Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Kim Tae-ho makes Netflix debut with ‘The Hungry and the Hairy’

Television director Kim Tae-ho is producing a Netflix original entertainment series titled “The Hungry and the Hairy,” starring the artist Rain and comedian Ro Hong-chul, Netflix said in a press release Monday.

According to the global streaming giant, while the release date has yet to be decided the program will be another variety show. Kim previously produced two of South Korea’s longest-running and most successful variety shows, “Infinite Challenge” and “Hang Out With Yoo.”

The Netflix series revolves around the two stars, who share a common interest in motorcycle riding, and will introduce various tourist sites and restaurants.

Both entertainers will explore new places and try new foods, but Rain -- whose strict one-meal-a-day regimen is well known -- will carefully choose each item on the menu.

“Though Rain and Ro were very different in many ways, including how they look, dress and spend time when on a trip, their chemistry is more than enough to mesmerize global Netflix fans,” the company said.

Veteran guitarist and singer-songwriter Lee Sang-soon is joining the team as music director.

The company said the program will involve many motorcycle-riding scenes, presenting a scenic view of Korea’s cities and its countryside. Lee’s music will complement the visuals.

Most of the shooting has been completed, and the series is in the post-production stage.

A producer with local broadcaster MBC, Kim is directing a show outside of the company for the first time.

Rain and Lee worked with Kim in 2020, when they were involved in the project group Ssak 3 on “Hang Out With Yoo” and Lee composed the hit song “Beach Again.”

Ro, reuniting with Kim seven years after “Infinite Challenge,” described his excitement Monday in an Instagram post about the upcoming program.

“The Hungry and the Hairy” will be available on Netflix in 190 countries.

By Lee Si-jin (sj_lee@heraldcorp.com)

credit : Korea Herald

*** I have always loved watching medical dramas - Playing doctor is always a fun role. Upcoming tvN drama "Ghost Doctor" has gotten a timeslot on the network. It will be RAIN's drama comeback project in 3-years since "Welcome 2 Life". UEE will be his female partner. I'm thrilled to see Kim Bum in this cast as RAIN's support. I hope I can see KB as the main lead in his future dramas soon. He was really good in his last 2-dramas.  :twerk2:

Rain, Kim Bum, UEE, A Pink's Son Na Eun starring in "Ghost Doctor" on tvN in the first half of next year!

136966-915691.jpg

This lineup +tvN!

On August 11, it was reported that the new TV series "Ghost Doctor" starring Rain (Jung Ji-hoon), UEE, Kim Bum and Son Na Eun will be on tvN, and the target date of broadcast will be in the first half of next year.

"Ghost Doctor" is a supernatural medical drama. The plot tells the story of two doctors with completely different backgrounds, strengths and tempers, and they are united because of their souls.

Cha Young-Min (Rain) is a genius doctor, but he is arrogant and selfish. One day, he gets involved in an unexpected case. Due to the unexpected case, his spirit possesses another doctor's body. These two doctors are complete opposites, with opposite personalities and medical abilities.

136966-915687.png

Spoiler

136966-915688.jpg

The role of UEE has not yet been introduced. Son Na Eun plays the role of "Oh Soo Jung," an emergency room intern. She is a girl who has no medical background and believes in supernatural phenomena, miracles, and fantasies. She embarked on thoracic surgery despite the opposition of her family.

Spoiler

136966-915686.jpg

"Ghost Doctor" is directed by "Boo Sung Chul, also directed Heirs, and the screenwriter is” Kim Sun-soo.  "Ghost Doctor" will be broadcast on tvN, which the audience's expectations are even higher.

(Pictures source : tvN, RAIN COMPANY, King Kong by STARSHIP Entertainment, LUCKY COMPANY, YG Entertainment)

source : https://www.koreastardaily.com/tc/news/136966?fbclid=IwAR3bzZkJ_w2xs5jfOpqpznXkalxXj5WC2_2e_YKuRdIKG37_9e7Fis4G26o

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

名不虛傳》編劇新作!Rain、金汎、U-IE、孫娜恩主演《Ghost Doctor》明年上半年tvN見!

這陣容+tvN!!!

