[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

Guest adikkeluangman

IU redeems herself on “Kiss & Cry”

20110608_1307531238_45173100_1.jpg

In the latest episode of SBS’s “Kiss & Cry“, singer IU finally managed to redeem herself by impressing everyone with a complex routine.

IU entered the rink in a sweet cheerleader uniform alongside her partner, Choi In Hwa, who was dressed as a baseball player. The two performed a cute cheerleading routine to the tune of “Girlfriend“.

The judges were especially impressed by IU’s ability to pull off smooth spirals and tunnel between her partner’s legs, all of which earned her a round of applause from the audience.

Compared to her awkward start in the show’s pilot episode (where she ranked 10th), many were of the opinion that she had certainly improved.

SBS representatives commented, “Despite her busy schedule, IU has been making regular visits to the ice rink to practice her skating. Her improved skills have surprised us well.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/iu-redeems-herself-on-kiss-cry

IU meets her first love again through ‘Dalgona’

20110609_1307579078_20221700_1.jpg

IU recently reunited with her infamous first love, and told her love story for the very first time.

The singer participated in a recent recording for SBS’s ‘Dalgona‘, and shared a few personal stories that fans never got to hear before.

When her first love appeared on the screen, he began to talk about their juvenile romance. “Our ‘liking’ timings weren’t right. When I confessed, she rejected me. Later on, Ji Eun told me that she liked me and gave me an invitation to her birthday party, saying, ‘If you like me too, then come to my birthday party’. But I refused at that time.”

IU responded by saying, “When I said previously on TV that there was a boy I liked for the first time ever [in my life], it was him. He’s my first love. He grew up well and handsome.”

IU’s first love reportedly resembles actor Lee Jang Woo, and he’s known for his leadership skills since he was the class representative all throughout his middle and high school career.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/iu-sees-with-her-first-love-on-dalgona

Loen Entertainment releases IU’s “Good Day” practice video

201106091623471001_1.jpg

IU’s “Good Day” practice video has just been released!

On June 8th, Loen Entertainment uploaded the special behind-the-scenes video of IU on its official YouTube account.

In the video, IU shows a variety of facial expressions while performing the cute choreography.

From her dancing to her facial expressions, her hard work shows through, making it seem as if she’s performing on a real stage.

Netizens said, “IU does look a little tired”, “She looks cute dozing off”, and “She’s practicing really hard“.

Watch : HERE

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/loen-entertainment-releases-ius-good-day-practice-video

IU to hold her first official fan meet!

2011060924797_2011011831911.jpg

On June 18th at 6:00 PM, singer IU will finally open her first official fan meet to celebrate the 1,004th day since her debut. Why celebrate ‘1,004′, you ask? That number is read in Korean as ‘chun-sa’, which also means ‘angel’, a label many fans use to describe the young star.

IU will hold her fan meet with about 1,000 fans at the AX-Korea in Gwangjang-dong, Seoul.

Her agency, Loen Entertainment, revealed, “This fan meet is the first official fan meet since her debut. We have prepared various events that will bring IU and her fans closer together.”

They added, “IU is very excited for her first fan meet, and she’s actively preparing for it despite her busy schedule.”

All the proceeds acquired from the fan meet will be donated to charity.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/iu-to-hold-her-first-official-fan-meet

Guest suigintou-cheza

tumblr_ln2izn0I6D1qz9xe6.jpg

At the fanmeeting, fans held up their usual banner with the message, "We're here for IU" and with IU's fancafe going up the rankings from 17th position to 10th position recently, proving that the support from her fans has helped her to grow during this period of time. 

But to IU, who is currently still a teenager, with regards to her favourite moments as a singer and in response to questions from fans about her future plans as a singer, she said, "My dream is to produce a special album containing only my original compositions" and now that she is enjoying great popularity, it seems that she has to handle things even more carefully now.

