Jia Jang Myun (korean Black Bean Noodles)

Guest Mariemerong

jajangmyun in korea is unbelievable

Lol I think a lot of Koreans would be kind of shocked to hear that. Jajjang is just junk food here, like getting greasy Chinese takeout in the U.S. It's about $4-5 for a big bowl of it. Whenever I admit to having it for dinner, I earn a lot of tsk-tsk's from my co-workers. :blush:

-ginger

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kyaaax3

I'm not a big fan of it, but I do enjoy it once in a while (with rice vinegar and Siracha). The best I've ever had though comes from home. I've had the jajiangmyun from both Korea and Taiwan and none compare to my mom's. <3

I love this stuff. I've been eating it for years and only discovered what it was actually called until today (I went out with some friends and specifically ordered it according to its name). The cafe I've been going to named it something else. I think it was called House Special....? xD I want some now!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest J i j i - n e k o

The picture of jjajangmyun posted up there is kinda... uh, weird-looking o.o.

But yes, I ate it so many times. I like it most of the time, and sometimes, I just don't. XD

Guest .ChocoCat.

ever since me and my friend started watching korean dramas last year, or two ago?

we've been craving it sooo bad. we'd always plan to go, but never did.

finally, since my other korean friend got into Otis art school whatever, we decided to celebrate so she took us to ktown

to eat our first bowl of jjajangmyeon! yay lol we were so happy! and it was gooood.. i think i'm going back for more this weekend ^^

I have it all the time. I'm not going to lie, it's really tasty. I don't know how to explain it though.. it's like trying to explain what rice tastes like. Err I don't even know if that's a good example lol.

Guest Fiona =)

MM I have it at a local Korean restaurants. Tastes good :) Everytime I watch k dramas or shows where theyre eating it, I totally crave for it! ><

Guest JJ.biased

HEHHE I really like it ^^"ever since my friend tooked me to eat it. living in a small town like adelaide i was very surprised i found like 2 stores that sells it ^__^"

• 1 month later...

tried it in a korean restaurant once.. hmm it was really nice..

the black been sauce is delish.. but when I'm eating the noodles :( , i don't know why but it tastes so bland in my tongue..

i dunno but when i tasted korean dishes i think it always lack 1-2% like there's something missing..

well maybe it's just my native tongue~

oh and i also tried the instant.. it was really fine~

i think it's almost resembles the original...

when the dish was ready, i looked at it... hmm it doesn't look right.. because it's so... watery..

but when i left it a few minutes, the sauce started to be 'mild'(forgot the actual word) and really tasted like black bean noodle^^

overall.. it's pretty good :)

Archived