Sm Entertainment - Global Auditions [2008]

Riri

Guest qnffktyd

QUESTION!!!

I want to be a singer but also a composer, how do I sign up for audition? composer,singer are separate.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest aiko_da luv child

yup i live way far, i live in florida and i'm going to washington

so i'm skipping 2 days of school and spending 4 days there

like a vacation xP

-Rebecca

Awws, lucky!

I wish my mom would plan a trip to washington or something.

Guest Ju Bin

i have a question about sending your photo with your application through email:

so, do you send it as a file or as a link? hahhaha just curious....

Guest Kathy_

I'm sorry if this sounds ubern00b/has been asked before, but I was wondering what 'MR' stands for, in the context of 'singing without MR and microphone.' :D Thaankyou! *squishyhuggles*

Guest inyeon.

I'm sorry if this sounds ubern00b/has been asked before, but I was wondering what 'MR' stands for, in the context of 'singing without MR and microphone.' :D Thaankyou! *squishyhuggles*

No MR means no intrumental. That means you will be singing acapella with no mic or background music.

Guest love4dbsk&suju

the callbacks are usually a few days after the actual audition and you

stay in that city O.o i'm pretty sure. they'll call you and tell you everything

-Rebecca

what if you're flying there and back?

i have a question about sending your photo with your application through email:

so, do you send it as a file or as a link? hahhaha just curious....

i just attached my pictures to the email when i sent them my application.

you can also upload it on likle photobucket or something and then paste on the link.

Guest Haight

^^ To be honest, I do think they generally prefer Asians.

But I don't think that should stop you from going.

Anything can happen, you know?

You can be first (insert ethnicity) to debut in Korea. =)

EDIT*

Oh what the heck? Why do I keep topping pages in here?

Thanks for the encouragement...hopefully I wont have to try out for SM cause I really wanna join JYP, but I would still would like to go and do a litle documentary, taping it, I think it would be really cool ^^

"Soompiers at SM Globals: NY" :)

But if I do try out I hope it goes well..I'm Brazilian ^^

From what I hear Asia likes Brazilians because of soccer so maybe they'll accept me LMAO

EXCUSE ME, WILL THEY COME TO MALAYSIA THIS YEAR??????? I WOULD LIKE TO JOIN IN THE FUN IF THEY EVER COME...!!

And I saw SM Eversing contest in SM website... What's that all about? It's in Korean, so I don't really understand anything . Here's the link : http://ch.gomtv.com/210

Sorry I don't know where to ask bout eversing but here. Hope y'all don't mind ^^

No announcement has been made yet, i've added your question to 'FAQ'

and I cannot access the link you gave for some reason :sweatingbullets:

QUESTION!!!

I want to be a singer but also a composer, how do I sign up for audition? composer,singer are separate.

You can apply with both. ^_^ In your application you just state what categories you want to apply for and then prepare for auditions according to the recommendations. I know on the application form it says category but people have always been allowed to apply in more than one, however I cannot change the wording of the application as that information is directly from SM but I assume they will allow more than one category, check the 'FAQ' in the first post for more information and explanations on the topic.

I'm sorry if this sounds ubern00b/has been asked before, but I was wondering what 'MR' stands for, in the context of 'singing without MR and microphone.' Thaankyou! *squishyhuggles*

It means you sing accapella, i'll add your question to the first post ^_^

Guest musicpoplove

ANSWERS/THINGS ABOUT AUDITION/SM ENT. YOU SHOULD KNOW

Yes I have a goood friend who's related to a famous trainnie and a 2nd-highst worker in SM, and he knows alot, so ill share. I am auditioning in Korea, but i have some answers for global.

These things i say are 100% true and not just guessing

F.A.Q

1) Should i dance?

-Lets just say if you dont have the potential to dance, you wont get in. If your singing is not good, (but got SOME potential) but you are more of a dancer, you have a WAYY bigger chance of making the 1st audition than someone who sings very goood but can't dance. This does not mean you swing your arms and do one wave and just do regular dance. Dance potential to be picked means you got some moves/skills you can do to stand out. (ex: able to dance almost like SM trainnies/really good. dont need to break dance but u knoq. Just have confidence.)

Remember, you can fix your singing ability, but you can't fix the way your body moves.

SOURCE:My friends are not singingers but very good dancers. they made global audition 2 years ago 1st round. They are not good singers but very good dancers. (but sign up as dancers). and this is same like Tae Min from SHINEE. He can't singbut danced very well.

2) DO they truely pick model/actors?

-Some auditioners from last year were asked to Sing if they acted/modeled. I was in a JYP global audition and i said i was going to act sing and dance but they told me to not do acting. Even this is not SM its all the same. This proves that they look for singers more than actors. And You can see that in 2nd round auditions its mostly for singers. You dont see in 2nd round people acting. So i highly suggest if you are doing model/acting, you should have potential to DANCE. It's TOO LITTLE to show the judges only modeling/dancing.

