Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Unfortunately it is for us impossible to go to SK for the movie, so let's pray that it is loved and watched by all different of people not only Rain-fans.

Ok, thanks dear! So if there is no date, you are right it might have been during his last vacation.

Yes, Clouds won't "miss" Rain too much thanks to fans like you, willenette and all the other wonderful fans who keep on updating and writing about Rain. blush.gif

That's funny as in my country people think of height not like that. Of course you shouldn't be too tall or too small. But usually, women who aren't tall are considered more attractive (except for models of course looool).

Hi bbly, about the report that he was seen with Baekga dining in an Italian resto, I'm very sure that anjjo is correct since even if hes stationed now in a different place & his position being a PR Agent/Entertainment soldier he's still an "active-duty" & can't be allowed to go out just like that. :D

Hi willenette, let's enjoy more of Rain's funny antics in Fugitive - :lol:

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

and his unforgettable kissing scenes in Ijuksa :wub:

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

anjjo, I’ve seen this drama (my DVD copy-) at least so many times, it never gets old. I’ve watched it so much that just the thought of it brings back memories. You know that - yes, I have memories with a film. Nevertheless, watching this movie brings on a tone of nostalgia. I could give up blinking just to see more of his face. There are fight scenes and the most hilarious chase scene I’ve ever watched. The story moves fast, so there’s no time to get bored. There are also bad scenes here but it’s all good, because I know what the fast-forward button does .hehehe - The characters were perfect, the setting was perfect. I don’t know how much really it cost to have RAIN in every project he’s in but I’m thinking that’s where the budget went. Up to now, I still play and pause, fast forward and rewind to my whim.- hehehe :lol:

***Gosh....................sigh...................nothing to post/share today................. :mellow:

LITS1.jpg

No matter where he is in the world, RAIN manages to stand out and shine. He shines with his sharp features, and can be spotted easily with his tall height and slim body. :sweatingbullets:

***anjjo, I love all the collage/compilation of his dramas you posted here. All these compilations are the best. Looking at them one by one RAIN had different hairstyles. Some of the hairstyles are really interesting....... :sweatingbullets::lol:

bbly, truly indeed, Rain is fortunate to have fans like all of US.. :D But then, let us not forget the sources of the updates which we share thru our posts, specially Ratoka, 화니, huhuhuhu, scorpiola, to name a few, all the sites focused on Rain, contributors at rain-cloud. co. kr (Clouds' official website) and all kpop links. Without their untiring endeavors to supply current news about Rain, we will terribly miss him. :) Thanks so much to them with all my gratitude and appreciation for their effort and for allowing us to re-post their searches about our beloved Rain.

You are 100% right, dear! There are so many dedicated fans, as you named few of them, so dedicated and so passionate about Rain. It's thanks to those fans (like yourself and willenette) that this distance isn't that bad.

Hi bbly, about the report that he was seen with Baekga dining in an Italian resto, I'm very sure that anjjo is correct since even if hes stationed now in a different place & his position being a PR Agent/Entertainment soldier he's still an "active-duty" & can't be allowed to go out just like that. :D

Yes, dear, I think so to that anjjo is right about her assumption here.

***Gosh....................sigh...................nothing to post/share today................. :mellow:

***anjjo, I love all the collage/compilation of his dramas you posted here. All these compilations are the best. Looking at them one by one RAIN had different hairstyles. Some of the hairstyles are really interesting....... :sweatingbullets::lol:

Hi willenette, we are very grateful for all your comments and infos everyday, big thanks to you, dear, so please don't sigh . . . . :lol:

I am gathering some collages/materials of his activities, later maybe I can post them to make his threads more lively. :lol:

Yes, dear, I think so to that anjjo is right about her assumption here.

In connection with this issue, I agree with you and take willenette's stand

-------------------------------------------------------------

I am in awe when I read this article knowing how closely associated Rain is, with these two powerful Korean women, like in a mother-son relationship and I am so delighted to share this with you -

4 Korean Women Rank Among 'Asia's 50 Power Businesswomen'

englishnews@chosun.com / Mar. 05, 2012

Four Korean women CEOs have found their way onto a list of "Asia's 50 Power Businesswomen" released by Forbes Asia last Thursday.

The list is limited "to those actively engaged in profit-seeking businesses" in Asia, "excluding notable figures... who simply exercise influence, such as through public or NGO service," the magazine reported.

2012030500761_0.jpg

From left, Romi Haan, Hyun Jeong-eun, Kim Sung-joo, and Lee Mi-kyung From left, Romi Haan, Hyun Jeong-eun, Kim Sung-joo, and Lee Mi-kyung

The four are Haan Corp. founder and CEO Romi Haan, Hyundai Group Chairwoman Hyun Jeong-eun, Sungjoo Group Kim Sung-joo, and CJ Entertainment & Media Vice Chairwoman Lee Mi-kyung.

Source:http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2012/03/05/2012030500920.html

As we all know and remember, Kim Sung-joo is the CEO of MCM Luxury Leather Goods & Apparel, in which Rain is the top endorser. Her company also sponsored Rain's very successful concert in Dresden, Germany with Jon Vogler last May, 2011.

Here's their pics in one of MCM branch store opening, which Rain often graced with his presence -

1724306e67b65ddc9ce6d5318b0b2a25.jpg

5ae5a5a7a5ff1b7682ef33fbad1d7320.jpg

As to CJ Entertainment & Media Vice Chairwoman Lee Mi-kyung, her film company is the producer of "Soar into the Sun" and Rain also models for her CJ Foods (English) and CJ: For Better Life (Haechandle) under her umbrella organization. She visited Rain at his camp on last year's Christmas eve with some members of the cast and here's some excerpts in a news item about it:

"Lee Mi Kyung", vice chairman of the CJ, specially prepared a car with Bibigo (a Korean

food brand produced by the company) on it for Rain and his soldier mates performing

their duties in cold weather while cutting themselves off from society even on Christmas

Day.

