Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

*** Such an encouraging words  from RAIN.  :lol:

Rain Shares Warm Words Of Encouragement With “The Unit” Contestants Ahead Of First Eliminations

Rain-2.jpg

Rain shared an emotional moment with the contestants of KBS’s “The Unit” as he gave them warm and encouraging words of comfort ahead of the show’s first elimination.

The episode of KBS 2TV’s idol rebooting project “The Unit” that aired on December 9 showed Rain sitting in front of the contestants ahead of the eliminations. The atmosphere was tense and Rain tried to help everyone relax by saying, “Who knows? The people who get eliminated may end up doing even better. Some of you may become the next big idols.” He joked, “When that happens, you better not pretend to not know me.”

Rain4.jpg

He also confessed, “Usually, I’m much sharper with my words but on this show, I’m always worried that my words may be too hurtful to you guys. On the other hand, I still have the responsibility of pointing out your faults so you can fix them. It hasn’t been an easy road.”

The contestants shed tears as they were comforted by the concern and warmth in their mentor’s voice and Rain continued, “I hope you remember one thing. I know this moment will be sad and painful for some of you, but you never know how things will turn out eventually. Sometimes, things don’t go your way and you might get eliminated today, but you have to overcome it. As long as you hold on, there will come a day when your flower will bloom. That moment doesn’t necessarily have to happen here.”

Rain-The-Unit.jpg

You can watch the latest available episode of “The Unit” below.

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

***I love reading this. This is a great article. It has everything & of course, the list goes on.....RAIN's efforts have always been there. He's really amazing! :lol:

9 Reasons Why Rain Is Still The Ultimate Oppa

Rain-main.jpg

Waking up to December is sweeter not only because Christmas and New Year are coming, but because there’s one more person that we’ve all been waiting for like a kid waiting for a gift from Santa — Rain. The multi-hyphenated world star has had a wonderful 2017: with his wedding to Korea’s top actress Kim Tae Hee at the beginning of the year and the birth of their baby girl just two months ago. It seemed like Rain was taking his time off to spend quality time with his family, but the tireless singer was, in fact, preparing for an epic comeback to end the year with a bang.

Here are nine reasons why he is still everyone’s ultimate crush!

1. He’s got the coolest stage name ever.

Let’s take this moment to appreciate his name “비,” which literally translates to Rain. First, it’s made for great recall, plus tons of references and puns that can last him a lifetime. He has used it in his songs, “Rainism,” “Rain is coming,” and to name his albums, “It’s Raining,” “Eternal Rain,” “Rain’s World,” and other rain-related phrases for his tours. His official fanclub name, “Cloud” is also a perfect fit. One thing’s clear: he has redefined the paradoxical meaning of bringing the heat onstage when it “rains.”

rain11.jpg

2. He’s the original beast idol.

He’s the OG of beast idols before the term even existed. He has it all: best body, tall height, and irresistible charm. But most importantly, he carries himself with confidence no matter what everyone initially thought of his looks. In interviews, he always told the story of how talent agencies rejected him several times because he didn’t have double eyelids, but he didn’t let that deter his determination and his hard work led him to where he is today.

3. He’s got mad dancing skills.

Nobody does it like Rain, for sure.

rain3.gif
Spoiler

4. His voice is as smooth as butter.

Even with a manly demeanor and strong image, Rain can make any girl’s heart melt with his smooth, husky voice. His singing skill is very versatile as he can go from singing a melancholic ballad to singing a sweet, chill song, to a fast-paced hip hop track. Plus, he has released some of the best K-pop songs throughout his career. Who can forget the haunting sounds of “How to Avoid the Sun”? Or the romantic lyrics of “Love Song” and “I Do” that are enough to make anyone want to say it? And his other more recent songs “Hip Song” and “30Sexy” are so catchy and dance-able!

5. He is fearless.

Rain has pushed the limits when it comes to his image, and he’s not afraid to be bold and daring.

6. He is a genuine actor.

He made us cry in “Sang Doo! Let’s Go To School,” both angry and sad in “A Love to Kill,” laugh in “Please Come Back, Mister,” and fall in love in “Full House.” Of course, these are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to his impressive portfolio of Korean and Chinese dramas, movies, and Hollywood ventures like “Speed Racer,” “Ninja Assassin,” and “The Prince.” He’s definitely one of the acts who made big strides overseas and opened the doors for other Korean stars.

