Song Seung Hun 송승헌

Admin

*** Player 2 has pretty much the same vibe, just with a slightly  different cast. Song Seung Heon leads his varied crew again in the second season of the funny, action-packed series, Player 2.   :happydance:

Player 2 poster

screenshot_20240507_141032_instagram7058

Song Seung Heon, Oh Yeon Seo, Lee Si Eon, Jang Gyuri, And Tae Won Suk Are Ready To Outsmart The Corrupt In "The Player 2: Master Of Swindlers"

20240507085838_the-player-2-poster.jpg?s

tvN’s upcoming drama “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” has unveiled a new poster!

The highly-anticipated sequel to OCN’s hit 2018 series “The Player,” “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” is a heist drama about a squad of talented swindlers who target the wealthy and corrupt by stealing dirty money that has been obtained through illegal means.

The new poster captures the essence of the series, depicting the genius con artist Kang Ha Ri (Song Seung Heon) and his squad gathering around a strategy table, ready to empty the pockets of villains who have exploited others for their wealth.

Sitting on the table is the mysterious figure Jung Soo Min (Oh Yeon Seo), who suddenly appears before the squad, adding an element of unpredictability to their new schemes.

In the poster, the master hacker Lim Byung Min (Lee Si Eon), known as the “hand of God” for his ability to breach any firewall, is seen at his laptop, while the formidable fighter Do Jin Woong (Tae Won Suk) boasts an impressive physique with clenched fists. Furthermore, the inclusion of Cha Jae Yi (Jang Gyuri), the crew’s newcomer driver, and the accompanying car emphasize the expertise of each team member in their respective fields.

the-player-2-poster.jpeg

Catch the teamwork of this new crew in “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers,” premiering on June 3 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

credit : soompi news

Watch: Song Seung Heon And His Team Unite To Battle Stronger Villains In “The Player 2: Master Of Swindlers” Teaser

20240513043117_the-player-2.jpg?s=900x60

“The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” is an action drama following a group of talented individuals in their respective fields who target wealthy and corrupt individuals, stealing illicitly obtained money.

The teaser opens with Kang Ha Ri (Song Seung Heon) and his team working together with Jung Soo Min (Oh Yeon Seo) to steal dirty money from the affluent. Lee Soo Hyuk and Heo Sung Tae make formidable appearances, possibly portraying the drama’s antagonists. The teaser culminates with Song Seung Heon, Lee Si Eon, Tae Won Suk, and Jang Gyu Ri facing off against the antagonists.

Kang Ha Ri and his squad promise an even more thrilling story as they strive to defeat the villains and uphold justice.

“The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” is set to premiere on June 3 at 8:50 p.m. KST. Watch the teaser below!

*** Seasonal dramas are a common form of series in the U.S., but they had not been introduced in Korea for a long time until recently. Recently, such “seasonal dramas” are on the rise and a representative one is tvN “Player 2”, which will premiere on May 3. This is a follow-up to “Player,” which was released on OCN in 2018.   :coolshades:

20240513213250095ftqc.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20240513213249772?f=m

*** tvN’s “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” has unveiled a new poster! They're all “swindlers.”  The poster features seven of them gathered at the swindlers’ hideout. The phrase, “Us? We’re here to take you down” is written on the poster. This new tvN Monday-Tuesday drama is premiering on June 3 at 8:50 p.m. KST. I miss Song Seung Hoon on the screen! Can't wait for this drama!  :Twerkdatbutt:

player-2.jpg

source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/now/article/109/0005076600

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Song Seung Heon, Oh Yeon Seo, And More Show Off Their Teamwork In New "The Player 2: Master Of Swindlers" Poster

Spoiler

20240514092153_player-2.jpeg?s=900x600&e

tvN’s upcoming drama “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” has unveiled a new poster!

Amid high expectations for more complex and intense schemes with the arrival of stronger villains, the newly unveiled poster for “Player 2: Master of Swindlers” promises an exciting retaliation from these formidable characters, showcasing their powerful presence.

“The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” is an action drama following a group of talented individuals in their respective fields who target wealthy and corrupt individuals, stealing illicitly obtained money.

Notably, Song Seung Heon, Oh Yeon Seo, Lee Si Eon, Tae Won Suk, Jang Gyu Ri, Ha Do Kwon, and Lee Joon Hyuk are teaming up as the unstoppable “swindlers,” suggesting excellent synergy in this impressive ensemble.

