Avex World Audition 2008 (japanese Company)

Guest JiNi;

Guest skyerise

oooh i love alan!!! i was just listening to that song before i turned on my computer :)

i suggest that you practice all of them so that way if they want to hear more, you'll have several songs to choose from

are you going acappella or with the instrumental?

Well, For "Red Cliff" and "Tsuki no Uta" I have the instrumentals. Also for my original songs, I have the original music on CD as well. So I probably wont sing acapella uneless I sing a really short song I wrote called "Believe in me". That song was made for acappella only.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest skyerise

ummm... anyone know how to get to the NY audition place by bus?? PLMK ASAP. ^^ arigatou gozaimasu ^^

Where do you live? Okay, this is what you do. Go to google.com and type in greyhound bus. Go to the website and it will show you a page that will have a form to plan a trip. Type where you are going from in the top box, and where to (New York) in the bottom box. Then select the time and date of the trip. The bus should take you to the New york, NY location. Which is at Port Authority (The name of the bus Depot). The SIR STUDIOS (the place where the auditions are being held) is about a mile walk from Port Authority, pretty close by. That is a GOOD thing.

You have the address for SIR STUDIOS from the email.

The address for Port Authority is:

Port Authority

625 8th Ave

New York, NY 10018

If you want directions how to get to the audition spot from Port Authority. Go to Mapquest.com, input the address for Port Authority in the start location box and the address for the SIR STUDIOS (once again in the email you received) and get the directions. Just follow the directions and walk to the audition spot.

I am taking the bus from Philly (which is really close to NY by the way, lucky me). Depending on the times we get, I can meet you at port authority and we can walk together so you we won't get lost, if you want. NY is a big city, you don't wanna be lost in Manhattan.

Hope I helped! Ganbatte Kudasai!

Guest stacynsungmin

Ooh I hope so! I need to know so I can book a flight @_@

Utada Hikaru's voice is sorta low, maybe u could try one of her songs?

Utada Hikaru sings alot in her head voice though so bascilly its high XD

I already booked a flight..bad idea now right? since I'm not positive I'll get the 8th!!! *cross my fingers*

Cool! I am thinking about singing "Red Cliff" By alan or "Tsuki no Uta" by Gackt. The more Enka style of deep voices suits me best I think. But I kinda wanna sing a R&B style song too, cause I am pretty good at those. Also, I have a few songs that I wrote in English and Japanese I would like to sing! Ohh gosh.... I am too undecided.

:unsure:

But isn't Red Cliff in chinese? I though you wanted to sing either japanese or english haha

OH I was thinking about a Enka song since I tend to have a lower/powerful pitch too!! im pretty undecided also ><

well Enka has alot of vibrato n rifts and runs so its like R&B right? so I think Tsuki no Uta is a good song to show off vocals...

what style are the songs you wrote?

I just got my email today saying that I was accepted for the NY audition!! =D

Err, now what? =X I don't know what to sing! Ahhh!!

I was actually also considering "Red Cliff" by alan but I think I would rather sing something that can show the powerful side of my voice. Definitely a ballad, since that's what I'm good at. I just don't know what.

Also, I'm super nervous. This is my first time doing something like this. And, to top it all off, I'm not remotely Asian, so my chances are probably pretty thin, huh? XD

But it doesn't hurt to try. =D The experience would be great, too!

Guest HappyToast

i'm still trying to set up times with my mom.

also, should i sing Crush by David Archuleta? or So Sick by Ne-yo? i'm so confused! >w<

and if i make it to the japanese audition, should i sing Your Seed by Hey! Say! JUMP or Weeeek by NewS?

also, can someone meet up with me?

i'm doing NY too. so i'm happy. so happy.

i'm still trying to set up times with my mom.

also, should i sing Crush by David Archuleta? or So Sick by Ne-yo? i'm so confused! >w<

and if i make it to the japanese audition, should i sing Your Seed by Hey! Say! JUMP or Weeeek by NewS?

also, can someone meet up with me?

i'm doing NY too. so i'm happy. so happy.

Well, I don't know what your voice sounds like, so this is just based on which songs I like... not really on what I think will sound better on your voice. Personally, I like So Sick by Ne-yo and Weeeek by NewS. ^__^

Guest lildee720

congrats to everyone!! =)

i'm going to sing josh groban you raise me up

i want to dance too but they only said to pick one of your best talent

but just incase, im going to dance it out too! =)

hehe i'm soo exciteddd!

