Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Guest angelordevil

@Kicia: Hi, long time to see you. Miss you so much.

@bbly: wow, you should take off work to full enjoy the drama

@willenette: sorry for late ah, I will PM you a long message later haha

sory I don't have time to post much. I just want to say,because Rain comes back so I hope a lot of old faces come back too.

@rainVSxiah: I miss your colour comment. Hope you can come back

@Misty: where are you later, can't see you often.

@tyty: ah this time I hope you can forget the unhappy things and stay with our to disscuss film hehe, miss you

@Bamn: you should appear muchhhhhhhhhhh

..........etc....

10-09-27 Fancam - Rain leaving Lotte Hotel after The Fugitive: Plan B Press Con

credit// Fancam by 비탈 @ benamoo // goo blog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELcZacWkWw

<Eng.trans> YTN #1 clip - "The Fugitive Plan B" press conference

rain bird

http://www.rain-eu.com/xe/32931

100927 YTN_Fugitive press conference in Seoul #1 - Lee Jung Jin & Rain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylCr-pUZzQY&feature=player_embedded

'Lee Jung Jin' said about the drama shooting with Rain (Jung Ji Hoon), "I originally looked forward to a romance with an actress, but the most memorable scene for me was Rain's back. It was probably me who saw his back most often throughout the year.

Keeping on running even if I've grown older, I feel much better. At first, I shot more running scenes than speaking scenes."

Q : What's your relationship? Are you rivals?

'Lee Jung Jin' : I guess I should be thinking about it if I make a music album.

Rain (Jung Ji Hoon) : 'Lee Jung Jin' and I are in love with each other (laughing)

I thought 'Jung Jin' hyung (Lee Jung Jin) was my female parter when we started shooting the drama because he and I had to shoot a lot of action and fighting scenes. Unfortunately I was only shooting speaking scenes with my real female partner.

'Lee Jung Jin' : Rain and I touched each other very often because of a lot of action scenes, but I feel great because my female partner is Jung Ji Hoon. (laughing)

credit to mayuron @ rain-cloud

Brief translation by rain bird.

Rain (Bi) picture

credit//DC Gallary

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8132/10092718384e75d2aa5eaba.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

10-09-27 Rain with The Fugitive cast in Macau

source//nate news

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2818/1009271704b9f9986f6f4a8.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi Thu, thanks for posting the photos. I think these 1st 3-pics were taken in the Philippines, the scuba diving scene in Batangas, part of the last filming in the country.

[27-Sep-10][10asiae]Rain says done lifetime's worth of running for "Fugitive"

Asian pop sensation Rain, who is constantly on the run as a fugitive in upcoming TV series "Fugitive Plan B," has said he has had to run so much that he has probably done a lifetime's worth of running.

In the romantic comedy investigative action series about a conspiracy involving a hefty sum of money going missing in times of the Korean War 60 years ago, Rain plays Gee-woo, a private detective at an international secret agency who becomes pegged as the murderer of his own old friend.

"Lee Jung-jin and my relationship is that of a chaser and the chased so we really ran a lot... I've done a lifetime's worth of running," the singer and actor told media outlets during a press conference for the drama held in Seoul on Monday.

He explained, however, that the action sequences were "not too tough to handle" after having received a year's worth of grueling training in Hollywood for Wachowski Brothers' pic "Ninja Assassin" last year which had left him with zero percent body fat.

The downside, he said, was that the show's director Gwak Jeong-hwan of hit drama "The Slave Hunters" fame, was becoming increasingly expectant of their performance.

"He was doubtful of us pulling off the action sequences at first but after we succeeded the first few times, he now thinks we can do anything and so just yesterday, we jumped over a wall three meters high," