Korean Celeb Photos Forum Is Cluttering.. O__o

Although I sometimes participate in those coupling threads, I'm glad they are now closed. Thank you mods for preserving the original purpose of the K celeb photos forum.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hyeminnie

Yes, the Wonder Bang thread did have both talk and photos, but they're not a real couple. That thread also had some fanfictions posted in there and that created more talk. Most pairing photos are either manips, them standing near each other, from variety shows, and special stages.

yeah, i don't understand why people think manips count as actual photos.

i'm glad they're closed.

Guest adikkeluangman

And making an entire subforum just for these couple threads alone is just seriously a waste of space considering that it'd be an entire subforum initially for nothing but imagination play and not the actual korean celebrities as themselves. Okay so in conclusion, I honestly don't know what I'd do if I were a mod- but the growing in (unnecessary) couple threads have to stop.

^So agreed with you bout waste of space to make new subforum.

Thank you mod for the action.

Guest piabebs

As we all know, the WONDERBANG thread has been CLOSED for SOME STRANGE REASONS which I find REALLY STRANGE AND UNREASONABLE. WE can just be given a warning about our unstoppable spamming. WE know that it is not right to have personal conversations in the thread because the threads made are for the comments and feedbacks of the members regarding the posted pictures, videos, etc. but admit it, WE CAN'T prevent ourselves to INTRODUCE OURSELVES, HAVE A LITTLE CONVERSATION ABOUT SOME THINGS ABOUT US, AND SHARE SOME THINGS OR IDEAS AND OUR SPAZZING TOO. It's a little AWKWARD to GIVE COMMENTS TO PEOPLE OR FRIENDS who share things to US WITHOUT HAVING A LITTLE KNOWLEDGE about their characteristics or behaviors. How can you call them 'FRIENDS' when you DO NOT know even a little info about them except for their name and age? I TELL ALL OF YOU, THAT'S VERY AWKWARD. And yes we can introduce ourselves, tell something about us, and chitchat in our PROFILE OR 411 but how about the others who DOESN’T have enough time to make 411s? CHATTING AND TELLING SOMETHING ABOUT OURSELVES IN A THREAD IS VERY CONVENIENT.HAVING CONVERSATIONS ARE WAY TOO DIFFERENT FROM SPAMMING, remember that.

THE WONDER GIRLS AND BIG BANG HAVE BEEN PAIRED BEFORE, MANY TIMES TO BE EXACT. OF COURSE WITH THOSE COLLABORATIONS, THEY HAVE BUILT FRIENDSHIP AND HARMONY BETWEEN THEM. THEY WON’T BE ABLE TO SHOW THAT OF COURSE WITH THEIR BUSY SCHEDULES. THEY ALSO HAVE THE RIGHTS TO KEEP THEIR PERSONAL LIFE A SECRET AND WE DEFINITELY KNOW IT.

WE ALL KNOW THAT THE PAIRS FOR THE SHOW ‘WE GOT MARRIED’ ARE COUPLES IN REEL LIFE AND NOT REAL PAIRS IN REAL LIFE. IM SURE SOME OF THEM DON’T LIKE THE ONE WHO WAS PAIRED UP WITH THEM BUT SOME OF THEM MIGHT DEVELOP FEELINGS FOR EACH OTHER ALSO. MY POINT IS THEY ARE NOT REAL COUPLES. THEY ARE LITERALLY PAIRED UP BY THE PDs AND BY THE PEOPLE WHO WANT THEM TO BE TOGETHER JUST LIKE THE MEMBERS IN THE THREAD WHO WANTS THE WONDER GIRLS TO BE PAIRED UP WITH BIG BANG.

DOES IT DO ANY HARM? DO WE BASH OTHER THREADS WITH SO-CALLED FAKE PAIRINGS? DOES IT TAKE A LOT OF TIME AND WORK TO DO THE MAINTENANCE WITH THE WB THREAD? DOES THE CLOSING OF THREADS WITH FAKE COUPLINGS RELATED TO THE SUBTLE COMPETITION BETWEEN THE OTHER THREADS ESPECIALLY THE WGM-RELATED THREADS? I HOPE NOT. LET US PRACTICE FAIRNESS AND EQUALITY.

