Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Guest fatgrrl_slim

[Eng.Translation]

081010 MBC special, 'It's Raining' part2

Hi, jinijung, do you have the Part 1 for this? Could you please post it, too, if you have it? I'll try to hardsub it on the clip using this translation. Thanks!

Guest docirene

Hi, jinijung, do you have the Part 1 for this? Could you please post it, too, if you have it? I'll try to hardsub it on the clip using this translation. Thanks!

wow, thx pau. this is great. i havent downloaded them when i saw that the clips were unsubbed. kindly post them here after you're done. many thanks again. :phew:

Guest fatgrrl_slim

As I've posted on the other thread, there really is no need for subs for most of this program. A lot of the interviews were conducted in English, and Rain himself spoke a lot of English here. It's not like the other Rain docus which were quite frustrating to watch for us who don't know Korean. You guys are missing a lot for not even trying out the YouTube links.

Guest sweetVisions

As I've posted on the other thread, there really is no need for subs for most of this program. A lot of the interviews were conducted in English, and Rain himself spoke a lot of English here. It's not like the other Rain docus which were quite frustrating to watch for us who don't know Korean. You guys are missing a lot for not even trying out the YouTube links.

Yeah, there is more English featured in this documentary. In parts 1 and 2, when he's training, he talks in english and it's pretty funny.

But still, his interviews are in Korean. So subs would be nice for those parts.

Eng. Translation above is part 5 on YT

translation for part 1 please wait...

=====================================

[Oct-12-2008] Rain' luxury six-pack

d3d5ce769b.jpg

World star Rain's chocolate six-pack.

Singer Rain who showed his appearance through the MBC special "It's Raining" revealed his luxury six-pack.

His body which has been made after the special training for his character of Ninja Assassin is worthy the highest praise.

Besides, it was more impressive to see even his passion toward the movie.

credit to : fiemedia TV report

Translation by rain bird@rain-eu

Guest fatgrrl_slim

Yeah, there is more English featured in this documentary. In parts 1 and 2, when he's training, he talks in english and it's pretty funny.

But still, his interviews are in Korean. So subs would be nice for those parts.

Yeah, it would be nice if the Korean parts are subbed. But the thing is, it could take a while before it gets subbed (I mean, we can't impose that on the translators and subbers as it's not an easy thing to do). I'm just enticing the others to at least try the unsubbed one for the meantime because it's still fun to watch even without the subs. :)

Guest SnowB_all

Rain's MBC Special Documentary

Here are video clips of Rain's MBC Special Documentary aired on Oct.10, 2008. This is mostly in Korean, not in English SUB, though...yet. (I am sure it will come soon). But some of interviews are in English and you might find interesting enough to go through...hopefully :) .

These clips (by 'cutely21') have better audio than the ones by 'chinaanan' (quoted by 'strawberry'). Also contains missing interviews from part 2 of 'chinaanan'

( :sweatingbullets: Please, No offense to 'chinaanan' or 'strawberry'. :) Don't get me wrong. Please, understand that I appreciate all your effort. With gratitude, I watched the whole clips you prepared. And I thank you strawberry for the link. I am just quoting extra clips for someone who was wondering for the missing parts...since those are in English.)

1. The clip starts with Rain's physical training sessions and diet regime for the movie, Ninja Assassin and talks about his life in Berlin.

Rain's Special 1

2. Talks about his first movie 'I am Cyborg but that's O.K.' and how that movie led to his first Hollywood movie 'Speed Racer'. This clip includes the famous director& producer Joel Silver, his costars, director James McTeigue for 'Ninja Assassin'.

Rain's Special 2

3-1. This clip starts with Japan Fan meeting and includes interviews with Rain's fans around world. Rain's beginning as singer and actor in Korea.

Rain's Special 3-1

3-2. This clip continues to talk about Rain's beginning to his stardom and more interviews from his fans.

Rain's Special 3-2

4. This clips talks about Rain being one of 'Time Magazine 100 influential people'...his US agency WMA...his life back in Korea after shooting 'Ninja Assassin'... And his preparation (planning, writing songs, singing, dancing and producing) for his 5th album. He talks about physical stain and pain he has to go through while dancing and performing. He also talks about his first album and how his decision and persistence at the time might have led to his stardom.