Amidst an entertainment industry full of ups and downs, many trends come and go. So her rationale is to solidify her position in the days following her 1004th and also avoid having any weak points, such that she can happily continue to progress into the future.

(*Note: Other details about what went on at the fanmeeting were omitted from this translation)

Translation: squishyblob @ weheartiu

Source: 10 asiae

Original article: http://10.asiae.co.k...062002224047115 

Pinky Girl P.9

tumblr_ln2vhw6N3B1qgwfbl.jpg

tumblr_ln2vj84E7e1qgwfbl.jpg

tumblr_ln2vk8m86t1qgwfbl.jpg

tumblr_ln2vm30vCz1qgwfbl.jpg

tumblr_ln2vnkDayg1qgwfbl.jpg

tumblr_ln2w1o5pz91qgwfbl.jpg

tumblr_ln2wnrJtQ91qgwfbl.jpg

tumblr_ln2xgpBiPM1qgwfbl.jpg

tumblr_ln2xidLsvM1qgwfbl.jpg

tumblr_ln2xjjDHD51qgwfbl.jpg

tumblr_ln2xknOjel1qgwfbl.jpg

tumblr_ln2xm35yuL1qgwfbl.jpg

tumblr_ln2xw8itJv1qgwfbl.jpg

Guest adikkeluangman

IU and Kim Yuna records theme song for “Kiss & Cry”

tn_1307601662_-1130837636_0.jpg

Singer IU and figure skating queen Kim Yuna have teamed up to record the theme song for Kim Yuna’s new show, “Kiss & Cry“. IU had requested for the opportunity on the show, and so on June 9th, the two met in a recording studio to tape the logo song, called “Ice Flower“.

Photos from the day were released simultaneously along with the news.

The staff on set said, “Kim Yuna showed skills that were as good as a singer’s during her solo parts, which allowed the recording session to end earlier than scheduled. The parts that they sang together also went flawlessly due to their great teamwork.”

They added, “The whole session went really well because of Kim Yuna’s amazing vocals and musical sensibilities. Kim Yuna hopes that the song will help boost the show’s popularity.”

As for the song itself, it will be revealed soon through the show.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/iu-and-kim-yuna-record-theme-song-for-kiss-cry

IU to go “beyond reality” as a model for ‘SK Telecom’

by phenom on June 10, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Share on Tumblr

6bfb1937f64149928ca1f94dbb14d7ec_1.jpg

IU has been selected to be a unique model for ‘SK Telecom‘.

On June 9th, it was revealed that SK Telecom’s mobile brand, “T“, created an advertisement that had IU singing with the late Kim Kwang Seok, a legendary Korean folk-rock singer. Fittingly, the slogan for the T’s new campaign is “Beyond reality”.

An official from SK Telecom explained, “To show our new phase change of the LTE (long-term evolution) era, we decided to plan a new campaign.”

The first advertisement from the ‘Beyond reality’ series will be released on June 11th, which has IU and Kim Kwang Seok singing a special duet of his popular song, “At About Age 30“. Reportedly, the video was created by reconstructing a set for IU that was similar to Kim Kwang Seok’s live stage; sophisticated 3D technology combined the two scenes.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/iu-to-go-beyond-reality-as-a-model-for-sk-telecom

Guest adikkeluangman

IU’s selca friend explains their relationship on SBS’s “Dalgona”

20110611_1307744637_40203600_1.jpg

IU’s now infamous “selca friend” recently appeared on SBS’s “Dalgona” and clarified their relationship.

The singer’s pre-debut sticker pictures with a mysterious young man sparked curiosity amongst many when the photo first surfaced on the internet. Dalgona, which is dedicated to reuniting celebrities with old acquaintances, brought the two together in its most recent episode.

The ’selca guy’, Goo Myung Hoon, made a guest appearance on June 10th’s broadcast and even brought out his selca with IU to explain any false rumors.

He said, “I’m the guy in the sticker picture. Fans still didn’t believe [our relationship] when IU said on TV that I was an oppa that she had once liked and not her boyfriend.”