SO WHY THE SUDDEN CLOSING OF THREADS WITH FAKE COUPLINGS?

WHY DIDN’T THEY CLOSE IT BEFORE WE STARTED NUMEROUS FRIENDSHIPS AND CONVERSATIONS.

I KNOW I MAY SOUND STUPID BUT THE THREAD IS LIKE OUR SECOND OR THIRD HOME. WE CAN SAVE OR GO BACK THROUGH OUR POSTS BUT HOW CAN WE CONTINUE IT? I’VE CONSIDERED SOOMPI AS THE BEST FORUM, BUT NOW, IM STARTING TO DOUBT MYSELF.

I ALSO KNOW THAT SOME OF US ARE VERY EXCITED AND EAGER TO GO HOME AND USE THE COMPUTER JUST TO LOG ONTO SOOMPI AND VISIT AND SPAZZ IN THE WB THREAD. I’LL JUST SHARE A BIT OF MY LIFE AND EXPERIENCE. WHEN OUR COMPUTER WAS BROKEN, I DIDN’T CARE IF I COULDN’T VISIT MULTIPLY OR FACEBOOK, THE WORDPRESS OR KPOP NEWS SITES. DURING THE TIME OUR COMPUTER WAS BROKEN, AFTER SCHOOL, I WOULD GO TO A COMPUTER SHOP AND VISIT SOOMPI, EXPECTING COMMENTS, PMs, UPDATES, ETC. THAT WENT ON FOR I THINK 3 DAYS. I WENT TO THE COMPUTER SHOP EVEN IF IT MEANS GOING HOME LATE, ALONE AND SPENDING A LOT OF MONEY.

ALL OF US IN THE THREAD SHARED A LOT OF LAUGHTERS, JOYS, SORROWS IN THE THREAD WITH EACH OTHER. WE LEARNED A LOT OF LESSONS, NEW THINGS, AND A WHOLE LOT MORE WHICH CAN NEVER BE LEARNED IN

WE BUILT A STRONG FRIENDSHIP AND HARMONOUS RELATIONSHIP WITH EACH OTHER. PEOPLE FROM THE SAME COUNTRY KNEW EACH OTHER BECAUSE OF THE WB THREAD.

WE ARE A FAMILY AND WILL ALWAYS BE EVEN IF WE’RE NOT BLOOD-RELATED.

I WILL FIGHT FOR OUR THREAD UNTIL IT REOPENS AND I WILL NEVER STOP.

EVEN IF I WILL BE BANNED FOREVER FOR DOING SO OR DISRESPECTING THE MODS, I WILL BE WILLING TO BE JUST FOR THE THREAD TO BE REOPENED.

but admit it, WE CAN'T prevent ourselves to INTRODUCE OURSELVES, HAVE A LITTLE CONVERSATION ABOUT SOME THINGS ABOUT US, AND SHARE SOME THINGS OR IDEAS AND OUR SPAZZING TOO. It's a little AWKWARD to GIVE COMMENTS TO PEOPLE OR FRIENDS who share things to US WITHOUT HAVING A LITTLE KNOWLEDGE about their characteristics or behaviors. How can you call them 'FRIENDS' when you DO NOT know even a little info about them except for their name and age? I TELL ALL OF YOU, THAT'S VERY AWKWARD. And yes we can introduce ourselves, tell something about us, and chitchat in our PROFILE OR 411 but how about the others who DOESN’T have enough time to make 411s? CHATTING AND TELLING SOMETHING ABOUT OURSELVES IN A THREAD IS VERY CONVENIENT.HAVING CONVERSATIONS ARE WAY TOO DIFFERENT FROM SPAMMING, remember that.