Rain's Special 4

5. Talks about his new album and his song 'My Way'. He wrote many songs in the album but the song 'My Way' is closest to his heart since it reflects his life...talks about his poverty, his mother's passing, his regret & guilt over his mother's death etc. Rain talks about his attitude and continual efforts toward to the top.

Rain's Special 5

Thank you for making a summary of all these clips. Now it makes more sense, without translation, I was wondering why of all Rain's dramas and movies, "Full House" was specifically noted. As mentioned before, he thinks it was this drama that propelled him to start being a popular entertainer. Then, his "World Tour" began...

==================================

for non- clubbox DL

081010 MBC Rain Special (960x544).avi 1,259M

credit : MBC / CB mazingga

reuped:pladao_p@onlyrain

14 files … pls join files

.001 90M http://www.mediafire.com/?muzndqv1z5d

.002 90M http://www.mediafire.com/?14g0mhmhzo3

.003 90M http://www.mediafire.com/?2z3jltm5yyf

.004 90M http://www.mediafire.com/?w10nhg1zcnn

.005 90M http://www.mediafire.com/?iiztjjyiyck

.006 90M http://www.mediafire.com/?jvid40ztmhz

.007 90M http://www.mediafire.com/?zjyghhje1zz

.008 90M http://www.mediafire.com/?mjb1jmkddrn

.009 90M http://www.mediafire.com/?yn2iygztzdl

.010 90M http://www.mediafire.com/?jjyylzilyyz

.011 90M http://www.mediafire.com/?ocly21fmlnd

.012 90M http://www.mediafire.com/?nyyznltz2on

.013 90M http://www.mediafire.com/?vnzllvdmdki

.014 89.23M http://www.mediafire.com/?mkyzcynilno

========================================================

[Eng.Translation]

081010 MBC special, 'It's Raining' part 1

* The English conversation parts are omitted.

This is the scene that woud be send to the hollywood for his audition,

Back then, there was nobody who exrected him 'where he is'.

One year from that day forward, he was first Korean player who got a main role in the major movie of the hollywood industry.

Rain-I think that I see the mountaintop too high and came to the middle of it. I conquested the middle of the peak and climb toward the next.

He has become the first Korean singer to achieve the MTV Grand Slam, his today is always different with yesterday.

He was selected as the most influential people in the world in 2006. He makes us be surprised with the unexpected walking.

The world tour concert of the eleven nations and thirteen times in 2006~2007.

From the Korean top star to the Asia super star

The pushing into the hollywood with the movie Speed Racer in 2007.

He was selected as a main role of Ninja Assassin which is his next movie.

The Korean young star who goes to the way that nobody has never gone to.

There were many moments to be selected which would lead him to the success or not.

The 27-year-old young man who makes the chance and never misses it.

He is the great ambitious person.

Berlin, Germany, the place he spent for the half of year.

The middle ten days of the last June, we met him on shooting in Berlin.

None the less that day was the off day.

They(trainers) look good natured, but they are the great expert trainers in the hollywood. And they are the persons responsible for the last movie "300".

Although he says he doesn't want it, Rain cooperate with his trainer's picky requests. But they didn't know each other for long time.

Spending 5 months in Berlin, Rain reduced 10 kilograms of his weight in order to cope with his character in movie.

Despite the hard training, his mischievousness never ends.

Although it happens everyday, his daily training is hard. His facial expression is somewhat blue while he's preparing his own lunch.

Rain - I really felt the preciousness of food while I'm here.

In order to make it more tasty, he learned how to fry it little bit. But he sometimes gets scald like this.

Reporter - I thought you have your own chef or nutritionist.

Rain - I do. When I go out for film making, he brings the food that I want. But when I don't have days off on weekends, I cook by myself.

The menus were pretty much the same, Salmon just changed to chicken breast, the menus were always same for past 5 months.

Rain - I heard Hollywood actors and actresses eat like this keep their bodies in shape, so I felt as I could do the same and that's why I started eating like this.

In terms of having hard time, his staffs are voluntarily having hard time.

Rain - I don't even wanna see eggs, as well as salmon.

When he doesn't have film making schedule on weekends, he goes to cafes nearby.

Ninja Assassin.. where Rain is set as main character is the production of major hollywood movie company and it was actually a long waited film by producer Warshosky of Matrix.

