Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Topping the Charts: Here are 7 of the Most Highly Rated K-Dramas Ever

With a plethora of K-dramas that have graced our television screens in the last couple of years, choosing where to begin can often be a daunting task. However, fret not, as we bring you a carefully curated list of seven standout dramas that have not only earned rave reviews but have also left a great markon the Hallyu wave.

5. "Full House": This drama taps into the universal fantasy of many of living with a celebrity. Han Ji Eun finds herself in just such a predicament and navigates the complex and often messy waters of fame. At the heart of it is her struggle to reclaim her house from top celebrity Lee Yeong Jae, who is less than cooperative. This captivating drama received a viewership rating of 42.0%.

source : https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/10/topping-the-charts-here-are-7-of-the-most-highly-rated-dramas-ever

*** For RAIN's US concert, ENTER THE GIVEAWAY  :kisslevel:

Enter to win 2 tickets to @raincompany_ 'STILL RAINING' concert!
How to Enter Giveaway:
1. bit.ly/iperaingiveaway for giveaway entry form
2. Follow @IPEntOfficial & @raincompany_
Giveaway ends: Fri 10/20
Winners announced: Sat 10/21

392872461_722243553266090_76230606524192

credit : Rain Cloud Taiwan

*** After 15 years away from the tour circuit, RAIN is set to return to the United States with two stops in Atlantic City and Las Vegas. He will surprise fans once again from around the world with a never-before-seen live on-stage experience. allkpop sat down with RAIN to ask him about his latest endeavors, tour, upcoming drama, favorite songs and more.   :ohboy2:   His team specifically asked allkpop to use "THE RAIN" only in the United States. He even refers to himself as THE RAIN in the shout-out video below. Also, if you look at the concert poster it says "The Rain". Sounds weird to me, though.   :kitty:

https://cdn.jwplayer.com/previews/q3NYZoP7

allkpop: Hi THE RAIN- it’s not often we get the chance to speak to such an impactful industry name! How are you doing today?

THE RAIN: Hello! I am The RAIN and I am honored to be interviewed by allkpop. I’m actually feeling really good and am currently in a practice room preparing for the "STILL RAINING" tour and I am excited and happy.

allkpop: We’re excited to chat more about your upcoming comeback tour, STILL RAINING! Can you tell us more about the STILL RAINING tour and why you’ve decided to return to the tour circuit after a 7-year hiatus from touring globally?

THE RAIN: My first stage in the U.S. was in 2006 at Caesar's Palace, and the last final solo tour in the U.S. took place 15 years ago in Las Vegas in 2009. And It has been seven years since my last tour. Due to the pandemic, a lot of performance business was shut down, and this significantly impacted the release of my album and my tour plans, causing further delays, and it felt like an eternity. Despite the long break, I am thrilled to be back on stage and hope to evoke a sense of nostalgia among my peers and show the Gen-Z’s the part of the history of K-Pop. It's been a while since I've been preparing for a solo concert, everything feels somewhat new. My upcoming tour aims to be a bridge between my past performances and my new album, and I can't wait to perform new songs and put on an enjoyable show for my fans throughout the following year.

allkpop: Why did you choose to name the tour “STILL RAINING”?

THE RAIN: Yes, there is a song called "It's Raining". As my name is Rain, it can be considered a reference to me. I am still performing, singing, and connecting with my fans. We are all a work in progress, which is why I chose to include this reference in a meaningful way. It's still raining, and I am grateful for my supportive fans who continue to stand by me.

allkpop: After such a long hiatus from touring, what can fans expect from a new and improved RAIN?

THE RAIN: I hope you will have the opportunity to relive cherished memories through nostalgic dances and songs while also experiencing new and exciting performances. Additionally, I will invite a special guest through the screen and also will be performing cover songs of other artists for the first time.

allkpop: What have you missed most about touring?

