Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

***RAIN can still dance like this at age 35 (36 in Lunar calendar). He has this kind of signature moves that only he can do it well gracefully. That’s RAIN when you see it. :lol:

Watch: Rain Shows Off Cool Dances Including Kang Daniel’s Famous Move

rain-weekly-idol.jpg

On the December 6 episode of MBC every1’s “Weekly Idol,” Rain appeared as a guest after recently making a comeback with his mini album “My Life.”

The hosts, however, did not make it easy for Rain to talk about his album. They hilariously suggested that he perform in front of the production staff to receive “boots” and win the chance to advertise his album. Rain burst out laughing at this offer which would completely reverse his role as a judge on idol rebooting program “The Unit.”

In the end, Rain agreed to dance to random tracks by popular idols for the challenge. The first music that played was “Open Up,” a song from “Produce 101 Season 2” famous for Kang Daniel’s signature thigh dance move. Rain nailed the thigh dance but soon lost the beat, making everyone laugh.

Another try at the song ended up with the same results and Rain finally declared between laughs that he would simply give up the challenge. However, Rain then danced to Taemin‘s “MOVE” and Sunmi’s “Gashina,” earning a “superboot” from Jung Hyung Don.

Rain also participated in the random play dance. After the hosts bombarded him with over-the-top praise, Rain appeared to be shy under the heavy pressure. As the tracks “Rainism,” “Love Song,” “Bad Guy,” and “Instead of Saying Goodbye” played, the singer quickly got the grasp of the game and started to relax, dancing naturally.

The dance reached its climax when the title track for Rain’s new album “Gang” began playing. After taking off his watch, Rain really showed off his powerful dance moves. The hosts then announced that Rain won the game, granting him a pack of top quality beef as the prize.

Watch Rain’s cool dance moves below!

credit : soompi news

*** RAIN appearing in "Weekly Idol" show - He was CUTE performing here. The article says - :lol:

MBC Every1 "Weekly Idol, which was aired on the 6th, has World Star RAIN appeared for his comeback with a new song "Gang".  In the show Rain agreed to dance to random tracks by popular idols for the challenge. Rain pauses after five seconds of random play dancing, which includes all the hit songs from his debut song "Bad Boy" to the new song "Gang". "I cannot dance well because I don't know some songs." referring to some tracks of some popular idols. Jung Hyung Don, one of the hosts hilariously suggested that he performs in front of the production staff to have  the chance to advertise is album. So, he showed his dance skills performing How to Avoid the Sun & Rainism, etc.

On the other hand, MBC Every1 "Weekly Idol", which features the hottest idol in a week and shows its charm and talents, is broadcast every Wednesday at 6:00 pm KST.

[움짤] <주간아이돌> 랜덤플레이 향한 의지 불태운 비, 무려 5초 만에 大실패 ‘반전’

6일(수) 방송된 MBC에브리원 <주간아이돌> ‘금주의 아이돌’ 코너에는 신곡 ‘깡’으로 컴백한 월드스타 비가 출연했다. “(랜덤플레이 댄스) 사실은 기다렸습니다”라고 하며 의지를 불태운 비는 데뷔곡 ‘나쁜 남자’부터 신곡 ‘깡’까지의 히트곡을 총망라한 랜덤 플레이 댄스가 시작한 지 5초 만에 실패하여 당황한다. “춤을 워낙 못 추니까 몇 곡은 빼드릴게”라는 정형돈의 제안을 받는 등 굴욕을 맛본 비는 차츰 본인의 페이스를 찾으며 댄스 실력을 선보였다.

0000039745_001_20171206230937590.gif?typ

0000039745_002_20171206230937748.gif?typ

0000039745_003_20171206230937928.gif?typ

Spoiler

0000039745_004_20171206230938142.gif?typ

0000039745_005_20171206230938348.gif?typ

0000039745_006_20171206230938490.gif?typ

0000039745_007_20171206230938677.gif?typ

0000039745_008_20171206230938909.gif?typ

0000039745_009_20171206230939079.gif?typ

0000039745_010_20171206230939341.gif?typ

0000039745_011_20171206230939598.gif?typ

한편, 한 주간 가장 핫한 아이돌이 출연해 개인기와 재능으로 숨어있던 매력을 선보이는 MBC 에브리원 <주간아이돌>은 매주 수요일 저녁 6시에 방송된다.

iMBC 백아영 | 화면캡쳐 MBC에브리원

Copyrights ⓒ iMBC (enews.imbc.com) 무단복제 및 재배포 금지

Spoiler

*** I do agree - I think Rain somehow paved the way for K-artists into Asia & US. :lol:

Jung Hyung Don teases Rain by calling him the father of BTS

Jung Hyung Don poked fun at Rain for his title of 'World Star'. 