"A special connection between "Lee Mi Kyung" and Rain is widely known as she's had a

motherly affection and carefulness for him.

"Lee Mi Kyung" carrying on a three-generation family business, the eldest daughter of

"Lee Maeng Hee" who is the eldest son of the late "Lee Byung Cheol" who is the founder

of the Samsung group, has great influence with the domestic culture and art world."

Pics showing the persons who visited Rain -

c0047605_048343.jpg

We are aware that these two ladies love Rain and we hope that both of them will fully support him after his discharge

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain Lotte picture

2012-03-06

credit : mimi2 blog//ratoka@

3%282%29.jpg

Hi willenette, we are very grateful for all your comments and infos everyday, big thanks to you, dear, so please don't sigh . . . . :lol:

I am gathering some collages/materials of his activities, later maybe I can post them to make his threads more lively. :lol:

In connection with this issue, I agree with you and take willenette's stand

-------------------------------------------------------------

I am in awe when I read this article knowing how closely associated Rain is, with these two powerful Korean women, like in a mother-son relationship and I am so delighted to share this with you -

Four Korean women CEOs have found their way onto a list of "Asia's 50 Power Businesswomen" released by Forbes Asia last Thursday.

The list is limited "to those actively engaged in profit-seeking businesses" in Asia, "excluding notable figures... who simply exercise influence, such as through public or NGO service," the magazine reported.

*quoted image*

From left, Romi Haan, Hyun Jeong-eun, Kim Sung-joo, and Lee Mi-kyung From left, Romi Haan, Hyun Jeong-eun, Kim Sung-joo, and Lee Mi-kyung

The four are Haan Corp. founder and CEO Romi Haan, Hyundai Group Chairwoman Hyun Jeong-eun, Sungjoo Group Kim Sung-joo, and CJ Entertainment & Media Vice Chairwoman Lee Mi-kyung.

Source:http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2012/03/05/2012030500920.html

As we all know and remember, Kim Sung-joo is the CEO of MCM Luxury Leather Goods & Apparel, in which Rain is the top endorser. Her company also sponsored Rain's very successful concert in Dresden, Germany with Jon Vogler last May, 2011.

Here's their pics in one of MCM branch store opening, which Rain often graced with his presence -

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

As to CJ Entertainment & Media Vice Chairwoman Lee Mi-kyung, her film company is the producer of "Soar into the Sun" and Rain also models for her CJ Foods (English) and CJ: For Better Life (Haechandle) under her umbrella organization. She visited Rain at his camp on last year's Christmas eve with some members of the cast and here's some excerpts in a news item about it:

"Lee Mi Kyung", vice chairman of the CJ, specially prepared a car with Bibigo (a Korean

food brand produced by the company) on it for Rain and his soldier mates performing

their duties in cold weather while cutting themselves off from society even on Christmas

Day.

"A special connection between "Lee Mi Kyung" and Rain is widely known as she's had a

"Lee Mi Kyung" carrying on a three-generation family business, the eldest daughter of

"Lee Maeng Hee" who is the eldest son of the late "Lee Byung Cheol" who is the founder

of the Samsung group, has great influence with the domestic culture and art world."

*quoted image*

We are aware that these two ladies love Rain and we hope that both of them will fully support him after his discharge

Rain Lotte picture

2012-03-06

*quoted image*

Hi anjjo, thanks for the nice words, so encouraging............. :lol: Thanks also for always finding time to share & post something here................I'm also grateful for bbly to try her best to visit the thread & share - despite of our busy schedule we're here for RAIN. :lol:

Thanks dear for sharing this article from Chosun. I didn't know that the CJE&M owner was the one who also visited him in the army last holiday season. She's so nice & sweet to do that. I know the movie cast had a meeting about the movie during that time but didn't expect her to join with the group. :lol:

12-03-05 Arirangworld - Showbiz Korea_The hottest entertainment issues online these days

credit :arirangworld / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

My link

1111111.jpg

***RAIN in a motorcycle again. Wahhhhh.....isn't this cool? :sweatingbullets:

Soar Into The Sun in Samsung Smart Monitor CF picture

credit : DC + cap by ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

7-0.jpg

7%2D1.jpg

CJ summer blockbuster movie

No 3. Soar Into The Sun

http://mlbpark.donga.com/mbs/articleV.php?mbsC=bullpen&mbsIdx=631289&cpage=1&mbsW=&select=&opt=&keyword=

207w4t2.jpg

감독 : 김동원 (투사부일체, 유감스러운 도시)

출연 : 정지훈, 신세경, 유준상, 김성수, 이하나, 오달수, 정석원

장르 : 액션

작품컨셉 : '탑건' 스타일의 항공 액션 블록버스터.

제작비 : 120억

시놉시스 : 대한민국 최고의 전투조종사들로 구성된 특수 비행팀 '블랙이글스'의 최연소 조종사 태훈은 천재적 비행실력 못지 않은 타고난 장난기와 호기심으로 온갖 소동을 몰고 다니는 문제아. 어느 날 고난도 비행을 시도하던 중 순식간에 에어쇼를 난장판으로 만든 그는 결국 블랙이글스에서 퇴출당한다. 그 후 친형처럼 의지하던 대서가 편대장으로 있는 21전투비행단에 오게 된 태훈은 동기생 유진과 후배 석현을 만나 차츰 적응해 나간다. 하지만 비행단내 '탑건'으로 불리우는 원칙주의자 철희와 사사건건 부딪히게 되고, 태훈은 철희와의 비행 대결을 앞두고 정비대대 최고의 에이스 세영에게 도움을 청한다. 그러던 어느 날 여의도 상공에 정체 모를 전투기가 출현했다는 공습 경보가 발령되고, 태훈, 유진, 대서, 석현은 출격을 준비하는데...

