Why Is My Ip Banned?

Guest nekkid

I can't access soompi on my personal computer, but I can on other computers. Why is my ip banned? I don't recall doing anything wrong, and shouldn't I be notified of why my ip is banned?

Whatever the case is.. how do I get my ip off the ban list?

screen cap is at bottom!

Guest Chioster

I do not believe soompi even IP Bans. It is probably your computer settings. If your IP was banned, than your account would've been banned too.

Confirmed: Soompi does IP Ban but not occasionally. But in your case, you are not IP banned. Thank you william.

Guest miimisunshine

same with me.. well not sort of. i cant access it on my desktop but it is perfectly fine on my laptop. when i try to access soompi on my desktop the screen freezes

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Give a screenshot of what you get when ip banned, I can assure you you're probably not ip banned and the problem is just on your end.

I'll have a screen shot next time since I'm on another computer, but it says something like "You are not allowed to use the board" when I try to access the forum. I can surf anything on soompi other than the forum.

Guest Chioster

That is no where near being IP Banned. That just means something you are looking at DOESNT EXIST NO MORE. Or it just means you cannot use a function. Everyone gets that when something is missing.

^ Really? That can't be it, right? Because it says, "Sorry, you are not permitted to use this board"

If you look at something that doesn't exist anymore, usually it would say, "Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken" like this:

dd2a8l.png

Right? Or am I confused? lol

Guest Chioster

Or a Spammer couldve used her IP and caused it to be banned, you never know. But in her case, it shouldnt be an IP Ban. But in the end, coming off very directly saying you got IP Ban when you aren't certain is kind of :ph34r:

Guest Chioster

What couldve happened is someone used her IP and got it banned. Or it could be a server error. Notice why her SN isn't banned? That is why I made a mistake at first. If she was IP Banned, shouldn't her SN be banned to?

For 99% of Soompi users... IP addresses are not like your social security number, phone number, or address where it is unique to you. Most of the time IP addresses are shared among others within your internet provider. So even if your "current" IP is banned for some reason, it probably has nothing to do with you and was probably banned due to another person who previously had the ip address. We ban a small number of ip addresses and/or ranges for security purposes based on activity we see coming from those ip addresses. In most cases these bans are only temporary to mitigate the problem and released after a few days and/or weeks. Hence it is IMPOSSIBLE to know who an ip ban would affect next.

What is your ip address? I will review it and release it if qualified. In the case of repeated issues with the offending IP, we will not release it's ban. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do in such case. Your ip address will likely change over time (sometimes days, weeks, etc).

• 4 years later...

nekkid wrote: »

I can't access soompi on my personal computer, but I can on other computers. Why is my ip banned? I don't recall doing anything wrong, and shouldn't I be notified of why my ip is banned?

Whatever the case is.. how do I get my ip off the ban list?

screen cap is at bottom!

You can contact the administrator of this website to get unban your IP address and ask him to know the reason why he was banned from this website.Otherwise change your IP address and then try to visit this website again by creating another account.Before or after changing your IP address,you can check it using Ip-details.com .

Don't encourage them to circumnavigate the ban!

Archived