THE RAIN: I missed seeing the fans the most! Cloud, I missed you so much! And I know that the fans in the U.S., in particular, were really looking forward to it! I had been planning for this tour for so long. But I had to wait for so long due to the pandemic. However, I am grateful that we can finally perform now!

I'm happy that I can dance and sing, which I love the most, with the Clouds, who are the love of my life. I hope this concert to be an opportunity to make up for the long absence and to connect more closely with my fans.

allkpop: Are there any performances or songs that you are looking forward to showcasing on this upcoming tour? Any surprises you can clue fans in on?

THE RAIN: I'm absolutely thrilled to let you know that we're going to be adding some amazing new songs from other talented artists to our setlist. And, of course, I've seen the comments from my beloved fans, so we'll be including some all-time favorites from those comments. I am not sure if I am allowed to say this, but to give you a sneak peek, I have never had the chance to invite any guests on my concert tours before. This time, however, I have decided to invite a mystery guest through the screen. Oh, and here's a little secret - I'll be giving you sneak peeks of these songs on my social media. So, make sure to follow me and  stay tuned for all the exciting updates.

allkpop: Your STILL RAINING tour is anticipated to include two stops in the US, one at the Hard Rock Live at Etess Arena in Atlantic City and the other at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas. This will mark your first return since 2006. What are you looking forward to the most about your return to Las Vegas and first show in Atlantic City?

THE RAIN: As this is our first performance, we are eager to present an outstanding show, but there are some nervous moments as well. This marks our return to touring in the United States after 15 years, and we look forward to many more performances in the future. We are working hard to deliver an exciting and satisfying performance that we hope you will enjoy with us.

allkpop: Shifting gears, you’ve also been working hard on an upcoming romance revenge K-Drama called “Red Swan'' that is set to debut soon on Disney+ alongside co-star Kim Haneul. Share a bit about the drama and what fans can expect from your participation. What is “Red Swan” about?

THE RAIN: "Red Swan" follows the story of "Do-yoon" and "Wan-soo," who develop a strong relationship while confronting the desires of the 'Hwa-in group.'

The chemistry with actor Kim Haneul was remarkable. The show will air on Disney+ and will be released worldwide in 2024. Unfortunately, I can't share more details at this time. So stay tuned for more exciting updates on "Red Swan".

allkpop: What can fans expect from you in your role in “Red Swan”?

THE RAIN: My character, Do-yoon, is a former police officer with exceptional martial arts skills. He has joined the group’s security team and is responsible for protecting “Wan-su” (Kim Ha-neul) with his own purpose. He is a fascinating character who displays remarkable action skills! Please look forward to it!

allkpop: As an industry veteran who has experience in all performing arts fields, what drove you to wanting to take on a K-Drama alongside a world tour? Do you have a preference for acting or music these days?

The RAIN: Throughout my career, I have had the opportunity to work in both TV series and movies, alongside my music career. I find acting to be an intriguing way to express different aspects of my personality. My artist name, 'THE RAIN,' was used as a pronoun in the song "It's Raining." I want to show you that I am still at the top of my game, as the name of my concert suggests, "Still Raining". There are still so many things I want to do and show you regarding acting and music.

I will be coming back to meet you through diverse channels and ways.

allkpop: Is there any new music that The RAIN is planning to announce in support of his upcoming return to the global tour circuit? What genres and styles can fans expect to hear?

THE RAIN: My new music is on the horizon, I might release a dynamic Latin style dance track or groovy tunes that you won't be able to resist singing along with. 

allkpop: Let’s end on a fun note, our readers love K-Pop and all things K-Pop. Share with us 3 K-Pop songs that you have been listening to lately!

THE RAIN: I have recently been listening to K-pop songs such as SEVENTEEN's "SUPER," NEWJEANS' "Hype Boy," and LE SSERAFIM's music.

allkpop: Thank you for your time and we wish you the best on your upcoming projects and tour! Please leave allkpop readers

THE RAIN: Hello allkpop readers! I hope you're doing well and staying healthy. I'd like to express my gratitude to the allkpop team for this interview. I promise to keep working hard to bring amazing performances for my fans and the allkpop team. I'm thrilled to invite you to join me at the upcoming 'STILL RAINING' tour at the Hardrock Etess Arena in Atlantic City on November 22nd, and at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on November 25th. Follow me on Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter for more updates. See you all there! Thank you.