Are you just asking to be banned? :crazy: PMs and comments on profile pages exist for a reason. If you have the time to chit chat in a thread and introduce yourself to everyone then you should have the time to create a simple 411 page about yourself. There's no excuse for getting off-topic in a thread, especially on one as large as soompi. You're only making the moderators' jobs harder and obviously you have no sense of consideration for anyone else but yourself.

And if you need to be reminded, it's called a photos forum.

Guest piabebs

If you have the time to chit chat in a thread and introduce yourself to everyone then you should have the time to create a simple 411 page about yourself.

im concerned for the others who do not have the time to make and join in 411s.

it's okay for me to be banned as long as it's for the WONDERBANG thread.

that's how much i love them and the members of it.

our shared pics, vids, gifs, stories, etc ended up useless because of the closure

and the most important, the time we spent.

you could've given us warnings before.

WE ALL KNOW THAT THE PAIRS FOR THE SHOW ‘WE GOT MARRIED’ ARE COUPLES IN REEL LIFE AND NOT REAL PAIRS IN REAL LIFE. IM SURE SOME OF THEM DON’T LIKE THE ONE WHO WAS PAIRED UP WITH THEM BUT SOME OF THEM MIGHT DEVELOP FEELINGS FOR EACH OTHER ALSO. MY POINT IS THEY ARE NOT REAL COUPLES. THEY ARE LITERALLY PAIRED UP BY THE PDs AND BY THE PEOPLE WHO WANT THEM TO BE TOGETHER JUST LIKE THE MEMBERS IN THE THREAD WHO WANTS THE WONDER GIRLS TO BE PAIRED UP WITH BIG BANG.

i agree with this.

WGM's couple aren't real couple either.

i think the thread that need to be close are those paring who didn't work with each other at all.

they are just paired up cos the fans think/feel that they look good together

=)

Guest damifino

The closed coupling threads I saw made my day. Looking forward to browsing the kcelebs photos section like before. Thanks :3

I've never been in a couples thread and have no idea who is who in most of the couple names folks are talking about (and before you try to enlighten me, don't... I couldn't care less who they are) AND I applaud the moderators' decision since I agree that all these shouldn't be in the K-celeb Photo section, but I have to say, the closing of the threads seem rather random so far. I was going through the Official Picture Thread Index

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=222974

and noticed that while some threads were rightfully closed, others that should be, weren't. If they are going to close the threads, shouldn't they close ALL the threads that don't follow the rules? Or are the rules so new that the moderators haven't had the time to go through the Official Picture Thread Index to close all of them yet and only closed those that were on the first few pages of the Celeb Photo section? I apologize if this sounds pushy or demanding since it has only been a day since the new rule went into affect.

About the second rule about it being ok to have a pairing thread if they have worked together as long as it doesn't imply romance between the two, shouldn't the "couple" threads be for folks who have had more than just a one time or infrequent collaboration? Even though I don't personally participate in any of them, I can understand why drama pairings such as YEH/JJH, variety show pairings such as WGM couples, and even DJ pairings who work together on a daily basis have a thread of their own since they worked together over a long extended period of time and are constantly dealing with each other so there are new topics to discuss, but it seems like it's just inviting "shippers" by having a pairing of Artist A and Artist B just because they worked together on one instance where the thread users have no new work/collaboration to talk about and have to rehash their one time collaboration or else discuss how cute they'd look together to keep the thread going.

Also the third part of the rule about it being ok to have a Pic thread for an individual member of a group, but not for solo artists/groups as a whole since they have their own threads and thus don't need a Pic thread... how does this apply to non-musicians? I notice that folks like Jang Geun Suk, Lee Jun Ki, Go Ara, etc. have both their own acting threads AND a picture thread too.

ETA

How does the Korean Celeb Photos banning of "fake" couple thread affect the music threads? Now that those threads have closed, some are bringing their fake couple fandom into the artist thread in the Music Forums. Is fanart of a fake coupling with photoshopped images allowed in the Music Forums threads or does this fall into the "don't discuss other artists in another artist thread" rule even though it wasn't a written discussion?