On the December 6 airing of MBC Every1's 'Weekly Idol', Rain joined as the guest. The MCs introduced the singer as 'World Star' and showered him with praise. To this, Rain showed modesty, saying, "The title of 'World Star' was just created by my fans."

giphy.gif

However, Jung Hyun Don went a bit overboard and continued to praise Rain. The MC said, "BTS is able to promote in the United States because of Rain. You're like the father of BTS."

At this exaggerated remark, Rain waved his hands, and said, "Everyone, it has nothing to do with me. They all succeeded because they worked hard. It has nothing to do with me."

Jung-Hyung-Don_Rain_bts_1512574505_bb.jp

source : allkpop

*** So NICE that RAIN budgets for important expenses like this. The wedding had cheaper cost but I bet their ring must be expensive.  It's also nice that he at least was talking about something related to his wife, his family now as a whole. :lol:

Rain reveals how much his small wedding with Kim Tae Hee cost

Kim-Tae-Hee-Rain.jpg

Rain talked about his wedding with Kim Tae Hee on JTBC's 'Around the World Travel Package'. 

During the December 5 episode, MC Kim Yong Man asked Rain about his marriage, and said, "Did both of you want a small wedding?" Rain replied, "My wife was the first to say that she wanted to have it at a cathedral without the extravagant formalities. I just wore a tuxedo I already owned and we didn't even have a professional photographer. The attendees were actually the photographers instead. We gathered the photos by them and made the wedding video."

Rain continued, "Honestly, there are some regrets on the wedding. I wanted to do a lot for my wife. I even started savings for the wedding but the total wedding cost only added up to be around 2,000,000 KRW (1,838 USD)."

Kim-Tae-Hee_Rain_1512487940_mt.jpg

Rain's New Album Includes His 1st Hip-Hop Track

photo916822.jpg

Singer Rain unveiled his new mini album at a press event in Seoul on Friday.

"My Life" is his first release since his sixth full-length album "Rain Effect" in 2014 and contains a hip-hop number, the first for the singer, who is celebrating the 15th anniversary of his debut.

"In my 20s, I just gritted my teeth and did my best. I didn't think of anything else. Now I've grown to truly enjoy making music", said Rain.

He said he included the hip-hop song "because I wanted to take on a new challenge, and I think that's what I had to do as a singer. In fact,

I was always a hip-hop kid".

Source : english.chosun.com/si...

Translation : Hancinema

*** I thought all along that RAIN was only rejected 12x...........

JYP Talks About The First Time He Saw Rain

Park Jin Young shared his first encounter with Rain, and he was really impressed by the passion and fire in his eyes.

On December 03, Park Jin Young appeared on a KBS’s special comeback show for Rain, 2017 Rain is Back and talked about the first encounter with Rain.

“I remember the first time Rain entered the audition room. His facial expression, his passion, and even his sweats—I can recall them all.”

— Park Jin Young.

Prior to his debut as a solo artist, Rain was a member of the failed idol group, Fanclub.

3iwEex7dVCbvEt8q7FGE0Y9D8QhkvE8jNEgcZL8K

According to Park Jin Young, Rain had failed 19 auditions before auditioning for JYP Entertainment.

He remembered him clearly and compared young Rain to a baby lion that was on the verge of death, due to extreme hunger.

“Rain reminded me of a starved young lion.

He had this look in his eyes, a combination of anger, loathing, and hunger.

I could tell he really wanted to succeed, but with the difficult circumstances, he was not able to make it come true.

He was angry and cynical, yet super talented.

I had never seen anything like that before, and I wanted to help him to make his dreams come true.”

— Park Jin Young

Park Jin Young made sure to note that although it was he who had discovered Rain, it was Rain’s determination and hard work that was the pivotal point in his global success.

Source: Insight / Koreaboo

Rain Opens Up About How It Feels To Make His Long-Awaited Comeback As A Singer

Rain-1.jpg

Rain recently opened up about making a comeback as a singer.

He appeared on MBC’s “Section TV” on December 3 to discuss a wide variety of topics and celebrate his 15th anniversary as a singer.

On how he felt about his recent comeback with “Gang,” Rain replied, “For the past four years, I’ve been busy with other things. I shot two dramas and did a few productions in China. But people kept telling me that they missed seeing my powerful performances on stage. So I went back to the mindset I first had 15 years ago and I worked really hard for this comeback. ‘Gang’ is the story of my life for the past 15 years.”

