(official) Sm Audition 2008 [toronto] Updated

Guest j-tan03

Guest Superjuniorislovex3

okay... so i'm guessing they haven't reached my number yet.... o-o

but they're in vancouver right? for well vancouver auditions...

so they just... only went through half? O-o or are other judges going to look through them?

well im assuming the judges are the same for vancouver since they told luu-who some days ago that they were already leaving and it would make sense if it was for the vancouver auditions. I want to say they didn't finish watching our videos and are watching some of vancouver's so they don't miss out on one location just because they're trying to finish toronto's? (run on sentence >.< LOL) but we'll never know for sure unless we or someone we know works there. Just hope for the best and if not look for more opportunities ^^ Thousands of people want to be in SM (Toronto had 500 alone and it wasn't like EVERYONE that wanted to come COULD [busy, etc] so if you add the other auditioners in the other locations, yes thousands O_O) and every location less then 15 get callbacks usually. To actually be a trainee i say less than 3-5 per locations. The chances are really slim. I'm trying to find other companies that i could try out for or post on youtube (scared of mean comments or fellow classmates seeing >.< lool)

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest faithpuppy

well its not so much of getting in or not to me anymore... its more like have they even watched my audition or not in my mind now [don't ask... my brain is weird]

Guest DBSK_4LYSS4

I found a vid of the auditions @ the Korea Times~ http://video.koreatimes.net/

OMG.WOW.EWW.I SAW MYSELF :S In the line....*dies*

D: OMG I was like 158...so they haven't even got to our vids yet?!?!....I'm probably not gonna make it if they're going for looks...no, scratch that, no chance at all...*sighs heavily*.....*dies again*

Guest faithpuppy

going for looks? hmm... i don't know if i look pretty or anything, I think I'm average... but well wouldn't you look prettier with makeup on?? so i don't know if they'd base it on looks...

Guest idoldreamer

it's funny that i know that there's a 1/100000000000000000000000000th chance for SM to be doing callbacks this late, but i'm still hoping by making up random thoughts...like maybe they haven't seen my part of the video recordings or they didn't call me cuz i live in the US...haha. i guess there are other ppl in the same boat as me...

well its not so much of getting in or not to me anymore... its more like have they even watched my audition or not in my mind now [don't ask... my brain is weird]

ooh lol. well i just wanted to encourage you to open your choices more because i thought... yeah im weird too dont worry LOL.

Guest KayrinJJ

yaa... i'm pretty sure that they are TOTALLY looking for good-looking people...

its like soo obvious cuz yaa... T____________T

my friend got a callback and when she walked into the audition room, the judges just looked at her and KEPT looking at her LOL...

and they were really nice like the cd she was dancing to got stuck and they played another one for her cuz they had the same song

and they accidently didn't start at the beginning so she messed up and got confused and they were like it's okaay and replayed it again...

like.. wowie.. right ?

Guest faithpuppy

well honestly i thought there were a lot of people who looked great so i don't really know what exactly defines as "good-looking" people @.@

Guest KayrinJJ

well honestly i thought there were a lot of people who looked great so i don't really know what exactly defines as "good-looking" people @.@

yaa... wat SM wants...

a total mystery....

*sigh...*

Guest kaestar

yaa... wat SM wants...

a total mystery....

*sigh...*

yeah i've heard from people who know people in the company

that they are looking for people they can market well so yes in other words physical appearance was and is

very big this year. a lot of you probably don't know but SM is in debt, so they are probably looking

for a lot of people that are marketable, plus they are in deep competition with JYP and YG.

Personally, I think SM needs to step out of their comfort zone and start going with JYP and YG style if they want to

be successful. Because as we can all see, the most successful "teen" artists at the moment are 2pm/am wonder girls and big bang.. and i guess in some cases SHINee .. but I think SM's strategies aren't that good. i think they need to

step into the styles of JYP and YG if they truly want to be successful.

Guest idoldreamer

yeah i've heard from people who know people in the company

that they are looking for people they can market well so yes in other words physical appearance was and is

very big this year. a lot of you probably don't know but SM is in debt, so they are probably looking

for a lot of people that are marketable, plus they are in deep competition with JYP and YG.

wow...this is very depressing to hear...all i think i have is looks (i'm part of a modeling agency right now). but i guess i have absolutely NOTHING to offer them if i didn't get a callback yet...time to give up i guess.