Guest saranghae!

^^ That's a really good point. If you don't give people a place to talk about it they're going to go wherever they can. No matter what a waste of space some people think it is I think soompi should at least provide a place for people to talk about their couplings.

I used to browse the kceleb forum on my sister's account.

I still don't understand why the WGM threads were exempt from this wave of closed topics. They (just like some other threads) are just working together and so have a thread dedicated to the pairing works in the same way it did for the Suyin thread (an example).

I think that if you're closing some threads you should close them all.

Because the WGM threads are just as messed up as the other couple threads were.

As we all know, the WONDERBANG thread has been CLOSED for SOME STRANGE REASONS which I find REALLY STRANGE AND UNREASONABLE. WE can just be given a warning about our unstoppable spamming. WE know that it is not right to have personal conversations in the thread because the threads made are for the comments and feedbacks of the members regarding the posted pictures, videos, etc. but admit it, WE CAN'T prevent ourselves to INTRODUCE OURSELVES, HAVE A LITTLE CONVERSATION ABOUT SOME THINGS ABOUT US, AND SHARE SOME THINGS OR IDEAS AND OUR SPAZZING TOO. It's a little AWKWARD to GIVE COMMENTS TO PEOPLE OR FRIENDS who share things to US WITHOUT HAVING A LITTLE KNOWLEDGE about their characteristics or behaviors. How can you call them 'FRIENDS' when you DO NOT know even a little info about them except for their name and age? I TELL ALL OF YOU, THAT'S VERY AWKWARD. And yes we can introduce ourselves, tell something about us, and chitchat in our PROFILE OR 411 but how about the others who DOESN’T have enough time to make 411s? CHATTING AND TELLING SOMETHING ABOUT OURSELVES IN A THREAD IS VERY CONVENIENT.HAVING CONVERSATIONS ARE WAY TOO DIFFERENT FROM SPAMMING, remember that.

THE WONDER GIRLS AND BIG BANG HAVE BEEN PAIRED BEFORE, MANY TIMES TO BE EXACT. OF COURSE WITH THOSE COLLABORATIONS, THEY HAVE BUILT FRIENDSHIP AND HARMONY BETWEEN THEM. THEY WON’T BE ABLE TO SHOW THAT OF COURSE WITH THEIR BUSY SCHEDULES. THEY ALSO HAVE THE RIGHTS TO KEEP THEIR PERSONAL LIFE A SECRET AND WE DEFINITELY KNOW IT.

DOES IT DO ANY HARM? DO WE BASH OTHER THREADS WITH SO-CALLED FAKE PAIRINGS? DOES IT TAKE A LOT OF TIME AND WORK TO DO THE MAINTENANCE WITH THE WB THREAD? DOES THE CLOSING OF THREADS WITH FAKE COUPLINGS RELATED TO THE SUBTLE COMPETITION BETWEEN THE OTHER THREADS ESPECIALLY THE WGM-RELATED THREADS? I HOPE NOT. LET US PRACTICE FAIRNESS AND EQUALITY.

WHY DIDN’T THEY CLOSE IT BEFORE WE STARTED NUMEROUS FRIENDSHIPS AND CONVERSATIONS.

I KNOW I MAY SOUND STUPID BUT THE THREAD IS LIKE OUR SECOND OR THIRD HOME. WE CAN SAVE OR GO BACK THROUGH OUR POSTS BUT HOW CAN WE CONTINUE IT? I’VE CONSIDERED SOOMPI AS THE BEST FORUM, BUT NOW, IM STARTING TO DOUBT MYSELF.

