Jia Jang Myun (korean Black Bean Noodles)

Guest Mariemerong

Guest miss`shim

ive had it once in a while

its really good, it sorta tastes like

afredo? but the flavor is more on the soy saucy side?..

i think its made with like black bean paste or sumthing

ver ver verrrry good teehee(=

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest johnnifer

it's really good ! instant does it no justice and so does the picture. i always have cravings but i'm lazy to go. it's really good.

--Jenn Ly

Guest YUNICA

i tried before when i was in Korea.

it was a lil sticky at first and it taste okay for me.

maybe i'm not used to it coz i usually have noodles with soy sauce. ;D

it taste a lil like soy sauce too. i would love to try it again tho, coz i missed having it now. LOL!

Guest LoveMandee

Oh, I love Jja jjang myun. They're based on the Chinese dish Zha Jiang Mian, which is a popular dish in my family. We usually make it with ground beef and fresh cucumbers on the side. So good~ ^^

Guest <3StrawberryPocky<3

Jia Jang Myun is awesome!! Lol. I don't know how to really describe it though because its varies in restaurants and ways people cook them. My parents make it sometimes, and the sauce is thin, but a little creamy...if that makes sense. Lol.

Guest diopatra

everytime i go to korean restaurant, that's the first thing i look for, but they dont have it.

never tried it, and i am curious what does it taste like

• 4 months later...

Oh my, I love love love this dish. I make it so often, it's insane. I began making it when I was watching a ton of korean dramas, then I realized this is like korean version spaghetti because it takes like next to no time to make it.

Guest SoShi.Fan

ITS SO YUMMY <3

you can get it anywhere here in US . ;D

or atleast, any korean stores or chinese stores.

it's considered chinese food in korea.(:

• 11 months later...
Guest Special Ed

I live in an asian goods deprived city and I finally found a small korean store that sells the black bean sauce. So if I want to attempt to make it, what kind of noodle should I get? The yellow chinese chow mien noodle? And would I just cook the noodle and meat/veggie, put it in a bowl, and pour the sauce over it?

Guest TurtleXGeojitmal

I've been craving real authentic Jajangmyun for hella long.

All I've had are instant jajangmyun, but everyone says thatsnot the say as freshly cooked jajangmyun.

Well the instant stuff just really taste like instant ramen with a strong black bean flavor.

I had it for the first time while visiting HK. My friends and I stumbled upon this little Korean fast food restaurant ran by Koreans of course. I loved the place and I wish there was one by my house. Jjajangmyun isn't really my taste I guess. I wasn't thrilled about it. It was mediocre at best. I guess I just don't like the tremendous amount of black bean flavor.

Archived