Rain(27 years old) - I thought it was a lie. While I was having my meal, producer Warshosky came and asked me "Do you wanna give a try for an action movie?" When I asked him who the main character was, then he pointed me and said I'm the main character. At that moment I thought my head was hit by a club or a baseball bat.

Although it's an action movie, Rain is the main character who appears in that movie over 90%. It's obvious that he has lot of words in that movie.

Action movie was the genre that Rain wanted to give a try from the past.

It takes about 20 minutes by car from his house to the film making place, the movie company provided an automobile and even a driver for Rain.

Rain - Before I took this job I was thinking as I shouldn't be weak toward Hollywood actors and actresses, as well as staffs. But now I'm in friendly relationship with them and we even drink together.

<I'm a Ciborg, but that's OK/2006/director Park Chan-Wook> Rain's debut movie was directed by Park Chan-wook who is recognized wrldly.

Rain gave his exsistence the world movie industry. Rain was recommended by the biggest Hollywood producer Joel Silver. At that moment Rain was in overseas for his world tour.

But it was hollywood blockbuster and it was the production of internationally prominent movie producer.

Only 3 days were left until the next concert.

Rain - I had to sleep during that 3 days and I was wondering as "Shall I sleep for my concert or go to that audition by sleeping in airplanes?". I was hesitating. But I knew I would regret if I didn't go. So I reserved a flight ticket for the very next morning.

Although being a super star in Asia, Rain was not reputable, just a rookie actor. He struggled in new and unfamiliar environment and spent 6 months for that movie.

And on this May, his first hollywood movie Speed Racer was released in 160 countries.

A blockbuster movie that was produced with money that's worth 160 billion KRW that shows actions of racing cars with latest technology, he appeared in that movie as Taejo Togokan as an important supporting actor.

But not only in America, he was ignored by spectators in Korea as well.

Rain - I don't feel sad because Speed Racer wasn't so popular. Since I did my best I don't regret and moreover it wasn't the movie that I was cast as main character, so it's hard to say that it was my movie. Everyone wouldn't know who I am by this movie but still they might wonder who I am.

6 months that he spent for Speed Racer came back to him as a splendid chance that he was cast as main character in Hollywood.

Rain - I treated producers and I did some bribery. So I guess that's why they set me as main character.

Rain was cast by Warshosky in the movie Ninja Assassin before Speed Racer was released on theaters.

<Babelsberg Studios/Berlin, Germany>

And 2 months before the actual film making of the movie, Rain started training with Hollywood trainers.

He was aching alone while he was sleeping and in the morning, he went to training with his weary body.

Rain - It was really tough. But the movie was more precious than myself at that moment.I hang on to it by thinking that my face will be shown in Hollywood streets and movie theaters of Beverly hills.

<Ninja Assassin shooting set> He knew what he was supposed to do when he grabbed the chance. Rain who earned trust by the movie Speed Racer in Hollywood, he directly acted by himself over 95% for his role without substitutes.

Film making is on its latter period.

In the dawn when he returns after making all these action scenes, he's deadly weary. But even while he's in the car, he still reads his script.

Rain - I wish I could sleep 50 hours per week. I really want to date someone but I'm doing too much things on my 20th, but when I look at this it makes me happy. (looking at his schedule sheet) "Unlike Speed Racer, my casting number is the 1st one, I'm impressed by this."

Even while he's in his lodge, he can't take a full rest.

Rain - (while talking on the phone) I will reconfirm it. You confirm it too OK? Yes , is there a footage?

He's still a busy star even in Berlin.

<Japan Narita airport/2008.6.30>

group of women over 1,000 were waiting for one person, sitting in order.

Fan - This is very impressive.

Korean star Rain who's visiting Japan after 1 year, he stayed in the airport shorter than a minute.

Fan - This is the best, this is cool.

Why do you cry?

Fan - Because I'm happy. Really happy.

In the afternoon of that very same day, at a stage of Tokyo dom / JCB hall , the hall that can accomodate 3,100 were full.

Rain just came back very yesterday after finishing film making in Berlin 2 days ago.

It was the 1st official event after Tokyo dom concert in May of last year, it was a fan meeting after 2 years.

Rain who has wide range of fans from 20th til 60th even in Japan.

This popularity is same in other Asian countries as well.