The poster features seven talented individuals gathered at the swindlers’ hideout, each exuding overwhelming charisma. From the brilliant con artist Kang Ha Ri (Song Seung Heon) to the enigmatic woman Jung Soo Min (Oh Yeon Seo), the divine-hand hacker Im Byeong Min (Lee Si Eon), top-notch fighter Do Jin Woong (Tae Won Suk), new driver Cha J (Jang Gyu Ri), Prosecutor Kwak (Ha Do Kwon), and Director Hwang (Lee Joon Hyuk), their appearance hints at a seamless operation to dismantle the group of villains.

player-2.jpg

All seven of them exude confidence and composure, appearing formidable as they gaze down with determined and relaxed expressions, showing no signs of fear. The phrase, “Us? We’re here to take you down,” on the poster hints at their flawless collaboration focused on achieving justice, building anticipation for their seamless teamwork.

The dynamic team that will skillfully confront the villains awaits in the new tvN Monday-Tuesday drama “Player 2: Master of Swindlers,” premiering on June 3 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

June brings mix of action, comedy to small screen

404ce0d9-8064-4efc-aadf-2174e7f9fccd.jpg

TvN’s crime action series “Player” is premiering its second season on June 3. The series, which aired its first season in 2018, follows a group of talented people, called “The Players,” from different walks of life teaming up to help a prosecutor locate valuable objects from criminal organizations.

The upcoming series, “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers,” will pick up on the group, led by good-looking smooth-talker Kang Ha-ri (Song Seung-heon), once again using their talents to take down criminals.

The Players take on a job to investigate the illegal activities of a global company in Korea, but when the job’s just about to succeed, one of the players is killed by the company’s head. While taking on different assignments, the team plots revenge against the criminal executive.

The new season is directed by So Jae-hyun, who previously directed the 2023 series “Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon.”

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2024/05/688_374773.html

*** It's good that this will be regionally licensed to Viki.  :Ohboy3:

Watch: Song Seung Heon, Oh Yeon Seo, Jang Gyuri, Lee Si Eon, And More Take On Missions In “The Player 2: Master Of Swindlers”

20240521024636_player-2-6.jpg?s=900x600&

tvN’s upcoming drama “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” has released its main teaser!

The highly-anticipated sequel to OCN’s hit 2018 series “The Player,” “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” is a heist drama about a squad of talented swindlers who target the wealthy and corrupt by stealing dirty money that has been obtained through illegal means.

At the start of the teaser, a voice states, “In the end, the most important thing is money.” The scene then shifts to the swindlers getting into a car accident while being pursued.

In one intense scene, several individuals are shown aiming their guns at genius con artist Kang Ha Ri (Song Seung Heon), the leader of the swindlers. In another scene, Kang Ha Ri, with a determined expression, declares, “I will kill you,” as he loads his gun.

The teaser also shows Cha Je Yi (Jang Gyuri), the new driver of the swindlers, hacker Lim Byung Min (Lee Si Eon), and Do Jin Woong (Tae Won Suk), the team’s strongest fighter, as they carry out their respective missions. In one scene, Kang Ha Ri declares, “I don’t want money, I want revenge.”

Meanwhile, the mysterious Jung Soo Min (Oh Yeon Seo) is seen donning sunglasses and a smug smile.

Watch the teaser below!

“The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” is set to premiere on June 3 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

*** Recently, Song Seung Hoon appeared on the well-known host Shin Dong-yeop’s online program, mentioned that he had a heavy addiction to smoking in the past, and disclosed the main reason for quitting smoking. He mentioned that when he was a student, he liked running and playing football. He exercised almost every day. He did not feel tired after exercising all day, but he never felt out of breath. He said, "However, it was not until I went to play football after a long absence that I found myself out of breath after only running for 5 minutes. I realized for the first time that my body was not as good as before, and I was deeply shocked."   :kicks:

Song-Seung-heon-1.jpg

Song-Seung-heon-2.jpg

*** tvN’s upcoming drama The Player 2: Master of Swindlers has shared brand-new stills! The newly released stills give a glimpse of the tension between Kang Ha Ri and the mysterious Jung Soo Min. Even as they share a drink together, the atmosphere between them isn’t friendly. “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” premieres on June 3 at 8:50 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.   :Twerkdatbutt:

the-players-2-3.jpg

the-players-2-1.jpg

the-players-2-2.jpg

source : https://www.gpkorea.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=114074

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Song Seung Heon and Oh Yeon Seo Engage In A Tense War Of Nerves In "The Player 2: Master Of Swindlers"

Spoiler

20240521090013_the-players-2.jpg?s=900x6

tvN’s upcoming drama “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” has shared brand-new stills!

