Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

*** I understand him, it’s his personal life! RAIN just wants privacy for his family. He wants to protect his family. Even before that he was still single, he didn’t talk about his Dad & sister, anyway. I respect his decision. That’s how he values privacy. Although, I really want to see the picture of (3) of them together. :tongue:

Rain says he no longer wants to talk about his wife Kim Tae Hee and daughter on broadcast

Kim-Tae-Hee-Rain.jpg

Rain talked about his wish to remain silent on matters regarding his family. 

On the November 27 airing of SBS Power FM's 'Cultwo Show', Rain was asked, "What's it like to become a father?" 

The singer replied, "A lot of people ask, 'What is it like? How's your family?' but after getting married and seeing many celebrity families, I decided on one rule, and that is to not talk about my family matters on a broadcast. If people give me questions, I ask for their understanding." 

Rain explained, "I don't think it'll be good for my children and wife later on."

Kim-Tae-Hee_Rain_1511800512_rn.jpeg

source : allkpop

*** NICE those hats. I like this “monster” concept. It’s just a little weird that it shows here that he's so much bigger than his backup dancers & that shoulder pads and mask - hahaha.  Well, only Rain can make those dance moves, though. :tongue:

Rain drops sinister dance MV teaser for title track 'Gang'

Rain has dropped a dark, sinister, and charismatic dance MV teaser for his comeback title track, "Gang". 

Rain's 1st mini album 'My Life - 愛' will be celebrating the singer's 15th anniversary since debut this year. Title track "Gang" is the work of Brand New Music producer Taewan, and by the looks of the MV teaser so far, will be a powerful dance track full of swag. 

You can listen to Rain's 1st mini album in full this coming December 1, before you also catch his comeback show '2017 Rain is Back' on KBS2 this December 3!

Rain drops teaser images for upcoming song 'Gang'

Rain.jpg

Rain has dropped teaser images for "Gang".

It looks like the song will be the title song to his upcoming mini album, and he'll have his first comeback stage on KBS' 'Music Bank' this week on the same day as the day of the release.

Rain's first ever mini album will be called 'My Life 愛', his first music release in approximately 11 months and also his first album release in 3 years. 

Stay tuned for his comeback on December 1st at 6PM KST.

Rain_1511837191_1.jpg

*** RAIN posted another picture TODAY, November 29 with a caption - " # Gang # rain # new album # music bank # first public # 20171201 # 6pm # newsong” - Scary but the teaser video looks so COOL! Jaw drops.... & can't breathe.  It's an amazing dance. Beat is very good! I'm somewhat stunned.  I love the style, kind of unique. It's pretty wild - hahaha - looks so intense I’m all in. Waiting for him to promote on music shows. :tongue:

November 29, 2017

Rain opens up on married life with Kim Tae-hee

Singer Rain spoke up about his marriage to actress Kim Tae-hee on the travel reality show “Carefree Travelers,” which aired Tuesday evening.

Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, said he feels “comfortable” giving into his wife’s wishes.

Rain and Kim wed in January after five years of dating and welcomed a daughter on Oct. 25.

The JTBC show featured comedians Kim Yong-man and Jung Hyung-don, announcer Kim Sung-joo and former soccer player Ahn Jung-hwan on a trip to Taiwan.

20171129000684_0.jpg

While walking by shops in Taiwan’s streets, comedian Kim Yong-man said, “You always go into these shops if you go traveling with your wife.

“Isn’t it the same for you?” he asked Rain, who replied, “I just follow her around.”

Rain also added, “You’re not fully an adult until you get married and have a child.”

The travel reality show, which kicked off on Nov. 19, airs Tuesdays at 10:50 p.m.

Rain is set to release an EP album titled “My Life” on Friday.

(doo@heraldcorp.com)

*** I’m just not sure if this show has 28EPs but the show will last until mid-January. :tongue:

More Details Revealed About Rain’s Collaboration With “The Unit” Contestants For His Comeback Show

Rain-21.jpg

More details have emerged on the special collaboration stage that Rain will have with the contestants of KBS’s idol rebooting show “The Unit.”

According to reports, Rain will be performing his 2002 hit track “Instead of Saying Goodbye” with his “The Unit” juniors at his “2017 Rain Is Back” comeback show.

Filming for the show took place on November 21 and all 126 “The Unit” contestants are said to have danced on stage with their mentor. It was also stated that the male and female trainee who won a mission in “The Unit” also got to have their own solo dance

break each to showcase their individual talents.

Rain6.jpg

This will be Rain’s first comeback in approximately three years. Though the singer is busy with preparations ahead of the December 1 release of his mini-album, he is said to have worked with KBS to create a special experience for his juniors. The collaboration stage was an idea Rain had from the early planning stages of his comeback show. He has been going above and beyond his duties as a mentor, even visiting the contestants at their dorms to share advice and give them feedback to improve themselves.