When he became Korean entertainment culture star of Asia from being a top star in Korea, Rain's momental judgement in year 2004 worked out as a turning point.

Rain - CEO of an agency went to Hong Kong and later told me that my drama was being very popular over there. A piece of drama made a great progress.

<Drama Full Hous>

when it was released in 2004, the watching rate was about 40%, and it made Rain as the main member of Korean entertainment culture in Asia.

Rain - It was because of that drama. About 15~20 years ago, Hong Kong actors and actresses were very popular in Korea. But it was more than that. And that that moment I felt as I should march concerts in overseas.

Jan 2005, when (Rainy Day concert> Full house was being a heat in Asia, Rain started marching Asian tour as a brand concert with his name.

His concerts were performed in 6 countries such as Japan, China, Taiwan, U.S. and ETC for 11 times, attracted over 150,000 spectators, made Rain heat in Asia.As a result of a piece of drama and a momental judgement, he really became the best star of Asia like the main character of drama Full House.

Rain - People will recognize who Rain is when I perform concerts. Synergy effect was produced by being both actor and singer.

World Tour concert:<2006~2007/ total 14 countries, 13 concerts / Korea, U.S., Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Australia, Thailand, China> and ETC, they were huge concerts.

Whenever he had chances, Rain had fan meeting where he can directly meet his Asian fans in their countries.

What his fans found in these fan meetings which is not a concert but a comfortable fan meeting with conversations were Rain's honest, modest and humanistic aspect that they can't see on the stage.

The birthplace of Rain's heat in Asia, Rain's fan club in Hong Kong, these members will go anywhere where they can see Rain.

And they are willing to spend their money for things related with Rain.

posted at benamoo

Thank you for making a summary of all these clips. Now it makes more sense, without translation, I was wondering why of all Rain's dramas and movies, "Full House" was specifically noted. As mentioned before, he thinks it was this drama that propelled him to start being a popular entertainer. Then, his "World Tour" began...

Thanks, willenette & SnowB_all for the comment. If I had more time, I would have added more detailed or complete ENG translations into all those...but sorry...for being so short! Although the narration is in Korean, there still are quite a few of interviews that were in English. So I was kinda hoping this short summary would give some idea for those who are wondering...

And SnowB_all you are absolutely right on "... Full House" was specifically noted. As mentioned before, he thinks it was this drama that propelled him to start being a popular entertainer. Then, his "World Tour" began...". That's included in the interview as you have guessed correctly.

All Rain lovers, be patient a little longer :) ... As I'm sure the ENG SUB on the MBC special will come very soon. :)

Just a reminder:

Illegally downloading music, MVs, etc. does not get Rain anywhere.

Help him succeed and come back to the music industry with a bang.

This is his first album since his separation with JYP, it's extremely important to him.

Please don't promote illegal downloading.

BUY THE ALBUM.

Thanks for the translations! I finally understand what he's saying now. His english seems to be getting along pretty well. :) Yay!

more from Newsen

비 "'닌자 어쌔신' 주연제의 순간 망치로 머릴맞은 느낌"

[2008-10-11 08:53:10]

mbc2-1.jpg

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200810102318211001

Thanks for the article, deka_if.

Here is the translation of the article. I've been busy and thinking someone would've got it done already:) And also ...may be because part(most) of these interviews can be seen in video clips.:) Anyway, I've got this one done. When I have time next week and if it hasn't got done by then, I might look at other ones :sweatingbullets::)

Here you go.

-----------------------

Rain - Feeling of getting a hit in the head with a hammer when offered the lead role of the movie ‘Ninja Assassin’.

(* ‘몽둥이’in the first section of NewsEn article is literally a 'stick' or a 'club' in Korean, but the colloquial Eng expression ‘hit with a hammer’ seems proper in this case. FYI, the following translations might include insinuated meaning and/or flexible interpretation of the Korean–English translations at times rather than word to word (literal) Kor-Eng translation if necessary. Those might be in italic. Hope that's O.K. :sweatingbullets::) )

[2008-10-11 08:53:10]

NewsEn Reporter: Lee Hyun Woo

Singer Rain (Real Name: Jung Ji Hoon) reflected upon the moment when he was offered the lead role in the movie, Ninja Assassin, his second Hollywood film and his first lead role, and described it as feeling of getting a hit in the head with a hammer.