개봉시기 예상과 흥행전망 : 한국 극장가의 최대 대목인 7월에 개봉할 가능성이 높음. 그러나 만약 7월 개봉한다면 그건 이 영화에 대한 기대감 때문이 아니라 '버리는 카드'라는 의미가 큼. 왜냐하면 7월에 2012년 할리우드 최대 대작인 '다크나이트 라이즈'와 한국영화 최대 기대작인 쇼박스의 '도둑들'이 개봉하는데 CJ가 가지고 있는 여름 라인업 중에서는 이 두 작품을 이길만한게 없음. 그나마 '타워'가 가능성이 있지만 그래도 승산은 낮음. 어차피 질 거라면 논개 작전으로 더 기대가 안되는 작품을 내놓은 가능성이 크고 그게 '비상 태양가까이'임. 본래 '비상 태양가까이'는 올해 설연휴 대목에 개봉할 예정이었으나 어떤 사정으로(표면적으로는 '마이웨이'가 설연휴까지 장기흥행하면 서로 겹치니까 라는 이유였음. 마이웨이가 장기흥행은 커녕 한두주만에 폭망했으니 완전히 무의미한 사유였지만.) 계속 개봉이 연기되다가 결국 여름 라인업으로 확정됨. 이러한 개봉 연기는 영화에 대한 자신감이 없다는 정황으로도 해석될 여지가 있음. 아무튼 현재로서는 7월에 개봉한다면 아무리 CJ의 배급공세가 있어도 '다크나이트 라이즈', '도둑들'을 상대로 전혀 승산이 없는게 확실한 상황. 물론, CJ가 이 영화를 8월에 내놓고 7월에는 '타워'로 다크나이트 라이즈', '도둑들'과 정면 승부에 나설 가능성이 있음.(CJ가 7월 내놓는 작품이 '비상 태양가까이'라면 7월은 포기한다는 의미고 '타워'라면 한번 승부해보겠다는 의미로 해석 가능함.)

[Eng.trans] A little anecdote about what happened in a communal bath

for military soldiers.

2012-03-03

*quoted image*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My friend serves at the same division as Rain, but they don't get assigned to the same

unit.

According to my friend, when he was trained in a recruit training center the last time, he

found Rain there.

Rain and he were trained in different places, but they took bathes in the same communal

bath. Coincidently, my friend washed himself all over right beside Rain.

Just then, Rain asked my friend to scrub off the dead skin on his (Rain's) back

and my friend did Rain a big favor.

Everywhere he went, my friend bragged about what he'd had a conversation with Rain

while scrubbing off the dead skin on Rain's back.

When my friend was even very loquacious about Rain's gorgeous body as if he rang his

own bell, I advised him, "Just do well yourself!"

Creidt to DC @ http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=321388&page=1&bbs=

English translation by 화니@rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

anjjo, RAIN is always in the headlines every time he's up to something. :sweatingbullets::lol:

***I remember RAIN decided to quietly enlist to serve his mandatory duties last year but still his army entry had caused a big media fuss. And now that he's there inside, aside from the medias, soldiers are also having the same fuss. Most of them also have this feeling of excitement towards him. Good luck to your new position, RAIN! :lol:

***Remember the article here about Se7en saying that Boom was as popular as RAIN during their HS? So, even when RAIN was in HS he was already popular, huh? And did you know that Se7en revealed so many things here about Boom during his guesting in that show, huh? He said that Boom went a plastic surgery. I didn't know that Boom had plastic surgery, wonder what he looked like before. I want photos….Maybe his nose because this is usually done by most celebrities. But hahaha…..Se7en’s comment - OMG that makes me really crack up for some reason! He’s so funny. Maybe once RAIN mandatory service is over, the three of them Se7en & Boom can reunite again. And just knew recently that his real name is Lee Min Ho. I find him good looking for his age though. :lol:

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Day.

*quoted image*

I hope too that this mother-son relationship with those 2 strong and successful ladies will continue. It is a relationship of giving and getting.

12-03-07[Rain-Jihoon Notice]We caution you not to be deceived by a homepage created on Face Book, which impersonates Rain's official fan club site.

* Posted by memo-rain on March 7, 2012

We caution you not to be deceived by a homepage created on Face Book,

which impersonates Rain's official fan club site.

Hi, we're Rainy Entertainment.

We're to inform you that the current official Cloud fan club homepage created

on Face Book is posing as the real official Cloud fan club site.

The homepage on Face Book is not related to the official Cloud fan club, Rain,

and Rainy Entertainment at all.

If you find any Rain fan pages impersonating the real official Cloud fan club

or Rain or Rainy Entertainment, please let 8th term Cloud execute or Rainy Entertainment know.

source : http://www.rain-jihoon.com/n2/notice_view.php?page=1&No=355&bSeq=526

English Translation by 화니

Source:memo-rain.ning.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[Pic] 12-03-06 JVJQ event 2012

* Posted by ratoka on March 6, 2012

c1.jpg

c2.jpg?width=750

c3.jpg?width=750

c4.jpg?width=750

CREDIT AS TAGGED

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain in Full House

Sorry, willenette, for the wide forehead, but still as handsome as ever! :lol::wub:

8ccdd457900bb5b3b60338cae2d8f9d8.jpg

More

c0047605_0411012.jpg

c0047605_0412721.jpg

c0047605_0413755.jpg

c0047605_0414258.jpg

credit:as tagged

[Pic] 12-03-06 JVJQ event 2012

* Posted by ratoka on March 6, 2012

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

CREDIT AS TAGGED

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain in Full House

Sorry, willenette, for the wide forehead, but still as handsome as ever! :lol::wub:

*quoted image*

More

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

credit:as tagged

Hi anjjo, thanks for sharing this JVJQ event. So sad that RAIN can't even witness this event in case they need him. <_<

Hahaha - that forehead..............early in the morning, dear. But, thanks for posting them here, especially that 1st pic (still looking good in my eyes -) thanks for reminding me all the time that I'm bias when it comes to RAIN. :sweatingbullets::lol:

[info]The address for Defense Agency for Public Information Services (국방홍보원)where Rain serves as an entertainment soldier.

