R.i.p Ahn Jae Hwan (안재환) 060874-090808

Guest Soy

Guest Caroline :)

I'm thinking the same too. Maybe not a month 'cause his last apperence is Aug.21 and it's still early sept. So maybe around 2 weeks? We have to put the date of his last apperence and his phone calls to his friends,parents and SunHee to estimate the time he died.

Maybe they caught some images of him on the CCTV.

But by looking at the stains in the car, his body was VERY badly decomposed. But what surprises me more, was that the residents didn't notice the smell especially on a hot summer day for 2 weeks.

We won't fully know the truth 'cause the police aren't releasing any new information for now and his family and friends aren't talking.

I don't think he was drunk and lit the coals. I think he was well aware of the coals and lit them in his car and fell asleep instead of sitting there awake and waiting to die.

Whatever the cause is, his death is the most horrified one this year.

i saw on the korean entertainment news that he had sleeping pills in the car too

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

omg. his car looks like its burnt. holy crap

he was dead for 10-15 days? and his body was just found?

omg. i really pity his wife. how heart breaking.

RIP Ahn Jae Hwan.

Guest dlsgp_ckdalsx3

ok I can't recognize his face, but I recognize his wife!!! omgosh!! she's like a crazy funny comedian ... thats so sad!!!

thats so sad...

Boycott by protesters blamed in actor’s death

A day after 36-year-old entertainer Ahn Jae-hwan was found dead inside his car, members of an Internet group against anti-U.S. beef protests claimed that the demonstrators are at least partly responsible for his death.

They said protesters put Ahn’s cosmetics business in jeopardy by initiating a boycott campaign against Ahn in revenge for his wife’s remarks critical of the protesters.

Ahn, whose real name is Ahn Gwang-seong, married Chung Seon-hee, a popular actress, last November. After she criticized the beef protesters during her radio show in May, demonstrators posted angry remarks on an online bulletin board and called for a boycott of Ahn’s products. TV and cyber shopping malls ended up dropping his cosmetics line from their product lists.

At that time, Chung acted as a model advertising the cosmetics. “We chose to stop running the advertisements due to threatening calls and spiteful postings,” said an official of a shopping mall operator who asked not to be named.

Ahn’s friends and relatives said Ahn had suffered a series of business failures, forcing him into a 4 billion won ($3.63 million) debt to loan sharks.

According to associates, Ahn, who gained popularity when he worked at MBC as an actor in 1996, began running a bar in Seoul in 2004. He later borrowed money from friends and from a bank to open two more bars, both located in Seoul’s luxurious Gangnam District. Ahn’s businesses, however, did not prosper, sources said. The actor invested in a film production in an effort to make ends meet, but that only gave Ahn more financial woes.

Police said the entertainer apparently died from suffocation inside his black Carnival van at least several days before his body was found Monday. There were two charred charcoal briquets in his car. Ahn left a two-page written will, police said. He wrote that he loved his wife deeply and asked the public not to hate her.

The National Institute of Scientific Investigation will soon make public the results of an autopsy requested by his family to confirm the cause of death. Police also announced that the couple did not register their marriage, therefore Chung is not responsible for Ahn’s debts.

source:joongang daily

Guest fallen*angel*

i still don't understand why he chose this method of suicide. this is so horrifying and prolong-paintful. i can't help but feel deep sorry for him. what a life that was, from a star to ...like this. omg, i can't imagine how sad he must feel ...to do this.

This is why i strongly think that some measures must be taken against the netizens. They are just waiting for any little mistake or any misunderstanding to start a war of bad comments against celebrities and making a huge thing of nothing.

Malicious Comments Haunt Celebrities Even After Death

Malicious online comments sometimes drive celebrities to drastic measures, and in a worst-case scenario, suicide, and won't even leave them in peace even after death.

Naver, one of the nation's largest portals, Tuesday banned Internet users from writing comments on articles about the late actor Ahn Jae-hwan, following a flood of negative and malicious comments posted on its Web site.

At the end of each news article about Ahn, Naver has put a notice: ``We restrict writing comments on this article, as it is feared that they may seriously damage his privacy, or defame him. We seek your understanding.''

Naver said comments about Ahn went beyond a tolerable level. ``There was no request from the bereaved family of Ahn for the restriction, but we made our own decision to do so,'' an official of the portal company said.

After Ahn was found dead of an apparent suicide Monday, most bloggers posted condolatory comments. However, some defamed him and his wife, comedian Jung Sun-hee, and spread rumors about their relationship and his business.

Not only news portals but also Ahn's personal blog was under attack. Some people even left comments arousing curiosity, so that other users would visit their blogs so that these could be selected as ``most-hit''.

