[drama 2009] Kyung Sook, Kyung Sook's Father / My Dad Loves Trouble 경숙이, &#

Guest huangsy

Guest lisante

I don't know but as of now, I have a feeling that this is a not-so-successful drama. Good luck to them. Hope they'll be able to last.

It's not a normal mini. It's a four parter filler to fill the gab between 'real minis'. But as a filler, it was a very sussessful. At least the rating was much higher than A Star's Lover.

Guest MisterX

14% last episode and average around 12-13% despite having not one single star, praise all over the board from critics and public alike for faithfully adapting the theater play, looking great (full pre-broadcast shoot) and displaying great acting with verve (not to mention a badass script), and generally being balls of fun with brains added to the mix. Not successful? 무신 하느님 설사하는 개 헛소린겨...

Guest avonmarissa

Thank you very much, subbing team. Kyeong Sook and her father are hilarious. The father does not have much of a conscience or rather a warped way of thinking, lol.

Guest thunderbolt

14% last episode and average around 12-13% despite having not one single star...

Is Jung Bo Seok not considered a star? :o He definitely is, in my books. B) Has the guy won any acting awards in his career, X? 'Tis a travesty if he hasn't. Of course am not expecting him to win the popularity awards, but at least acknowledge his acting chops, for crying out loud.

The grandma in the first episode is a hoot. Love her! BTW, who's the guy selling the janggu? He looks and sounds so familiar.

Is Jung Bo Seok not considered a star? :o He definitely is, in my books. B) Has the guy won any acting awards in his career, X? 'Tis a travesty if he hasn't. Of course am not expecting him to win the popularity awards, but at least acknowledge his acting chops, for crying out loud.

The grandma in the first episode is a hoot. Love her! BTW, who's the guy selling the janggu? He looks and sounds so familiar.

He is definitely a star to me too, haha! Especially since i love Dae Jo Yeong. Anyway contrary to your belief, i don't think he won any acting awards, but he won the popularity award in the KBS 2007 Drama Awards! Haha :D

Anyway, back to the drama, i just watched the first episode and i thought it was fantastic! Love both Shim Eun Kyung and Jung Bo Suk, and of course, granny was good too. :lol:

Thanks for the subs!

Guest MisterX

When I say star, I usually mean he acts like a star (don't really care about the rest). But, objectively, Jung Bo-Seok is just a well known actor, and that's it. Everyone will recognize him on the street, but he's not going to get Jang Dong-Gun style crowds around him if he goes out to buy ice cream. Tremendous actor, one of the very best of his generation, but not a draw by himself and very far from being a star in the "traditional" sense.

The man selling the janggu... yeah, he's a familiar face, but not enough to remember his name.

I've been curious about this drama since reading about the play. So, I'm especially glad to see subs for this short drama.

I find the first episode very interesting and is looking forward to the other three episodes. I really like the daughter's character. The actress that plays the daughter is a very good actress. And, I'm familiar with the actor that plays the father, from his role in La Dolce Vita. Magnificent actor.

Thank you WithS2 and misterX for doing this project. :)

Guest thunderbolt

When I say star, I usually mean he acts like a star (don't really care about the rest). But, objectively, Jung Bo-Seok is just a well known actor, and that's it. Everyone will recognize him on the street, but he's not going to get Jang Dong-Gun style crowds around him if he goes out to buy ice cream. Tremendous actor, one of the very best of his generation, but not a draw by himself and very far from being a star in the "traditional" sense.

Tremendous actor indeed. *nods head off* I watched ep 2 last night and remembered what you wrote (see below) about him being his best when in hyper ventilation mode. :D

From misterX's The 2008 X Drama Awards:

2008 BEST MALE VETERAN

정보석 (Jung Bo-Seok)

달콤한 인생 (La Dolce Vita)

And to think that, at first, I didn’t like the guy.

No, seriously. The more you age, the better you start to understand how your own tastes are changing along with your alleged maturation, not only in direction (like, say, going from bling manure to The Roots is like saying… Gee! I can drive, make babies, and sue my neighbor now. I’m an adult!), but also all the spices associated with that. The young porcupine fella, apparently, couldn’t enjoy the Shakespearean tone of one Mr. Jung, which seemed to inundate his acting most of the time. If you take a look at his early film work at the beginning of the 90s, such as Bae Chang-Ho’s 꿈 (Dream), 젊은 날의 초상 (Portrait of Our Days of Youth), or the excellent 걸어서 하늘까지 (Walking all the Way to Heaven) — great book, great drama, great film. That’s a first. — you’ll feel a certain vibe. I call it the “Gwangju Class” (he was born there), that dozen or so actors who more or less debuted around the Gwangju Massacre, turned the page along with Chungmuro through social protest films and started putting the focus back on acting — Moon Sung-Geun is another great example. It almost felt like their acting was… political? But I digress.