During MBC come-back special ‘Rain is Coming’, aired on the 10th (Oct), Rain revealed his feeling when he was cast as a lead in Ninja Assassin, the Hollywood movie, produced by the renown producer Joel Silver and Warchovsky Brothers.

While having a dinner with the director Warchovesky, Rain was asked how he feels about doing a movie called ‘Ninja Assassin’. When Rain asked “Who is the lead?”, the director pointed his finger towards Rain and said “You”. At that moment, Rain revealed that, he felt like he was getting a hit in the head with a hammer.

Six months ago, when he was shooting the final stages of the movie ‘Ninja Assassin’ in Germany, Rain revealed to MBC Special Project Team about his tough shooting schedule and mentioned, “If I could sleep as long as I want, I would not have another wish. I’d like to sleep like crazy…3 straight days, full 50 hours”. However, despite of his tough schedule and lack of sleep, Rain could not hide his proud expression (feeling) when he said “During the movie ‘Speed Racer’, my name was listed 10th or so (on the casting list) but this time (in the ‘Ninja Assassin’), my name is on the top (first on the list)”

James McTeigue, the director of the movie ‘Ninja Assassin’ highly praised Rain saying, “He is an incredible actor. I’ve never seen an actor who can do all kinds of action scenes as well as he does”. The costar, Naomi Harris, also confessed “ I’ve never seen an actor who works as hard as Rain does. I’ve never seen him complaining once despite tough shooting”.

Joel Silver, the producer of both movie ‘Speed Racer’ and ‘Ninja Assassin’ provided the background story of casting Rain by saying “We were looking for international stars who could appeal not only in Asia but also in US and other countries.” “Our staff recommended Rain and mentioned that he is handsome and charismatic. I thought he could be a new action star and (not only an Asian star but) become an international star.”

This day, via MBC Special, Rain delivered every drop of his sweat taken, since his debut as a singer in Korea, to become a top singer in Asia and to step onto Hollywood as a promising new comer.

( * Some of above interviews can be seen in Part2 of Rain's Special )

Guest sweetVisions

Yeah, it would be nice if the Korean parts are subbed. But the thing is, it could take a while before it gets subbed (I mean, we can't impose that on the translators and subbers as it's not an easy thing to do). I'm just enticing the others to at least try the unsubbed one for the meantime because it's still fun to watch even without the subs. :)

Oh, I didn't mean to force any subbers. I was just explaining why people where still asking for subs. I guess we just misunderstood each other. :)

Guest pipitgongyoo

Eng. Translation above is part 5 on YT

translation for part 1 please wait...

=====================================

[Oct-12-2008] Rain' luxury six-pack

http://img.ihere.org/uploads/d3d5ce769b.jpg

World star Rain's chocolate six-pack.

Singer Rain who showed his appearance through the MBC special "It's Raining" revealed his luxury six-pack.

His body which has been made after the special training for his character of Ninja Assassin is worthy the highest praise.

Besides, it was more impressive to see even his passion toward the movie.

credit to : fiemedia TV report

WOW! Oppa bi' body looks soo HAWT!! :w00t:

Hey jinijung! Thanks for the news and the links about bi!! :D

Hey jamiee x3! dont worry.. i will buy rain' original album!

Guest Matahari_Biru

hi there thanks for the translation but just wondering will someone from here will do softsubs for the mbc special? cos that would be great..

Guest nicolewsf

Bi - Boom High School Graduation pictures receive stares, Sunday October 12, 2008 Korea

High school schoolmates Bi and Boom’s graduation pictures were shown.

On the 11th, on MBC’s ‘Introducing Star’s friend’ it was found out that Bi and Boom were classmates at Anyang Art school and we were shown a picture of them as they were naturally.

On that day, Boom’s friend Park Hyunsang revealed the graduation pictures. The guests who saw Bi pictures, without change, complimented his appearance whereas Boom’s apperance caused uncontrolable laughter.

Boom who revealed that he had nose surgery on show was asked “Why did you get nose surgery?” which created more laughter.

That day on ‘Introducing Star’s Friends’ Won Kijun, Boom, Lee Yujin, Hwayobi, Amy brought out their friends.

source: gomdoriii

credit: Yahoo Korea News

((CORRECTION))

>>> [Eng.Translation] MBC special, 'It's Raining' part 1

* The English conversation parts are omitted.

