skin was peeled from my bone, but no pain followed. It was as though I was a banana being peeled of my protective shell. They just kept peeling and skinning me. Once I was completely skinned with my blood dripping onto the ground under where I was hanging, the crows flew to the floor and started to devour my skin. Slowly it disappeared and once there were no more remains of my skin, they crawled back towards the wall and disappeared into it. I was left hanging skinless and running out of blood, but again, no pain could be felt.”

JinSoo carefully dabbed her mouth with her napkin and made sure no water was dripping anywhere. The story was gruesome, but to dream of such a thing must’ve been horribly stomach churning.

“Before I woke up, I could hear something laughing, and then a woman’s scream. Then, I woke up.” InWoo turned his head to the side towards JinSoo. “What does this mean?”

No words came to mind. This dream was, by far, his nastiest one she’d heard coming from his mouth. And he looked so calm about it, as though none of what he’d seen during his nightmare affected him whatsoever. Usually, people would be trembling or sobbing with fear of the signs in this single dream alone, but he laid there unaffected and awaiting her answer.

Taking a deep breath, JinSoo said, “I’m not sure if you know, Mr. Cha, but the Cypress Tree is buried in cemeteries to preserve the dead. This may have something to do with the fact that you felt no pain while being skinned alive.” She shuddered involuntarily before continuing. “And as for the crows, they are a symbol of death and destruction in Christianity, which could be why they were the ones skinning you and eating your,” she swallowed the lump in her throat, “flesh.”

He sat up slowly and looked ahead, as if contemplating the meaning of this. When InWoo turned towards JinSoo, his eyes were light brown, contrasting largely against his attire. She frowned at this, finding something odd.

“So you’re saying that this dream is foreshadowing a death?”

Clearing her voice she said, “Most probably your own death. But the room painted in all crimson red is sort of confusing me as well as the woman and person’s voice you heard. Did you recognize this scream at all?”

He shook his head slowly. “The scream was piercing. And afterwards, I could hear some slicing and grinding of something, but I couldn’t make out what the sounds were of exactly.”

JinSoo stuck her tongue out from the corner of her mouth as she quickly jotted down notes about his description of the dream. It seemed that he was getting worse instead of getting better. Because of his behavior as well, she worried for him. At their first session, he’d been more emotional and expressed his concern about what the dreams could do to him. But as she saw him more, he became more distant and unfocused. Indeed, she needed to be worried about him.

Getting up from behind her desk, she slowly made her way towards his upright sitting body. JinSoo kneeled down beside InWoo and placed a comforting hand on his left knee while smiling at him.

“I’m sure you’ll be fine. Sometimes, the mind tends to make up really wild nightmares, ones that may represent something other than what its real representation in life means. Maybe the skin peeling was supposed to be a fresh new start, something telling you that it’s time to leave behind certain worries you may have now. I may be your psychiatrist, but my word doesn’t mean the law. Though I recommend you follow my instructions, it’s best to also not take certain things too seriously when I say them. So just don’t worry too much about this nightmare of yours. If I find something absolutely wrong with it, then I will definitely let you know.”

He stared down at her in silence when she finished, wondering why this psychiatrist was so willing to help people who aren’t right in the mind, or, that’s what people told him anyways. Though he was a smart and very respected business man, he also had many troubles from stress and some traumatizing events that happened in his life.

JinSoo stood up and walked back over to her desk. She looked over her notes quickly before looking back up at him and giving another reassuring smile. “Just try to not overwork yourself and get a good night’s sleep. And be careful. Dreams are sometimes very strong things, so if anything to do with death is true then watch your surroundings carefully,” she warned.

InWoo nodded and got up, picking up his suitcase and bidding her goodbye, whilst she did the same. When he stepped out of the room, he could feel the secretary’s eyes on him. It was the usual women who eyed him so; the ones that loved his rich and cold self. It reminded him of another thing about his psychiatric that he liked. She didn’t show him any different treatment just because he was good-looking or famous for his work. Though he’d catch her staring at times, she never showed anymore affection beyond that.

“Have a good day at work Mr. Cha!” The secretary screeched.

He involuntarily covered his ears, scowling at the woman. Truly, god was trying to torture good-looking men by making them endure all the dumb as$ things some women did.

“Mr. Cha,” his chauffeur greeted. “How was the session?”

“Good,” he answered gruffly before entering the car.

The ride towards his work was exhausting because of the trouble his chauffeur had gotten them in, but he excused it because this was the only man that he trusted to be driving him.

--

JinSoo sighed as she finally finished work.

“See you tomorrow MiMi! And don’t forget, Mr. Park’s appointment is to be cancelled next Tuesday,” she reminded.