Rain will be releasing his new mini album “My Life” on December 1, and the comeback show will air on December 3.

Source (1) / soompi news

On 12/1/2017 at 3:56 PM, Go Seung Ji said:

Hi Go Seung Ji, thanks for sharing all the updates here. Dear, "thank you" doesn't begin to convey how much I appreciate you. :tongue::heart:

*** RAIN posted this schedules last week with a caption - " # It's been a long time # Friendly news # Broadcasting guide # Monday # Update schedule # If you are not busy that day # My mind # Combo show # Prepare # Older # Not easy # Birthday # Real # Damaged arthritis # Take care of it # Hard work # Ready # Friendly mode # Do your best # 3 consecutive days # For reference # Concert # Preparing # Preparing drama # Movie release # - Ye, it's really been a long while seeing you on-stage. So NICE that you shared your schedules with us. It's been hard work for you these past few consecutive days, weeks.....But, your Clouds are ready! Looking forward to your concerts soon. I'm sure you're preparing for this. Can't wait for your drama next year. Is that "Sketch", I wonder.....What about your movie? I thought all along that the production team are targeting a release before the year ends. Hope we could get news/updates about this soon. :tongue:I'm happy that you're back! Wish I am there also in Seoul right now cheering you on with some Clouds. Can’t wait for MORE from you. Fighting Rain

• Like 1

*** TODAY, December 5 will be the 2nd part airing of JTBC “Carefree Travellers” at the same time, 1050PM KST. :blush:

*** RAIN posted this clip last November 30 with a caption - " # Rain # Introduction # Come on # Preview " - The song really sounds good.  It's a beautiful melody. Loving the new mini-album... very good songs. :blush:

• Like 1

*** RAIN posted this Track List of his mini-album on December 1 with a caption - " # Today # Music Bank # First place # 6 pm # Sound source release " -- D day!!! Music Bank was his 1st stage appearance on December 1.  Hehehe - the word "track list here is spelled wrong - Nice albumTotal of (5) songs in this album.  Fantastic Rain... If it's from RAIN it must be good. Good luck oppa! :tongue:

*** RAIN posted this clip on December 1 with a caption - " # Music Bank # rehearsal # soon to be live # my cheonggu # kim yongdeok " - So, this was prior the show. :tongue: Bromance.....They look CUTE together - hahaha - RAIN doing selfie.....Look at his pose. This is so COOL! I heard this was 1-hour before the show.

*** Rain, fighting! :tongue:

Watch: Rain Makes A Roaring Comeback With Performances Of Hit Tracks, Collaboration With “The Unit” Idols, And More

rain-the-unit1.jpg

On December 3, KBS 2TV aired Rain’s comeback special entitled “Rain is Back.”

The 90-minute special showed Rain performing old classics and new songs from his comeback mini album, as well as featured candid talks and interviews from celebrity friends.

Rain opened the show with an intro and a performance of his comeback title track “Gang.” He then followed up this powerful

performance with fan-favorites “Hip Song,” “How to Avoid the Sun,” “I’m Coming,” and “It’s Raining.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adSFA-sR5R0

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5yG0aUy7hY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkGTOwORZmE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfnIN1fVsac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-UnYe3APfc

Afterwards, a segment entitled “GoBack” included a clip of an interview with Rain where he talked about his difficult beginning as a singer. He opened up about his first debut as a boyband member in 1999 that turned out to be a failure, then having to work as a backup dancer for four years before finally debuting as a solo male artist in 2002.

“I was so nervous, so scared, and so desperate,” said Rain thinking back to his debut days. However, despite his determination and talented staff, Rain did not see immediate success on the music charts.

However, he said he asked for another chance and before wrapping up promotions for his first album, he followed up with the promotion of the track “Instead of Saying Goodbye,” which became a hit. This opportunity led to more opportunities, which led to the moment he won Artist of the Year at the 2004 KBS Music Awards.

After the interview, Rain performed “Bad Guy” on stage for his fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9Qyo6VSGrM

His friend and actor Lee Shi Un then came on stage to MC a Q&A session where Rain answered fan-submitted questions. During the Q&A, Rain responded to fans’ requests and inquiries, and even hinted at appearing in a drama next year. He then performed some more classics such as “Rainism” and “Love Story,” as well as introducing new tracks such as “Again” and “Sunshine.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4I-35W3Yzk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APZlCwnk2zI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=910IcOuftOs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw7Ir_vadvY

Rain currently acts as the lead mentor on the KBS idol rebooting show “The Unit,” and he shared his stage with the contestants for their performance of the show’s title track “My Turn.” They also joined him to perform his classic song “Instead of Saying Goodbye.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4r46Fu70Yw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnLoWRs75yo

The singer and actor also took time to speak directly to his fans between performances. A visibly touched Rain stated, “I think I acted strong. I thought that was the way to survive. I always thought I needed to show you guys something and honestly, that pressure and weight were really difficult.”