English translation by 화니 - rain-cloud.co.kr/

서울시 용산구 용산고길 21 국방홍보원 정지훈 일병 우)140-833

To PFC "Jung Ji Hoon"(Rain)

Defense Agency for Public Information Services.

Yongsango-gil 21, Yongsan-gu, zip code : 140-833

Seoul, South Korea.

Or

서울시 용산구 두텁바위로 54-99 국방홍보원 홍보지원대 대외협력팀 일병 정지훈

To PFC "Jung Ji Hoon"(Rain)

The external cooperation team in a support group attached to

Defense Agency for Public Information Services.

Duteopbawi-ro 54-99, Youngsan-gu, zip code : 140-833

Seoul, South Korea.

Re-post : DC

http://www.rankoz.com/?sd=1&sc=list&tca=10d0&lm=subMenu_1_6&sca1=10d010&sca2=&it_sort=it_reg_date&it_sod=desc&tit=&ln=L&rn=R&lnum=10&imax=10&mv_num=61-70

***In Korea they have tradition called "White Days" on March 14th. That's when it's payback time, and the girls are expected to return the favor. They give chocolate, candy, etc to their BFs. This is mostly celebrated by single ladies. Japan also celebrates this… :lol:

12-03-08 Rain coupang white day event

source : coupang twitter / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

♥쿠팡트위터 화이트데이 이벤트♥화이트데이 때 OOO하면 고백 100%성공 적고 열심히 RT해주신 10분 추첨하여 "초콜렛과자 빈츠"를 드려요 ♋‿♋!(※기간:3/8~3/13 당첨자발표:3/14)http://pic.twitter.com/8Y17KjpK

coupang.jpg

***I hope they could collaborate in a drama in the future, when he gets back from the MS. I'd love to see them together in a small screen. I would totally want to watch them together. I like her....I started liking her after watching MNIKSS. :lol:

********************************************************************************

Who is Fit to Call Kim Sun-ah ‘Noona’?

20120305_seoulbeats_rain_sunah_palm_reading.jpg

There’s no such thing as a bad drama when Kim Sun-ah is involved. In fact, I could probably watch her watch paint dry and I’d give it a standing ovation. And then ask for an encore. To me, she is the epitome of awesome, even with the ill-named hit film Wet Dreams on her resume. She’s proven herself to be a top actress in the popular drama, My Name Is Kim Sam Soon, and I fell in love with her after watching City Hall and Scent of a Woman.

But if there was one critique I’d have to give her, it would be her attraction to roles that can get a bit too cute at times. And while that can be part of her charm, I’d like to see her play some stronger characters. So it comes as a delight to learn that Kim Sun-ah will be playing the leading lady in a new romantic comedy set to release in May. Titled I Do, I Do, the drama will feature a successful career woman who, after a one night stand with the new young employee at her job, gets pregnant. A “top star” is being suggested for the role of the young male employee and with a little poking around on the interwebs, I learned that the top star is rumored to be CN Blue‘s Jung Yong-hwa.

My first reaction to that tidbit was, “Wait whaaat?”

As a disclaimer, I must emphasize that I love Yong-hwa. His epic performances on Running Man have solidified my love for him. But I saw the guy in You’re Beautiful. And I definitely saw him in Heartstrings. And, in an effort to be as nice as I can possibly be, I would have rather watched a slab of wood playing the guitar and acting alongside Park Shin-hye. There’s not a chance in K-drama hell that he’d be able to hold his own with a proven veteran like Kim Sun-ah. Seriously. She’d eat him up.

While continuing my journey through the interwebs, I noticed other names crop up, suggesting others who could play the noona killer in Kim Sun-ah’s drama. I saw names like Song Joong-ki, Lee Min-ho, Kim Bum, and Jaejoong. And I totally agree these guys could play her love interest. That is, if I want to sit through awkward scenes of Kim Sun-ah making googly eyes at a guy that could pass for her much younger brother. The 36 year-old pro will need someone a bit less baby-faced to make me believe the sexual chemistry.

So who do I desperately want to see playing the young strapping hero? Why, none other than the noona-killer himself, Rain. Sure, he’s got the baby face thing going on too but for him, I’ll make an exception. At only 29 years old, he is my number one choice for who I think can play the rookie employee to Kim Sun-ah’s experienced career woman. I mean, can you imagine Rain and Kim Sun-ah together? My mind is blowing just thinking about it.

The pair previously showcased their amazing chemistry during Rain’s 2008 Rainism comeback tour. She appeared on stage for the tango version of his song “Bad Guy” and knocked the socks and pants off of unexpecting viewers.

My link

Yeah. You didn’t think she learned those Scent of a Woman tango moves from Lee Dong-wook did you? MBC released a documentary leading up to the performance, chronicling two weeks of rehearsals and hijinks between the two stars. In front of viewers the duo went from reasonably awkward, to developing a comfortable friendship, and finally to being cozy enough to get playful and flirty on camera.

My link

20120305_seoulbeats_rain_sunah_angels-150x150.jpg

While Kim Sun-ah has proven that her acting chops are the cream of the crop, Rain’s own acting prowess is nothing to scoff at. In fact, I would go as far as to say that Rain has set the modern standard for singer/actors, offering a goofball charm and endearing naturalness to all of his roles. Because let’s face it, he was the saving grace of his last drama The Fugitve: Plan B (a drama that has taken me over a year just to get to episode 12) and he’s just plain fun to watch! In certain respects, he’s as much of a pro as Kim Sun-ah; in fact, both of their respective dramas, Full House and My Name is Kim Sam-soon were huge contributors to the spread of Hallyu overseas. I’m giddy just thinking of what they could do together.