MiMi nodded and waved JinSoo off. Putting on her coat while walking towards the door, JinSoo pressed the down button for the elevator and waited patiently. Work ended around six for her, and by the time she got home, it was around 6:10. Sometimes shorter if she was in a hurry, but today she wanted to just take her time. It wasn’t going to be dark out since it was the summer and the days were a bit brighter.

While walking on the sidewalk with her hands in the pockets of her light jacket, her eyes wandered around the landscape. It was a busy city she lived in. Mornings were filled with people going to the market and getting to work as early as possible. The days lagged on and were later packed with wild kids of all ages coming out of school, glad to be rid of the educational environment. Then, later on at night, party goers and stress relievers went out for a bit of reckless fun to rid themselves of any worries or troubles. It was the usual Korea scene going on in the year.

As for the deaths, she had thought of them as the usual ones that occurred in certain areas a lot. Living in the city with loads of psychotic people, she expected it. It was one of the reasons her parents didn’t want her to move out into the city. They were afraid their baby girl would be harmed because of all the people you couldn’t trust. But of course, being the independent person she was, she took off and never looked back. Her parents forgave her, fortunately.

JinSoo’s mind then wandered to dinner. She usually had it with a friend or someone, but tonight it would just be her by herself it seems. Turning a corner towards the grocery store, she randomly pulled out her wallet and quickly checked how much money she had before closing it and placing it back inside of her wallet.

The grocery store she always went to wasn’t one that was that big. It was pretty small and all of the rows of shelves were squeezed together narrowly with only one person being able to fit between each row. But she liked it because she became closer with the people that owned and worked there. It reminded her of her home.

“JinSoo! Buying some dinner?” The cashier greeted kindly.

JinSoo nodded her head happily. “Yep! I’m just going to get some stuff real quick. It’s getting late.”

The cashier’s face went grim. “Yah, JinSoo, you should think about staying at someone else’s place. That area of yours where you live isn’t very safe. It gets me and the boss worried.”

Nodding her head in understanding, JinSoo answered, “I know, but there’s no way I could just pack up and go live somewhere else with all the things I have at home. It’d be too much trouble for my friends too. Anyways, let me go get the food.”

Seeing the cashier nod with a still worried expression, JinSoo turned and walked all the way to the back where the refrigerated things were. She needed to get some fish and vegetables. It wasn’t going to be a grand dinner she would make, but it’d be enough to fill her.

“Yes, just the one right there.”

She furrowed an eyebrow as she got closer to the two people conversing near the meat. It sounded like someone familiar.

“Thank you Mr. Cha. We’ll see you again soon!”

“Of course.”

Her eyes widened. What was Mr. Cha doing buying meat here? Didn’t he have trouble eating meat after his nightmare? She shivered just thinking about it. Then again, he really might not be as affected as his expression had said during the session.

“Maybe he’s just got a strong stomach,” she wondered aloud. Maybe he really did.

Continuing on with her shopping, she finished everything in just the amount of time she calculated she would. Without anything else to get, she headed home before it got too late.

When she reached her kitchen, her stomach felt upset. She wasn’t really sure why since she hadn’t eaten anything out of her ordinary lunch meal. Walking into the bathroom, JinSoo washed her hands and face to freshen up and try to settle her stomach. However, the pain got worse, so she just went to lie down on her bed for a little rest.

Well, a little rest turned into a long nap.

--

There was something there, something cruel. It was walking in the shadows with drops of crimson following it, dripping from something that it held in its hands.

She followed out of curiosity with no fear accompanying her. As she followed, the figure became larger and their surroundings started to form into an actual room until she found herself standing in a very familiar kitchen.

Her eyes turned towards the figure as it moved behind someone who was eating at the table, the figure’s hands up high with what she just noticed was a knife.

Out of instinct, she ran forward, her hands gripping the shoulder and twirling the figure around until she stared back into bright, red eyes.

JinSoo sat up breathing hard and sweating. She grasped her chest finding that instead of her stomach, it now hurt. Confusion ran through her though, when she found blood staining her fingers. Her heart rate increased and she looked around, jumping out of bed and trying to calm herself down.

When she saw her bed sheets, however, she calmed down immediately. The blood was nothing but her menstruation.

“Damn period,” she muttered while stripping and walking into the bathroom to clean up.

I hope you guys got through that alright! It's not much violence yet, but eventually it'll get worse xP
The second chapter will be posted shortly!

-Jenny

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest -Chloe.N

I'm so.. shocked.

That was so damn amazing.

Haha, I'm like breathless, it was so suspensful and

disgusting but it was amazing. Period.

<3 That was an incredible chapter,

I could feel every emotion.

