Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

*** "Red Swan" has completed its episodes last Wednesday. What a roller-coaster of a drama this has been! I’m almost sorry to see it end. This melodrama has been fun and superbly acted. What a whirlwind this show has been, with lots of twists and turns and a little romance thrown in. This show has been crazy, all over the place, and for me, downright fun. Although, I expected more from these last two episodes. I felt let down by how the show continued to mishandle the potential of the romance though. But hey, on the plus side, the image of Rain in that leather jacket will stay with me for some time... :Megalol:    :piggydance:

*** According to reports from the real estate industry and Sports Seoul on August 1, RAIN has added another property to his impressive real estate portfolio, purchasing a building in Apgujeong Rodeo. It was revealed that Rain bought the building under the name of Mega Big Entertainment, which his father represents, for approximately 15.9 billion KRW (~11.6 million USD) on January 16, 2024. He completed the final payment and transferred ownership on February 28. The building is now entrusted to Woori Asset Trust. This is located on the path from Hanyang Apartments to Rodeo Street, the building is surrounded by various businesses, including galleries, salons, offices, and restaurants. It has a land area of 315.3㎡ and a total floor area of 1,085.7㎡. The transaction price was about 166.7 million KRW (~121,731 USD) per 3.3㎡. The building features one basement level and six floors above ground, with parking facilities included. Rain and Kim Tae Hee reportedly became multi-millionaires through real estate sales in 2022, as highlighted in KBS2’s 'Live Information.' According to the broadcast, they sold a building in Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu, making a profit of 39.8 billion KRW (~29.1 million USD). They also made a profit of 3.2 billion KRW (~2.4 million USD) by selling a luxury home in Itaewon-dong, Yongsan-gu, which they had purchased in 2016 for 5.3 billion KRW (~3.9 million USD) and sold for 8.5 billion KRW (~6.2 million USD) in May. They have successful real estate investments, the couple has been very successful in the real estate world, with the broadcast emphasizing their prowess in real estate investment. Investing in real estate is smart!   :droolz:

2PM’s Junho and Rain Make Major Real Estate Investments in Apgujeong

junho_rain.png

RAIN has also become a property owner in Apgujeong.

On August 1st, Sports Seoul reported that Rain purchased a building on Apgujeong Rodeo Street under the name of a corporation represented by his father. The building, which comprises one basement level and six above-ground floors, was acquired for 15.8 billion KRW (approximately $12 million). It is strategically situated on the path from Apgujeong-dong’s Hanyang Apartments to the Rodeo commercial area, surrounded by galleries, salons, and high-end restaurants.

Rain and his wife, actress Kim Tae Hee, had previously made headlines for buying a building near Gangnam Station for 92 billion KRW (approximately $70 million), boasting two basement levels and eight above-ground floors.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202408011745186310

source :

'Red Swan' is full of cliches, but attracts viewers with 'spiciness'

706e108f-0e99-41af-8133-fc2fd71fd496.jpg

By Park Jin-hai

Jung Ji-hoon, also known as Rain, has delivered a captivating performance in Disney+'s "Red Swan," returning to the small screen with a powerhouse performance. The singer-actor expressed both surprise and gratitude at the global appeal of the drama, which, despite being laden with Korean-style clichés, has resonated widely with international audiences.

The action romance series "Red Swan" finished its 10-part run with great fanfare, Wednesday, topping the ranks in the platform's TV show category for four countries including Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan, according to FlixPatrol, a site that tracks viewing rankings.

"Given the heavily Korean clichés, I wasn't sure if it would be relatable to international audiences. It's a spicy mix of noir, melodrama and chaebol stories, with plenty of action. I was shocked to find that foreign fans loved it. It exceeded my expectations," he said during an interview with The Korea Times at a cafe in Seoul, Friday.

The drama follows Oh Wan-soo (Kim Ha-neul), a world-class golfer married to the heir of Korean chaebol Hwain Group. Oh, who runs the group's charity foundation, narrowly escapes an assassination attempt with the help of Seo Do-yoon (Jung) during the foundation's event in Manilla, the Philippines. Teaming with Seo, who is hired as her bodyguard, Oh discovers the chaebol family's dark secrets and the two develop feelings for one another in the process.

While it has succeeded in grabbing the attention of viewers, the drama from the onset has been accused of being billed as a scandalous tale of a chaebol family — a plot that feels overly familiar with murder plots, affairs and inheritance wars, which are all cliches repeated in many K-dramas.

9674f27b-7a40-4b9d-b735-dca6614be769.jpg

Calling it "a fun, popcorn movie-like drama," Jung acknowledged that it didn't aim to stand out artistically, instead being intended as pure entertainment.

