Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

I said this before and I say it again: I am not fond of the idea that Rain is acting in a war movie. Now reading this and seeing who his female partner is (no idea about this girl), I am even more convinced that this movie isn’t a good idea. First of all, it means he won’t go to the army for couple of months at least and who knows when Rain will enlist. I feel this might cause more bad voices against Rain (playing a solder in a movie, but not doing his MS). And to be very honest with you, at this stage of Rain’s career and his status, I actually wish (and think it would be the best) if he leaves to MS asap and doesn’t postpone it any longer :unsure::( (please don’t think of me as a bad fan, I am only caring about Rain).

I think I read here that the postponement is only possible 6 months, so that means that Rain’s postponement goes until March 2011. Will he then ask for a 2nd one? I don’t want to even imagine the reactions in Korea if this postponement is accepted <_< !

Again, I apologize if I seem too negative or too pessimistic here. I just try to stay realistic.

Believe me, they will attack Rain when he does this movie :angry: ! An excuse of postponing the service is acceptable for example for school or studies. But if you are an anti, you will think: really, study? And when does Rain have time to study when doing a drama and then shooting a movie? This is exactly why I feel bad about this :ph34r: . About the female lead, actually age doesn’t matter if young or old, as long as she is talented. But my instinct tells me she isn’t the right choice. Yes, it would be good to see Rain act with an actress younger (the last and maybe only one was SMA during ALTK).

bbly, I understand you point...... about all of this - due to negative public sentiment in case. Many claim that military service is a sacred duty that no man should be exempt from. Ye, you're right that the postponement is given only for a maximum of 6-mos. And I think RAIN has been granted that request since he's supposed to enter & serve last September yet. (still no confirmation on this...) As what I've said here yesterday, I have a strong feeling that he'll enlist on his birthday month next year. I don't think RAIN will ask for another delay since he said it that he's ready to go & serve when the time comes. :sweatingbullets:

More Fugitive caps

2010-12-07

f29529a98df128f8bb8e6f756b83a16f.jpg

dc3cd7ec84132110e63ad8748e0bf621.jpg

0c7eeed7ea003ce33f387e1f0a3f88c5.jpg

5e7e371b46bfab9ca06f4ba04b9909d6.jpg

dd0b0b191696fec37366af875b45582e.jpg

2279efc278c83ef5e44f397dd8742140.jpg

db0a153c0101d41c11f87c11c9241d29.jpg

402c3a6a2b684cc6c91df05b75ae1431.jpg

594ea2bfa1d5246c03bc554b9ec8e740.jpg

fb989d7db7beb1259b1b3e24873d48ea.jpg

afa99384c2a2e234c82a16b8283ee574.jpg

04a0cdcf57cdb70c286f77258edea309.jpg

8ddc4215cb093d155df59a839f2c52d2.jpg

99efef94f87adb9ce1238d4f6693c5b5.jpg

3438d20d4624063d14ed79d00bd8c5d2.jpg

62efeade6858119f4fe79d4cb947cb16.jpg

d2f7c60141027183a40a53dc86774106.jpg

3aac651497d1819cde0e325d8310ccc0.jpg

f7f128142b775de8150860d3200d358d.jpg

1f2bd7e7b08e99834e9f418154a45050.jpg

3654b0f3c97a707afdeb95dd23b8799d.jpg

967b1acb075e1cbb5f2beb7f8c44e864.jpg

7b34313dab075634f8b6a280fe150e5c.jpg

Source:blog.goo.ne.jp/rain-love2

-----------------------------------

Rain reveals his enlistment plans

December 6, 2010

20101207_bi_1.jpg

After the conclusion of “Fugitive: Plan B“, Rain ended up revealing his enlistment outline after he was asked about his future plans.

The singer/actor stated, “Although ‘Fugitive’ didn’t record high viewer ratings, I believe it to be a drama that has allowed me to learn more about people. It also earned a ‘mania’ fanbase and had me acknowledged as an actor.”

Regarding his enlistment plans, he stated, “I’m timing everything now. I’ll be entering the miitary in the second half of 2011, after I film for a Hollywood film.”

Rain is currently busy with preparations for his year-end concert, “Adieu 2010 with RAIN“, which will be held on December 31st.