So…I’m going to need this to happen like, right now. Sure there’s the whole, Rain-is-serving-his-two-years-of-military-duty thing but I’m thinking of starting a petition calling for the delay of this drama until he gets back. Who’s with me?

Gong Yoo and Jung Il-woo are also some of my top contenders. Are there any younger actors you’d like to see take on the role? While you’re pondering this, I leave you with an adorable scene between Rain and Kim Sun-ah. As if you needed any more.

My link

(Dramabeans, Nate) / seoulbeats

[Mar-09-2012] Rain'll move from Yeonchun to Seoul on the 13th due to the change of his assignment.

English translation by 화니 - rain-cloud.co.kr/

rain.jpg

Upcoming March 13, singer and actor Rain (his real name is "Jung Ji Hoon") is going to

transfer from a recruit training center attached to the 5th Division to Defense Agency for

Public Information Services in Seoul's Youngsn-gu where he will newly serve.

There will be a change in his assignment from a teaching assistant in a recruit training

center attached to the 5th Division to a member of the support group for Defense Agency

for Public Information Services on this day.

During the phone call with enews on the 8th, an official from Defense Agency for Public

Information Services said, "I know Rain'll come here around March 13th. We're discussing

what he has to do."

In accordance with his hope to become a normal soldier, Rain had served as a teaching

assistant in a recruit training center attached to the 5th Division since his enlistment last

October, but he submitted an application to Defense Agency for Public Information

Services to become a member of the support group for the department of his own

volition, and he was selected as a member of the group after going through the form of

an interview on the 23rd of the same month.

The assignments of actor "Kim Jae Wook", actor "Ym Joo Howan", and hip hop group

Untouchable's member "Sleepy" will also be changed as in Rain's case.

Now actor "Lee Dong Geon", actor "Lee Wan", actor "Kim Ji Hoon", actor "Yu Geon", Epik

High's member MithraJin, singer "Park Hyo Shin", singer "Yu Seung Chan", etc. are serving

as members of the support group for Defense Agency for Public Information Services.

Credit to enews24 http://news.nate.com/view/20120308n09759

12-02-29 MBC - Star Radio_Mention Rain

Credit : ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

My link

or watch video here

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpavy0_120229-mention-rain_shortfilms

mbc.jpg

March 8, 2012

Rain to Transfer to Seoul for Military Next Week

Rain is likely to be transferred this week from his service in the 5th division’s recruitment training center in Gyeongi-do Yeoncheon-gun to Seoul’s Yongsan Ministry of National Defense.

Rain will transfer from the 5th division’s recruitment training center to the Ministry of National Defense as a PR agent.

An associate told enews on March 8, “Rain is expected to come to the Ministry of National Defense around March 13. I believe discussions are currently being made on the work Rain will do there.”

Rain enlisted into the army last October opting to serve in a regular army unit and was sent to the 5th division’s recruitment training center. However, on February 17 he applied for the Ministry of National Defense’s recruitment for its PR recruitment and was accepted as a PR agent on February 23.

Along with Rain, Kim Jae Wook, Im Joo Hwan and Untouchable’s Sleepy will be assigned new positions in the army.

Currently Lee Dong Gun, Lee Wan, Kim Ji Hoon, Yoo Gun, Epik High’s Mithra Jin, Park Hyo Shin, Yoo Seung Chan and others are serving as PR agents.

Photo credit: Ministry of National Defense / enewsworld

South Korea’s Greatest Export: How K-Pop’s Rocking the World

The members of K-Pop Fans Kuwait seem a little blue. The angsty poem attached to their tower of fan rice at the kickoff of Big Bang’s world tour in Seoul was a bit of a downer for a pop show. The fan rice paid for by a club in Indonesia, on the other hand, was more in the spirit of things, adorned with a message to the band that could even double as a tourism slogan: “DON’T THINK TOO MUCH. JUST COME TO INDONESIA.”

What’s a fan rice tower? What’s Big Bang? I asked the very same things when I arrived in South Korea last week and attended my first K-pop concert in Seoul’s Olympic Park Gymnastics Stadium. Fan rice is pretty much what it sounds like: rice, from fans. As a way to show their devotion, fans of Korean pop music — or K-pop — buy bags of rice and donate it to their favorite bands, who, in turn, donate the rice to a charitable cause.

rain_01.jpg

Pop Sensation

South Korean singer Rain performs on stage during the "Rain Rainy Day" concert at the Convention and Exhibition Centre on October 8, 2005 in Hong Kong, China. Born in 1982, Jung Ji-Hoon, the star adopted his stage name for the release of his first record, Bad Guy, 2002.

rain_02.jpg

'Here Comes the Rain Again'

The pop star performs at his World Tour Premiere to promote his fourth Korean album, Rain's World in Seoul, October 13, 2006. The month before, the singer had released his first record in Japanese, Eternal Rain.

rain_03.jpg

Fans with Fans

A crowd gathers outside MTV's Times Square Studios while the South Korean singer appears onstage during a taping of "MTV World Presents, Rain-Live in New York, February 3, 2006 in New York City.

rain_04.jpg

Fashionista

A detail of Rain's wardrobe selection for his appearance at MTV Times Square Studios February 3, 2006 in New York City. The star launched Six to Five, his own fashion line, in late 2008.

rain_05.jpg

Heart Throb

In his debut on the big screen, Rain stared in 2006's I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK, a romantic comedy set in a mental hospital. The film won the Alfred Bauer Prize at the Berlin International Film Festival.

rain_06.jpg

Fists of Fury

In his first English language lead role, Rain played a rogue warrior in 2009's Ninja Assassin.

rain_07.jpg

Crowd Pleaser

South Korean pop star Rain practices a few hours before the beginning of the closing ceremony of the 16th Asian Games in Guangzhou, China on November 27, 2010.