Song Seung Heon will be reprising his role as the slick con artist Kang Ha Ri, who is the mastermind behind the squad’s elaborate schemes. Oh Yeon Seo will take on the role of Jung Soo Min, a mysterious enabler and observer who leads Kang Ha Ri back into the game. As the one who gathers the swindlers for a grand scheme, she is a strategist full of leadership and charisma.

The newly released stills give a glimpse of the tension between Kang Ha Ri and the mysterious Jung Soo Min. In the first set of photos, Kang Ha Ri is captured holding a red card that appears to have been handed to him by Jung Soo Min. The look on Kang Ha Ri’s face as he looks at Jung Soo Min, who seems like she might turn around at any second, hints at the intriguing relationship that will develop between them. Viewers can’t help wondering about the irresistible offer Jung Soo Min will make to Kang Ha Ri that leads him into an even bigger game.

the-players-2-4.jpg the-players-2-3.jpg

The next set of stills also captures the tense dynamic between Kang Ha Ri and Jung Soo Min. Jung Soo Min, whose identity is shrouded in mystery, is as meticulous and calculating as Kang Ha Ri, the leader of the swindlers, so neither of them will be an easy opponent for the other.

As a result, even as they share a drink together, the atmosphere between them isn’t friendly; instead, they exchange sharp glances, trying to read each other’s moves. As the war of nerves between the two strategists intensifies, attention is focused on whether Jung Soo Min will become Kang Ha Ri’s greatest ally or whether she has a carefully planned trap in store for him.

the-players-2-1.jpg the-players-2-2.jpg

“The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” premieres on June 3 at 8:50 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

*** I've watched the S1 of this drama and S2 returns after nearly six years. What’s more important to a swindler than money? In S2, the swindlers are back with an even bigger and bolder plan. tvN’s Player 2: Master of Swindlers will air June 3 in the Monday-Tuesday slot. I am excited to see Song Seung Hoon back in my small screen soon. This looks good, too!   :ohboy2:

*** During the May 20 episode of the YouTube show, 'Zzanbro' where  Song Seung Heon guested, Song Seung Heon also revealed another reason he quit smoking. He revealed, "my then-girlfriend told me, 'Hey, you really should quit smoking.'." "When I asked her why, she said, 'Your breath stinks.'." He added, "I stopped smoking on that very day. Seriously."   :Megalol:  :kitty:

201934965_700.webp

source : SBS Star

*** tvN’s upcoming drama “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers has shared new stills! The genuine camaraderie among the close friends shine through. “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” is set to premiere on June 3 at 8:50 p.m. KST.   :Twerkdatbutt:

the-player-2-2.jpg

the-player-2-still.jpg

the-player-2-master-of-swindlers-2.jpg

source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/article/009/0005307475

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Song Seung Heon, Lee Si Eon, Tae Won Suk, And Jang Gyuri Show Unmatched Chemistry In "The Player 2: Master Of Swindlers"

Spoiler

20240523090257_player-2-1.jpeg?s=900x600

tvN’s upcoming drama “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” has shared new stills!

The sequel to OCN’s hit 2018 series “The Player,” “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” is a heist drama about a squad of talented swindlers who target the wealthy and corrupt by stealing dirty money that has been obtained through illegal means.

The newly released stills grab viewers’ attention, featuring impressive characters led by the master con artist Kang Ha Ri (Song Seung Heon), handling everything from strategy to performance. He’s joined by the brilliant hacker Lim Byung Min (Lee Si Eon), infiltrating all computer networks on-site, the skilled fighter Do Jin Woong (Tae Won Suk), who takes down enemies with sheer physicality and combat skills, and the nimble new driver Cha Je Yi (Jang Gyuri), whose performance determines success or failure. These images showcase the seamless teamwork of these individuals, now operating as one unit.