Gosh. Haha, this has got to be the most captivating chapter ever.

I want chapter two. :[

Hope you post soon, because if your second chapter is as good as your first,

Oh boy.

Lmao. I can already tell your a great writer.

I'll be waiting for the next part :]

<3

-Chloe

Guest the kite

Oh God. Jenny dear, yet another brilliant fanfic by you. You are so talented, I swear. I love love love it.

It's so cold, suspenseful and so chilling that it's refreshing. Gosh Jenny post more :D

Guest faded_x_memories

I'm like soo shocked right now.. it's give me a quite horror feelings in my stomach too..it's a very good start ^^ well post soon

Guest shooshi

that poster gave me the creeps! and so did that chapter but i'm not gonna stop reading. because i loved it!

i'll be waiting for the next chapter.

and post soon.

Guest alluring^melody

wow, that short poem...was creepy but great! i love the chapter! everything was so scary and it got me sitting at the edge of my chair xD i wonder why mr.cha would want to eat meat, after that horrible and gruesome dream of his ._.;;

i'll be waiting for the next chapter! please post soon! :D

PART TWO : FIGURES OF BLACK ASH

Early in the morning the birds chirped as they caught the early worms in the glistening grass so recently showered in the sprinkler water. The sun was soft against the bright, blue sky and fluffy clouds. Even the neighborhood filled with deaths lately looked a bit brighter and livelier than it had been a few days ago.

The murders seemed to have been put on hold, as though the person was getting bored with hunting the same people from the same neighborhood. But they could just be planning their next move and every neighborhood had to watch out, for theirs could be next.

JinSoo had been more tired recently. She knew it was due to her menstruation period, but really, she felt more tired than usual. But nonetheless, she forced herself to go to work, despite MiMi’s protests.

“Ms. So, you are too weak to see the last patient! Please! I beg you to go home and take a rest,” MiMi continued to plead. She hadn’t given up since the last patient left.

But JinSoo was just as stubborn and refused any thoughts of going home early. Only one more patient and she could go home. Taking another Advil pill, she downed it with water and fixed her hair, getting ready for the next session.

“MiMi, let the next person in,” she ordered firmly, leaving no room for discussion.

MiMi’s head hung low as she dragged herself out of the office and to the main room. When she saw Mr. Cha, MiMi’s defense went up. She liked the man, but lately, whenever there were sessions with him, her boss seemed to become more tired than usual. It made her wonder what went on behind the soundproof doors.

“Mr. Cha,” she said stiffly. “Ms. So is waiting for you.”

He acknowledged her with a small nod before walking into the room and closed the door behind him.

The secretary’s eyes were still focused on it, as though she could somehow see through the thick oak door. Sighing, she tried to bury herself with calls and work and forget about any suspicions that were still bothering her greatly deep inside.

Inside the office, JinSoo greeted InWoo with a tired smile. “How are you doing, Mr. Cha?”

“InWoo,” he corrected. “Please, just call me InWoo. I’m feeling too suffocated by impersonal greetings.”

She sighed and nodded. “Alright, InWoo,” she paused, letting herself get accustomed to the name, “what is the problem today? It’s not another dream is it?”

The look in his eyes confirmed it. Inside, she groaned with fear. He’d scheduled an appointment everyday ever since the dreams had started again. It seemed that the dreams were all starting to come back every single night; all the more disgusting than the last.

“Please, save me the details,” she begged jokingly. “I’m afraid these dreams are getting more frequent, aren’t they?”

He nodded his head. “I even have them when I just nap for a little or rest my eyes. It just keeps flashing in my head. I don’t understand what they’re trying to tell me or what they mean.”

“Well,” she sighed, “Then please tell me this recent dream of yours.”

He finally reclined into the chair and placed his hands neatly over his stomach before starting. “This time, I was standing in a dark room. There wasn’t any light and I couldn’t even see my hands or body for that matter. When I tried to walk forward, I couldn’t. And all of a sudden, my body became stiff. I was like a stick buried in the ground. Around me, I could feel the room temperature becoming warmer and slowly, all around me, things started to pop out. I couldn’t recognize them at first, but one by one, they popped out and floated like they were on water. Eyeballs and ears were the first to float about me before there followed what looked like fingers and skin parts, still dripping free blood.”

JinSoo fought the urge to vomit. How many of these had she been through in the few days they’d met? Still, she couldn’t handle the details, so she zoned herself out for a little moment, just to catch her breath. Of course, when she came back into focus, the descriptions were worse.