"I thought there would be mixed opinions. But I thought this drama had a variety of flavors. It was much more fun than I expected. I think I was satisfied with my character, as much as I researched and thought about it," he said.

"There are plenty of over-the-top dramas like this one in other countries. This drama is full of cheesy clichés, but it's incredibly popular. To be honest, it lacks artistic merit to some extent, but I think it is designed to appeal to the masses."

When he choose projects, Jung said he regards both the artistic value and potential mass appeal.

"Personally, I think a work should have both artistic merit and popularity. When I think, 'There's a cool character and a role I can do in this situation,' I proceed with the project. I respect the writer's artistic vision for the plot development, but the target of this work was the general public and I'm satisfied that it ended with all the ratings ranking No. 1."

He faced challenges with his bodyguard role in "Red Swan," including portraying a character with limited facial expressions and delivering dialogue in a cliched K-drama style.

"I was worried that my character’s well-worn expressions like 'I will protect you,' might be misinterpreted as my poor acting. Overly cheesy lines like 'Do you want to sleep with me?,' 'Will you be my woman?' and 'Be my man from now,' were a challenge as well," he said.

"I wondered how such lines could be used in a drama in 2024. However, respecting the writer's vision, I delivered the lines as accurately as possible."

To compensate, he rehearsed extensively with co-star Kim, constantly checking whether his lines fit the context appropriately and whether or not his performance came across as laying it on too thick.

"Through many rehearsals and discussions, we were able to create a situation where even though something might seem unpleasant, it could be perceived as something like craving a spicy dish even though you know it might upset your stomach," the singer-actor said.

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2024/08/398_379864.html

*** "A heartfelt thank you message to all the viewers who have shown their enthusiastic interest and unstinting love until the last episode! The devilish charm that makes you want to keep watching it once you start it🌹" - How about binge-watching the thrilling <Red Swan> this weekend?😘 The drama is streaming in its entirety on Disney+!  :kaching3:

453438706_510980154776932_83849640360900

453438896_510980148110266_83692124871007

452567493_510980141443600_69740124708684

Spoiler

453722663_510980151443599_11831114717577

453409733_510980181443596_14727400915136

credit : Rain Cloud Taiwan

*** On August 2,  Rain sat down with the Korean press to dish on the finale of his drama, "Red Swan." In an interview, Rain talked about changes in his personality two decades ago versus now. He talked about his personality, admitting that he also had his "greedy" side back then. Fortunately, he experienced growth and was able to change this after building his own family. Regarding his recent work "Red Swan", Rain confessed:  :ohboy2:

"I am very satisfied with the results of this work. I do not want to be too greedy anymore. I think my personality has changed a lot since I decided to let go of the venom I had as a child and become more flexible. In the past, I was overly obsessed with rankings and box office performance, but now I just feel grateful that I have a place where I can stand. In the future, I want to try various characters regardless of the outcome."

15526584_20240802171005_1.jpg

Since Rain debuted, he has earned nothing but success, both as a singer and actor. Thus, he revealed that it affected him so much whenever he failed to achieve what he wanted. 

"In the past, I wanted to do well no matter what and I was very greedy. The public may have only seen a fragmented image of me, but if I released a song but it didn't reach number one, I would have a hard time, to the point of having panic attacks in my sleep."

However, being in the entertainment industry for 26 years, his views slowly changed especially after marrying Kim Tae Hee and having two daughters. More than winning, his No. 1 goal now is to become a good father.

"After working for over 20 years, I've come to accept that no matter how hard you set a goal and try, there are times when you can't achieve it. I want to praise myself a lot, but I've learned how to let go.

I'm married and have a much more stable job, so my first goal is to be a good father, and my second goal is to show the best of myself that I can."

Rain also acknowledged that he contributed enough and it was time for his other juniors to shine in the field. 

"I think I've already done my fair share. There are many outstanding juniors in the music industry, and there are many stellar seniors and capable juniors in the broadcasting industry, so I won't be greedy and will just work hard to do what I can."

source : https://www.topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=15526584&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

*** Rain proves he still has it at the Waterbomb Festival in Hong Kong that took place in June. He’s incredibly disciplined and has been for the past 20-odd years since he debuted. Anyway, he’s due to perform for the same event in Singapore and South Korea.   :kicks:

20240804_125643726097585195101793.jpg?w=

photos source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2024/08/04/its-raining/

Rain Opens Up About Multi-Million Real Estate Investments and Family Privacy

0000505311_001_20240802144308761.jpg?typ

Rain recently gave an honest response regarding news of his latest real estate acquisition.