7. He also has a cute side.

8. He’s a real life romantic.

Rain has been linked with many other female co-stars and celebrities, but he was never really involved in any big “scandal.” He was able to keep his love life private until he met the woman of his dreams, Kim Tae Hee. He would always talk about her with a sparkle in his eyes and proposed to her by writing a song!

rain12.gif

9. He’s an exemplary mentor.

Rain may have had his ups and downs and is certainly not perfect, but through it all he has made it a point to be a good senior to up-and-coming idols. This can be seen in how he produced MBLAQ and more recently in the idol-making show “The Unit.” He shows a strict and stern side while training the hopeful idols and teaching them about professionalism, but becomes like a big brother to them when he offers advice and motivation about achieving their dreams and keeping their feet on the ground.

The staff of the show revealed their praises of him as mentor, saying, “Rain would be the one to approach the contestants and help them relax. He’d share words of encouragement and relieve the tension from the room. Rain is currently forming strong connections with everyone, going beyond the normal mentor-contestant dynamics.”

Rain-The-Unit1.jpg

He is simply irreplaceable.

With his December comeback, Rain is once again showing his all-around skills. He showed his passionate side in his new song called “Goodbye,” a collaboration with Urban Zakapa’s Jo Hyun Ah, and brought his fierce side once again in “Gang.” He keeps on proving that he can only get better with age, and we can be sure to see a different Rain every single time!

Check out his MV for “Gang”:

Also catch him in “The Unit”:

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

Spoiler

rain grooves

raind-e1512756903983.png?w=620&h=297

Rain is back on the dance floor! He recently released the practice video of his new song, Gang. Ooomph. The new daddy hasn’t lost his groove. His little baby daughter is fortunate to have such a cool dad and such an elegant mom. I actually like watching practice videos more than stage performances because I can enjoy the chereography without all the distraction of snazzy costumes and dizzying light effects.

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2017/12/08/rain-grooves/

9 Loving Times Rain Proved He Is Ultimate Husband Goals

r_omE_PaC57gwktHKMHT-uV_qS-j2E3BI6zdgi6q

It’s well known that Rain is totally and utterly in love with his wife, Kim Tae Hee.

Even after the papers have been signed, he’s remained the great husband that he promised to be!

Here are 9 reasons why Rain is the next level husband-goal!

1. He professes his love continually. 

Rain’s always out there professing his love for Kim Tae Hee — on an episode of The List, he stated, “She’s so full of grace that she’s a standard for everything.

xrr3Ul1JW7G2fdDF804kDNH2Sl4r9g3Ltm9-6ldF

2. He wrote his own proposal song. 

As everyone suspected, Rain’s “The Best Present” is a proposal song dedicated to Kim Tae Hee.

“When you love, you can’t help but write songs that reflect that love.”

— Rain

UnlinedWelldocumentedBlueandgoldmackaw-s

3. Anywhere, anytime, he’s there for her. 

Rain was there for Kim Tae Hee like no one else when she was pregnant. Rumor has it that whenever he finished filming for the day, he’d go straight to Kim Tae Hee to be with her. Even if he was located far from their home, and even if he had to make that trip back to the filming set the next morning.

MPsj8cID9vX_lomEdlpQDjO10IcSGuseacH21z74

Spoiler

4. He says no to friends’ temptations. 

During a variety show, Rain’s friend tempted him to go clubbing. Rain’s response was priceless and the envy of married women everywhere!

“Don’t even joke about that stuff.

I have to go work, let’s talk later.”

Rain

epL739KtCG9KBqKMC_VCFFhHfaQFOL72BUXYI_Iu

5. He’s always thinking about his wife and kid.

During his trips abroad on the show, Carefree Travelers, Rain got to do a lot of sightseeing. And all he could think about was how Kim Tae Hee and his daughter would love it if they had come!

MwlQ1hW_l_SaWpH68jEizVUyqOCwfC1BlPkqpym5

6. He does his part when it comes to house chores.

When his friend Lee Si Eon joked on I Live Alone that he expects his wife to pack his travel bags, Rain chided him.