3) Do they check my image also?

-The reality is, they do. It's no doubt its no secret. Please dont say "if you can sing really good then they dont care about what you look like".. This is false. They do care what you look like. There is probably a good number of people who can sing like christina aguilara, but you can see that SM picks people who go the star quailty. Everyone in audition can sing good. You KNOW that they pick image over singing 90%of time. You cant change the way you look but you can work on your singing. Im SURE there are 10000 of people who sing WAY better than SNSD. Right?

4) Im not asian. Can i audition/ make it?

-No. It even says "All asians (chinese, japanese, koreans etc)". You probably CAN auditino but you probably wont make it. You dont see a non-asian as a trainiee. Being Half asian is fine.

5) who do you sing infront of? How many judges?

-It depends on where you are. In NY, last year there were 1 judge. You sing infront of judges and audition people next to you.

6) if you make it...email/can you go back and forth korea and US? Queistion

-My frined told me that you get in Email that says "congrats.. blablah... 2nd round is in this place ____".

My SMCon. friend told me that You CAN NOT GO BACK AND FORTH FROM US-KOREA! (if you make it) You will have to move to korea. For Stella kim thing, it's ONLY for her. If you have connection thorough SM you can talk it out asking them but other wise, you cannot. Lee SOoman speically picked Stella and allowed it for her so im afraid you can't do that.

7) Can i meet SM celebrities/?? if i make it??

This is from my SM con. friend. There are LEVEL of trainnies. It depends on How long you've been there, your level of debut stuff. So for example Stella is on the TOP. That kind of trainniee definatly are best friend with smtown, but if you are like one of those trainnies who get in easly like alot of people do, then probably not friend-like with smtown but just walkk past them in the building. it all depeds if you are just traninning there for SM reasons or really picked for likely-to-debut level.

8) what is email send for?

-THis is for to see how many people comes. and possably for who will audition/see first hands on. This is not for i-will-audition-better-if-i-send stuff.

9) ALL AUDITON WHAT TO DO/WHAT THEY LOOK FOR/WEAR/SING/SPEAKING KROEAN/OTHER

- wear just plain stuff. Have your hair naturally. IF you are not KOERN you probabaly dont know the proper way to dress/look. Koreans look for more natural style. Having funky hair/dress gives a negative/dirty look. Look more like SNSD girls, having natural hair style/makeup. Image is a key point in auditions.

- If you are not Korean dont sing Korean songs that mke you sound funny. Sing English songs not korean if you are not korean.

-ANY ent. looks for Confidence/ charisma/star quality to stand on stage. dont lookso nervous or shaky. even if you messup, still look confident. SMILE!

-OTHER QUESTIONS JUST ASK

OTher questionas you can ask me. If i dont know it then i will ask my SMcon. friend.

Guest Snakes10

ANSWERS/THINGS ABOUT AUDITION/SM ENT. YOU SHOULD KNOW

Yes I have a goood friend who's related to a famous trainnie and a 2nd-highst worker in SM, and he knows alot, so ill share. I am auditioning in Korea, but i have some answers for global.

These things i say are 100% true and not just guessing

F.A.Q

1) Should i dance?

-Lets just say if you dont have the potential to dance, you wont get in. If your singing is not good, (but got SOME potential) but you are more of a dancer, you have a WAYY bigger chance of making the 1st audition than someone who sings very goood but can't dance. This does not mean you swing your arms and do one wave and just do regular dance. Dance potential to be picked means you got some moves/skills you can do to stand out. (ex: able to dance almost like SM trainnies/really good. dont need to break dance but u knoq. Just have confidence.)

Remember, you can fix your singing ability, but you can't fix the way your body moves.

SOURCE:My friends are not singingers but very good dancers. they made global audition 2 years ago 1st round. They are not good singers but very good dancers. (but sign up as dancers). and this is same like Tae Min from SHINEE. He can't singbut danced very well.

2) DO they truely pick model/actors?

-Some auditioners from last year were asked to Sing if they acted/modeled. I was in a JYP global audition and i said i was going to act sing and dance but they told me to not do acting. Even this is not SM its all the same. This proves that they look for singers more than actors. And You can see that in 2nd round auditions its mostly for singers. You dont see in 2nd round people acting. So i highly suggest if you are doing model/acting, you should have potential to DANCE. It's TOO LITTLE to show the judges only modeling/dancing.

3) Do they check my image also?

-The reality is, they do. It's no doubt its no secret. Please dont say "if you can sing really good then they dont care about what you look like".. This is false. They do care what you look like. There is probably a good number of people who can sing like christina aguilara, but you can see that SM picks people who go the star quailty. Everyone in audition can sing good. You KNOW that they pick image over singing 90%of time. You cant change the way you look but you can work on your singing. Im SURE there are 10000 of people who sing WAY better than SNSD. Right?

4) Im not asian. Can i audition/ make it?