rain_09.jpg

Epic Cool

Rain performs on stage during his concert at the Beijing Wukesong Culture and Sports Center on March 26, 2011 in Beijing, China.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Credit : Global Spin

12-03-02 Soar Into The Sun clip in Samsung Smart Monitor CF

2012-03-03

CREDIT : DC//ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

anjjo, too bad that the CF is only exclusive in Korea.............It would have been so great for a movie promo if this would go international. I also said this it's because I hope this movie will be nominated in the future to an international award like Academy Award for instance? Why not? There's nothing wrong to dream........when you dream, dream BIG! I read that South Korea has been submitting films for nomination every year to Academy Awards/ Oscar. But why can’t K-films ever break into the Academy Award? Many K-films have won important awards like Best Actress in a Leading Role, Best Directing, and other categories at other major film award ceremonies like Festival de Cannes, Berlin International Film Festival, and Venice International Film Festival. however, no such accomplishment has been made at the Academy Awards. Is it because K-films are not as well known as other Asian films? Are K-films not good enough? Or maybe the nominating standards of Academy Awards differ greatly from others. But, what is the big deal about getting into Academy? Is it because the Academy Awards can often be elitist? :lol: BTW, Samsung & Apple is competing with each other especially in Korea. For the 2nd time Samsung has sued Apple over patent infringements in the country. :D

Rain Lotte picture

2012-03-06

*quoted image*

Lotte Co., Ltd. is a South Korean Jaebeol (conglomerate) and one of the largest food and shopping groups in South Korea and Japan. I'm happy that RAIN is one of them in this family for quite a while now. :lol:

***I remember you told me & mentioned that you want to see RAIN do a historical drama................You know that I really don't dig this kind of genre but I'm curious to see how RAIN would look like wearing those period costumes.......History was never my favorite subject. Maybe this is one of the reasons why I don’t dig historical dramas. Every time I watch period dramas I always have a hard time understanding the story. Because sageuk use a complex kind of storytelling. And most period dramas have long EPs. In sageuk you often have to commit to 20, 30 and even 40+ episodes to see the story through. I have no patience watching long dramas. See, watching sageuk & long dramas isn't just fun for me. :lol:

***I hope they could collaborate in a drama in the future, when he gets back from the MS. I'd love to see them together in a small screen. I would totally want to watch them together. I like her....I started liking her after watching MNIKSS. :lol:

********************************************************************************

Who is Fit to Call Kim Sun-ah ‘Noona’?

*quoted image*

There’s no such thing as a bad drama when Kim Sun-ah is involved. In fact, I could probably watch her watch paint dry and I’d give it a standing ovation. And then ask for an encore. To me, she is the epitome of awesome, even with the ill-named hit film Wet Dreams on her resume. She’s proven herself to be a top actress in the popular drama, My Name Is Kim Sam Soon, and I fell in love with her after watching City Hall and Scent of a Woman.

But if there was one critique I’d have to give her, it would be her attraction to roles that can get a bit too cute at times. And while that can be part of her charm, I’d like to see her play some stronger characters. So it comes as a delight to learn that Kim Sun-ah will be playing the leading lady in a new romantic comedy set to release in May. Titled I Do, I Do, the drama will feature a successful career woman who, after a one night stand with the new young employee at her job, gets pregnant. A “top star” is being suggested for the role of the young male employee and with a little poking around on the interwebs, I learned that the top star is rumored to be CN Blue‘s Jung Yong-hwa.

My first reaction to that tidbit was, “Wait whaaat?”

As a disclaimer, I must emphasize that I love Yong-hwa. His epic performances on Running Man have solidified my love for him. But I saw the guy in You’re Beautiful. And I definitely saw him in Heartstrings. And, in an effort to be as nice as I can possibly be, I would have rather watched a slab of wood playing the guitar and acting alongside Park Shin-hye. There’s not a chance in K-drama hell that he’d be able to hold his own with a proven veteran like Kim Sun-ah. Seriously. She’d eat him up.

While continuing my journey through the interwebs, I noticed other names crop up, suggesting others who could play the noona killer in Kim Sun-ah’s drama. I saw names like Song Joong-ki, Lee Min-ho, Kim Bum, and Jaejoong. And I totally agree these guys could play her love interest. That is, if I want to sit through awkward scenes of Kim Sun-ah making googly eyes at a guy that could pass for her much younger brother. The 36 year-old pro will need someone a bit less baby-faced to make me believe the sexual chemistry.

So who do I desperately want to see playing the young strapping hero? Why, none other than the noona-killer himself, Rain. Sure, he’s got the baby face thing going on too but for him, I’ll make an exception. At only 29 years old, he is my number one choice for who I think can play the rookie employee to Kim Sun-ah’s experienced career woman. I mean, can you imagine Rain and Kim Sun-ah together? My mind is blowing just thinking about it.

The pair previously showcased their amazing chemistry during Rain’s 2008 Rainism comeback tour. She appeared on stage for the tango version of his song “Bad Guy” and knocked the socks and pants off of unexpecting viewers.

My link

Yeah. You didn’t think she learned those Scent of a Woman tango moves from Lee Dong-wook did you? MBC released a documentary leading up to the performance, chronicling two weeks of rehearsals and hijinks between the two stars. In front of viewers the duo went from reasonably awkward, to developing a comfortable friendship, and finally to being cozy enough to get playful and flirty on camera.

My link

*quoted image*

While Kim Sun-ah has proven that her acting chops are the cream of the crop, Rain’s own acting prowess is nothing to scoff at. In fact, I would go as far as to say that Rain has set the modern standard for singer/actors, offering a goofball charm and endearing naturalness to all of his roles. Because let’s face it, he was the saving grace of his last drama The Fugitve: Plan B (a drama that has taken me over a year just to get to episode 12) and he’s just plain fun to watch! In certain respects, he’s as much of a pro as Kim Sun-ah; in fact, both of their respective dramas, Full House and My Name is Kim Sam-soon were huge contributors to the spread of Hallyu overseas. I’m giddy just thinking of what they could do together.