“What are you talking about?

I wouldn’t dare… I pack my bags myself.”

— Rain 

lEHYBo7DmgUtgFfPaieUatsg_LiD-Yk5YNI7Gu6R

7. He carries around photos of his daughter.

Rain’s closest friends have revealed that he’s quick to pull out his phone and show off photos of his beautiful daughter. He always brags about how much she looks like her beautiful mother and that she has double eyelids!

TerrificMerryFlounder-size_restricted.gi

8. He respects his family’s privacy. 

He treasures his family’s privacy as he’s never the one to reveal many details about his wife and his child.

“I’ve thought a lot about talking about my family life.

I’m not sure whether it’s the right thing to do.

My family is the most important thing to me.”

— Rain

sKg0cWKpVYTcLnwb2w29KBiMvHBtgu57uFJvFhIz

9. He’s totally whipped for Kim Tae Hee and he’s proud of it!

“It’s easier if you let go of your desires and put your wife’s interest first. Just let her do her thing. I am whipped, I gotta admit! Life is easier that way.”

– Rain

source : Koreaboo

Rain Confesses He’s A Whipped Husband

With the recent marriage announcement and the birth of a daughter between Rain and Kim Tae Hee, Rain revealed what he is like as a husband.

MjfAz8Hm_Tim4TrsjurTAV4muWBRZUIlEM-HHcGD

Rain appeared as a guest in a recent episode of Carefree Travelers. 

orzs3NZkuLXWE2NjDwEW0ZAwxz0n5fJlYBy-8Kyd

The cast members were dying to ask questions about the newly weds and their parenting life.

rlhXcDZK-xIjt8BNNqu9mVry3GmgmFrmrk34FMVz

Spoiler

At times Rain didn’t know how to answer some of the questions thrown at him, but his thoughtful answers showed how much he cared for his wife.

tvGDLQBB4bBoz0v-SnMBFy15DETfIqCjw-C20G2h

When asked about the new born baby Rain said, “She thankfully has double eye lids, which means she will look more like her mommy than me.”

r_omE_PaC57gwktHKMHT-uV_qS-j2E3BI6zdgi6q

“I also think that you are not truly an adult until you actually get married and have children. I even tell my older hyungs who are single to get married all the time haha.”

– Rain

bPbslfUsMfSGwfrH2XkIrY1JCqgBJ9F8MvLxjjUH

It seemed like Rain was truly enjoying his married life and growing mature.

bzSizvPSKCLB5J5eYqEEGGRAkq6c1IwPBZ_rZLKg

As Rain continued to share about his life he shared a piece of advice to the married.

“It’s easier if you let go of your desires and put your wife’s interest first. Just let her do her thing. I am whipped, I gotta admit! Life is easier that way.”

– Rain

bnyGI9Hm3u7cnVsKaRZZkeat0mrN0EERuqMq6P2l

The other married cast members all laughed at his sincere advice and applauded him for being a sacrificial husband and father.

usCq7v9RGUPy8OhjM73PAzCLYgxSKnslcD8A2bEe

Source: Naver / Koreaboo

*** The article says -

*** Aside from Jessica there are more surprises - New Year's Eve in Taipei, "Korean superstar" RAIN to appear

Reporter Wu Rui Ci / Taipei reports

Following the South Korean singer Jessica confirmed to appear at New Year's Eve, "ETtoday Entertainment Star" got the message that Korean superstar RAIN might also appear. In November they taped a reality show "Carefree Travellers in Taiwan. Rain in December launched the latest album "MY LIFE ", after he recently traveled there, on the 11th it's reported that he's most likely to appear during Taipei's New Year's Eve

Rain after 3 years launched his latest album "MY LIFE ", a hit song "GANG" with strong rhythm & dance moves was released just a few days. To the surprise of the fans, "ETtoday Entertainment Star learned that he is most likely to come to Taiwan to help bring forth New Year's Eve in Taipei. In response, the reporter asked the organizer Sanlih Television Station said "tomorrow's final list will be finalized." Will RAIN go to Taiwan again & this time to appear on New Year's Eve?  Sanlih has confirmed that  "there will be an international superstar."