Tickets are available at www.infiniteprospectsent.com

1697509987-the-rain-4.jpg

1697509845-the-rain-9.jpg

1697509943-the-rain-5.jpg

K-Pop artist RAIN talks about his U.S. tour and music inspirations

K-Pop artist RAIN chatted about his “STILL RAINING” Tour, which is his first U.S. tour in almost 15 years.

He spoke via a press conference about his latest musical endeavors and preparations for his upcoming U.S. tour.

RAIN shared how he goes about compiling his setlist, and revealed that he listens to Doja Cat.

2023 U.S. Tour

The tour will come to America on November 22 in Atlantic City, New Jersey, and on November 25 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. It is promoted by Infinite Prospects Entertainment, which is the entertainment company that brought the inaugural We Bridge Music Festival and Expo to Las Vegas.

“I can’t wait to see you all very soon,” RAIN admitted. “Please look forward to it.”

He noted that this spectacle is sure to bring the South Korean “bad boy’s” slick dance moves and hit songs to both coasts next month.

Background on RAIN

Over the past few years, the singer’s status has continued to expand across Asia. His career has been an exhilarating whirlwind, especially recently, thanks to cross-cultural collaborations like “Summer Hate” with rapper ZICO.

But that is not all – the dancer took the music scene by storm when he teamed up with CHUNG HA for “Why Don’t We,” Jackson Wang for “MAGNETIC,” as well as Yoo Jae-suk and Lee Hyori to form the trio SSAK3.

Their 90s-style single “Beach Again” didn’t just make waves; it rode a tidal wave of success, dominating South Korean music charts and reigning supreme on the Gaon Digital Chart for a staggering five consecutive weeks.

A “Korean-Pop” music sensation, The RAIN is one of the most popular stars in the region with a loyal and dedicated fan following of millions

Spoiler

Film and TV projects

Outside of music, he is a powerhouse in TV and film with nearly 30 television series and film roles to date and has hosted multiple top-rated reality shows in Asia.

His Hollywood debut in films such as “Speed Racer” and “Ninja Assassin” has solidified his stardom internationally as a versatile triple threat, earning him an MTV “Movie Award.”

People and Time Magazine recognition

He has earned mainstream recognition in People Magazine’s 100 “Most Beautiful People” list as well as TIME “Magazine’s Top 100 Most Influential People” list and he attended the Met Gala in 2015.

Inspirations on his new music projects

When asked about the inspiration behind his new music projects, he shared, “I listen to a lot of music including his favorite western artists and favorite K-Pop artists to read the trend of the music industry so that gives me the inspiration to work on my own music.”

“I listen to Doja Cat a lot,” he admitted. “I like the music video as well, so I get a lot of inspiration from that music.

Among K-Pop, I am listening to Seventeen and Stray Kids because I think they are doing very trendy music.”

Song selection process for his live setlist

While discussing his upcoming tour and the process for deciding on the setlist, the hitmaker said, “I reviewed my songs and there were a lot of songs who got first place in the music charts so when I gathered those songs together it was almost the tour show but if I go with those ones, it’s not going to be very fun.”

“So, I decided for the first time in my performance career to cover other K-pop artists’ songs and it’s going to be about four or five songs and it’s the first time revealing this.”

Most valuable advice he received in his career

When reflecting on the most valuable advice he has received throughout his career to share with fans, RAIN remarked, “Other than somebody else’s words, I will not talk about how I felt so far.”

“I will also have to mention my older brother who is JY Park, he always told me that hard work and practice never lies to me. So, that always kind of made me work a lot harder so every hardship or every hurdle or challenge if I stay there, if I hang in there, I can win finally,” he elaborated.