So when did I exactly start liking Jung Bo-Seok? He was hilarious as the preppy cop in the glorious black comedy 개같은 날의 오후 (A Hot Roof), good as Kim Ok-Gyun in the sageuk 찬란한 여명 (Glorious Dawn), and all the way to Hong Sang-Soo’s 오! 수정 (Virgin Stripped Bare by Her Bachelors), he generally maintained a similar level of quality. Ahh… there. Hong Sang-Soo. He joined the late Lee Eun-Joo and Moon Sung-Geun in what’s still one of Hong’s quirkiest and most accomplished works, and pretty much stamped his photo (or at least his character’s) next to term 찌질이 (doesn’t really have a suitable English translation, but more or less “annoying prick”) in the dictionary. It felt as if it was the last film he was going to shoot, going full force, jumping up and down barrels of misery and glory all together. It was lovely, a true spectacle.

It’s strange, because Jung has done just about everything, he’s even starred in plenty of shows I couldn’t care less about — 인어 아가씨 (Mermaid Girl) anyone? Yet, when he finds the right project, he can shine like nobody else in Yeoeuido can. Look at him almost steal the show from Lee Jae-Ryong as the ruthless merchant Jung Chi-Soo in 상도 (Sang Do), or turn Jung Ha-Yeon’s glorious ode to the 60s into visual poetry, while narrating 명동백작 (The Count of Myeongdong). Jung Ha-Yeon clearly means a lot to Jung Bo-Seok’s career, as he’s starred in five of his last seven dramas. In 2006, I “negated” him the Best Veteran award for his insane, immense performance as King Gongmin in 신돈 (Shin Don) simply on the grounds that any excellent actor would have made him a great character, because of Jung’s majestic writing — and, for the opposite reason, Jeon Gwang-Ryeol of 주몽 (Jumong) won, turning Choi Wan-Gyu’s puerile simpleton scribbling into a memorable character like Geumwa. But you couldn’t certainly say the same about Ha Dong-Won. Sure, the writing is great. But I can’t think of any actor in his 40s who would have turned this alpha male into something so vivid, so miserable, tragic and beautiful at the same time. In pure Tony Soprano vein, you don’t have to love him, but you’re going to respect him.

Jung did the same as Gongmin, so probably Jung Ha-Yeon did this on purpose, but if you notice his acting, he’s at his best when the character is in hyper ventilation mode. Be it sadness, despair or whatever, Jung explodes with his ad-libs in a way only he can do, like his sudden “ogenki desu ka” scream when his wife was talking of the sweet memories of Sapporo. It’s a joy, seeing someone turn a character that should be so out there into something humane, breathing, pumping blood like every single one of us. There’s a good reason why some people tend to prefer a great bad guy, and Jung certainly can be the meanest of them all, when given the chance. Pathetic and glorious, one of Jung’s greatest achievements, one of his most memorable characters.

credit: withs2.com

withs2subsgyeongsukfathqs4.jpg

BROUGHT TO YOU BY WITH S2

WRITTEN IN THE HEAVENS SUBBING SQUAD

:wub::wub: CELEBRATING WITH S2 - 82nd COMPLETED PROJECT :wub::wub:

EPISODE 4 *Ental* ENGLISH SUBS

CREDITS:

Main Translator & Timer: MisterX

Editor/QC: thunderbolt

Coordinators: mily2, ay_link

Guest thunderbolt

I love this drama to pieces. :wub: Everything about it is pretty much PERFECT. Would definitely be my favorite drama of the year if it had been shown last year.

Guest avonmarissa

I love this drama to pieces. :wub: Everything about it is pretty much PERFECT. Would definitely be my favorite drama of the year if it had been shown last year.

I second that. I find my self amused and at the same time repulsed by the actions of Kyeong Sook's dad. The actor who played that part did a great job. Thanks WITH S2 for subbing this wonderful drama.

• 5 years later...

hi everybody, I'm trying to download drama My dad loves trouble, but my torrent link stopped at 70%, maybe this drama is too old :(I really want to see this drama. I wonder if somebody keeps it. please help mep.s I'm sorry because of my bad English

Archived