Guest skyerise

I already booked a flight..bad idea now right? since I'm not positive I'll get the 8th!!! *cross my fingers*

But isn't Red Cliff in chinese? I though you wanted to sing either japanese or english haha

OH I was thinking about a Enka song since I tend to have a lower/powerful pitch too!! im pretty undecided also ><

well Enka has alot of vibrato n rifts and runs so its like R&B right? so I think Tsuki no Uta is a good song to show off vocals...

Haha. Yes you are right. Red Cliff is in chinese originally, but it was just released in japanese as a single in japan last week. So there is a chinese and a japanese version. I would sing the japanese version. I cant speak or pronounce chinese only english and japanese lolz.

hmmm... well I write all types of songs. In English i have written R&B, rock, pop, ballads. And in japanese the same along with more traditional sounding stuff.

here is one of the songs I wrote and recorded earlier this year called "Tsunami" It is a Japanese one.

Hope you like it:

I was thinking about singing this one but, it is a fast style song and doesn't show off my vocal ability as much. So I think I am going to go with Tsuki no Uta.

Guest Sam-chan

I was actually also considering "Red Cliff" by alan but I think I would rather sing something that can show the powerful side of my voice. Definitely a ballad, since that's what I'm good at. I just don't know what.

Also, I'm super nervous. This is my first time doing something like this. And, to top it all off, I'm not remotely Asian, so my chances are probably pretty thin, huh? XD

Ariah, when did you send in your application? And don't worry about not being Asian. I'm South Asian and completely talentless ^_^ Do your best!

Ariah, when did you send in your application? And don't worry about not being Asian. I'm South Asian and completely talentless ^_^ Do your best!

Aw, thanks for the motivation. <3

I sent in my application about a week ago, I think?

Guest tangerinesandlimes

Well, For "Red Cliff" and "Tsuki no Uta" I have the instrumentals. Also for my original songs, I have the original music on CD as well. So I probably wont sing acapella uneless I sing a really short song I wrote called "Believe in me". That song was made for acappella only.

wow!!! crazy multi-talented

are you going to audition for songwriter/composer also? you should, all you have to do is submit a CD for them to keep when you audition and you can still sing

no. they released a japanese version of red cliff.

loll wow. that song is really popular

congrats to everyone!! =)

i'm going to sing josh groban you raise me up

i want to dance too but they only said to pick one of your best talent

but just incase, im going to dance it out too! =)

hehe i'm soo exciteddd!

in my email, they say that you can do a song/dance.

Anyone else doing modeling? Any tips if got accepted?

all you have to do is submit a portforlio and walk at the audition, so i guess the only advice is...have good pictures and practice ur walk :)

oh and get ready to show them another talent in case they ask you for it

Guest xquizitmarss

I THINK I applied to the LA auditions but I don't even remember if I sent it cause I know I filled it out but then i was like no.. but then I filled it out again later cause I was like I haven nothing to lose but I dont remember if I sent it.. should I reapply or ask them if they receieved my app? lol

im currently 17 and i was wondering for guardian can i bring my sister shes currently 23

omg and i sign up for the singing and dancing, and i just found out dancing is team entry >.<, am i still able to audition by myself

I was wondering if anybody could answer this question for me.

Now, I'm not saying this is going to happen or anything...XD Just something I've been thinking about.

I'm in my Senior year of high school right now. So, say I went to this audition and did really well and by some miracle they wanted to fly me to Japan. Would I be able to stay here until finishing my Senior year and then go to Japan after that?

Guest a_dreamer143

im currently 17 and i was wondering for guardian can i bring my sister shes currently 23

omg and i sign up for the singing and dancing, and i just found out dancing is team entry >.<, am i still able to audition by myself

for the US AUDITIONS they never mentioned ur only allowed to dance if u have a group, HOWEVER for international yiu MUST be in a group in order to audition for it :]

i think tat would be impossible bcuz they wouldnt hold the contest till summer o.o

Are we talking about the same thing? o.o I'm talking about Star Search. XD My audition is either November 15 or 16 in New York. Haven't actually chosen a date yet.

Archived