Avex World Audition 2008 (japanese Company)

Guest JiNi;

Guest tangerinesandlimes

i told em the 8th but they havent told us if the times that we chose were alright :]

u got ur time already?

loll for the SF one ><

i sent them an email asking to change my location to LA. hopefully, ill get the LA audition email

Does anyone know if we're expected to sing acapella or with an instrumental? I know they provide a mic though.

in mine, they say that we can either sing acappella or bring a CD with an instrumental (no vocal) of the song we want to sing.

but the email they sent me was for SF not LA...so iono

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest a_dreamer143

loll for the SF one ><

i sent them an email asking to change my location to LA. hopefully, ill get the LA audition email

in mine, they say that we can either sing acappella or bring a CD with an instrumental (no vocal) of the song we want to sing.

the only difference with the sf and la emails r the times. for SF i heard they actually do give u a time but in LA you get to choose wat time ud like and theyll send u back with a confirmation email :]

Guest tangerinesandlimes

the only difference with the sf and la emails r the times. for SF i heard they actually do give u a time but in LA you get to choose wat time ud like and theyll send u back with a confirmation email :]

yup. what time did you ask for?

Guest a_dreamer143

San Francisco one isn't done yet. :P

My sister got an email about it today.

i feel happy to hear from sum reason even tho im not from SF hehe

yeah probably.

and no all i know is LAX sorry :[

Ah ok. I hope the airport's not too far from the academy place...

I wanna know my time already!!

Guest a_dreamer143

Ah ok. I hope the airport's not too far from the academy place...

I wanna know my time already!!

me too lol seems like there will be a soompi meet up and i cant make the list without knowing my time :[

Guest t 0 k y o

AHH! YESSS! ACAPELLA!

i've been thinking in my head if we can sing acapella and you answered my question, THANKS!

are all of you guys planning to sing acapella or bring a cd??

Guest iluvthisworld

I also got selected to LA Audition.

If we are singing, are we supposed to sing the whole song, or just the part we want to sing?

Im just wondering because I'm planing to bring the instrumental CD with me.

I also wonder how is it going to be like,,,I've never been to any auditions, so I'm kind of worried..

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

i just turned 22 this october...but i haven't got any email

I applied for LA...so hehe >_<

Yeah I just turned 25 last week lol...But when I submitted my audition application I didn't think anything of it..Til now :sweatingbullets: So really I was just 25 for only a couple of days...I hope they don't count that against me lol.

Guest x3thecarrots

AHH! YESSS! ACAPELLA!

i've been thinking in my head if we can sing acapella and you answered my question, THANKS!

are all of you guys planning to sing acapella or bring a cd??

Anyone know if they'll have a piano/keyboard available in the case that i'd want to play my own instrumental?

Guest stacynsungmin

Anyone know if they'll have a piano/keyboard available in the case that i'd want to play my own instrumental?

Yes they provide a keyboard...

it says it in the email they send...did it not say for you?

it's for ppl auditionng in the musician category but they'd probably let you play it too

It says "Musician - please bring your instrument, only a keyboard will be provided at the location "

has anyone recieved the time confirmation email recently?

Guest KatArashi05

I got the email on the 10th of October and I joined soompi just to get more information on this ^_^ I'm going to the SF one. Originally I was going to sing in Japanese and now that I think about it, I might sing in English instead. I'll probably take the instrumental but I don't know if a capella will be better or not. Should I stick with Japanese or English? And yes, I'll be super nervous on the day of the audition of course because this is my first audition ever. lol

Good luck to all of you who are auditioning =)

Guest HappyToast

wahh! i'm so nervus about seeing if i made the NY auditions!!! wahh! So sad. : [

if anyone's going to the NY auditions can we meet up? i need a soompier to talk to while we wait to audition!

Guest ohbliss

I got the email on the 10th of October and I joined soompi just to get more information on this ^_^ I'm going to the SF one. Originally I was going to sing in Japanese and now that I think about it, I might sing in English instead. I'll probably take the instrumental but I don't know if a capella will be better or not. Should I stick with Japanese or English? And yes, I'll be super nervous on the day of the audition of course because this is my first audition ever. lol

Good luck to all of you who are auditioning =)

If you plan to sing in Japanese, make sure you have proper pronunciation or it'll make you look worse. I suggest you sing in English if you have more confidence in that.

Archived