He continued, “However, I earned the most valuable thing—family. I feel like I am starting the second chapter of my life. I sincerely want to thank you again for allowing me to be on stage for 15 years of my life.”

The show also aired clips of exclusive interviews with close friends of Rain and famous celebrities such as JYP’s Park Jin Young, actors Song Seung Hun, Kim Jae Wook, and Lee Bum Soo. Rain concluded his comeback show with a performance of “I” and officially marked his comeback to the music industry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ_bsLiXhXI

You can watch more of Rain in the latest episode of “The Unit” below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

Spoiler

*** TODAY, December 6 RAIN will appear in MBC “Weekly Idols” at 6PM KST. :tongue:

***So NICE & CUTE of him to at least talk about this personal matter on-air this time. It’s just unusual of him – hahaha – I guess they did the right thing because if that’s what they prefer why waste a lot of money just to mind others what they’re going to say. I can see KTH as a very private person just like RAIN as well. So, not really surprised about the small wedding. For me small wedding is more solemn. They can actually spend more if they want. Both are bankable stars. They’re lucky to have each other. :tongue:

Rain Candidly Reveals The Price Of His And Kim Tae Hee’s Small Wedding

Kim-Tae-Hee-Rain.jpg

Rain went on a three-day trip to Taiwan on the December 5 broadcast of JTBC’s “Carefree Travelers,” during which he opened up about his wedding.

“Carefree Travelers” is a variety travel show where celebrities go on packaged tours with the cast members. On the show, Rain was asked about his small wedding to Kim Tae Hee and whose idea it was. The couple got married on January 19 after about five years of dating. They are now parents to their first-born daughter, who was born on October 25.

Rain responded, “My wife was the first to say she wanted a small wedding at the Catholic church without empty formalities and vanities. I wore a tuxedo that I already owned and [we] didn’t do a wedding photo shoot. We didn’t hire a photographer either. The guests acted as the photographers and we put those photos together and made a video.”

Rain13.jpg

He continued, “Honestly, I have a lot of regrets [about the wedding]. There were lots of things I wanted to do for my wife on that day. I even opened an installment savings account for the wedding. The actual total cost of the wedding came out to a little over 2 million won [approximately $1,840].”

Meanwhile, Rain recently made his comeback with the title track “Gang,” which he showcased during a 90-minute comeback show. He also currently acts as a mentor on KBS’s idol rebooting program “The Unit.”

Source (1) / soompi news

*** Among RAIN's works the least that I love is this movie - I guess I find RAIN here so strange. I admit I only watched the movie because of him. Well, this was such an interesting look at mental illness, though.  There were so many moments in this movie that had me cracking up, anyway! I also found it extremely entertaining that the writers had to get Rain shirtless at least once. Bwahahaha.... the yodelling! I love how RAIN yodels here.  It's just that if I had to use (1) word to describe this movie it would be WEIRD.  Watch this movie to get a very different kind of love story, though. I guess to some this movie is surely a little masterpiece. But, to me somehow it seems as if the movie itself doesn't know where it wants to go. The worst thing is the ending. The finish is just hitting the screen unexpected and too sudden. This is my opinion - :tongue:

****************************************************************************************

7 Korean Movies That Would Make Great Dramas

There is no shortage of great narratives in the world of Korean dramas, with new shows released quick enough to give us all whiplash. It always seems that, as we’re still processing the emotional roller coasters of current dramas, five new shows come along to torture our hearts some more. Nonetheless, we could always use more, and what better fountain of dramatic treasure to inspire us than Korean movies? In the vein of “My Sassy Girl,” which started as a cinematic masterpiece in 2001 then earned itself an American remake and a sequel before delving into dramaland with a new twist, here are seven movies we think would make great dramas.

Possible spoilers ahead.

I’m a Cyborg, But That’s OK

im-a-cyborg.jpg

For many fans of Korean cinema, the films of Park Chan Wook were the catalyst for a new obsession. They’re internationally recognized and undeniably gripping, but the majority of his catalog would be far too dark for Korean TV. “I’m a Cyborg, But That’s OK” is, however, one of his lighter, more quirky movies, packed with romance, intrigue, and fantastic performances from Rain and Im Soo Jung. Surreal, wacky, and unlike anything currently on Korean TV, “I’m a Cyborg” has a wealth of side characters that could easily be fleshed out across a series run, not to mention all the sci-fi action possibilities that come when the institutionalized characters envision their own fascinating realities.

The visual and aesthetic style is one of the most gripping things about this movie, and of course that’s partly owed to the director, but wouldn’t it be amazing if Park came on board to direct a series adaptation? It wouldn’t be the first time a big director moved to TV… aah well, we can dream.

Watch “I’m a Cyborg, But That’s OK”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news