What Is The Most Prettiest/unique Japanese Name You've Ever Heard Of Or Came Across?

Guest Naimie

Guest Naimie

Yeah it's a random question, I was looking at japanese celebs and noticed they all have unique names. Then the question popped up in my head. I also have no idea where to put this thread soooo yeah move it if you like.

So what is the prettiest or nicest sounding Japanese name you have ever heard of or known of?

I think mine would be Ayumi..

Edit: Oops sorry, now that I thought about it, it should've been in the General Section.. aaah not thinking again. Sorry guys it's suppose to be bed time for me.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Naimie

Wrong section? it doesn't relate to fashion/beauty at all :huh:

Ayumi? I don't think that's really unique IMO o_O It's so common.

Oh, well I'm not a japanese celeb fanatic.. so I wouldn't know =[

Guest xDitslan

Suki and Mizaki(?) are nice names. I like Ayumi and Yui too.. I used to like Sakura, but that name is soooo over used.

Guest delighted

Maybe they all sound really unique from outside Japan, but honestly, a lot of the names are really common. When I studied in Japan, at my school all the kids had nicknames because so many of them had the same first names.

Guest infinityyy

Saiie (...yeah, I got it from the fanfic 'Banana Pancakes' xD I love it though.)

and... Pochama. The name of my Pokemon penguin :D

Guest itchywurms

uhmm not prettiest but quite unique..

eriko and airi.

maybe i find it unique because i'm no japanese but i use to go there every winter though. lol.

Noriko.

I don't know why I like that name so much, might be because I read Harumi Murakami's Norwegian Wood and IIRC, one of the characters was called that. But I don't think it's really unique.

I think a really unique Japanese name would be like, a foreign-based one. That would probably be unique.

But since I don't live in Japan I don't know many Japanese names...

I also love the name Yuna! Nice name to call a girl~

Guest kurumi

Hitomi (I immidiately fall in love with a person named Hitomi. I just love it so much.)

Miyabi

Rika

Yuna (Final Fantasy lol)

Hana

etc.

Japanese names are unique generally. 8D

Guest iced.green.tea

Yukiyo

Kaoru

Erika

Hotaru (means 'firefly')

Misako