Some of Ahn's friends say malicious online comments may be a part of reason that drove him to his death. In May, when his wife made a negative comment about the anti-American beef rallies on her radio show, Internet users denounced her and him, too, boycotting cosmetic products which the couple sold, and worsening Ahn's financial difficulty, they said.

Police say that those writing malicious comments can be charged with libel or defamation of the deceased, which is subject to up to two year in prison or 5 million won in fines.

``We can start an investigation only when the victim or the family reports it,'' a police officer said.

Ahn is only the latest case ― such negative comments have repeated whenever celebrities die, including actress Jeong Da-bin, comedian Kim Hyung-eun, and actor Lee Eon.

``Freedom of speech should be guaranteed. However, negative comments and groundless rumors on the Internet are like a gun, and they devastate the victims,'' said Min Byoung-chul, head of Sunfull Movement, an NGO promoting positive comments. Min stressed the importance of education about online etiquette. ``Malicious comments are no less than assaults and onlookers are abettors.''

Source: The Korea Times

Guest V A L XD

Police say that those writing malicious comments can be charged with libel or defamation of the deceased, which is subject to up to two year in prison or 5 million won in fines.

``We can start an investigation only when the victim or the family reports it,'' a police officer said.

Ahn is only the latest case ― such negative comments have repeated whenever celebrities die, including actress Jeong Da-bin, comedian Kim Hyung-eun, and actor Lee Eon.

Lee Eon was a victim of the Netizen after his death? WTH He didn't do anything wrong!

But I seriously think Sunhee and her family should press charges.

This is why i strongly think that some measures must be taken against the netizens. They are just waiting for any little mistake or any misunderstanding to start a war of bad comments against celebrities and making a huge thing of nothing.

Malicious Comments Haunt Celebrities Even After Death

Malicious online comments sometimes drive celebrities to drastic measures, and in a worst-case scenario, suicide, and won't even leave them in peace even after death.

Naver, one of the nation's largest portals, Tuesday banned Internet users from writing comments on articles about the late actor Ahn Jae-hwan, following a flood of negative and malicious comments posted on its Web site.

At the end of each news article about Ahn, Naver has put a notice: ``We restrict writing comments on this article, as it is feared that they may seriously damage his privacy, or defame him. We seek your understanding.''

Naver said comments about Ahn went beyond a tolerable level. ``There was no request from the bereaved family of Ahn for the restriction, but we made our own decision to do so,'' an official of the portal company said.

After Ahn was found dead of an apparent suicide Monday, most bloggers posted condolatory comments. However, some defamed him and his wife, comedian Jung Sun-hee, and spread rumors about their relationship and his business.

Not only news portals but also Ahn's personal blog was under attack. Some people even left comments arousing curiosity, so that other users would visit their blogs so that these could be selected as ``most-hit''.

Some of Ahn's friends say malicious online comments may be a part of reason that drove him to his death. In May, when his wife made a negative comment about the anti-American beef rallies on her radio show, Internet users denounced her and him, too, boycotting cosmetic products which the couple sold, and worsening Ahn's financial difficulty, they said.

``Freedom of speech should be guaranteed. However, negative comments and groundless rumors on the Internet are like a gun, and they devastate the victims,'' said Min Byoung-chul, head of Sunfull Movement, an NGO promoting positive comments. Min stressed the importance of education about online etiquette. ``Malicious comments are no less than assaults and onlookers are abettors.''

Source: The Korea Times

Dude, this is horrible news.

I can't believe people would go that far!

I understand people were hurt by comments made by his wife...

But I don't think boycotting their cosmetic lines and leaving really bad comments are necessary.

Yeah, its important to them, but I don't think its that important to make someone want to commit suicide.

I'm really hurting for Ahn and his family.

Ahn seems to have been going through.

I don't believe that someone should commit suicide for any reason and i'm afraid that he won't go to heaven but i'm sorry that he had to go through all this mess. His family must be hurting so much :(

What I don't get is......

So the news is saying that he's been dead for like 2 weeks or so? Like 10 days or something? I don't know what his wife was doing! Shouldnt she have suspected something when he didnt come home for couple of days? Or maybe she did... but they couldnt find where he was until this time? I don't know... but either way... this death is by far the worst one this year. I hate the thought of anyone committing suicide... and it sucks that someone who always looked so happy had to die like this.

I'm thinking the same too. Maybe not a month 'cause his last apperence is Aug.21 and it's still early sept. So maybe around 2 weeks? We have to put the date of his last apperence and his phone calls to his friends,parents and SunHee to estimate the time he died.

Maybe they caught some images of him on the CCTV.

But by looking at the stains in the car, his body was VERY badly decomposed. But what surprises me more, was that the residents didn't notice the smell especially on a hot summer day for 2 weeks.