The genuine camaraderie and playful energy among the close friends shine through, smoothly shifting from casual banter to serious focus during missions. Their seamless on-and-off dynamic is immediately noticeable. Before engaging in action, they plan and discuss with professionalism. However, once on the mission field, they operate with a natural yet purposeful demeanor, demonstrating their impressive synergy.

the-player-2-2.jpg

the-player-2-still.jpg

the-player-2-master-of-swindlers-2.jpg

the-player-2-master-of-swindlers-still.j

“The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” is set to premiere on June 3 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

*** On May 20, during Song Seungheon's appearance on Shin Dong-yeob's YouTube show "Jjan Bro, he reminisced about the time when he nearly got removed from his debut project "Three Guys and Three Girls" back in 1996. Song Seungheon said, "Remember 'Three Guys and Three Girls' was a sitcom that I made debut with? I wasn't ready to act at all though. I had received a call from the broadcaster about a week or two before day one. That's when they gave me a script as well. Imagine how awkward it would have been to act on site for me. I felt really pressured too. I stayed up all night memorizing and practicing my lines, but my acting was still horrible. On the other hand, all the other leads, including you, Dong-yeob, were purely amazing at your work. I mean, Dong-yeob would even come in with a red face. When I asked what happened to his face, he would tell me things like, 'I had too many drinks last night.' That's when I realized that acting involves talent to a certain extent." Chuckling, Shin Dong-yeob said, "When I first saw you, I was like, 'Wow, he's going to make it big.' But as soon as you started acting, I thought to myself, 'Oh sxxt. We're so screwed," which prompted laughter from everyone in the studio. After laughing together, Song Seungheon commented, "Our shootings were scheduled for every Thursday, and I often found myself wishing that the MBC studio would catch fire on Wednesdays. Then I wouldn't have to go to the set. I got scolded whenever I was there, you know. Since others were such professionals, I was the one who kept messing up. So, we had to do multiple retakes because of me. Every day was really tough for me. Because I was so terrible at acting, they started even thinking about letting me go at one point. And I've got to thank Dong-yeob for saving me then, as he told them, 'Let's give him another chance.' I still owe you for that, Dong-yeob."   :kaching1:

201936154_700.webp

4 K-Dramas And Movies That Feel Like Summer

Summer is nearly here, which means you get the yearly permission to relax and make the most of the warm days ahead.

It is also the perfect time to chill with your favorite K-dramas. Summer is often a metaphor for nostalgia, the first brush of love, a time to rekindle a long-forgotten romance, or even start afresh. Here are four K-dramas and movies which celebrate summer in its many shades and even have summer in their titles.

“Summer Scent”

summer-scent.jpg

Min Woo (Song Seung Heon) is heartbroken after the tragic demise of the love of his life Eun Hye (Shin Ae). Unable to move on, he goes abroad to study. In the meantime, unbeknownst to him, Eun Hye’s parents decide to donate her organs so that someone else can get a new lease on life. Hye Won (Son Ye Jin), has been suffering from a heart disease, and she becomes the recipient of Eun Hye’s heart. So what are the chances that Min Woo and Hye Won cross paths? It seems destiny has its plans at work. Hye Won is engaged to be married and encounters Min Woo. But why does her heart lurch at the sight of this woebegone-looking man? And can Min Woo’s broken heart finally mend, and will he ever be able to move on?

“Summer Scent” is a romantic melodrama, which comes with its share of love, pain, tears, and heartbreak. The arresting charms of Song Seung Heon and Son Ye Jin, as well as the push and pull between their characters, make this the perfect nostalgic binge.

Watch “Summer Scent”:

Watch Now

*** The energetic cast of Player 2 attended the press conference a few days ahead of the drama premiere, which is slated on June 3 on tvN. Song Seung Heon mentioned that viewers would be hooked after watching the first two episodes, and I do hope his words will ring true.   :heart3:

20240528_1601508611093776550135686.jpg?w

photos source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2024/05/28/player-2-press-conference-highlights-trailer/

*** In the afternoon of May 28, an online press conference for tvN's new series "The Player 2" was held. The event was attended by the director as well as actors Oh Yeon Seo, Song Seungheon, Lee Si Eon, Tae Won Seok and Jang Gyu-ri. Oh Yeon Seo shared a funny story from the shoot, "Early in the series, my character uses her looks to get what she wants from Ha-ri (Song Seungheon's character). We shot that scene when we were already very close, which made it awkward for everyone. Everyone was like, 'Oh gosh, this is just too hard to watch.' Song Seungheon especially hated it. After the shoot, he was like, 'Oh, come on! We're family! Let's not do anything like that to each other!' I wish we had filmed it when we were still awkward with each other. I feel like it would have turned out better that way."   :Fist1:

