[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

Guest mumfu

Annyeong chingdeul, so uri IU has rejected Trot Lovers, although I am a bit disappointed as I really wanted to hear her sing more Trot, she has made a mature and sensible decision.  I think she learnt a lot from last years jam-packed schedule, I applaud her and support her decision.  There must be an awesome drama just waiting for her in the second half of the year.
Look who she has been working with for the new album......I can't wait!
BnH8sDCCUAAMO4v.jpg

Guest mumfu

@akinahana89do you remember when IU went to visit him at his radio station while she was promoting her MT album, he picked up his guitar and started singing. He's little JJSish in that he travels with his guitar everywhere. That show was memorable for me because IU said she wondered if there was any sincerity in IU. KCW then proceeded to draw her  name in block capitals and filled the inside with the word sincerity, then said, "see there is sincerity in IU".  I was touched by his thoughtfulness, it was so clever. A very nice guy.

mumfu said: @akinahana89do you remember when IU went to visit him at his radio station while she was promoting her MT album, he picked up his guitar and started singing. He's little JJSish in that he travels with his guitar everywhere. That show was memorable for me because IU said she wondered if there was any sincerity in IU. KCW then proceeded to draw her  name in block capitals and filled the inside with the word sincerity, then said, "see there is sincerity in IU".  I was touched by his thoughtfulness, it was so clever. A very nice guy. Yes, I remember! But I really thought that he was singing just for the fun of it. At the time, I still hadn't realized KCW was recognized as a singer too. LOL. I just remembered him from Coffee Prince, Who Are You, YWCFTS, etc. Hahaha. Pabo Akina~~~~

And yes, that was very thoughtful and clever of him! I agree. It was beautifully done!

IU Records with Veteran Singer Kim Chang Wan for Remake Album__May 8, 2014

IU will be singing with music industry veteran Kim Chang Wan in her new remakes album. According to a report in a news agency on May 7, the 21-year-old singer collaborated with her 60-year-old senior and recorded a duet.

An industry official is quoted, saying, “IU recorded a duet with Kim Chang Wan middle of last month. This recording will be released in the middle of this month, within IU’s remake album.” However, further details are carefully kept guarded. The source added, “Upon his entry into IU’s agency, he has been working on a duet which is a remake of a song released in the past, but at present, it would be difficult to say what song it really is.”

“It is also the 36th anniversary of Sanulrim (Kim Chang Wan’s band formed with his brothers Kim Chang Hoon and Kim Chang Ik), but I have a Kim Chang Wan Band now for the remake of the song,” Kim Chang Wan said. He is noted to be the third 60-year-old to work with IU, who had worked with Choi Baek Ho in the track “Walk with Me, Girl” and with Yang Hee Eun in “Daydream,” both from IU’s 2013 release “Modern Times.”

Even before working with seniors Choi Baek Ho and Yang Hee Eun, IU was quoted in the past to have said, “I want to work with Kim Chang Wan.”

Kim Chang Wan is currently a DJ on SBS FM. He is also an actor, having appeared in supporting roles in popular dramas like “Coffee Prince” and more recently, “Man From the Stars.” Previously, he and IU have been able to chat comfortably on radio.

“Whenever I’m asked which seniors I want to have a duet with, I’ve always answered that I want to work with Kim Chang Wan. I’ve always just said it but the hope is put away for the future. Now I have an opportunity.”

Meanwhile, IU will be holding eight solo concerts beginning on May 22 and ending on June 1, along with the release of her remake album.

source: http://www.soompi.com/2014/05/08/iu-records-with-veteran-singer-kim-chang-wan-for-remake-album

'마녀사냥' 송승헌, 아이유에 프러포즈 "오빠 시간 많아"

Korean article here: http://media.daum.net/entertain/enews/newsview?newsid=20140509091104082

The article said that Song Seung Hun sang a serenade for IU. He kinda makes a proporsal to IU by saying "Oppa has many time".

Source: Ally's Twitter and @ for the translation

Kekeke. After all these years, I still associate SSH with only SHG. lol.

@airbening @mumfu Thank you. It's very difficult to get just one ticket. I had practised ticketing a lot with other concerts before buying IU's. I think my last ticketing experience was really helpful. I finished all process within just 2 mins (8.02 pm KST). keke. I also asked my Korean friends to help me buy other dates but they didn't succeed. They were surprised I got it. ^^

Song Seung Heon revealed himself a hardcore fan of IU.

Song Seung Heon will be guesting on May 9’s broadcast of JTBC’s Witch Hunt and share his stories on dating and love.
65327002.jpg
During recent recording of the show, a story about a woman came up who sings back and forth with a man who lives in the floor above her.

Song Seung Heon then brought up that he has been in love with IU’s songs and said, “The next things I knew, I was giving responses to IU’s lyrics.”

Then he showed himself answering  IU’s lyrics on the spot, bringing the whole studio into laughter.

Meanwhile, Witch Hunt featuring Song Seung Hun, Oh Ju Wan and more will be aired on May 9.

Photo credit: JTBC
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/65327/songseungheon-says-he-is-a-fan-of-iu

reign143 said: akinahana89 said: I didn't know Kim Chang Wan was a singer, so I was surprised by the news. Kekeke. I only knew him from watching some of the dramas he was in, so I thought he was an actor!

It's not just you akina kekeke I am surprised too, I knew him as an Actor, who plays really well with his roles in a drama :) looking forward to this, I really love it when IU sings old songs. Hahaha. Well, I'm glad I'm not alone! XD