In fact, Rain last year held a solo concert at the National Taiwan University Stadium. He accompanied Taiwan's fans countdown and welcomed the New Year. If he re-appears again this year, he will be with his fans during year-end for two consecutive years. Following the confirmation of Jessica, Taipei will also have "international superstar" to help out during this year end celebration.

獨家/除潔西卡還有驚喜!台北跨年傳「大咖韓星」助陣

記者吳睿慈/台北報導

繼南韓女歌手潔西卡(Jessica)確定助陣桃園場跨年後,《ETtoday娛樂星光雲》得到消息指出台北場也將有大咖韓星助陣,就是11月才旋風登台錄製真人秀《團結才能火》的「天王」Rain!Rain在12月推出最新專輯《MY LIFE愛》,近來行程滿的他,11日傳出很有可能會助陣台北場跨年,連續2年登台。

d2982897.jpg

Rain睽違3年推出最新專輯《MY LIFE愛》,主打歌《GANG》節奏強勁、舞蹈動作超有氣勢,短短幾天就掀起熱烈討論。令粉絲驚喜的是,《ETtoday娛樂星光雲》得知他極有可能來台助陣台北場跨年,對此,記者詢問主辦單位三立電視台,對方表示「明天最後名單公佈才會確定」,記者追問那會有韓星來台助陣嗎?三立坦言「會有位國際巨星」。

d2982894.jpg

事實上,Rain去年跨年才在台大體育館舉辦個人演唱會,陪著台灣粉絲倒數、迎接新年,他今年若再度登台的話,便是連續兩年來台跨年會粉絲,繼潔西卡公佈將在桃園後,台北也將有「國際巨星」助陣。

***I’m sure his Taiwanese fans are happy that they could get to celebrate New Year with RAIN. Hmm…. it means that Rain can’t celebrate New Year’s Eve with his family unless of course, he’ll take them with him. :lol:

Rain And IN2IT Are The First Korean Artists To Join Taipei Countdown Show

Rain-IN2IT.jpg

Boy group IN2IT and singer/actor Rain will be ringing in the new year at the annual Taipei New Year’s Eve countdown party.

According to IN2IT’s agency, MMO Entertainment, the group has been invited to perform at the event, “2018 Taipei High City,” held in the City Hall plaza on December 31 starting at 7 p.m. local time.

“2018 Taipei High City” is hosted every year by Taiwanese TV network SET and has been broadcasting for 22 years. Last year, 800,000 people gathered at the event, which the Taipei mayor also attended.

In a press conference, SET also revealed that the countdown show would be broadcast live not only on their SET networks but also on online channels like Hong Kong’s TVB, YouTube, and Line TV.

The show will feature popular artists in Taiwan and a fireworks show from the famous building Taipei 101. Rain and IN2IT are the first and only Korean artists invited to perform at the event in 22 years.

IN2IT debuted this past October with the album “Carpe Diem” and are holding Christmas concerts on December 24 and 25. Rain made his comeback to the music industry earlier this month with “My Life” and is currently working as a mentor on the idol rebooting show “The Unit.”

Source (1) / soompi news

*** Ohh............how I wish I could get to see the picture of RAIN's daughter. Before I find it unreal that RAIN got married & now I still find it unreal that he has a kid..... Although, I know he'll have his own family in the future of course.  :lol:

Former Idols who are now Parents

Intro
From idol to parenthood
We all grow older, that is no different for our favorite idols. Some of our favorite idols have graduated from the K-pop world and are parents now. Let's take a look at some of the former idols who have become parents!

6. Rain

misc_1512973647_22708995_123951161611551

Rain married his wife Kim Tae Hee in January of 2017, shared the news of Kim Tae Hee's pregnancy in May, and had their healthy baby girl on October 25. The news was revealed when Rain posted a picture of cute girl booties with a caption that reads "Thank you... She's a beautiful princess ~ We'll raise her to be a child that helps the world. #Blessed."

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : allkpop

*** The countdown show during Taipei New Year's Eve would be broadcast live not only on their SET networks but also on online channels like Hong Kong’s TVB, YouTube, and Line TV) - :lol: Here in my side there's no time difference from Taiwan. Seoul is 1-hr ahead of Taiwan. In other countries please just calculate your time zones.