“…and I could hear loud munching and as they chewed, the pieces were falling back into the pot, which I was in, full of body parts in the soup. The blood was mixing with the soup and as they chewed, they also threw in other parts, like the lungs and the liver. It was all chopped up and I could see the intestines being thrown in too. I remained untouched through it all, but still, I could see the thing above, eating and devouring as they continued cooking the person’s flesh.”

“Stop,” she called out weakly. “InWoo, have you been able to eat meat after this?” She needed to get him to talk about something off the topic of a cannibal.

He looked at her with a surprised expression. “After all these? No, of course not!”

JinSoo frowned. “I saw you at a grocery market a couple of days ago. You bought meat.”

InWoo turned his gaze to the ceiling before his eyes lit with recognition of what she was talking about. “Ah, that. I was just buying something for a friend. But standing in front of the meat made me sick. When I went home, I vomited, unable to hold off the feeling,” he confessed.

She nodded, relieved that the man wasn’t as strange as she had thought. At least he was normal, with the exception of these dreams.

“So, was that the end of your dream?”

He shook his head and that caused her smile to fall in exasperation while he continued.

“Everything remained the same, but the chewing stopped and instead a song was being sung in the background. They sang about their process while they used the body parts to make food.”

She shuddered and the chill ran deep into her bones. What kind of horrid nightmare had he been in?! The cannibalism in his dreams was far too cruel. Even she didn’t think cannibals did such things!

“…skin the flesh off the bones, squish them up into cones. Once the bones are all clean, ground them up like coffee beans…”

Before his song could finish, JinSoo cried out and held a hand to her stomach. Tears filled her eyes as the unbearable pain filled her to the max.

“Ms. So?” InWoo asked worriedly, the most expression he’d shown in a long while.

“I-I’m fine,” she wrenched out. “My stomach just…hurts.”

He frowned. “You shouldn’t work when you’re weak.”

“I’m here for the patients. What am I if I can’t be there for them?” She said before hissing as another pulse of pain throbbed throughout her.

“But if you’re sick, it doesn’t do any good.”

She was too busy to notice him walking behind her and carrying her up with an arm around her back and one under her knees. JinSoo looked around in surprise and didn’t have time to react for he had already placed her onto the patient’s chair.

“You should lie down. It helps more.”

Without questioning his word, she laid back onto the chair, already knowing that the pain would lessen. But she was surprised he would know such a thing.

“Do you want some water?” He asked.

JinSoo shook her head. “Mr—“

“InWoo,” he corrected.

She sighed. “InWoo, please, I’m perfectly fine. Nothing’s going to happen.”

“I think you should rest. I’ll just walk around while telling you the rest of my dream.”

His tone left no arguments and they went through the rest of the session with InWoo circling her as he told JinSoo his story while she lay on the chair.

--

When JinSoo got home that night, the pain never ebbed. She wanted to scream and rip out her hair at the cramps. Surely god had never wanted women to suffer so much?!

But of course, women suffered so much more than men , she thought.

The situation reminded her of the time when she was little and all her mother would talk about was how women were to follow the man’s wishes always. But she couldn’t do that; she had been a tomboy then and staying quiet and docile wasn’t a part of her personality. So in school, she’d debate over subjects that her teachers were amazed such a young child would know.

It became evident that she was a genius, even if she didn’t acknowledge it herself. Everyone around her began to shrink, communicating less with her when they found out that she was so different. So she flew through school without any trouble, skipping many grades ahead. She had so many opportunities to be rich, but she chose to be a psychiatrist, a job that couldn’t come easy just from smarts. It actually made her think out of the box and know more than she was required to know.

JinSoo smiled and lay back onto the bed, her hand lightly massaging her stomach. The pain was slowly easing away and that caused her to smile even wider.

Slowly, she drifted to sleep, her hands on her stomach and a smile on her lips.

--

The days were getting better for MiMi and her boss. They had more business now and JinSoo’s stomach pains were going away since it was nearing the end of her period.

“Ms. So, we’re booked today!” MiMi announced in awe. It was something that rarely happened.

JinSoo was happy, but she was also confused. It had been a while since her office had opened. Why did it suddenly become so crowded?

“Are you advertising?” She asked her secretary in suspicion.

MiMi laughed. “My friends are all sane ma’am. I don’t really understand this though. I wonder who could’ve advertised or recommended us.”

JinSoo shrugged, but quickly ran into her office when she saw an appointee walk through the front door.

In her office, she straightened her clothes and cleared off the desk, making sure everything was clean. It was her routine every morning, if she had time before the appointment of course.

A soft knock was at the door. She smiled and said, “Come in please.”

However, her smile faltered slightly when she saw InWoo walk through the door.

“InWoo?” She questioned. His name had come out without her meaning to. She wasn’t supposed to call them by their first names, but the way he insisted it constantly must’ve really stuck to her.