昨(11日)有消息,由Rain(鄭智薰)、U-IE、金汎與孫娜恩主演的新電視劇《Ghost Doctor》確定落腳tvN,目標於明年上半年播出。

《Ghost Doctor》為靈異醫學劇,劇情敘述兩位背景、實力與脾氣都截然不同的兩位醫師,因為靈魂附身而合為一體的故事。

Rain飾演擁有神乎其技醫術的天才胸腔外科醫師「車英民」,性格卻自私又自大,而金汎飾演擁有聰明頭腦,以及華麗背景的住院醫師「高成卓」。兩個人因意外事故糾纏在一起。

U-IE的角色設定尚未有有任何介紹。孫娜恩則飾演急診室實習醫師「吳秀晶」,是個一點都不像醫學出身,相信超自然現象、奇蹟和幻想的少女,她心中藏有秘密,是不顧家人反對走上了胸腔外科一路。

《Ghost Doctor》導演為《張玉貞,為愛而生》、《繼承者們》導演富聖哲,編劇為《名不虛傳》金善秀(原名金恩喜)。金善秀的名號可不輸四位主演,2017年他寫下穿越題材醫療劇《名不虛傳》大獲成功,如今再推特殊題材醫療劇《Ghost Doctor》,許多觀眾都衝著編劇名號等不及收看。得知《Ghost Doctor》將在tvN播出後,觀眾期待度更是向上提升。

(圖:tvN《名不虛傳》海報)

(封圖:RAIN COMPANY、King Kong by STARSHIP娛樂、LUCKY COMPANY、YG STAGE)

Edited by gm4queen
Please post the content only related to Rain himself! Thanks!

*** This school is Anyang High School of Art where he majored in Drama and Cinema (1998/1999). Boom and Se7en were his school mates. Kyu Sang, his dancer was Rain's senior in the same Junior High School and also Seung Ho  from MBLAQ. :kisslevel:

[SBS Star] VIDEO: RAIN Shares How Popular He Was in His School Days

201581657_1280.jpg

Singer RAIN revealed that he was very popular back when he was in school. On August 5, a video of RAIN visiting his high school was uploaded on YouTube. When he got to school, RAIN sat down with one of his homeroom teachers and vice-principal, and looked back on the past together. They looked at RAIN's yearbook photos next to actor Kim Moo Yul and entertainer Boom who were in the same class as him.

201581656_1280.jpg

RAIN told the production team, "You know what? The way to know how popular you were when I was in school was to see how filled your locker was." He continued, "Mine was filled with handwritten letters, gift sets and snacks. Every time I opened my locker, so many of them would pour out of it." Then, his homeroom teacher commented, "Well, the bigger ones would usually go to Moo Yul though.", making RAIN burst into an awkward laughter.

201581654_1280.jpg

Following that, RAIN spoke with some students to share his school experience. When asked whether he was popular, RAIN said with a big smile, "Of course, I was." He continued, "I didn't ever have to go all the way to the cafeteria to get a snack, because a lot of people would buy it for me even when I didn't feel like having it."

Spoiler

201581655_1280.jpg

Then, another student asked, "Have you dated anyone in school?" RAIN hesitantly answered, "Umm... Yes, I've dated one or two. We all attended this school." He laughed and resumed, "Whenever I get asked questions like this, I struggle hard inside. I'm like, 'Do I choose to entertain people through the show or do I choose to die by telling the truth?'"

(Credit= 'Season B Season' YouTube, 'rain_oppa' Instagram)

(SBS Star)

The OG oppas: Male leads we first loved in the 2000s

The K-drama fever has gone a long way from how it was in the past decades. Thanks to the rise of social media and the birth of more streaming platforms, people all over the globe now get to consume endless content, even from up-and-coming Korean celebrities.

But once upon a time in Hallyu history, years before Kim Seon Ho, Park Seo Joon, and Park Bo Gum began dominating our Instagram feeds, there were oppas who had already succeeded in making us fall hard with their bewitching presence on-screen. Here is a list of male leads who will reaffirm our belief that first love never dies.

Rain

1628874372-rain.png

This bibimbap-loving Full House landlord was among those who laid the groundwork for strong-on-the-outside-soft-on-the-inside male leads. Rain was already known as a singer before debuting as an actor, but his international fanbase rose to another level after playing the character of Lee Young Jae. He even had his own Hollywood film Ninja Assassin where he buffed up to play a bad-RickRoll'D character.

1628877621-rain2.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : allkpop

6 World-Class K-Pop Stars That Yang Hyun Suk Denied From YG Entertainment

They all wanted to join YG, but failed.

Yang Hyun Suk revealed 6 of K-Pop’s most successful and popular artists that he denied from the company.

1. Rain

Yang Hyun Suk said Rain auditioned for YG Entertainment, but was not accepted. Rain ended up debuting with JYP Entertainment and went on to become on of Asia’s biggest stars ever, making waves across Asia and even making his mark in the United States.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/6-world-class-kpop-stars-yang-hyun-suk-denied-yg-entertainment-trainee/

*** RAIN set up his one-person agency – R.A.I.N Company on October 2015 & not 2016. :heart:

10 Korean Actors Who've Established Their Own Entertainment Agencies

Leading their own company is one of their many hats!