Guest KayrinJJ

a lot of you probably don't know but SM is in debt, so they are probably looking

Personally, I think SM needs to step out of their comfort zone and start going with JYP and YG style if they want to

be successful. Because as we can all see, the most successful "teen" artists at the moment are 2pm/am wonder girls and big bang.. and i guess in some cases SHINee .. but I think SM's strategies aren't that good. i think they need to

step into the styles of JYP and YG if they truly want to be successful.

yaa... i knoe wat you mean... like SM's style is REALLY falling behind... like wat it looks like to me, SM is only being able to stay as one of the top three companies still was cuz of DBSK's Mirotic (i'm not being biased or anything...buut...)

like honestly... DBSK is the only one that SM can lean and count on 100% especially with the dramatic change in their style that's starting to match JYP&YG a lil y'knoe... and a bit of SHINee occasionally too... (like you said)

other than that.. i really dont think they're making much progress on any other singers...

i think that's prolley one of the reasons they agreed to let Jaejoong go into that drama business thingy >.>

like i go to a school that has like LOADS of Koreans in them and honestly, NONE of them think like SM has AWESOME music. the only ones they listen to is DBSK and occasionally SHINee. SuJu music, to Koreans (non-ELFs) are not really appealing at all... like NO OFFENCE i love SJ and all but i'm not so much into their music y'knoe...

and we prolley all knoe BoA is not doing so well either... cuz like no offence, her song Eat You Up was one of the worst songs i've heard from her. i'm sorry buut like if it doesn't catch MY attention, let alone the rest of the American population who dont like realy knoe about Asian stuff and dont care much about BoA's real talent and wat she's REALLY capable of. her debut song is just not enough to give her an opening into such a harsh music industry like America's. like i look up to BoA and all buut... her song didn't really get to me much ^^;

SM HWAITING ! :sweatingbullets: this time we gotta cheer for YOU

(so you better be nicer to us LOL :lol:)

Guest faithpuppy

i'm still a bit hopeful [i don't know why, i just am! even though people say its over @.@ (weird brain)]

but it was fun though ^_^ especially finding a whole lot of people on soompi WERE there... even though i didn't know anybody

Guest kaestar

yaa... i knoe wat you mean... like SM's style is REALLY falling behind... like wat it looks like to me, SM is only being able to stay as one of the top three companies still was cuz of DBSK's Mirotic (i'm not being biased or anything...buut...)

like honestly... DBSK is the only one that SM can lean and count on 100% especially with the dramatic change in their style that's starting to match JYP&YG a lil y'knoe... and a bit of SHINee occasionally too... (like you said)

other than that.. i really dont think they're making much progress on any other singers...

i think that's prolley one of the reasons they agreed to let Jaejoong go into that drama business thingy >.>

like i go to a school that has like LOADS of Koreans in them and honestly, NONE of them think like SM has AWESOME music. the only ones they listen to is DBSK and occasionally SHINee. SuJu music, to Koreans (non-ELFs) are not really appealing at all... like NO OFFENCE i love SJ and all but i'm not so much into their music y'knoe...

and we prolley all knoe BoA is not doing so well either... cuz like no offence, her song Eat You Up was one of the worst songs i've heard from her. i'm sorry buut like if it doesn't catch MY attention, let alone the rest of the American population who dont like realy knoe about Asian stuff and dont care much about BoA's real talent and wat she's REALLY capable of. her debut song is just not enough to give her an opening into such a harsh music industry like America's. like i look up to BoA and all buut... her song didn't really get to me much ^^;

SM HWAITING ! :sweatingbullets: this time we gotta cheer for YOU

(so you better be nicer to us LOL :lol:)

hahaha well yeah plus the thing i hate about SM is that all their artists are known as

"SM'S ARTISTS" you know? like epik high is known as EPIK HIGH and mc mong is known as mc mong

and hyori lee is known as hyori lee not "DSP'S artist" i just dont like the fact that when i look at an SM artist i think of them as SM'S babies.

lol i had a dream that i got an email, a text message that i got a callback and they gave me their number to call i should have memorized it lmfao it was 647 something >.< it's such a sad dream to me though because in my dream i was really happy just to wake up and go sigh.. not real.

Guest faithpuppy

lol i had a dream that i got an email, a text message that i got a callback and they gave me their number to call i should have memorized it lmfao it was 647 something >.< it's such a sad dream to me though because in my dream i was really happy just to wake up and go sigh.. not real.

aww, yeah i hate it when i have dreams like that. gets you all hopeful... until you wake up >_>

aww, yeah i hate it when i have dreams like that. gets you all hopeful... until you wake up >_>

i know :( but i won't hate it if it's a vision of the future :D jokes lol

this isn't the only time too. Before the audition i had a dream i was in line and the judge sitting at the table gestured the other judge standing to come to her and she whispered and pointed at me; so tall. and then the other one smiled and nodded then they started asking me questions and i woke up.

Guest kaestar

i know :( but i won't hate it if it's a vision of the future :D jokes lol

this isn't the only time too. Before the audition i had a dream i was in line and the judge sitting at the table gestured the other judge standing to come to her and she whispered and pointed at me; so tall. and then the other one smiled and nodded then they started asking me questions and i woke up.

man haha i gave up expecting

Archived