His lips curved upwards at the corners when he heard this. “I just came by for my appointment.”

She frowned. “Your name wasn’t on the list.”

“I’m Sung KimWoo, Lee Tia, Min InSoo, and Park KiBum.”

Her jaw dropped. “You’re the one that made all those appointments?!”

He smiled and nodded his head. “Correct.”

“Why?!” She shrieked, dropping her calm facade.

“Because you deserved a day off after all this work. Even though you tell your patients not to work so much, we can see how tired and exhausted you get.”

“But I need the money!” She blurted out in exasperation.

“I paid for all the appointments.”

Her eyes widened. “I think you’re going crazy Mr. Cha.”

InWoo threw his head back and let out a laugh. “I’ve been told that plenty of times. Now, let’s go out and get some food to eat,” he said while holding out his hand.

She looked at his face and then his hand, repeating the gesture several times before throwing her hands up in the air.

“Oh, what the heck.”

--

Though her days were usually filled with work, she found it comfortable to be out and having a free day. InWoo wasn’t such a bad person to hang around and she thought that it actually helped her to analyze his dreams if she could spend a day with him and see his habits.

He had more emotions when they were out. She had seen his smile more than once that day, finding it dazzling when he gave her a hundred watt smile. It didn’t happen much though, for most of his smiles were just small ones.

And he didn’t have such a stone face on anymore. But there was one thing that didn’t make sense: his drastic change from what he was a few days ago to this.

They had sat down to eat a bit of lunch after running around and shopping in the market. Easing her question into the conversation, JinSoo asked, “What’s all this about all of a sudden? You’re certainly acting strange.”

He just smiled at her. “I’m not acting strange. Being happy isn’t wrong, is it?”

JinSoo’s chewing slowed down as she stared at him. Inside, her control snapped. It was time to get the guy to a hospital. Something wasn’t right, she was sure. She had a gut feeling and those were usually always right.

“Let’s go InWoo. We have to get you to the hospital,” she said hurriedly as she grabbed the bags and his arm towards the bus stop.

When they got onto the bus and were seated, JinSoo looked over to InWoo to see why he wasn’t resisting. His reaction scared her all the more.

Instead of trying to get away, he was smiling as though nothing was wrong. Tears filled her eyes. She’d never get used to people with mental problems.

“What’s wrong JinSoo? Why are you crying?” he asked curiously.

JinSoo smiled through her tears. “Nothing. Let’s go to my house and rest a bit, alright?”

He nodded his head. “Sure!”

Looking out the window, JinSoo’s tears disappeared lightning quick when she noticed a black shadow that seemed to be flying along with the speed of the bus. Her mind immediately recognized it as the red eyed monster in her dreams. Before she could let out a scream, InWoo interrupted her gaze.

“Let me hold the bags.”

She gave it to him numbly, still affected deeply by the image. When she glanced out the window again, it was gone.

“It’s my imagination,” she said, and continued to repeat the rest of the way to her house.

--

“We’re here,” she announced softly as the two stepped into her living room. “Do you want something to eat?”

“A drink, please,” he asked.

She sighed and went into the kitchen, where he followed. JinSoo got him some water for him and placed it in front of him.

“If you’re hungry, feel free to munch on whatever’s in the kitchen. I’ll be right back,” she told him.

Picking up the bags, JinSoo brought them into the bedroom with her. She changed out of her clothes into a pair of grey sweats and a large, white t-shirt before walking back into the kitchen.

Before she called out to him, she stopped frozen in her steps. InWoo was eating with his back hunched over a bit, but that wasn’t what made her freeze. It was the whole scene of this. The kitchen, the person eating, the single light shining on him.

Turning her head slowly to her left, her eyes shook when she saw something moving in the shadows. It’s eyes gleamed with sins as it moved closer and her hands trembled as she felt shivers starting to run all throughout her body.

“S-s-s,” she stuttered, still unable to pronounce everything. Fear overpowered her body so badly she was glued to the floor.

When it was right next to her, JinSoo’s face was streaming with tears. The figure was all black and had no true form but what looked like a floating drape around it. It didn’t float, but walked on the ground. There was stringy, pitch black hair that flowed around its face, covering the details.

It moved towards InWoo’s form, hands held up high with a knife. JinSoo’s eyes widened and her voice box loosened.

“INWOO!”

Her scream rang into the night.

