[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

Do you think this header seem eingratiate ? 

Nope...absolutely no Mam:kiss_wink:

the article just say nothing about the truth.

Jieunie is the awkward cutest girl alive.:grin:

Her contradiction between the intelligence wise thinking vs the honest dorky attitude made her shine and beloved.

Somehow her "mocking " eyes could kill ueanas in laughed. She knows how to joke around in all situations does she:P

Person with good sense of humor is blessed :heart:

Have nice day uaena

Happy long vacation for CNY.

IMG-20190202-193011.jpg

• Like 1

:wub:sometime i found myself puzzle by thinking how many writers does inspire by Lee jie un/IU live story. And applied IU characteristics to their lead.

Our Jieunie life story is so inspiring .and become source idea to creativity not just for herself but to others too.

Blessed our Queen :heart:

IMG-20190117-224229.jpg

• Like 2

I'm sort of back.  I don't know if I'll post often and I won't try to read the messages I've missed.  Soompi's interface is too slow.  I tried to post this yesterday using MSFT Internet Explorer and the scrip crashed and failed.  I'm going to post this message in parts, and I'm using Firefox so it might work this time.

I have been trying to research the "real estate" issue since it started.  It looks like the issue has died down now, and it is possible that neither IU nor her management company want to pursue it further.  It would take a lot of time and legal fees, and the people responsible probably won't have enough money to pay them back for the damage done anyway.  If IU and her management company want to leave it alone, then I do not think that I would want to pursue it either.  I'll just say what I think for now and I probably will not comment further.

Part 1, Issues:

Who provided the value of the land?  The amount claimed to be value of the land was suspicious.  It seems to be about twice that of a real estimation.  It would suggest that whomever posted it might actually know what the value of the land should have been.  Who posted it and what sources were claimed for the validity of the amount?

[continued]

Part 2

The fact that her land was so far from the station could have been checked by anyone researching the question.  It does not take special knowledge to conclude that her property was too far away to be affected by it.  Anyone who had ever walked to such a station would have known that even 1 km was "too far" let alone the actual 3 km distance from the the GTX.

The fact that there was no alteration of the "Green Belt" designation could be a bit trickier.  It would need knowledge of how the local government worked and access to materials regarding that type of designation.  Still, the real estate agent that the show consulted did not seem to have any problem knowing that the designation had not been changed in the area of her property, and that there was no reason to expect it to be changed.

[continued]

• Confused 1

Part 3

IU herself, regarding her private life has generally been fairly quiet.  And she tends to be somewhat modest about her generosity.  So the fact that she allowed singers to practice free in this building was probably not widely known.  But it is no surprise.

No doubt, after years of experience she also probably wants to avoid having fans and gawkers frequenting the building in which she and others are trying to get work done.  Recently, after two seasons of Hyori's Bed and Breakfast, Hyori and Sangsoon had to ask the public to stop coming to their property in Jeju, so she has good reason to avoid publicity in this regard.

[continued]

• Thanks 1

Part 4 [last]

As for the petition on "Blue House" [?].  Is there any verification of who signed it?  Was it really 2,500 people or was that just the number of claimed "accounts"?  Was it really 25 people using faked names?  I have signed petitions that were submitted to my governments.  They always identified me with my real name and address, and phone number.  A petition to a government is, and must be, a public document.  Are all the people who signed this petition properly identifiable?

Anyway, those are roughly the issues I see right now.  For now I will be waiting to see if anything more happens.

My main source for the above is a YouTube video by "KBS World TV".  I am basing it so far on their official English subs.  I have not checked it against the original Korean.  Likewise, I have a copy of the first Naver article but I have made no attempt to translate it yet.

"Celebrity Hot Clicks #IU [Entertainment Weekly/2019.01.14]", posted by "KBS World TV", Jan 17, 2019,

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reaWgyf4Le0"

Actually, this post worked fairly well. . . .

• Thanks 1