So…I’m going to need this to happen like, right now. Sure there’s the whole, Rain-is-serving-his-two-years-of-military-duty thing but I’m thinking of starting a petition calling for the delay of this drama until he gets back. Who’s with me?

Gong Yoo and Jung Il-woo are also some of my top contenders. Are there any younger actors you’d like to see take on the role? While you’re pondering this, I leave you with an adorable scene between Rain and Kim Sun-ah. As if you needed any more.

My link

(Dramabeans, Nate) / seoulbeats

anjjo, too bad that the CF is only exclusive in Korea.............It would have been so great for a movie promo if this would go international. I also said this it's because I hope this movie will be nominated in the future to an international award like Academy Award for instance? Why not? There's nothing wrong to dream........when you dream, dream BIG! I read that South Korea has been submitting films for nomination every year to Academy Awards/ Oscar. But why can’t K-films ever break into the Academy Award? Many K-films have won important awards like Best Actress in a Leading Role, Best Directing, and other categories at other major film award ceremonies like Festival de Cannes, Berlin International Film Festival, and Venice International Film Festival. however, no such accomplishment has been made at the Academy Awards. Is it because K-films are not as well known as other Asian films? Are K-films not good enough? Or maybe the nominating standards of Academy Awards differ greatly from others. But, what is the big deal about getting into Academy? Is it because the Academy Awards can often be elitist? :lol: BTW, Samsung & Apple is competing with each other especially in Korea. For the 2nd time Samsung has sued Apple over patent infringements in the country. :D

***I remember you told me & mentioned that you want to see RAIN do a historical drama................You know that I really don't dig this kind of genre but I'm curious to see how RAIN would look like wearing those period costumes.......History was never my favorite subject. Maybe this is one of the reasons why I don’t dig historical dramas. Every time I watch period dramas I always have a hard time understanding the story. Because sageuk use a complex kind of storytelling. And most period dramas have long EPs. In sageuk you often have to commit to 20, 30 and even 40+ episodes to see the story through. I have no patience watching long dramas. See, watching sageuk & long dramas isn't just fun for me. :lol:

Hi willenette, thanks, so many news yesterday, seems I cannot cope hahah, :lol: but I am not complaining. That article with Kim Sun-ah is so nice, I always repeat watching their tango version and like you, I hope they will collaborate in the future.

With your comment and info, it's only now that I realized that SK films had not penetrated the Oscar derby yet and China is much, much ahead of it, be it movies and actors and actresses. SK movies had won so many awards at different film festivals abroad and I know that their time and chance will come later, with all their talents and resources ( financially), or the Oscar is waiting for our Rain? Wait till he returns from his MS. :lol::lol:

Until now, it is my wish to see Rain in a historical drama coz I feel that he will be complete in his acting career if he do one. Dear, I know you have patience when it comes to Rain's projects, we'll endure even if we suffer for his sake to support him, that's how we love him. :wub::lol:

--------------------------------------------------------------

[article] Going International: A Look at Ninja Assassin & The Warrior’s Way.

2012-03-08

credit: Stephe@http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=1876&board_id=b_08042315352775&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

Do enjoy this excellent write-up, Clouds! :)

If you share it anywhere in its entirety, please do so with all credits and links intact. Thanks!

-- Stephe

a-better-tomorrow-00-800-751.jpg?w=150

Which era is the coolest? 1986....

KOFFIA (Korean Film Festival in Australia) Blog 3/6/2012 — written by Paul Bramhall

Going International: A Look at ‘Ninja Assassin’ & ‘The Warrior’s Way’

The idea of any Asian actor or actress wanting to break into the international English language market has always been a tough one, perhaps best illustrated by the influx of Hong Kong talent to Hollywood in the lead up to 1997’s handover of the island back to China, when all movies would be subject to the governments board of censors, and suddenly the bad guys could no longer be “those dirty mainlanders”.

Although at first it seemed that Hollywood greeted them with open arms, for many who made the move those same arms quickly became a bear hug. Jet Li could do kung-fu, therefore in every movie he will play an Asian cop, Tsui Hark made some memorable action movies, therefore he will only direct moves starring Jean Claude Van Damme, Ringo Lam also made some good action movies, so he was destined to the same fate of directing movies starring Jean Claude Van Damme. In fact the only director who escaped the curse of directing Jean Claude Van Damme was John Woo, who directed him just once in 1993’s ‘Hard Target’.

mujeok4.jpg?w=120

....or 2010, you decide!

Even an excellent actor like Chow Yun Fat got roped into essentially playing the same character he was known for in his most famous action movies like ‘A Better Tomorrow’ (recently re-made in Korea) and ‘Hard Boiled’, and soon enough everyone grew weary and headed back home. The only person who stuck it out was Jackie Chan, who after breaking almost every bone in his body during his Hong Kong movies, was probably happy to enjoy the safety of Hollywood in his later years and cash the cheques.

Hollywood got to shape its new Hong Kong talent pool not so much on their acting or directing skills, so much as on whatever roles they had played before which would have the most appeal to what they perceived an English speaking audience would want to see.

gijoe_lbh013.jpg?w=100

So, in a movie industry like that of Korea, where first and foremost acting is the priority above all else, what kind of opportunities would await beyond the soju guzzling peninsula? For a long time, it was known that Lee Byung-hun was the only Korean actor with a Hollywood agent, and although he was cast yet again in a very stereotypical role for his first, and so far only, Hollywood foray ‘G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra’, he did a good job of almost stealing the show as the white clad ninja ‘Storm Shadow’.