SINGLE REPLIES

-Chloe.N First reader!<3 thanks for your wonderful reply! lol, I'm glad that you enjoyed that first chapter! This one is sort of short of excitement compared to the first one, I know. The third one should spice up more though, ehhe.

bloo. Hello dearest! LOl, I haven't seen any of your works lately! You're like...the queen of these stories <3

faded_x_memories ack, I hope your stomach is alright xD

shooshi I'm glad you like it! haha, writing it gives me the creeps too xP

the-ultimate-nicole I'm glad you enjoyed it! You already found the answer as to why he eats meat, I'm sure x]

thanks for the replies you guys! This chapter is a probably more calm than the others, but it'll get worse I'm pretty sure. Today, I'm just short of violence lol. Hopefully you guys enjoyed that!

-Jenny

Guest -Chloe.N

Omfg. That was so exciting.

Gosh, I don't even know what to say.

This is just like those shows about murder,

where you want to just switch the channel but

you can't, and you just keep watching it and it's

so impossible to stop. Hahah, and then when you finish,

you're sort of shocked and you stare at the screen for a bit.

Lmao, this is what your story does to me!

Haha, it's incredible.

Very, very nice chapter <333

Post soonn :wub:

-Chloe

Guest faded_x_memories

omg it's damn creepy..it was following him right? cause he got the dreams and then she's going to be next i guess... -____- it make me not hungry anymore when I hear about devouring human flesh...and yeah some people are kind of a bit crazy these days doing stuff like this...people eating people..omg it make me sick that it's making me puke..><;;; well post soon

---

edit: Oh yeah! thanks for the pm ^^ can you pm me? hehehe.

Guest Mui

I totally agree with Chloe.N.

Basically its almost 3pm here I haven even had breafast nor lunch and my stomach was just rambling on.

Until I read your story. It has gone away.

This is a good diet plan! :P

I think Jinsoo is gonna be the next on list ain't she?

Update soon^^

Guest alluring^melody

wow that dream of InWoo was freaky O_O;; holy crap! x__x :x InWoo was suspicious for me at the beginning, and I thought he was the murderer xD but wow, a black shadow? o_o ._.; and eek...now she's going to be the next victim, i guess? :x >o>

thanks for the PM<333 update soon! :D

finally.. I have time to read this.. gosh you post such long chapters girl. JENNY! O__O OMFG.. you've got yourself a scary fic here. I'm so glad I read this fic... I can see everything so clearly in this fic with all of your great descriptions. This is probably one of the first horror fics I've read on soompi/in my entire life. so gory and gruesome. InWoo is a scary fellow, I guess that's why he's seaking counseling. lol...

What a cliff hanger... JinSoo should really move away now. I'd be scared to death after witnessing InWoo's murder.

MiMi laughed. “My friends are all sane ma’am. I don’t really understand this though. I wonder who could’ve advertised or recommended us.”

forgot an "a" lol..

PART THREE : Weaknesses of the Pained

She was walking in a black abyss, not sure if she was even standing on something. Everywhere around her was pitch black, yet she was still able to see her own body. But this fact didn’t help to soothe her fears at all. In fact, it only made it worst.

As she continued walking, she saw a dot of white. Making her way towards it with a moderate jog first before breaking out into an energy bursting run, JinSoo panted heavily. She felt herself drawn to it, as though something about the light would help take away the dark shadow placed upon her cowering soul.

The light slowly started to take over the entire place, causing her eyes to narrow quickly before her eyes adjusted. When the black completely disappeared, she stopped running, still heaving a bit from the exertion. Looking around her, she realized that it was now an all white room she had just stepped into. It was empty, but at least there was a floor.

Before she had a chance to take step forward, everything twirled around her causing her to become slightly dizzy and off balance.

When it stopped, she recognized the area she was standing in to be the kitchen of the home she grew up in. At the table sat her father, reading a newspaper like he did every morning, and her mother, eating docilely. JinSoo watched as a smaller form of herself came running to the table, grabbed a piece of toast, and ran out of the door with a wave and a shout.

Then, she was zooming forward, following closely behind the smaller form of herself. When she saw the school come up, her eyes furrowed. She didn’t understand what she was seeing and why.

Suddenly, sound was added to the memory she was experiencing first hand.

“So JinSoo, you’re needed at the principal’s office.”

Little JinSoo obediently got up and bounced happily down the hallway of her elementary school towards the main office and waited outside of the principal’s door.

JinSoo’s figure trembled as she watched her small self walk into the office and it closed with a final click. Her hands brought themselves up to her face, covering it in fear and hurt. She could feel her heart tightening and grabbed her chest in an effort to ease the pain.

No one around the office suspected anything. No one even took a look at the office the whole hour; none even wondered what was wrong.

Her mind raced with images and she could feel tears trying to find their way out of her fear filled eyes. Falling to the ground on all fours, the tears fell onto the ground as she sobbed. No one even cared that she’d been tainted that day.