LINK to LIVE event via YT :

*** The article says - :lol:

Hwang Jung Eum, 'returns to the drama, "Sketch'  ... with Rain

Actress Hwang Jung-eum is cast in the heroine 'Sketch'. It is her return to the drama after about two years since the previous MBC 'Lucky Romance'.

According to reports on the 14th, Hwang Jung-eum recently confirmed her appearance for JTBC's new drama 'Sketch'.

'Sketch' is a rhetorical action drama about the fate and love of those struggling to change the future set in the 16EP series. It is written by Kang Hyeon Seong, who also wrote the film 'The King's Case Note', and tvN's drama 'Hidden identity'. 

In the drama, Hwang Jung-eum plays the role of a detective with intelligence ability. She is a police officer who uses her abilities to save as many people as possible. 

Hwang Jung-eum married Lee Young-don, a pro golfer, in February last year, and gave birth on August 15 this year. 

RAIN a singer and an actor earlier confirmed his appearance in "Sketch". Interest is focused on the synergy to be generated by Hwang Jeong-eum and Rain.

'Sketch' is scheduled to air in March next year.

YTN Star reporter (uiopkl22@ytnplus.co.kr)
[Photo Credit = CJES Entertainment]

[단독] 황정음, '스케치'로 출산 후 첫 드라마 복귀...비와 호흡

201712140936394546_d_20171214093836852.j

배우 황정음이 '스케치' 여주인공에 캐스팅 됐다. 전작인 MBC '운빨로맨스' 이후 약 2년 만의 드라마 복귀작이다.

14일 복수의 방송 관계자에 따르면, 황정음은 최근 JTBC 새 드라마 '스케치' 출연을 확정했다.

'스케치'는 16부작 미니시리즈로 정해진 미래를 바꾸기 위해 고군분투하는 이들의 운명과 사랑을 담은 수사 액션 드라마다. 영화 '임금님의 사건수첩', MBC 드라마넷 '별순검 시즌3', tvN 월화드라마 '신분을 숨겨라' 등의 작품에서 극본을 맡았던 강현성 작가가 집필한다.

극중 황정음은 예지능력을 지닌 형사 유지현 역을 맡는다. 자신이 가진 능력을 이용해 최대한 많은 사람을 구하기 위해 경찰이 된 인물이다.

이로써 황정음은 득남 이후 '스케치'를 통해 복귀 신호탄을 쏘아올렸다. 그는 지난해 2월 프로골퍼 겸 사업가 이영돈과 결혼 후 지난 8월 15일 광복절에 득남 소식을 알려 많은 이들의 축하를 받았다.

'스케치'는 앞서 가수 겸 배우 비가 일찍이 출연을 확정해 화제를 모았다. 황정음과 비가 빚어낼 시너지에 관심이 집중된다.

'스케치'는 내년 3월 방영 예정이다.

YTN Star 반서연 기자 (uiopkl22@ytnplus.co.kr)
[사진제공 = 씨제스엔터테인먼트]

Rain Praises BTS On Their Never Ending Global Success

Rain gave a shout out to BTS, saying that he thinks the global success that BTS is having is phenomenal.

AromaticGenerousArrowana-size_restricted

Rain appeared on a recent episode of MBC Every1’s Weekly Idol to promote his latest single “Gang”.

ung Heyong Don even described Rain as the “father of BTS”, suggesting that it was Rain’s hard work as a pioneer that opened up doors for his hoobae idols.

The main presenter, Jung Hyeong Don, greeted Rain by saying that he is the father of all K-Pop success that happens overseas.

DizzyFearlessChicken-size_restricted.gif

Jung Heyong Don even described Rain as the “father of BTS”, suggesting that it was Rain’s hard work as a pioneer that opened up doors for his hoobae idols.

AmpleLividIndianpangolin-size_restricted

Indeed, at the height of his career, Rain made TIME’s list of the world’s 100 most influential people alongside Barack Obama.

DisloyalImpishKillerwhale-size_restricte

Spoiler

Rain, however, remained humble and politely denied any influence he may have had, saying that he respects BTS and their hard work.