This is the scene that woud be send to the hollywood for his audition,( the first part in this video)

Back then, there was nobody who expected him 'where he is'.

One year from that day forward, he was the first Korean player who got a main role in the major movie of the hollywood industry.

Rain-I think that I see the mountaintop too high as yet and came to just the middle of it. I conquested the middle of the peak and will climb toward the next.

He has become the first Korean singer to achieve the MTV Grand Slam, his today is always different with yesterday.

He was also selected as the most influential people in the world in 2006. He makes us be surprised with the unexpected walking.

The world tour concert of the eleven nations and thirteen times in 2006~2007.

From the Korean top star to the Asia super star

The pushing into the hollywood with the movie Speed Racer in 2007.

He was selected as a main role of Ninja Assassin which would be his next movie.

The Korean young star who goes to the way that nobody has never gone to.

There were many moments to be selected which would lead him to the success or not.

The 27-year-old young man who makes the chance and never misses it.

He is the great ambitious person.

Berlin, Germany, the place he spent for the half of year.

The middle ten days of the last June, we met him on shooting in Berlin.

None the less that day was the off day.

They(trainers) look good natured, but they are the great expert trainers in the hollywood. And they were the persons responsible for the last movie "300".

Although he says he doesn't want it, Rain cooperate with his trainer's picky requests. But they didn't know each other for long time.

Spending 5 months in Berlin, Rain reduced 10 kilograms of his weight in order to cope with his character in movie.

Despite the hard training, his mischievousness never ends.

Although it happens everyday, his daily training is hard. His facial expression is somewhat blue while he's preparing his own lunch.

Rain - I really felt the preciousness of food while I'm here.

In order to make it more tasty, he learned how to fry it little bit. But he sometimes gets scald like this.

Reporter - I thought you have your own chef or nutritionist.

Rain - I do. When I go out for film making, he brings the food that I want. But when I don't have days off on weekends, I cook by myself.

The menus were pretty much the same, Salmon just changed to chicken breast, the menus were always same for past 5 months.

Rain - I heard Hollywood actors and actresses eat like this keep their bodies in shape, so I felt as I could do the same and that's why I started eating like this.

In terms of having hard time, his staffs are voluntarily having hard time.

Rain - I don't even wanna see eggs, as well as salmon.

When he doesn't have film making schedule on weekends, he goes to cafes nearby.

Ninja Assassin.. where Rain is set as main character is the production of major hollywood movie company and it was actually a long waited film by producer Warshosky of Matrix.

Rain(27 years old) - I thought it was a lie. While I was having my meal, producer Warshosky came and asked me "Do you wanna give a try for an action movie?" When I asked him who the main character was, then he pointed me and said I'm the main character. At that moment I thought my head was hit by a club or a baseball bat.

Although it's an action movie, Rain is the main character who appears in that movie over 90%. It's obvious that he has lot of words in that movie.

Action movie was the genre that Rain wanted to give a try from the past.

It takes about 20 minutes by car from his house to the film making place, the movie company provided an automobile and even a driver for Rain.

Rain - Before I took this job I was thinking as I shouldn't be weak toward Hollywood actors and actresses, as well as staffs. But now I'm in friendly relationship with them and we even drink together.

<I'm a Ciborg, but that's OK/2006/director Park Chan-Wook> Rain's debut movie was directed by Park Chan-wook who is recognized wrldly.

Rain gave his exsistence the world movie industry. Rain was recommended by the biggest Hollywood producer Joel Silver. At that moment Rain was in overseas for his world tour.

But it was hollywood blockbuster and it was the production of internationally prominent movie producer.

Only 3 days were left until the next concert.

Rain - I had to sleep during that 3 days and I was wondering as "Shall I sleep for my concert or go to that audition by sleeping in airplanes?". I was hesitating. But I knew I would regret if I didn't go. So I reserved a flight ticket for the very next morning.

Although being a super star in Asia, Rain was not reputable, just a rookie actor. He struggled in new and unfamiliar environment and spent 6 months for that movie.

And on this May, his first hollywood movie Speed Racer was released in 160 countries.

A blockbuster movie that was produced with money that's worth 160 billion KRW that shows actions of racing cars with latest technology, he appeared in that movie as Taejo Togokan as an important supporting actor.