I ALSO KNOW THAT SOME OF US ARE VERY EXCITED AND EAGER TO GO HOME AND USE THE COMPUTER JUST TO LOG ONTO SOOMPI AND VISIT AND SPAZZ IN THE WB THREAD. I’LL JUST SHARE A BIT OF MY LIFE AND EXPERIENCE. WHEN OUR COMPUTER WAS BROKEN, I DIDN’T CARE IF I COULDN’T VISIT MULTIPLY OR FACEBOOK, THE WORDPRESS OR KPOP NEWS SITES. DURING THE TIME OUR COMPUTER WAS BROKEN, AFTER SCHOOL, I WOULD GO TO A COMPUTER SHOP AND VISIT SOOMPI, EXPECTING COMMENTS, PMs, UPDATES, ETC. THAT WENT ON FOR I THINK 3 DAYS. I WENT TO THE COMPUTER SHOP EVEN IF IT MEANS GOING HOME LATE, ALONE AND SPENDING A LOT OF MONEY.

ALL OF US IN THE THREAD SHARED A LOT OF LAUGHTERS, JOYS, SORROWS IN THE THREAD WITH EACH OTHER. WE LEARNED A LOT OF LESSONS, NEW THINGS, AND A WHOLE LOT MORE WHICH CAN NEVER BE LEARNED IN

WE BUILT A STRONG FRIENDSHIP AND HARMONOUS RELATIONSHIP WITH EACH OTHER. PEOPLE FROM THE SAME COUNTRY KNEW EACH OTHER BECAUSE OF THE WB THREAD.

WE ARE A FAMILY AND WILL ALWAYS BE EVEN IF WE’RE NOT BLOOD-RELATED.

I WILL FIGHT FOR OUR THREAD UNTIL IT REOPENS AND I WILL NEVER STOP.

EVEN IF I WILL BE BANNED FOREVER FOR DOING SO OR DISRESPECTING THE MODS, I WILL BE WILLING TO BE JUST FOR THE THREAD TO BE REOPENED.

If you want to make a point I don't think you should type in all caps. Quite hard to read. I didn't even bother to finish through the first paragraph after you started caps.

Didn't you guys create a wonderbang forum? You could easily use that. I don't see why you guys are allowed to be exempt from being closed just because you created friendships.. you can still PM each other and talk to each other or go to your WB forum to talk about any WonderBang happenings. I'm sure the thread could have been left open if it did NOT turn into something romantic considering that Wonder Girls and Big Bang DID have a couple collabs. When you guys started pairing them up into something romantic it became FAKE couplings. And yes, conversations = spam.

I just saw the part crispy.donuts` quoted in your mass rant. There was nothing sudden about it. It was a long time coming.. these threads (including official picture threads) were overcrowding the forum and has been a problem for quite a while.

I still don't understand why the WGM threads were exempt from this wave of closed topics. They (just like some other threads) are just working together and so have a thread dedicated to the pairing works in the same way it did for the Suyin thread (an example).

I think that if you're closing some threads you should close them all.

Because the WGM threads are just as messed up as the other couple threads were.

I agree. But I don't think Soompi wants to completely cut its Soompiers off from everything and become an overly strict forum. People start complaining there's way too many regulations or whatever. It says the WGM threads are let open for NOW. So I think they're still trying to come up with solutions to the current problem in the k-celebs photo forum.

There seems to be so many exceptions to the new ban. But I guess they're still working on it. I'm just happy at least something's finally being done.. ^^

We're deciding if we should ban the WGM topics as well. They are just as bad, or worse, than the fake coupling topics.

how does this apply to non-musicians? I notice that folks like Jang Geun Suk, Lee Jun Ki, Go Ara, etc. have both their own acting threads AND a picture thread too.

The same applies for actors and actresses. I haven't had the time to go over every single topic yet.

If you don't give people a place to talk about it they're going to go wherever they can. No matter what a waste of space some people think it is I think soompi should at least provide a place for people to talk about their couplings.

One alternative is the Soompi Fan Clubs. http://soompi.com/fanclub We are a kpop site as well, not just a forum. :)

Guest kimchi hana

Wow, piabebs. A little too melodramatic.

When I visited the WB thread, it drove me nuts to be honest.

There is too much spam going around everywhere with

"I think _____ and ______ look the best together!"