When she looked up, she found herself running out of the office with tears running down her small face. Still, no one in the office acknowledged the child and continued to work, ignoring the little girl’s tears.

JinSoo got up and ran after her small self, tears still falling as the pain tightened inside of her. The two of them ran together, out of the school doors and off the school grounds. Forever, they seemed to run, and their tears mimicked their legs. Nothing made sense anymore. The little child would forever wonder what was the world made for; the older person, why such cruelties remained in the world.

It was only when the ground collapsed did JinSoo falling with her smaller self. She watched as little JinSoo clasped her hands together and prayed. But what looked like a praying stance took on something different.

JinSoo frowned, finding something particularly wrong. When little JinSoo turned towards her, her eyes were red. Bright, gleaming, eyes of devil red.

“JINSOO!”

She sat up quickly, her eyes wide with fear and her body trembling with bits of sweat. Looking to the side of her bed, she found InWoo looking at her with fear.

“I thought you said you’d be right back?” He asked with confusion. “I ate some cereal, but I was wondering if you were hungry.”

JinSoo shook her head shakily. “N-no, I’m fine. You should get home.”

He nodded his head. “My drivers waiting out front. I just wanted to say bye before I left, but you seemed to be having a nightmare.”

Weakly, she smiled. “No problems. Just go home. I need to get more rest.”

Once again, he nodded his head, but with a bit more suspicion this time. InWoo left quickly and JinSoo sighed to herself.

She got out of bed and knocked her head. “How could I have fallen asleep? I thought I’d seen him get ki—“ She stopped in the middle of her sentence, shivering when she remembered what she’d seen. “Ugh, two nightmares at the same time. He must be rubbing off on me.”

Stripping off her clothes and turning on the shower, she walked in and gratefully accepted the warm water as it caressed her body. A low moan of satisfaction escaped her lips and she started to wash up.

As she was lathering her body, JinSoo froze when a chill went down her spine. The water suddenly seemed to be slowly dropping temperature; losing the warmth it brought her body. The sponge in her hand slowly fell out of her hand as her hands shook and her eyes started to roll to the back of her head.

Everything was whirling turning black. There was a drop of crimson red that fell into the mix, causing the blend to be swirls of black and red. All that she could see were swirls of them all over the place. The temperature dropped to freezing as her arms automatically wrapped around her body. Somewhere, she could hear a voice speaking.

“…God doesn’t love sinners. Because you have sinned, you will pay the price. Every one of you will pay the price. Because you are damned to hell for betraying God’s way. You will all burn in hell but never die. A never-ending death so just that even God himself shivers from fear.”

The curse ran in her head over and over again. Her eyes slowly rolled back out and the water jumped automatically to warm again. JinSoo gasped and her arms fell to her side. She didn’t understand what was going on. It wasn’t a thing that happened to her a lot, but these events were starting to worry her.

“Maybe I’m going insane myself,” she murmured, and washed herself quickly. If anything strange were to happen again, she didn’t want to drown herself in the shower.

--

The next few days, the murders had started up again. It was in a more rich area though. There were three deaths so far. Each murder was from prestigious families. Every single person in the household was deemed as murdered, which was much different from the one person murders that there used to be. Many of the richer families paid for bodyguards and started to install much better securities.

JinSoo didn’t care for any of these though. In her head, she kept trying to analyze what was going on with her dreams lately. Usually, she didn’t dream at all. If she did, it’d be something about work or her family, but never like the traumatizing ones she had had lately.

“Ms. So?” MiMi called out, wondering why her boss just ignored her and walked straight into her office. Shrugging it off, she looked down at their appointment book and frowned to see that Mr. Cha was first and he also had the last appointment. Her mind started to wonder what exactly was wrong with him for requesting so many appointments. She also wondered why her boss allowed him so many appointments as well. “Maybe they’re dating?” She questioned aloud, feeling a bit giddy at the bit of gossip she’d just come up with.

“No, we aren’t,” came the reply to burst her bubble.

MiMi looked up at InWoo’s serious face and gave him a sheepish grin. “Hehe…”

He walked into the office without a second glance back, leaving MiMi frowning once again at HIS behavior.

“What is wrong with everyone lately?!” She wondered angrily.

--

“Are you alright JinSoo?” InWoo asked worriedly.

JinSoo smiled. “Please, Mr. Cha, my name is Ms. So.”

He frowned. Before he could say another word though, JinSoo shut him up.

“I mustn’t mix my personal life with work. So let’s keep it to formal names,” she explained. In her mind, she hoped it would stop the nightmares if she got more distant from him.

Slowly, Mr. Cha nodded his head. Lying back onto the chair, he started his story.