“They became successful because they worked really hard on their own. It has nothing to do with me.”

— Rain

FzeZSQHqAJ_0y2Tdxi5Mw1cctAIPD4UL-HiZKXH4

… And BTS respects him right back having once done a special performance of Rain’s popular song “Rainism”, to honor his legacy as K-Pop’s pioneer during its boom in the mid-2000s.

HappygoluckyBetterBoaconstrictor-size_re

The saying “It takes one to know one” never seemed truer as in the case of these worldwide stars!

Source: Sports Chosun / Koreaboo

Spoiler

Global K Star Ranking

Kim Soo-hyun and Huang Chi-hee ranked first in the weekly ranking in Baidu, China's largest portal site, and Wei Bo, China's largest SNS

from December 4 to December 10. 

Baidu male popularity ranking TOP5

1st place Kim Soo-hyun

2nd place RAIN

Third place Kim Jong Kook

4th place Park Yoochun

5th place Park Sihoo,

Kim, Soo-hyun took the top spot in Baidu's male star ranking. Kim Soo-hyun was again No. 1 in Baidu popularity ranking after last week and showed popularity without cooling down. Jung Ji-hoon (Rain) was named after the second place. Rain also took second place again after last week and is grappling with Kim Soo-hyun. Kim Jong Kook took third place. Kim Jong Kook, who has gained much popularity as SBS 'Running Man', proved his popularity still in third place after last week. In the 4th place, Park Yoo Chun was named. Park Sihoo, who has received much love as a drama, ranks fifth.

source : http://www.newsinside.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=481076

[글로벌K스타랭킹] 김수현·황치열, 바이두·웨이보 인기차트 1위 차지…엑소 세훈·찬열·김종국·에이핑크 윤보미 꾸준한 인기

[뉴스인사이드 소다은 기자] 김수현과 황치열이 중국 최대포털 사이트 바이두와 중국 최대 SNS인 웨이보에서 주간 랭킹 1위를 차지했다.  

뉴스인사이드에서 글로벌 한류스타인 [글로벌K스타 랭킹]을 발표한다. 본 랭킹은 12월 4일부터 12월 10일까지 중국 최대 포털사이트 바이두와 SNS 웨이보 ‘스타세력차트’를 참조한 순위다.

■ 바이두 남성인기 순위 TOP5  

1위 김수현  

2위 정지훈(비)  

3위 김종국  

4위 박유천  

5위 박시후  

바이두 남자스타 인기 순위 정상은 김수현이 차지했다. 김수현은 지난주에 이어 또 다시 바이두 인기 순위 1위 자리를 차지해 식지 않는 인기를 보여줬다. 이어 2위에는 정지훈(비)이 이름을 올렸다. 비 또한 지난주에 이어 또 다시 2위 자리를 차지하며 무섭게 김수현의 뒤를 따라잡고 있다. 3위는 김종국이 차지했다. SBS ‘런닝맨’으로 큰 인기를 얻고 있는 김종국은 지난주에 이어 3위를 기록하며 여전한 인기를 증명했다. 4위에는 박유천이 이름을 올렸다. 5위에는 드라마로 많은 사랑을 받고 있는 박시후가 랭크됐다.

*** RAIN posted this beautiful & amazing shot last Saturday, December 16. NICE sky & sexy back there, huh? RAIN was invited for a show at the Bvlgari Resort in Bali. He's with his dancers. This is a unique place since they have a private beach, reachable only by elevator. It's a 25-minute taxi ride from Ngurah Rai International Airport. That picture was perfectly captured. What a beautiful view - so relaxing because of the sunset. I hope he had a great weekend in Bali. :lol:

Smoking! 28 hottest male K-pop idols of 2017

The year is nearly out and that means it's time for the only list that really matters: the hottest male K-pop celebs of 2017!

We won't waste your time with words, just feast your eyes on 2017's 28 most handsome male K-pop idols right here (in no particular order) and try not to look away!

15. Rain

Still gorgeous! 

tumblr_osdyc0Rt1M1wrkoxho1_500.gif

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.sbs.com.au/popasia/blog/2017/12/12/smoking-28-hottest-male-k-pop-idols-2017