Source: BNT News via Nate

credit:allkpop

---------------------------------

[Dec-07-2010] Rain'll enter the army in the latter half of next year after finishing shooting a hollywood film.

20101207113522_4cfd9d69bac7e_1.jpg

Rain says that he plans to enter the army in the latter half of next year after finishing shooting a hollywood film.

Rain talked about the terms of entering the army at KBS TV's every Wednesday and Thursday drama series 'The Fugitive Plan B' farewell party last 6th.

On that day, Rain expressed as, "I'll enter the army in the latter half of next year after finishing shooting a hollywood film I've recently arranged my schedule to fit into."

And, he said, having a great affection for 'The Fugitive Plan B', "'The Fugitive Plan B' series haven't enjoyed high viewer ratings, but the drama's continuity in a unique way in a tightly woven plot has created a huge fan base for it.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to have made a lot of friends during the drama shoot. I think this drama will win wide acclaim among the public as time goes on."

Adding, "I really wanted to appear in a soap drama, but I think 'The Fugitive Plan B' can be far better received by the overseas critics because it is a detective drama with lots of suspense."

credit to My Star News http://news.nate.com/view/20101207n09831?mid=e0100

Brief translation by rain bird.

Rain reveals his enlistment plans

December 6, 2010

http://static.allkpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/20101207_bi_1.jpg

After the conclusion of “Fugitive: Plan B“, Rain ended up revealing his enlistment outline after he was asked about his future plans.

The singer/actor stated, “Although ‘Fugitive’ didn’t record high viewer ratings, I believe it to be a drama that has allowed me to learn more about people. It also earned a ‘mania’ fanbase and had me acknowledged as an actor.”

credit:allkpop

---------------------------------

[Dec-07-2010] Rain'll enter the army in the latter half of next year after finishing shooting a hollywood film.

http://nimg.nate.com/orgImg/mi/2010/12/07/20101207113522_4cfd9d69bac7e_1.jpg

Rain says that he plans to enter the army in the latter half of next year after finishing shooting a hollywood film.

credit to My Star News http://news.nate.com/view/20101207n09831?mid=e0100

anjjo, wahhhhh.......I don't want to thank you for posting this.....because you're breaking my heart now. But, you see.....I'm almost right, dear - can I say it over again that I have a strong feeling he'll enter the army on June - in time for his b-day. :rolleyes: Friend, I'm feeling sad. I'm crying inside........huhuhu......can you give me a hug? :) Gosh, RAIN, don't go, K-government, please don't do this...... Coming here to visit soompi without posting anything is just so sad, going to his other sites without reading any news about him just sucks...... I wish he doesn't have to go. :sweatingbullets:

After filming Hollywood movie? What is that? Do we expect another movie & not this "Red Muffler"? I'm confused...... Does it mean another Hollywood film for him instead? Wow, good to know this & coming from himself. A concert this month & a movie in his hand, I’ll enjoy them. I just hope that this movie isn't similar to NA anymore, which is action-genre. I want something different. Good luck, RAIN! :)

This new project - if Rain does it - sounds quite interesting!

wind, ye, I find it interesting, too. But you know, since last summer there were speculations about Rain going to star in the remake of this movie "Red Scarf". And now, a representative of the movie stated, "Rain has completed his contract – does it mean he’s going to do 2-movies? I hope we could get more updates about this + the Hollywood film that he’s mentioning. :lol:

from Rain's twitter

여러분 그동안 "도망자" 사랑해주셔서감사합니다 여러분들이 힘을주셔서 무사히 잘 끝낼수있었습니다... 이제 지우는 제마음속에 잘간직하고 비 라는 이름으로 무대위에 설것입니다 12월31일 잠실콘서트를시작으로 새로운 앨범과 영화로써 찾아뵙겠습니다.사랑해요

about 2 hours ago via 파랑새

Thanks a million to all my fans. It was pleasure time for me to work on the drama last 6 months.