“I didn’t really have a nightmare this time. It was sort of like I was watching a soundless film.”

Her pen dropped the instant the last word left Mr. Cha’s lips. She closed her eyes and breathed through her nose to calm herself down. It was surely nothing, just a coincidence.

Nothing’s wrong with someone seeing things the same time that you did. she thought rationally.

“It was a little girl. She was running into some office and then a moment later, she ran out with tears streaming down her face. I followed her with a curious intent. There was this feeling in the pit of my stomach that something was wrong.”

So JinSoo, calm the fcuk down. Stop shaking! She scolded herself mentally while grabbing onto the edge of her desk. The room suddenly felt very warm; too warm.

“And then she stopped at a tree and her eyes seemed to glow. I watched as she clasped her hands together and…JINSOO!”

Gasping, JinSoo pressed her hand against her stomach and tried to ward off the aching pain. Sweat dripped from her forehead and another scream found its way out of her mouth. InWoo tried to lift her, but her body would spasm every time he touched her.

All JinSoo could hear was the same curse she’d heard when she was in the shower. The same curse that damned everyone sinful. It replayed over in her mind and each time it replayed, the pain grew stronger; so strong that she was forced into a fetal position and her shirt became soaked from the rise of her body temperature.

“…because the devil feeds off of your sins. The sinful are weak and they will receive an infinity amount of pain. They will constantly be peeled of their flesh, have it grow back, and be peeled once more. Their blood will be the milk of the demons and their intestines, the grand meals of the dead. The underworld will take these gratefully and then grow you back up again before feeding off of your sin filled corpse.”

The last thing she saw was InWoo staring from above her with eyes that looked brown, slowly changing to a crimson red.

SINGLE REPLIES

Chloe haha, I love you dear<3 thanks so much for reading! I hope this was sort of exciting/more bloody. Honestly, I think the first chapter is bloodiest of all as of right now x) Your story is just as addicting though! Must post-->my order :]

kimilicious thanks! I hope you enjoyed that chapter xP

faded_x_memories LOL, oh wow, I'm sorry hahaa. I didn't mean for you to lose your appetite! But yea, cannibalism=nasty. Just can't and refuse to ever meet such people.

Mui hah, you guys are all guessing JinSoo. You could be right though! I'm currently deciding which one to kill off :X haha.

lidool hero haha, thanks<3

shooshi hahaah, I think it's my fault for posting it at night in my area too. But I write them during the day since I'm too freaked out myself to write it at night o_o

the-ultimate-nicole aha, we're going to see who kills who ;]

smileyface(: lol, Thao is my inspiration man! I never get the ideas, but after reading a couple from hers, my mind sort of fills with things like that (i'm not sick, just overly imaginative xP)

kiki Glad that you had the time to read dear! LOL, InWoo is a scary guy. But yea, thanks for the mistake-proofing or w/e hehe. I fixed it <3

Yay, welcome new readers and returning ones :] I hope that chapter was better xD I see a lot of guesses as to who is going to kill whom. You guys will find out soon though ;] But I'm guessing the end of this is reassuring some people?

Don't get too sick from the descriptions though, you guys! And also, I apologize for any of you who might be offended by my mentioning of God in here. It's all make-believe here, so I'm not judging him by anything.

-Jenny

Guest PolkaDotz

JENNY!!! YAYYYYY!! A new short story by Jenny. I have time today—so I thought I’d go catch up on all the fics I haven’t read the past two to three weeks and BOOM—I saw your short story. And clicked in—and yeah. Here I am typing this. I’ll read tonight, comment tomorrow. :D

The poster looks soooooooooooo kjdkfjaslkfjdskl freaky. I was like whoah… I can see the blood red in it. Hrm. Well I’ll go reeeeaadddd away!!

--> jESS

JENNY~ (i can call you that, right? :D )

Hi! it's me, Susie. From . footprints & w e a k n e s s

first i wanna say thanks for coming to read my fics--it means so much. :wub:

second, I HAD NO IDEA YOU WERE SUCH A GREAT WRITER! goodness, these are so well-written that im literally feelin chills. (havn't read part three yet)

Well, yes--keep up the good work. i'll be looking forward to more of your writing. :)

OMG its like early in the morning here as I read this.

Thank god no gore. Hahaha.

Inwoo is the killer overall right? Or he's the accomplice...

Why must these killers kill? LOL sounds like a stupid question, but I think they're mentally challenged.

Are they striking those who got molested/raped before?! :vicx:

Hmm, but I think Jinsoo's gonna be the next one to die.

Poor girl, getting arhem, at such a young age ><

Thanks for Pming~ Update soon soon!

Archived