Plans for the future

In 2024, the actor revealed that he will showcase his talents on screen once again, starring alongside actress Kim Ha-neul in the upcoming drama series “Red Swan,” which will soon be available for streaming on Disney+.

Fans can look forward to witnessing RAIN’s multifaceted artistry in both music and acting.

To learn more about K-Pop artist RAIN, follow him on InstagramFacebookTwitter, and TikTok.

For more information on his “STILL RAINING” Tour, visit its official homepage.

*** RAIN is with a fan here. She says - "As I was passing by, I found Oppa Rain... I ran to the convenience store right next door and bought some chocolate and wrote a letter to give them  to him. He asked me to take a picture first, so I  was shaking with happiness. He's really hot." -   :heart4:

395709165_729123369244775_59894952249330

credit : Rain Cloud Taiwan

"It Was When We Were..." RAIN Says that He Got the Feeling that Kim Tae-hee Was the One

201850562_1280.webp

Singer RAIN indirectly revealed why he married his wife actress Kim Tae-hee. On October 29, RAIN invited YouTuber Na Seon-wook over to a Korean barbecue restaurant for some food, drinks and talk. During their conversation, RAIN curiously asked Na Seon-wook, who has been busy producing his own YouTube videos as well as appearing on different television shows lately, what his goal was. Na Seon-wook answered, "I've been doing YouTube for a long time, so I was worried when I was first asked to join a television show. But thankfully, I've been getting a lot of calls to join other television shows these days." He shyly continued, "That made me want to become an influential figure in the entertainment industry. I've actually dreamed of winning Daesang (the grand prize) at an entertainment awards ceremony when I was little." RAIN nodded and told him his own story of going from a dancer to a singer, "Many people used to look down on me when I was young. I went to hundreds of auditions, but nobody wanted me. So, for a while, I had no choice but to go on stage as a dancer, not as a singer." He resumed, "Then I got lucky one day. Someone had asked me to do something for this guy, and that guy was J.Y. Park. A new chapter of my life started from there."

After discussing their past and future for some time, RAIN moved on to the subject of marriage; RAIN asked Na Seon-wook when he wished to get married. Sounding desperate, Na Seon-wook told RAIN that he really wants to get married,

"I really would like to get married. I mean every word of that; I'll be happy to get married at any time. But I just don't know what the feeling of 'she's the one' is. It would be nice if I knew what that exact feeling was. I never got that." To this, RAIN indirectly spoke about getting that feeling when he was dating Kim Tae-hee, "That feeling will come to you when you meet the right person. You'll feel like, 'She's definitely the one for me.'" He went on, "You may get it only after a few dates, but you may get it once you actually embark on a romantic journey with her. But if she's the one, I can guarantee that you'll get that feeling one day."

RAIN and Kim Tae-hee have been married for almost seven years now since January 2017. They have two daughters; RAIN previously explained that they look much like Kim Tae-hee.

(Credit= 'Season B Season' YouTube, SBS Entertainment News)

SBS Star)

2023.10.31 -  RAIN COMPANY
[Season B Season]

Announcement
You are invited to the first flea market 
Time: 11/4 Saturday 1pm~4pm

We plan to donate all proceeds to charities. Please get involved. 
All flea market products can be paid quickly through the flash market software.
Download the Lightning Market app in advance before visiting, and register for easy settlement to settle easily.
For a sustainable environment, no shopping bags are provided. Be sure to have a shopping basket ready for your purchases.
For the safety of visitors, the number of admissions and usage time may be limited based on on-site conditions.
Filming will be carried out, please understand that faces may appear in the "Season B Season" channel content.
Parking is not available, please take nearby paid parking lots or public transportation.
Accept credit card (installment payment) and convenient payment
Payment methods available: Simple settlement (card/account), credit/debit card, Toss Pay, Kakao Pay
Lightning payment processing fee is free.  :blush:

396698550_730983335725445_24856976562647