I could've done it with your warm heart support and I really appreciated. ~

There will be a concert on the last day of December and this would be the lovely opportunity to make great memories together. I love you

[Dec-07-2010] Rain, "Nothing has been decided yet"

According to Rain's agent on the 7th,

"The article, 'Rain says that he plans to enter the army in the latter half of next year after finishing shooting a hollywood film' reported for the first time by a newspaper ( http://news.nate.com/view/20101207n05183), is misleading. It is so absurd that we are speechless. Nothing has been decided yet regarding the matter about which he appears in a hollywood film and he enters the army in the latter half of next year."

credit to My Star News http://news.nate.com/view/20101207n16317

Brief translation by rain bird.@ rain-eu

bbly, I understand you point...... about all of this - due to negative public sentiment in case. Many claim that military service is a sacred duty that no man should be exempt from. Ye, you're right that the postponement is given only for a maximum of 6-mos. And I think RAIN has been granted that request since he's supposed to enter & serve last September yet. (still no confirmation on this...) As what I've said here yesterday, I have a strong feeling that he'll enlist on his birthday month next year. I don't think RAIN will ask for another delay since he said it that he's ready to go & serve when the time comes.

That is why I feel nervous about this dear! As MS is considered so highly in Korea and the people are very harsh on celebrities as they think the stars are treated special because of their status, this won’t make them happier.

Second half of 2011? Seriously, when does he plan to do it? Towards the end of 2011? And if he asked for a postponement last September which lasts 6 months and if he plans to shoot a movie and do an album, going to the army 2nd half of the year, then he needs to ask for another postponement. I hope Rain knows what he is doing :unsure: !

anjjo, wahhhhh.......I don't want to thank you for posting this.....because you're breaking my heart now. But, you see.....I'm almost right, dear - can I say it over again that I have a strong feeling he'll enter the army on June - in time for his b-day. Friend, I'm feeling sad. I'm crying inside........huhuhu......can you give me a hug? Gosh, RAIN, don't go, K-government, please don't do this...... Coming here to visit soompi without posting anything is just so sad, going to his other sites without reading any news about him just sucks...... I wish he doesn't have to go.

After filming Hollywood movie? What is that? Do we expect another movie & not this "Red Muffler"? I'm confused...... Does it mean another Hollywood film for him instead? Wow, good to know this & coming from himself. A concert this month & a movie in his hand, I’ll enjoy them. I just hope that this movie isn't similar to NA anymore, which is action-genre. I want something different. Good luck, RAIN!

Dear, don’t be too sad! He should do this MS and get it over as quick as possible!

Regarding a Hollywood movie: is it so wise? I mean let’s say this movie is a huge success (outside of Korea) and Rain is highly in demand after that. Does it make sense when you are gone for 2 years anyway?

[Dec-07-2010] Rain, "Nothing has been decided yet"

According to Rain's agent on the 7th,

"The article, 'Rain says that he plans to enter the army in the latter half of next year after finishing shooting a hollywood film' reported for the first time by a newspaper ( http://news.nate.com/view/20101207n05183), is misleading. It is so absurd that we are speechless. Nothing has been decided yet regarding the matter about which he appears in a hollywood film and he enters the army in the latter half of next year."

credit to My Star News http://news.nate.com/view/20101207n16317

Brief translation by rain bird.@ rain-eu

Ok, this is now enough! :angry:

What is this now? All the news reported as if Rain said those very word himself, now J. Tune is denying it. Seriously, sometimes I don't want to believe anymore anything. But this is also J. tune's fault. As an "agency" :rolleyes: it would be nice to give the fans clear information and transparancy about Rain and his future. Is this so much to ask? Or is this the way that Korean agencies work in general :unsure: ?

As always we have to wait and see what the future will bring.

Hope that Rain knows what he`s doing because he`s surely aware of the fact that he will be heavily criticised.

We can only support him and wish him luck cause he will definitely need it. It`s his decision and we will not change it.

Hope that netizens will not call for beheading him :ph34r:

There`s really no consistency between the press releases and J. Tune announcements.

Bbly: I though you have already given up your hope about J. Tune :P ? This agency will never change.

That is why I feel nervous about this dear! As MS is considered so highly in Korea and the people are very harsh on celebrities as they think the stars are treated special because of their status, this won’t make them happier.

Second half of 2011? Seriously, when does he plan to do it? Towards the end of 2011? And if he asked for a postponement last September which lasts 6 months and if he plans to shoot a movie and do an album, going to the army 2nd half of the year, then he needs to ask for another postponement. I hope Rain knows what he is doing :unsure: !

Dear, don’t be too sad! He should do this MS and get it over as quick as possible!