Rain1.jpg

When asked whether it felt awkward to stand on stage again for the first time in a while, Rain said that it felt like coming home. He explained, “If I don’t work hard, I won’t be able to keep up with the younger singers. I at least wanted to show them what I can do as their senior.”

Rain recently made his comeback with his new mini album “My Life” on December 1. Don’t forget to check out the music video for his new title track “Gang.”

Source (1) / soompi news

*** I guess if there's one person who knows RAIN so well that's JYP. They've been together for quite a long while..... Rain grew up in Sinchon, Seoul, with his mother, father and little sister, Hanna. His father's mill and bakery businesses failed during the 1997 economic crisis. His parents operated a rice cake shop. Bankrupt, Mr Jung left for Brazil, leaving Mrs Jung, who was ailing from diabetes, to support the family as a food vendor.  Just months before his debut Rain lost his mother. :lol:

J.Y. Park reveals how Rain talked about his ill mother and asked him for help

Rain-jy-park.jpg

J.Y. Park talked about his relationship with Rain

On December 3, Rain's comeback special titled '2017 Rain is BACK' aired on KBS2. The singer looked back at his career and shared about his journey to success. His former boss J.Y. Park of JYP Entertainment also made a guest appearance.

J.Y. Park recalled his first encounter with Rain and said, "I can clearly remember the time he walked into the practice room. I remember everything; his expression, sweating, and all." 

He added, "The reason I chose Rain is because of his eyes. He looked like a baby lion starving to death. It was very amazing. I've never seen such eyes. I wanted to continue seeing him and find out who he is."

J.Y. Park also shared about the time Rain opened up about his ill mother. He explained, "One day, Ji Hoon said he has something to tell me. He then revealed his mother is very sick and asked me for help. I went to his house right away and saw that his mother was very ill. But he never told me that." 

He continued, "She passed away early, and because of my memories with him, I cried along with Rain when he won Daesang. I think I cried because I knew his feelings (and situation)." J.Y. Park also picked the moment Rain won Daesang as the most memorable in his life and said, "I think that was the only time I've ever cried along during an acceptance speech."

Rain_jy-park_1512413115_Screen_Shot_2017

Rain_jy-park_1512413116_Screen_Shot_2017

*** Ever since this is what most I’m curious about. Well, whoever she resembles after I hope she would be a healthy baby. I wonder if we can get to see a glimpse of her in the future. Rain has the right to maintain the privacy of his family, anyway. :lol:

Rain answers if his daughter looks like him or Kim Tae Hee

Kim-Tae-Hee-Rain.jpg

Rain shared about his baby daughter on JTBC's 'Carefree Travelers'. 

The November 28 episode invited Rain on the travel show. The MCs asked the singer, who've recently welcomed his first baby with Kim Tae Hee, "Who does the baby look like?"

Rain answered, "Well, she does have double eyelids. I'll only say that." As for the daughter's name, he explained, "It implies the meaning of outstanding."

Kim-Tae-Hee_Rain_1511886203_kttt.jpg

• Like 1

*** Rain is such a good mentor. What a touching story he has. :lol:

“The Unit” Contestant And IM Member Hangyul Opens Up About Being Adopted

Hangyul.jpg

Hangyul, a contestant on “The Unit” who is also from the K-pop boy group IM, recently revealed his story of being adopted by his current parents.

On the December 9 episode of the idol rebooting program, there was a segment when the mentors visited the participants to comfort and encourage them.

Rain went into the male dormitory and discovered Hangyul sleeping. He asked, “Are you sleeping?” Right away, Hangyul sat up and greeted him.

Rain sat down beside him, and they started to talk. Rain asked, “How old are you?” When Hangyul replied 19, Rain looked shocked, and he commented, “Hangyul, you’re so young.”

Rain also asked about Hangyul’s family, and Hangyul shared that he has two older brothers who are 15 and 16 years older than him.

Rain grew surprised and asked how old his parents are. Hangyul said, “My father is over 60 years old.” Rain asked, “Did your parents have you late?” to which Hangyul answered, “Yes.” Hangyul added, “I have to succeed and be good to them.” Rain encouraged him, saying, “You already succeeded.”

Hangyul-Rain.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source (1) / soompi news

LINK to read FULL article : https://www.soompi.com/2017/12/09/the-unit-contestant-im-member-hangyul-opens-adopted/

• Like 1