Song Seung Hun 송승헌

Admin

class="cb b15"Dr. Jin: When Lovers Become Siblings

image.jpg?w=600

It's not unusual for kdrama plots to be rewritten as a show is airing, but what is not common is for the relationship between characters to be rewritten after a show has already aired.

That is what is going to happen when "Dr. Jin," the recent kdrama about a time-traveling doctor, will be shown in Japan.

The series will air with the same number of episodes and follow the same general plotline, but there will be some surprising changes.

In the Japanese version, due to air May 25, the characters Jin Hyuk, played by Song Seung Hun, and Hong Young Rae, played by Park Min Young, will become siblings instead of lovers.

That's a pretty significant change and according to the station, it was done to amp up the time travel element of the drama.
This change was noted on a webpage on Japan's hallyu channel DATV, which describes Young Rae, as Jin Hyuk's little sister, who also works with him in the same hospital.

Changing their relationship means that all the love scenes between the two characters are going to be deleted. These scenes will be replaced with new scenes featuring child actors and narration from Song Seung Hun.

Ironically, what will not be changed are the major alterations already made to the Japanese story that make it more relateble to Korean viewers.

The story of "Dr. Jin" is based on "Jin," a manga written by Murakami Motoka. The original comic featured a talented brain surgeon who travels to the 1860s and practices medicine there. When the series became a kdrama, the story's Japanese characters of the 1860s were replaced by Joseon Dynasty figures. That will remain the same.

Although there was a popular Japanese drama version of the show in 2009 and a popular sequel in 2011, the Korean version is highly anticipated. That interest is mainly due to two of its stars, Song Seung Hun and JYJ's Kim Jae Joong, who are very popular there.

Jae Joong, who plays a love-struck military officer in "Dr. Jin," has appeared on Japanese television before. He debuted in "Heaven's Postman," a made-for-TV movie, made by Korea's SBS and TV Asahi in Japan. He also appeared in the series "Sunao ni Narenakute," a show about a Korean doctor who moves to Japan.

His Japanese concerts with JYJ sell out almost instantly.

It will be interesting to see if such a major change in a kdrama improves it or makes it less appealing.

source : KDramaStars

Guest ann_1

Hi willenette! Thanks for the news. The rating is small, but that's it, we'll see what happens. Let's see if SSH and his colleagues are loved, appreciated in Korea. From what I've seen, SSH is loved and appreciated more in other countries. I watched the first episode of WAML, but without subtitles, and I liked it. I'll see him again with sub. eng...SSH is expressive and beautiful, it's very good, very talented. It's a pleasure for me to see in movies and series this wonderful actor.  I do not care what others think, for me SSH is a great actor. Only in a tree full with fruit, people throw with rocks. I wish him to SSH and the entire team WAML all the best. All the best to everyone!  :)>-  :x
http://www.pp11.com/upfiles/tmt73270.jpg

Guest ann_1

"When A Man's In Love" Sin Se-kyeong offers herself

Source | 2013/04/03 | Permalink 

photo297237.jpg

Sin Se-kyeong tried to 'sell' her body to pay the debts to Song Seung-heon.

On the first episode of the MBC drama "When A Man's in Love", Seo Mido (Sin Se-kyeong) who worked so hard to get her studies done, even in the poorest of times, was faced with Han Tae-sang (Song Seung-heon) whom her father Seo Kyeong-wook (Kang Shin-il) had borrowed money from.

As Seo Mido had no way to pay back the money that was swollen with interest, she suggested writing a contract to exchange her body for her father's debts.

Tae-sang agreed to this and took her to a hotel.

Tae-sang then said, "I will spare you. Just pay back the original price with your father. Now go home". He showed consideration for her as he added, "I think you're too young to understand the world right now but don't let go of yourself like this".

Source : tvdaily.mk.co.kr/read... ( English )

http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-when-a-man-s-in-love-sin-se-kyeong-offers-herself--54578.html

Guest ann_1

When A Man's in Love Episode 2 ( April 4 )

http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/when-a-mans-in-love-episode-2/

Wow - loads of pics to see from his new drama!  Thanks for posting it ups, ann_1!  Do you mind posting it up in his drama thread too?

:\">

Guest ann_1

Epic said:

Wow - loads of pics to see from his new drama!  Thanks for posting it ups, ann_1!  Do you mind posting it up in his drama thread too?

:\">