He elaborated on their relationship, saying, “We are just an oppa and dongsaeng to each other. We were once very close as we attended the same acting school. I’m definitely not her boyfriend.” He explained that they took the sticker picture to celebrate IU’s move and did not have any deep meaning.

He also added that he experienced some trouble due to IU’s fans’ exaggerated reactions.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/ius-selca-friend-explains-their-relationship-on-sbss-dalgona

IU meets her taxi driver noraebang partner on SBS’s “Dalgona”

20110611_1307747239_08929300_1.jpg

IU drew attention by reuniting with her taxi driver noraebang partner once again!

On June 10th, the idol guested on SBS’s “Dalgona” where taxi driver Im Yi Taek made a surprise appearance. He previously sang “Nagging” with the idol when she rode in his taxi.

He explained the situation, saying, “I’m a taxi driver and an internet VJ as well. In July 2010, a pretty couple got into my taxi. I asked the girl if she wanted to sing with me, and she laughed when I recommended ‘Nagging‘.”

The ‘girl’ turned out to be none other than IU. Watch : HERE

The taxi driver commented, “I was really surprised at that time. It was as if I had won the lottery.” He stated that he drew a large response from his listeners by singing the duet with IU. He added, “Whenever IU calls me, I’ll drive her safely to wherever she wants to go.”

IU kindly responded, “When I hold my first concert, I’ll invite you and your family to the front row seats.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/iu-meets-her-taxi-driver-noraebang-partner-on-sbss-dalgona

Guest typicalfangirlyo

im in love with IU. does anyone know if she has an official fan group name? 

<333333333

Guest adikkeluangman

IU rises above her haters, performs well on SBS’s “Kiss & Cry”

201106121951776901_1.jpg

On June 12th, IU delivered an impressive performance on SBS’s “Kiss & Cry“, effectively rising above the heavy-handed criticisms from last week.

As revealed earlier, her performance with partner Choi In Hwa was done under a cheerleader concept to the tune of “Girlfriend” by Avril Lavigne. Because she placed last in the first competition, IU showed signs of nervousness amidst flashes of fierce determination to do better this round.

When she got on the ice, IU managed to pull off moves like ‘through the leg’, ’spiral’, ‘rotational rifts’, and other complex stunts. Kim Yuna stated, “You’ve improved greatly compared to a week ago. Thank you for working hard.”

Looking as if she was about to cry at the praise, IU replied, “I feel great right now.”

Judge Kim Jang Hoon added, “It seems you’ve managed to overcome your obstacles. I would like to applaud you for that.”

IU received a total score of 32.6 in the end, which led her to burst out, “I received a lot of praise, so I definitely feel more confident. There were a lot of people who didn’t view me in a positive light, so I was honestly very upset. A lot of people said that I didn’t work hard, but I think I did work hard… I think it’s because I’m not that good. In our next competition, I promise to show even more improvement.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/iu-rises-above-her-haters-performs-well-on-sbss-kiss-cry

Guest adikkeluangman

IU performing late Kim Kwang Seok’s “At About Age 30”.

Watch : [30s] [BTS]

IU, Kang Ho Dong, and Woo Seung Min attend ‘Home Plus’ event

110616_153016088.jpg

On June 16th, IU, Kang Ho Dong, and Woo Seung Min attended Home Plus‘ “Sharing Rummage Sale” at the Sangam-Dong World Cup Center.

Home Plus’ “Good-Natured Sharing Rummage Sale” has been an annual event since 2004, in which Home Plus executives, staff, and customers donate items to be sold across the nation. All profits from these sales will go to the underprivileged people in each region.

Since they’re endorsement models for the brand, singer IU and TV personalities Kang Ho Dong and Woo Seung Min participated in the selling of items along with approximately 1,000 other volunteer workers.