We won't fully know the truth 'cause the police aren't releasing any new information for now and his family and friends aren't talking.

I don't think he was drunk and lit the coals. I think he was well aware of the coals and lit them in his car and fell asleep instead of sitting there awake and waiting to die.

Whatever the cause is, his death is the most horrified one this year.

you don't get it, no one in their right mind, even if they were trying to harm themselves, could stay in a small area with that coal smoke, because it's so poisonous, your first instinct is to get out from wherever that was. yes, he was well aware of the coals, but i'm saying he had to get drunk in order to do it without resisting.

Guest dorky_Soojee

:[

that is terrrrrrrrrrible.

i really like the guy.

always smiling.

he seemed to be a warm friendly guy.

must be really hard on his parents and jung sun hee.

Guest lordbordem

well it looks like another progress update is dearly needed and also a clear up of some of the matters being mentioned (it would nice if some people look through atleast a few of the back pages because most of these questions have been answered already)

1) Why no one tried to find him.

Ok, His last appearance on radio appears to be on the 21st August, with his last sighting being on the record 22nd August with a High School collegue.

He was discovered on the 9th September, 2 weeks or there about.

There is several reasons why his family didn't suspect anything or issue an official missing person report.

He had clearly stated to his family that he was going on a vacation to cool down and was presumed to be gone for awhile.

The new reason thats being brought about recently is due to his debts (there it is again =( )

IF

His family had gone out and filled a missing person report with the police, and he is later found to live and well there is then a big legal issue.

the issue being that debtors now have a legal backing to charge with fraud(borrowing without the intent of paying back), which would indeed have been a criminal charge.

the reason for this is that if he goes missing, it is presumed that he has run away to avoid paying debts and it puts him and his family in jeopardy (his family could be accused of assisting).

so there was no justification to really go look for him, especially with his vacation plans.

2) Cause of Death

cause of death is officially still unknown, the autopsy has been done on the 10th September, and will take at least 2 weeks for results to come out.

So far they suspect he got himself purposely drunk, lit the fire then dropped some sleeping pills

Someone here said it would have been a slow and painful death, unfortunately (or fortunately depending on views) it would have been very swift death

CO2 poisioning isn't really poisoning, more like suffocation. the CO2 would have pushed out all the oxygen in the car and in the end he would have suffocated to death. he would have been unconscious in minutes and dead within a few more minutes

why no one noticed his car and smell?

Celebrity cars are by and large extremely well tinted, if you've ever seen one up close, you'll notice that even right next to the windows, it is VERY hard to see inside.

Smell frankly isn't really something that would noticeable walking past a random car, all the other random smells (garbage, exhaust fumes etc) would conceal the smell pretty well, not to mention a car contains smells inside pretty well due to the vast number of rubber seals.

3) Netizen Comments

Nothing ever changes in this regard. you are always bound to get someone bad mouthing another person and unfortunately it's hard to change.

the police are always going how they will fine people, punish them ETC ETC, HOWEVER they really can't be bothered. when was the last time you saw someone actually getting charged for posting messages on the internet?

there is far too much effort involved in finding and then proving with substantial evidence that said person has committed a crime that most of the time, the police will just yell all they want, but not really do anything.

it been nearly 2-3 years since the laws been put in place and so far its been unused.

4) Other stuff

The black stuff on the seat is NOT A BURN MARK, i swear its been mentioned so many times here that its a decomposition mark that i don't know why someone still thinks it is a burn mark

He burnt the coal on a little table under his feet, hence some of the pictures show said table with a round burn mark on it.

There is still a BIG question mark on how much he had actually borrowed, with some pegging the value at a significantly smaller $900K rather then the US$4 million, in the end it has highlighted to the general public the dangers of over borrowing, and if it teaches this point to the vast majority then his death was not in vain, and hope people do take notice.

it also raised the point of suicide again and it really is a major problem in Korea with not enough being done to prevent it.

Jung Sun Hee has unfortunately collapsed for the 3rd time and was unable to see the cremation process. which was done 10th September

EDIT: my bad, the cremation was on 11th September, and JSH was in attendence, but she did collapse on the 10th and is still in pretty bad state, physically and mentally

There is a lot to take out of this incident and i do hope people really give this issue a lot more thought then what it is given now.

PS

To the people putting emotion over thought

i know you may disapprove of people who are saying he was a coward and so on, but atleast allow some leverage to let this people say this, without screaming out that they are heartless and evil. In the end he has indeed left his family with a big burden and there is a need to really get down to the facts and make sure that stuff like this never occurs. I've personally never thought highly of suicides, but do understand the reasoning behind, STILL telling people they are heartless and evil for being honest about their thoughts makes you no better then the netizens that are still complaining about JSH's Anti us protest comments

Archived