Aside from acting, your favorite Korean actors are also *thriving* in other fields like modelingfilm directing, and photography. Some of them also became businessmen, and they put up their own entertainment agencies. It's not unusual for a Korean celeb to star in dramas and movies and handle his own label at the same time—in fact, many of them are venturing into this nowadays. We already wrote about K-pop idols who are also CEOs, so here's an actor version just for you!

Korean Actors Who've Established Their Own Entertainment Agencies

4. Rain

Hallyu superstar Rain is the CEO of two entertainment agencies: J.Tune Entertainment was established in 2007 while R.A.I.N Company started in 2016. The latter currently manages actress Oh Ye Ju, the K-pop group CIIPHER, and Rain himself (for both his acting and idol activities).

rain-1629188354.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/korean-actors-who-established-their-own-entertainment-agencies-a4575-20210817?ref=home_feed_3

These Are The Top 15 Best Male Hip-Hop Dancers In K-Pop

Over the years, one of the most popular dance styles in the world, hip-hop, has gained even more prominence. Hip-hop is not just a dance form, but a language of freedom, revolution, and resistance, of breaking the norms and expressing oneself freely. K-Pop choreography draws heavily from hip-hop, which itself is a fusion of various dance styles. From pop and lock to ballet, jazz to breakdancing, hip-hop is influenced by them all. With roots deeply seated in African American culture, hip-hop forms the foundation of K-Pop choreography as we know it today.

Here are our picks for the top 15 best male hip-hop dancers in K-Pop, in no particular order!

15. Rain

The idol of all idols, Rain, put K-Pop on the musical map of the world. The dancing machine of K-Pop still remains superior, especially with the power and panache he holds with ease.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/these-are-the-top-10-best-hip-hop-dancers-in-kpop/

*** RAIN posted this with a caption - "New content, Bear Singer!!!! #Lonely in the practice room #Singing is the answer" - That teddy bear is very CUTE. Wait - is this his voice? Sounds different, though!  :blush: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSzCaR1BAet/

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** RAIN posted these slide of pictures with a caption - " #Kim Ja-in#Jung Ji-hoon" - Jain Kim is a professional climber. She is mainly active in lead climbing and bouldering competitions.She has won the Lead Climbing World Cup three times. :twerk2:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS0h8Sxhjoq/

*** RAIN will be part of the 2nd-lineup for "KCON:TACT HI 5". This is another exciting online music gathering to take place next month (September). RAIN will grace the stage once again that's why, fans anticipation is now rising regarding of what kind of powerful performances he will show in the said event. The said event will take place for 1-week from September 18-26. It will air via KCON and Mnet's YouTube Channel as well as TVing.  :ohboy2:

source : http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202108200845536443802_1

Sports fanatic loves to play rock climbing

_2021082417341841257.jpg

Rain (Jung Ji Hoon) loves sports. He once revealed himself up in a variety show that his house has a lot of sports equipment. He also gets up early to hike in the mountains and lives a healthy life, so even if he is already 39 years old, he is still young. Rain recently revealed on IG that he loves playing indoor rock climbing. He uploaded a rock climbing clip the day before, and we saw Rain pushing the rope back to the ground. But there are photographers on the ground. We are curious if there might be a new show?

_2021082417342171414.jpg

_2021082417342212131.jpg

source : https://hd.stheadline.com/life/ent/realtime/2183078/即時-娛樂-運動狂熱愛玩攀石-39歲Rain游繩落地擺晒Pose勁型?fbclid=IwAR1sbxp1imDQfNDoMp7GRlA6QgO0ELmOuQ02qNNa8a6WE7rW7SBRZbflSl0

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

運動狂熱愛玩攀石 39歲Rain游繩落地擺晒Pose勁型

韓國天王Rain(鄭智勳)熱愛運動,曾經在綜藝節目中自爆屋企有不少運動器材,兼日日早起去行山,生活好健康,所以即使已經39歲依然冇老態。Rain近日在IG透露自己愛上玩室內攀石,他前日加碼上載攀石片段,只見Rain游繩回到地面,仲半空擺晒Pose型到爆,果然冇運動難倒佢。不過地面及上方都有攝影師拍攝,唔知係咪有新節目呢?

*** The suit that RAIN will be wearing in his upcoming drama "Ghost Doctor" has been sponsored by Sartoria Condotti. This is a very high-end and unique Italian clothing for men, custom made on cotton/silk shirts, suits, tuxedos, sport

coats, jackets, ties, ...The drama is  airing in the first half of next year (2022).    :shaq:

240674147_4313932172026059_5900111609432

credit : Rain Cloud Taiwan