This year, the rummage sale was a collaborative effort with social contribution coalition network, “Small Help Club“. Through the 123 Home Plus stores in the nation, they aimed to sell 2.5 billion won (2.3 million USD) worth of products. Over 250,000 items were donated and needed 80 five-ton trunks for shipping.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/iu-kang-ho-dong-and-woo-seung-min-attend-home-plus-event

IU working diligently for ‘Kiss & Cry’

1308213456_168600.jpg

Singer IU has recently been working diligently to shed her current image of being an unskilled dancer on SBS’s ‘Kim Yuna’s Kiss & Cry.’

It has been reported that IU practices skating every day to rid herself of the stigma that she can’t dance. On the 16th, Loen Entertainment stated in an interview, “In taking on the the challenge of figure skating and ridding herself of her image, IU doesn’t skip a day of practice and is continuing to practice diligently.”

The official later added, “IU has recently had a lot on her plate lately with her busy schedule… On shorter days of practice, she skates for 3 hours. On longer days, she skates for 5 hours. Whatever the case may be, she is constantly practicing to improve her image… Seeing that IU lacks dancing talents, we’ve been watching the show and saw that her development was slow. Even so, she constantly practices with patience… While she has bruises all over, she is working diligently to show a good image of herself.”

Although IU is not the best skater on the show, her dedication and hard work is quite impressive.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/iu-working-diligently-for-kiss-cry

Guest suigintou-cheza

MinWooIU.jpg

Minwoo, Before debuting with Boyfriend, he appeared on K.Will’s MV “Can’t open up my lips”, playing role ‘IU’s young love’ and become No. 1 on search engines.

When asked about his experience acting with IU, Minwoo admitted nervously “IU is so much prettier in person”.

He also revealed, “IU is senior that I like and always admired” and “Although the my role is just someone who have a crush on her, I’m really happy to have the opportunity to work with her.”

At that time they spent 12 hours filming. To entertain everyone and also to show support to Minwoo which will soon debut as a member “Boyfriend”, IU gave gifts to sing for him during break time.

Minwoo said, “When IU sing for me during our break time, she sings very well” and “during the long hours of filming, even I was exhausted, but IU left a deep impression with how her concern for others.”

Meanwhile, Leader Donghyun, Pretty-boys twins Youngmin-Kwangmin, Main Vocal Hyunseong, Yoo Seung Hoo look-a-like Jeongmin, Child-actor Minwoo, debuting as a group named “Boyfriend” with their tittle track “Boyfriend” become hit in 2011.

Source: Seoul NTN<br style="border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Translated by : young___a♥ @ b-nation

cr: k-popexpress

Guest suigintou-cheza

1310299537196.jpg

On the episode of SBS 'Kiss & Cry' broadcasted on July 10th, the first two teams to be eliminated from the show were announced.

When only the 8th, 9th and 10th positions were left to announce and only the G3 members were left standing, IU expressed her regret, saying, "I came up with 'G3' for no particular reason, but that seems to have become a curse for us. I'm sorry for coming up with it for no reason. I hope the remaining team will do us G3 members proud." 

Out of the G3 members - Jin Jihee, Suh Jisuk and Lee Jieun (IU) - Jin Jihee came in 8th, while everyone bid the two remaining teams a teary farewell.

(*Note: IU came in 9th place with a total score of 80.2 of the 1st and 2nd round contests combined, while Suh Jisuk was in last place with a total score of 79.0)

Translation: squishyblob @ weheartiu

Sources: Ilgan sports & X sports news 

________________________________________ 11/07/10 | Japanese magazine interview:

dsc1592copy.jpg

dsc1596copy.jpg

dsc1606copy.jpgdsc1642copy.jpg

cr: weheartiu.com

Guest kittykittykitty

at first i cant believe that she was born in 1993 because she has adorable voice.. but when i saw her picture and film, wawww what a cute and pretty girl^^

cant believe that a very young girl able to do this so far^^

IU JJANG!