"BLAH BLAH BLAH IS MY FAVORITE THEY LOOK SO CUTE TOGETHER!@#$"

And not just the WB thread. Even in individual artists' threads.

The mods probably kept WGM because they have frequent interactions.

But that doesn't mean they don't spam either...

I think the problem would be solved if people DID NOT SPAM.

We all know that is impossible.

Guest saranghae!

We're deciding if we should ban the WGM topics as well. They are just as bad, or worse, than the fake coupling topics.

One alternative is the Soompi Fan Clubs. http://soompi.com/fanclub We are a kpop site as well, not just a forum. :)

I really think the WGM threads are the same as the other couple threads so I think they should be banned. Or merged into one giant WGM thread rather than have threads for each individual couple.

My only gripe with the Soompi Fanclubs is that you have to register another account to use them. ^__^"

Anyways thanks for taking the time to address my concerns.

if the threads really bother some of you guys then just don't go into the threads...

but oh my it must really give you an eyesore just to look at the threads huh?

i love how soompi is so biased in so many ways with so many people runnning around

wanting the world to spin in their direction.

"it's annoying"

"it's cluttered"

DEAL WIT IT cause it's not only you that's looking at the threads.

Guest hyeminnie

^ Well, I could easily say the same to you. If you don't like the coupling threads being closed, DEAL WITH IT.

There are other people who visit the Kceleb Pictures subforum to get updates.

i love how soompi is so biased in so many ways with so many people runnning around

wanting the world to spin in their direction.

Oh, wow... Biased? LOL

How exactly are we biased about coupling theads? We're stating our OPINION on them.

Guest squeaky

i don't know...maybe wgm threads should be closed, but the thing is that those "couples" are actually in a show that promotes the "what if" factor. it's a show. so maybe they should go in the show forums...XD iono.

V

agreed!

Guest safelittlethoughts

I find it quite funny how people are being so defensive over a couple thread. They're not real~! They were never going out. Thus, that's why they're called "fake couples". The only couple threads that SHOULD be allowed are the real ones.

^ Well, I could easily say the same to you. If you don't like the coupling threads being closed, DEAL WITH IT.

There are other people who visit the Kceleb Pictures subforum to get updates.

Agree 100%. The K-celeb pictures forum is not for couple use.

^^ That's a really good point. If you don't give people a place to talk about it they're going to go wherever they can. No matter what a waste of space some people think it is I think soompi should at least provide a place for people to talk about their couplings.

/

If they want to talk about the couples, let them talk over PM or soompi could create a SPAM forum. I don't know, but that would be too much forum space used up.

So, the pairing threads are gone.

If you keep whining about it, cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it. This is not your forum.

Guest .moony.

Hello I came here to thank the mods for closing all the coupling threads. The forum is so much cleaner now and I bet within the next few months it'd be much easier to find updates on new artists etc like it used to be years ago.

And I dont mind if you close the WGM threads as well, so people would stop complaining about soompi not being fair and whatnot.

I don't have multiple accounts on soompi thanks. When I say "back by popular demand" I'm referring to my signature.

What exactly can the mods do about my signature right now? All i'm saying is i think that i should be allowed to express my opinion about snsd - nothing wrong with that.

I also dislike SNSD but your signature is so retarded and immature. If you think Soshified is so great then just go there and don't even come here and bash soompi in your signature. :blink: That's kinda ironic dont you think?

Soompi does not HAVE TO provide anything for anyone. We should be happy that soomp! is keeping this forum open since we meet so many people who have similar interest, get infos bout artists/music etc here. Of course it can never satisfy 100% everyone who came here. There will always be ignorant demanding ungrateful people who can't appreciate soompi for what it is.

If some people dont like it and threaten to leave, then let them leave. I bet with you they will have to come back here after a while. Or it's fine if they don't. No one appreciates complainers. I think it's best they create a new forum for themselves and discuss the couplings.

It's ridiculous for the minority 1% to ask for a subforum from soompi when soompi can use that space for the other 99%'s needs.

Archived