When asked about these real estate investments, Rain replied, “I’m grateful to my father who does a lot of things on my behalf. I do look into properties sometimes, but that’s about it. I haven’t been able to look into it much lately because I’ve been busy with my acting work.” He is currently starring in the drama Red Swan. When asked if the scale of his real estate holdings was similar to the assets of the wealthy family in Red Swan, he laughed and replied, “I wish I had 18 trillion won like the Hwain family.”

Regarding the public’s interest in his personal life, including his children and real estate, Rain expressed his dilemma about how much to share. He stated, “I want to share my family and keep memories of my cute baby growing up. But I’ve developed a rule because some people say negative things when you share your personal life, and others ask, “Why do you have to hide your family?” if you don’t. Since I can’t please everyone, I’ve decided not to talk about it at all.

Neither my family nor I discuss our private life much. Even when I guest on YouTube shows, I avoid bringing up or answering questions about my family.

source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/now/article/477/0000505311

Rain Clarifies There’s No Affair in ‘Red Swan’ Despite On-Screen Kiss With Kim Ha Neul

0003255078_001_20240802155910989.jpg?typ

Rain opened up about his complex character in Red Swan and his on-screen chemistry with Kim Ha Neul. The show follows Oh Wan Soo, a world-class golfer who marries the heir to the Hwain Group. Her life takes a dramatic turn when she narrowly escapes an assassination attempt in Manila and begins to develop feelings for her bodyguard, Seo Do Yoon.

In the drama, Rain plays Do Yoon, a police academy graduate with exceptional martial arts skills. He joins the Hwain Group as Wan Soo’s bodyguard after saving her to uncover the truth behind his friend’s death. There, he creates a subtle tension with the group’s heir, Kim Yong Gk (played by Jung Kyung-ho), and his wife, Oh Wan Soo.

Regarding the relationship between his character and Oh Wan Soo, Rain clarified, “It’s not about glorifying an extramarital affair. It’s an important aspect to address, and I also felt conflicted about it. That’s why I had many discussions with the writer, director, and Kim Ha Neul. But I can confidently say that it fundamentally isn’t an affair.”

8246108aaed77dd50cbb1057febdb1d6-1.jpg

He further explained, “Initially, they had no interest in each other. Seo Do Yoon joined the group to uncover the identity of his friend’s killer but noticed everyone around Oh Wan Soo trying to attack her. He started to wonder why everyone wanted to kill this woman and began to feel for her. Pity turned into sympathy, and eventually, he fell for her. What began as a mission to protect her became a situation where he risked his life, and Oh Wan Soo also felt a certain attraction to Seo Do Yoon, seeing his devotion.”

Rain added, “There’s a line where I say to her brother, Oh Hyun Soo, ‘I shouldn’t love her,’ and I think it captures the whole essence of it. Loving someone you shouldn’t is a huge deal.”

He concluded, “Some might wonder, ‘Then why the kiss scene?’ It was a mistake driven by mutual pity and attraction.

We don’t see it as an affair but as something that could happen.” His candid explanation drew laughter.

source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/now/article/108/0003255078

*** On August 2, RAIN had an interview with a news outlet about his recently concluded project, Disney+'s series 'Red Swan'. Here, RAIN revealed that he and Kim Tae-hee do not talk much about each other's projects. RAIN said, "Well, advising on work can be tricky because it can easily come across as lecturing. It is such a delicate topic. Still, we always support and encourage each other." When asked about his family's reaction to the series, RAIN said, "Well, it's a bit too violent for my two daughters. I don't let them see it." He then mentioned his wife and shared, "I always monitor her projects, and she does the same for mine. But we usually only give brief feedback like 'I enjoyed it'." It's the same when it comes to shooting a romance series; we don't discuss it with each other at all. We might get stopped from doing what we wanted to do if we start discussing those things. It's like a married couple who both work are saying to each other, 'I can't stand your boss, so you should consider switching companies.', 'Why flexible working hours? Consider moving to companies that start at 10 AM.'. We didn't want that, so my wife and I have been respecting each other's work decisions." During the interview, RAIN talked about being a celebrity couple whose personal lives are constantly under public attention. "Honestly, I've been thinking a lot about how far I should share about my family. Part of me wants to show off how cute my children are and how much they've grown up. I would love to capture them growing up. I'm so grateful when I'm with my family. They make me want to work harder. But people hate it when I open up about my family; they hate it too when I keep quiet. I'm not sure which side I should play along with. I guess I might as well not tell anyone about my family." RAIN, the father of two daughters, revealed that his children do not affect how he chooses projects. "It may vary case by case, but I think my children should respect and admire my job as long as I don't commit a crime. If they ask me later, 'Dad, how come you filmed such a thing?', I'll explain that it's my job and that it is what provided them with a comfortable life."  :Twerkdatbutt:

201967473_700.webp

source : SBS Star