Regarding a Hollywood movie: is it so wise? I mean let’s say this movie is a huge success (outside of Korea) and Rain is highly in demand after that. Does it make sense when you are gone for 2 years anyway?

Ok, this is now enough! :angry:

What is this now? All the news reported as if Rain said those very word himself, now J. Tune is denying it. Seriously, sometimes I don't want to believe anymore anything. But this is also J. tune's fault. As an "agency" :rolleyes: it would be nice to give the fans clear information and transparancy about Rain and his future. Is this so much to ask? Or is this the way that Korean agencies work in general :unsure: ?

Hi bbly, now, JTune are denying all these : the Hollywood movie & the possible time to enter his MS. Now, what could we expect from RAIN? He was the one who said all these. Then, we just read that he's going to do another album - what's the truth now? Well, 2-movies + an album, why not? I'm sure we enjoy all them hand in hand. But, it's a bit confusing somehow. Maybe, we just have to trust on RAIN. He surely knows what's good for him. Whatever he decides on, he thinks it's good for him, we just have to support it. :sweatingbullets:

*** Another fun poll but please support Fugitve. :lol:

[12-03] Vote Fugitive Plan B for 2010 Korean Drama

http://www.koreandrama.org/?p=5818

Guest justblaqcloud

from all the denying j.tune made, i'm sure he'll play in "Red Scarf", & from the role i can see he'll enlist to air force, & from what i hear this movie got full support from air force & ministry of defense, so i think there's no problem for this movie, & for album plan like what rain said in twitter i guess this gonna be a greatest album with 2 or 3 new song, what's gonna be a problem is his plan if he insist to shoot hollywood movie, i only can pray everything will going smoothly like jihoonie plan..

12.07.10 [Pics] The Cast Enjoys Fanmade Sweets…..Rain looks so studious in his glasses.

by moonrogue@Fugitive625

l1o01.jpg?w=640&h=479

Credit: Tweeted out by @myjanggun (formerly known as rainjtunecamp)

His message: myjanggun 도망자 플랜비 종방연. 수고하셨어요.모두…

These are the sweets from the Korean Clouds you see pictured in the thread by Scorpiola/Kajima.

One more pic

by ratoka @ rain-cloud.co.kr 2010-12-08

11%283%29.jpg

Fugitive Ep. 19 caps

2010-12-04

d68d27c92ec19480f9624242069d3b79.jpg

14dd3a44877d59d03a07e9f21789e36c.jpg

c64c2a221db54755b7f78ab12afc8184.jpg

Source:http://blog.goo.ne.jp/rain-love2/

anjjo, thanks for posting these photos from previous episode. This was a nice & cute scene. This guy looks so dreamy. Looking at RAIN's face I noticed his jawline. I love it! Losing weight brought that out more. ! Personally, I prefer a stronger jaw on men. :lol:

Good luck for whatever his decision will be after this drama. May it be a success!! :lol:

***He seems to have colds again………Wahhhhhh……..so cute looking at him wearing an apron. :sweatingbullets:

[12-08] 10-12-08 Fancam - Rain Bi @ SK Bazaar_Sharing Happiness 2010

credit http://me2day.net/kimhoojin // up ratoka @youtube

My link

[Dec-08-2010] Rain participates in a charity bazaar.

ae_1291790881_-2137179968_0.jpg

Rain, 'Choi Sin Won', and 'Choi Na Yon' (the woman wearing glasses)

(from left)

ae_1291790881_-2136986369_1.jpg

Rain, 'Park Tae Howan', 'Choi Sin Won', and 'Choi Na Yon' (from left)

Singer Rain, swimmer 'Park Tae Howan', the head of SKC group 'Choi Sin Won', and golfer 'Choi Na Yon' are selling Hodduk, a Korean rice snack, at 'the 2010 SK Charity Bazaar To Share Love With The Needy' held under the sponsorship of the company, in an inner-plaza located on the first level of the Yongsan subway station, on Wednesday, December 8th, from 8:30am to 5:00pm.

All the proceeds of the bazaar will be used for winter heating bills for more than 300 low-income families.

credit to Asian Economy http://news.nate.com/view/20101208n18469

“Fugitive: Plan B" to air in Japan in April next year

KBS TV series ""Fugitive: Plan B" will go on air in Japan starting April next year.