201938070_700.webp

201938072_700.webp

*** tvN’s upcoming drama “The Player 2: Master of Swindlershas shared new stills ahead of its premiere! “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” is set to premiere on June 3 at 8:50 p.m. KST.  :blush:

song-seung-heon-3.jpeg

The-Player-2-3.jpeg

source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/now/article/311/0001731369

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Song Seung Heon, Lee Si Eon, And Tae Won Suk Return With Upgraded Teamwork In "The Player 2: Master Of Swindlers"

Spoiler

20240530113726_The-Player-2-3-1.jpg?s=90

tvN’s upcoming drama “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers” has shared new stills ahead of its premiere!

Song Seung Heon will be reprising his role as the slick con artist Kang Ha Ri, who is the mastermind behind the squad’s elaborate schemes. Lee Si Eon will also reprise his role as the brilliant hacker Lim Byung Min, while Tae Won Suk will return as top-notch fighter Do Jin Woong.

Spoilers

Kang Ha Ri, alongside his hand-picked team of hacker Lim Byung Min and fighter Do Jin Woong, has been executing justice by emptying the pockets of villains. They’ve also successfully taken down those behind his father’s incident, forming bonds as strong as family.

song-seung-heon-3.jpeg

lee-si-eon-3.jpeg

tae-won-suk-3.jpeg

However, when their driver Cha Ah Ryeong (Krystal), a crucial team member who had been with them throughout their journey, is killed by the villains and the remaining players become fugitives, they find themselves cornered with nowhere to turn.

Their return to the game is sparked by the appearance of Cha Je Yi (Jang Gyuri), Cha Ah Ryeong’s younger sister, and a mysterious woman named Jung Soo Min (Oh Yeon Seo), who offers them an intriguing proposal.

Kang Ha Ri, who saved Lim Byung Min and Do Jin Woong from peril, and the two who aided Ha Ri in his revenge, are not only each other’s saviors but have also shared the pain of losing a comrade, experiencing life’s highs and lows together. Given their history of strong bonds and teamwork, expectations are high for their upgraded collaboration in their relentless pursuit of justice.

The-Player-2-3.jpeg

'The Player' hopes to continue tvN's success streak

20240528050653_0.jpg

"The Player 2: Master of Swindlers" will be larger in scale than its first season, is set to hit screens with the goal of continuing tvN's successful track record. The cable channel appears to be on a winning streak with hit series such as "Queen of Tears" and "Marry My Husband" capturing audiences worldwide.

"The Player" series, which aired in 2018 on cable movie channel OCN, is making its comeback on tvN. Actors Song Seung-heon, Lee Si-eon and Tae Won-seok, who spearheaded the first season, appear in reprises of their roles in the second season. Joining the new season are actors Oh Yeon-seo and Jang Gyu-ri.

"The Player" series tells the story of Kang Ha-ri (played by Song), a skilled con artist who collaborates with his team of experts to steal from wealthy individuals.

Director So Jae-hyun, who helmed the series, said that the drama series will uphold the success that tvN has been enjoying recently. According to tvN's announcement of its performance in 2024, the cable channel took the lead in nationwide viewership ratings logged during prime time from January to the first week of May, on the back of hit series "Queen of Tears," "Marry My Husband," and "Lovely Runner."

The director added the second season will come back on a larger scale.

"Season 2 will set itself apart from the first season in terms of scale. The scale for the series is bigger than before -- we've also focused more on character development. Since we've switched channels from OCN to tvN, we've made the series more fun and exciting," said So during an online press conference held on Tuesday.

Song added that this time, the characters will be driven by different motivations.

"In Season 1, Kang Ha-ri's life underwent a profound transformation following the unjust death of his father, whom he admired as a role model. This tragedy propelled him to seek revenge. However, in Season 2, the characters unite and act for a different purpose," said Song.

Lee Si-eon, who portrays Im Byeong-min, an expert hacker, hinted the drama series has long-term plans to produce up to five seasons and will aim to produce a lasting impact like the hit crime flick series, "The Roundup," for which, four more sequels are planned.

The first episode of "The Player 2: Master of Swindlers" will air on tvN at 8:50 p.m. next Monday.

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20240528050674