[movie 2007] Hwang Jini 황진이

Guest Solly

Guest kierelun

sparkley chic : we are not going in circles, wanted to rebut on the issue on the length of the movie versus the drama series. if fans can cry for sequels to most dramas why is it so hard to watch a movie which is 2.5 hrs? if this had been produced and screened on television, would there be any outburst that it is too short or too long? if the movie is so boring & unbearable to watch, so will the drama cos both are historical period show. alternatively if they find too tedious to watch in the cinemas, why not wait and buy the dvd versions n watched it at home..

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kiwipina

Posted by honey_ping at shk thread:

For the first time in 7 weeks, a Korean movie, 'Hwang Jinee' leads advance ticket sales

Article summary:

According to CGV site (http://www.cgv.co.kr/), the movie 'Hwang Jinee' has bested Shrek 3 and Pirates of the Caribbean- At World's End to lead box office advance ticket sales. Even after opening day, online advance ticket sales and actual box office sales have been increasing, much to the delight of the Hwang Jinee team.

Ranking according to advance tix sales:

1- Hwang Jinee

2- Shrek 3

3- Pirates of the Caribbean

4- Miryang (Secret Sunshine)

5- Messenger

English translation by hyesa2 for hyesa.com

Oh, how happy I am now!

Guest kierelun

is the drama better or the movie? (i only saw the drama :))

let's not make comparison, a movie is a movie & vice versa, both are different in many areas. due credits should be accorded based on individual merits. comparisons will only lead to more ugly & unpleasant arguments. best to avoid clashes amongst the fans. just enjoy watching both genre and have pleasant discussions without being too critical.

Guest angel2nyt

N. Korea screening

photolocation1611111308tt6.jpg

photolocation1611111308eq1.jpg

photolocation1611111308by9.jpg

photolocation1611111308ce6.jpg

photolocation1611111308ud6.jpg

the movie started out with a 280,000 admission, its second day admission is about 80,000

oh by the way, thank you for the first analysis of the movie

someone has already posted this, but im posting this again

this movie might not be for all people

if you are into details and stuff like that.. a 2.5 hour movie is nothing..

Guest venice

angel, thanks for the picsies..

kiwipina and honey ping, gomawo for the ratings.. hope hj will continue to make big.. our shk have put a lot of efforts into it and of course d others as well..

I've done this too...but it was done lying on my sofa...much more comfortable than sitting in a chair shifting around every 10 mins. Also, I don't have to really pay attention to it to get the storyline, whearas in movies, you have to see the whole thing to understand the story.

With series at home, you can fast-forward the slow/undesirable scenes, but how do you fast-forward at a movie?

A 1 hr and some odd minutes movie is plentiful of time spent sitting in the theater....A 2+ hr movie better have some darn intriguing action sequence , or something interesting like Jewel in the Palace. Tt was long, but it keeps you on the edge with all the danger scenes. I hope this movie is not like the typical period drama, where there's a lot of talking between two people or a group.

Echan, why do I have a feeling that we're going in circles...the same idea stated in multiple posts? Haha :sweatingbullets:

I think people would have welcomed your ideas more if you already watched the movie and you can actually point on scenes that can be cut, much in the same way that Flower7287 made her comments which I personally view as a constructive comment. However you admit to not having watched it yet, so your opinion is only based on your own experience/knowledge. And if you're not involve in a company or a research institution that does scientific surveys and can say with authority what moviegoers like and don't like to watch, then I must say that your comments are limited at best, and thus, lacking in objectivity, so please do not wonder why some of us would not accept your point about long movies.

People watch movies not because they are long or short, but because of a variety of reasons. In the same way that you do not edit HJY because it is too long but because you want to make it more coherent, take out unnecessary scenes, make the pacing more exciting, etc. I sat through the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and no, I haven't read the book at that time. I sat through the Harry Potter series, the Godfather, Fiddler on the Roof, Schindler's List, Pearl Harbor, Titanic, etc. On the other hand, I will never sit still for a Paris Hilton movie even if running time is only for an hour.

Would I want to sit and watch HwangJinYi, for 2 1/2 hours? Yes I would want to. I love SHK and would even sit for longer hours just to watch her movie or drama. YJT is one hot guy and from the trailer, he certainly has great chemistry with SHK. But if it was SHK and Bi, I would even sit for a day just to watch them. :lol:

SICKGIRL hahahaha I did that for 16 hrs!!! FH, you know...