CEO Ahn Hyung-soo of the production company of the show told Sports Today over the phone, "It has been decided that the show will begin its air in Japan. Starting April, 'Fugitive' will be broadcasted on So-net, a station affiliated with Sony Group." Ahn added they are currently in talks with other public networks in Japan as well.

In October, the distribution rights to "Fugitive" was sold to seven countries in Asia including Taiwan, the Philippines, Thailand, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia.

“Fugitive: Plan B,” which will end its run tonight, is helmed by noted director Kwak Jung-hwan and written by Chun Sung-il, the creative duo behind the 2010 hit series "The Slave Hunters."

The action-comedy drama, starring Rain, Lee Na-young and Daniel Henney, is about a detective and his female client getting chased by cops and gangs as they get entangled in a case searching for gold that disappeared almost a century ago.

The 20-part series first scored viewership ratings in the 20 percent range when it aired on October 7 and has maintained its position at No. 2 on the Wednesday and Thursday primetime slot with ratings in the 13 to 15 percent range.

Reporter : Kang Geyong-rok rock@

Editor : Lucia Hong luciahong@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010120813275512623

Staff ending party

credit : DC

http://img232.imageshack.us/i/49203010.jpg

http://img192.imageshack.us/i/65901876.jpg

http://img89.imageshack.us/i/allb0.jpg

For the first time I had problems with recognizing Rain;-) At first I thought that it was DH LOL

He looks like cute dork in this glasses and beanie … but tired as hell :(

Our tomboyish LNY;-)

Fugitive Plan B cast & crew

by ratoka 2010-12-08 @rain-cloud.co.kr

credit : cyworld // shelley @ raincloudhk

c1%283%29.jpg

Thanks Anjjo for sharing! Love the first pic;-) He`s such a cutie pie in this hoodie;-)

Yesterday I was thinking that he should be more active on his twitter and take part is some charity event .. and here I have not only English tweets but also pics from Sharing Happiness Bazaar.

Ji Hoon, you cunning fox! You know how to melt my heart.

I hope that this good PR will last FOREVER!!!! :P

I`ve just read that he will participate in SBS festival at the end of the year… It`s like all my dreams are coming true LOL

Willenette: Thanks for the info about JYJ and NR;-)

Rain with The Fugitive Plan B Crew

credit: oldudska@twitter; http://yfrog.com/h0boo0j/// B4 @ DC

Poor Rain. Once again netizents will say that he has huge head :lol:

Q1.jpg

As always we have to wait and see what the future will bring.

Hope that Rain knows what he`s doing because he`s surely aware of the fact that he will be heavily criticised.

We can only support him and wish him luck cause he will definitely need it. It`s his decision and we will not change it.

Hope that netizens will not call for beheading him

There`s really no consistency between the press releases and J. Tune announcements.

Bbly: I though you have already given up your hope about J. Tune ? This agency will never change.

This is what I am asking myself lately: does Rain really know what he is doing? But whatever he will do, we are there for him and we will support him unconditionally!

Hi bbly, now, JTune are denying all these : the Hollywood movie & the possible time to enter his MS. Now, what could we expect from RAIN? He was the one who said all these. Then, we just read that he's going to do another album - what's the truth now? Well, 2-movies + an album, why not? I'm sure we enjoy all them hand in hand. But, it's a bit confusing somehow. Maybe, we just have to trust on RAIN. He surely knows what's good for him. Whatever he decides on, he thinks it's good for him, we just have to support it.

Dear, I don’t know what to believe or not here anymore! Did Rain say those things or not? No idea! J. tune isn’t the most reliable information source either.

12.07.10 [Pics] The Cast Enjoys Fanmade Sweets…..Rain looks so studious in his glasses.

by moonrogue@Fugitive625

Credit: Tweeted out by @myjanggun (formerly known as rainjtunecamp)

His message: myjanggun 도망자 플랜비 종방연. 수고하셨어요.모두…

These are the sweets from the Korean Clouds you see pictured in the thread by Scorpiola/Kajima.

One more pic

by ratoka @ rain-cloud.co.kr 2010-12-08

Rain looks delicious hihihihi in his beanie! So this was a party yesterday (nothing to do with the dinner they had couple of days ago). LNY looks very funny too with her yellow beanie.