-No. It even says "All asians (chinese, japanese, koreans etc)". You probably CAN auditino but you probably wont make it. You dont see a non-asian as a trainiee. Being Half asian is fine.

5) who do you sing infront of? How many judges?

-It depends on where you are. In NY, last year there were 1 judge. You sing infront of judges and audition people next to you.

6) if you make it...email/can you go back and forth korea and US? Queistion

-My frined told me that you get in Email that says "congrats.. blablah... 2nd round is in this place ____".

My SMCon. friend told me that You CAN NOT GO BACK AND FORTH FROM US-KOREA! (if you make it) You will have to move to korea. For Stella kim thing, it's ONLY for her. If you have connection thorough SM you can talk it out asking them but other wise, you cannot. Lee SOoman speically picked Stella and allowed it for her so im afraid you can't do that.

7) Can i meet SM celebrities/?? if i make it??

This is from my SM con. friend. There are LEVEL of trainnies. It depends on How long you've been there, your level of debut stuff. So for example Stella is on the TOP. That kind of trainniee definatly are best friend with smtown, but if you are like one of those trainnies who get in easly like alot of people do, then probably not friend-like with smtown but just walkk past them in the building. it all depeds if you are just traninning there for SM reasons or really picked for likely-to-debut level.

8) what is email send for?

-THis is for to see how many people comes. and possably for who will audition/see first hands on. This is not for i-will-audition-better-if-i-send stuff.

9) ALL AUDITON WHAT TO DO/WHAT THEY LOOK FOR/WEAR/SING/SPEAKING KROEAN/OTHER

- wear just plain stuff. Have your hair naturally. IF you are not KOERN you probabaly dont know the proper way to dress/look. Koreans look for more natural style. Having funky hair/dress gives a negative/dirty look. Look more like SNSD girls, having natural hair style/makeup. Image is a key point in auditions.

- If you are not Korean dont sing Korean songs that mke you sound funny. Sing English songs not korean if you are not korean.

-ANY ent. looks for Confidence/ charisma/star quality to stand on stage. dont lookso nervous or shaky. even if you messup, still look confident. SMILE!

-OTHER QUESTIONS JUST ASK

OTher questionas you can ask me. If i dont know it then i will ask my SMcon. friend.

1. I must say I disagree with this. Dancing is just as trainable if not more than singing. There is a "natural voice" in singing that is one which draws people in. Notable people include Zhang Li Yin, Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, Hero, Xiah, and LINA. The dancing part was trained for most of the successful SM artists. Exceptions include Hyukjae, Shindong, Sunny, and Yunho, who were already trained in Hakwons before. Aside from that, some people like Heechul lacked in almost everything except looks, which he even agrees on (though he has tons of charisma).

2. Agree

3. I agree with you 100%, this is a FACT that people tend to ignore.

4.I AGREE. Haha I love you

5. N/A

6. Agreed, if you people really want it, you will move

7. N/A

8. N/A

9. I think it is okay to sing in Korean. I would say if you are Korean or Half Korean, sing in Korean, but when you practice, try to get rid of the accent while singing. I would like to point out that when Isak sings, she does not have an accent, but when she speaks she does. Zhang Li Yin has an accent on both.

Guest wasabii_soo

^ oh my..~ thank you so much for those informations~ ^^ ~

& i have another question .~

i know it wont be good if i sing in krn if im not krn..~

but....i know most of the ppl will probably sing in english..

` BUT urrg..~~ is it possible for me to sing in chinese...? o_O

Guest stacynsungmin

@moosecakex

first thankyou for sharing ^^

I have questions about the attire...

would skinny jeans be considered "funky" clothing, as in no I shouldn't wear them?

and what about shorts?

Guest angel_cutie

^ oh my..~ thank you so much for those informations~ ^^ ~

& i have another question .~

i know it wont be good if i sing in krn if im not krn..~

but....i know most of the ppl will probably sing in english..

` BUT urrg..~~ is it possible for me to sing in chinese...? o_O

sing in whatever language you are most confident in and

comfortable ^^"

Guest ilovekyu05

i really want to audition but im already 27yrs. old :(

but i look young for my age.. do u think they would

still let me try out?

Guest YummiBoi

Haha...I wonder how I look auditioning lol. I auditioned last year although they said it was for Asians. Even though SM isn't really my style I might audition again this year just for the experience. I hope I'm not making a fool out of myself =]

Guest love4dbsk&suju

would it be better if we sang one song in english and the another in korean?

and if you pass the 2nd callback, does that mean you're through?

Guest CtlunatC

would it be better if we sang one song in english and the another in korean?

and if you pass the 2nd callback, does that mean you're through?

there isnt any guarantee they'll let you sing a second song during the first round. since there's going to be alot of people auditioning, most people are only going to be asked to sing one song. unless you're really good and they ask you for a callback, then they ask you to sing another song.

supposedly there's also a 3rd round of auditions. but we're not sure.

just sing the song that you think is best for you.

Archived