Anyway, I'm happy how things are going with HJN. It's getting better in the BO. Pray it continues to be this way. As for me, I'll be patiently waiting for the DVD. I'm definitely getting an original copy.

So FLOWER, how was the bed scene? haha :P

Guest trustno1file

let's not make comparison, a movie is a movie & vice versa, both are different in many areas. due credits should be accorded based on individual merits. comparisons will only lead to more ugly & unpleasant arguments. best to avoid clashes amongst the fans. just enjoy watching both genre and have pleasant discussions without being too critical.

Yes I totally agree with echan words. Let us support both projects.

i was just asking if the movie was good,out of curiosity since i havent had the chance of watching it yet... but i guess i should hav worded it differently... sorry for sounding unsupportive :/

Guest kiwipina

this fan account is posted by J.lee at Soompi SHK thread:

"Thank god i watched hwangjini...

I'm not a regular poster in this thread but a silent follower of SHG as an actress.

I went to the cinema yesterday and decided to watch the movie,Cinema's in Korea are small

like a tiny studio,so i could see everyone's reaction.

SHG has grown into a beautiful lady and as an actress as well. *Bows*

I can't forget how she made me cry a river in Autumn tale and how she made me laugh with her acting in Fullhouse.

I don't know anything about "Hwang jinyi" the drama,coz i'm reserving it for the movie.

Her story is very excruciating yet fascinating,smart and reserved.

I'm glad shg brings hwangjinyi to life.

Most of the conversations was not easy to comphrehend but as the story goes on,you will understand.

The last scene was captivating-->Breath taking...i cried also and i heard and see the people behind me clapping/Applauding after the movie ends.(most of them are male)^^*

Great JOB SHG.-->i respect her even more after this movie.she's not just a beautiful face.

Yoo jitae is sexayyyyyyy......

Nomi !!"

Thank you J.lee for sharing this with us....

When can we see it on the internet - crunchyroll??

Guest Chiperaholic

When can we see it on the internet - crunchyroll??

It's probably going be at least 3 months. We know they had worked soo hard for this, let's try to support the production team by buying the original DVD.

Guest kiwipina

Source: Week's New Movie Premieres (June 8, 2007)

"It's Friday, which means it's time to check the latest film releases.

A Korean movie out is about one of the country's most celebrated female entertainers, plus a horror movie and the latest Shrek sequel.

Here's Son Heekyung.

The period drama "Hwangjin-y - Movie - 2007" is entering the public's conscience.

The film is ranked first in online ticket sales in one of Korea's leading multiplex chains, beating out Hollywood blockbuster sequels like "Shrek the Third" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End".

"Hwang Jini" is about one of Korea's most celebrated female entertainers of the Joseon Dynasty which ruled Korea between the 14th and the early 20th centuries.

Actress Song Hyekyo plays a heartbroken woman who is torn between her lover and the powerful district magistrate.

"Though 'gisaeng' in general earned no great reputation, Hwang Jini performed for the upper classes. Writing poetry, singing, dancing and playing a musical instrument this woman could do it all".

Sorry, if it's already posted..i'm just happy to know that HJN is doing very well.

Guest kiwipina

Source: Hyebaragi

"Ms. Song Hye-kyo will also be devoted to promotion of

Hwang Jin Yi this week. She, along with the Hwang Jin Yi team,

will tour many provincial cities to interact with fans (stage greetings),

from June 14 through June 17.

Owners of many theaters in provincial cities strongly ask for

Hye-kyo to visit their cinemas, according to news reports.

The number of moviegoers invariably goes up sharply

when SHK visits theaters. She is extremely popular with fans

everywhere, say officials of Cine2000, one of the two Hwang Jin Yi

production firms. The other is Siz Entertainment.

Hye-kyo has made numerous visits to cinemas in Seoul last week,

which has contributed to "sharp rises" in the number of Hwang Jin Yi fans,

according to the officials."

Guest kierelun

quite a disappointment that the main casts of FH, Autumn Tales werent seen at the premiere of HJN, esp. the FH team when they used to meet almost every month for a get-together.

Archived