Yesterday I was thinking that he should be more active on his twitter and take part is some charity event .. and here I have not only English tweets but also pics from Sharing Happiness Bazaar.

Ji Hoon, you cunning fox! You know how to melt my heart.

I hope that this good PR will last FOREVER!!!! :P

I`ve just read that he will participate in SBS festival at the end of the year… It`s like all my dreams are coming true LOL

Hey, maybe you should say such things more often!!! Then Rain will do it.

I love how Rain looks on the party pictures and here on this picture. He looks really adorable!

Willenette: Thanks for the info about JYJ and NR;-)

Hi Kicia, thanks also for this info - great news! There's something more to look forward to on him. :lol:

Rain Wraps Up "Fugitive Plan B"...What's Next?

e_101207_01.jpg

With only one episode left to air for the KBS Wednesday/Thursday drama "Fugitive Plan B", Rain made an appearance in Yeouido on December 6th to talk about his experience and what's coming up for the world star.

He said, "Although 'Fugitive' didn't rank too high in terms of viewers' ratings, we did have a diehard fan base. It helped me to see a new side of me as a person and I think it was a drama that gradually earned the recognition of viewers. Although ratings are important, I also think the relationships formed between people and bettering yourself as a human being is important. I want to thank the producer Kwak Jeong-hwan for always greeting me with a smile and supporting me despite the various hardships that popped up during this drama. I'm thankful to Lee Na-young too for giving me strength as her opposite male co-star. She told me that if I let the negative personal issues get to me on set, I'm the one that's losing in the end. Overall, this was a project that allowed me to really look back on myself and my actions."

The filming of "Fugitive" took place while there were allegations of gambling and a significant amount of debt for the singer/actor.

As for what lays ahead for the big star Rain revealed, "The timing worked out for me to shoot one more Hollywood movie and then I'll enlist in the military towards the latter half of next year."

Credit : KBS World

http://world.kbs.co.kr/english/entertainment/enter_chart_detail.htm?No=13608

Book on Korean Wave adopted as textbook for universities abroad

magazineyonsama.jpg

Masculinities and Transcultural Consumption [Hong Kong University Press]

A new book on the 'Hallyu,' or Korean Wave, has been adopted as a textbook for universities abroad.

The English book titled “Korean Masculinities and Transcultural Consumption: Yonsama, Rain, Oldboy, K-Pop Idols” was selected as one of the main textbooks for the media classes at Goldsmiths, University of London in England and the University of Melbourne in Australia.

Written by Sun Jung, a research fellow in the School of Communication and Arts at Victoria University, the book explores into several cultural phenomenons revolving around South Korean stars including the Singaporean fandom of singer and actor Rain, the middle-aged Japanese female fandom of actor Bae Young-joon, the Western online cult fandom of thriller pic "Oldboy," as well as the emerging versatile masculinity represented by K-pop idol boy bands.

“This is a highly original, clearly written, and well-argued study that examines how Korean masculinity is being reconstructed through its regional and global circulation as part of the Korean Wave, producing new forms that negotiate local Korean creative energies and regional and international consumer forces,” Professor Chris Berry of film and television studies at Goldsmiths was quoted as saying in a press release by Hong Kong University (HKU) Press that published the book on December 1.

The book, sporting singer and actor Rain on the front cover, is available at various online bookstores.

Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, is arguably one of the most successful Korean stars in the Asia region who has achieved a phenomenal level of success in both singing and acting, paving the way for his acting debut in Hollywood with a supporting role in the Wachowski Brothers' pic "Speed Racer," followed by a lead role in martial arts film "Ninja Assassin."

Bae, 37, is one of the first Korean actors to make a major breakthrough into Japan and the Asia region. He shot to stardom after starring in 2002 hit TV series "Winter Sonata" alongside actress Choi Ji-woo and has since been promoting himself and Korean culture in Asia.

"Oldboy," helmed by critically acclaimed director Park Chan-wook, has received high praises from critics since its release in 2003 and won the Grand Prix at the 2004 Cannes Film Festival.

Starring Korean actor Choi Min-sik, "Oldboy" is about a man who is locked in a hotel room for 15 years without knowing why. He plots revenge upon his release and finds himself trapped in conspiracy, violence and falling in love with an attractive young chef.

Reporter : Heidi Kim heidikim@

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>