But not only in America, he was ignored by spectators in Korea as well.

Rain - I don't feel sad because Speed Racer wasn't so popular. Since I did my best I don't regret and moreover it wasn't the movie that I was cast as main character, so it's hard to say that it was my movie. Everyone wouldn't know who I am by this movie but still they might wonder who I am.

6 months that he spent for Speed Racer came back to him as a splendid chance that he was cast as main character in Hollywood.

Rain - I treated producers and I did some bribery. So I guess that's why they set me as main character.

Rain was cast by Warshosky in the movie Ninja Assassin before Speed Racer was released on theaters.

<Babelsberg Studios/Berlin, Germany>

And 2 months before the actual film making of the movie, Rain started training with Hollywood trainers.

He was aching alone while he was sleeping and in the morning, he went to training with his weary body.

Rain - It was really tough. But the movie was more precious than myself at that moment.I hang on to it by thinking that my face will be shown in Hollywood streets and movie theaters of Beverly hills.

<Ninja Assassin shooting set> He knew what he was supposed to do when he grabbed the chance. Rain who earned trust by the movie Speed Racer in Hollywood, he directly acted by himself over 95% for his role without substitutes.

Film making is on its latter period.

In the dawn when he returns after making all these action scenes, he's deadly weary. But even while he's in the car, he still reads his script.

Rain - I wish I could sleep 50 hours per week. I really want to date someone but I'm doing too much things on my 20th, but when I look at this it makes me happy. (looking at his schedule sheet) "Unlike Speed Racer, my casting number is the 1st one, I'm impressed by this."

Even while he's in his lodge, he can't take a full rest.

Rain - (while talking on the phone) I will reconfirm it. You confirm it too OK? Yes , is there a footage?

He's still a busy star even in Berlin.

<Japan Narita airport/2008.6.30>

group of women over 1,000 were waiting for one person, sitting in order.

Fan - This is very impressive.

Korean star Rain who's visiting Japan after 1 year, he stayed in the airport shorter than a minute.

Fan - This is the best, this is cool.

Why do you cry?

Fan - Because I'm happy. Really happy.

In the afternoon of that very same day, at a stage of Tokyo dom / JCB hall , the hall that can accomodate 3,100 were full.

Rain just came back very yesterday after finishing film making in Berlin 2 days ago.

It was the 1st official event after Tokyo dom concert in May of last year, it was a fan meeting after 2 years.

Rain who has wide range of fans from 20th til 60th even in Japan.

This popularity is same in other Asian countries as well.

When he became Korean entertainment culture star of Asia from being a top star in Korea, Rain's momental judgement in year 2004 worked out as a turning point.

Rain - CEO of an agency went to Hong Kong and later told me that my drama was being very popular over there. A piece of drama made a great progress.

<Drama Full House>

when it was released in 2004, the watching rate was about 40%, and it made Rain as the main member of Korean entertainment culture in Asia.

Rain - It was because of that drama. About 15~20 years ago, Hong Kong actors and actresses were very popular in Korea. But it was more than that. And that that moment I felt as I should march concerts in overseas.

Jan 2005, when (Rainy Day concert> Full house was being a heat in Asia, Rain started marching Asian tour as a brand concert with his name.

His concerts were performed in 6 countries such as Japan, China, Taiwan, U.S. and ETC for 11 times, attracted over 150,000 spectators, made Rain heat in Asia.As a result of a piece of drama and a momental judgement, he really became the best star of Asia like the main character of drama Full House.

Rain - People will recognize who Rain is when I perform concerts. Synergy effect was produced by being both actor and singer.

World Tour concert:<2006~2007/ total 14 countries, 13 concerts / Korea, U.S., Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Australia, Thailand, China> and ETC, they were huge concerts.

Whenever he had chances, Rain had fan meeting where he can directly meet his Asian fans in their countries.

What his fans found in these fan meetings which is not a concert but a comfortable fan meeting with conversations were Rain's honest, modest and humanistic aspect that they can't see on the stage.

The birthplace of Rain's heat in Asia, Rain's fan club in Hong Kong, these members will go anywhere where they can see Rain.

And they are willing to spend their money for things related with Rain.

source : benamoo

credit : rain-eu.com

English Translation by rain bird @rain-eu

transfer:fongarkad@onlyrain