But surprisingly the Korean who would get the honor of having their own starring role in a Hollywood production first was K-pop megastar Rain, who after having a brief appearance in the 2008 Wachowski Brothers movie ‘Speed Racer’, jumped to headlining the 2009 slice ‘em and dice ‘em ‘Ninja Assassin’.

untitled1.jpg?w=112

A year later in 2010, Korea made a co-production with New Zealand called ‘The Warrior’s Way’, which starred Jang Dong-gun in the lead role in a nod to the cowboy western movies of old, which was helmed by Sngmoo Lee. While a movie which revolves around a ninja hacking and slicing his way through modern day Europe, and a movie about an Asian warrior settling down in a turn of the century ramshackle western town may not sound very similar, interestingly the structure of both movies are remarkably so.

For a start both characters are on the run from their clans, who view them as traitors. Jang Dong-gun’s Sad Flutes clan are after him because he wouldn't kill the last surviving member of a rival clan, who is just a baby, and Rain's Ozunu clan are after him because he refused to kill a fellow clan member who had tried to escape. In typical western made movie style, it appears neither are actually playing a Korean character, with Dong-gun’s character being hinted at as being Chinese, and Rain’s character is alluded to as being Japanese.

koffiarainraizo1.jpg?w=150

However the similarities don't stop there, each respective clan's master is played by a legendary icon of action cinema - the master of the Sad Flutes clan is played by Shaw Brothers legend Ti Lung (who, in connection to the movie I referenced earlier, is also in the original ‘A Better Tomorrow’), and the master of the Ozunu clan is played by 80's American B-movie ninja icon Sho Kosugi (whose son, Kane Kosugi, was also the star of Jung Doo-hong & Ryoo Seung-wan’s short movie for Motorola phones, ‘Timeless’) - and both play cruel and spiteful characters who will stop at nothing to track down their target.

koffiawarriorsway1.jpg?w=150

The style of the action is also very similar. When the action does come, both movies shed liberal amounts of CGI blood (in my opinion a rare case of being done well for both movies), and employ the '300' technique of the stop-start slow-motion/speed-up action scenes.

All in all despite so many similarities, I enjoyed both movies for what they where, light popcorn fodder with an Asian influence, and for me I'll probably watch them both again. The bigger question of if Korean actors can break out into more diverse roles that don’t involve them brandishing a sword to slice up some form of enemy is yet to be seen, with even 2009’s live action adaptation of the Japanese manga ‘Blood: The Last Vampire’ starring the beautiful Jeon Ji-hyun in the title role, still essentially following exactly the same formula.

As has always been the case, Hollywood and other western movie industries are never quite sure what to do when Asian actors come calling, be it from Korea, China, or Japan. But at least in the case of ‘Ninja Assassin’ and ‘The Warrior’s Way’, the characters that Jang Dong-gun and Rain play are treated with respect, and don’t have to put up with the poor stereotyping that the Hong Kong clan had to deal with a little over a decade ago.

Both characters are strong, silent types, and most refreshing of all is that both are given a western love interest in the form of Kate Bosworth & Naomie Harris respectively, minus any type of racial stereotyping, the ‘Rush Hour’ movies should take note. All in all, while these movies may not be perfect, they’re a step in the right direction, and if nothing more, Rain has probably gained a few more fans to his already huge legion of followers.

— Paul Bramhall

@Paul Bramhall

p_bramhall@hotmail.com

12-03-08 Mnet - enews_Talk about Rain

2012-03-09

credit : momorumii//ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXMjSyv7dic&list=UULBMXNHYXB7_wjm_MkjptlQ&index=1&feature=plcp

mnet.jpg

12-02-29 MBC - Star Radio_Mention Rain

Eng Translation by : 화니 - rain-cloud.co.kr/

My link

Cr-ratoka

[Eng.trans]

~0:03

MC : I know that "Jo Young Gu" worked out strenuously, having Rain as a role model.

0:05~0:07

"Jo Young Gu": Yes, I did. Because my wife likes Rain very much.

0:08~0:13

MC : You're a faithful husband.

0:15~0:22

"Jo Young Gu": I thought I would rather give her my well-muscled body as a gift by modeling myself after him, than be debarred from giving her his body as a gift. So I almost killed myself while losing weight by working out.

0:25

A husband who faced death to love his wife.

12-03-06 MBC - Show Champion_Talk about Rain

credit : hahabaobei625 @ tudou re-pu by ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

My link

mbcccc.jpg

Lee Hyori Addresses Sex Rumors with Rain

by: thunderstix on Mar 8, 2012

daa3464a4c54ee1e38ad99ede1753d49_large.jpg

Most old school K-Pop fans know about the sex rumors between Lee Hyori and Rain. It first surfaced in the early 2000s, when it was rumored that Rain had bragged about his one-night stand with Lee Hyori on a live radio show—without being aware of his voice going on air at the moment. Rain supposedly was connected by a phone call for the show, but mistakenly spoke about his personal love life while being on air.

The rumor remained the longest mystery among K-Pop fans as no evidence was found or revealed on any of the fan communities. Neither Rain nor Hyori addressed the rumors, further deepening the problem with more speculation and assumptions by fans.

On March 8, Hyori finally opened up about the one-night stand allegations with Rain on KBS “Happy Together 3.” While talking about all the rumors she had to endure through her career, Hyori nonchalantly said, “There weren’t many absurd rumors. In fact, most of them were true. But the scandal with Shin Dong Yup and the rumors about Rain were absolutely false.”

She explained, “As you all know, there is no radio show that calls someone, without getting the call set up prior to going on air. There’s no chance of speaking without knowing you’re on air. It was just really frustrating.”

Netizens who saw the show commented, “Finally, that rumor is proven wrong,” “I wish Rain was on the show, too,” and “The longest K-Pop mystery has been solved.”

968adb0983066b3bf64c43ee9ab49eb7_large.jpg

Credit : soompi news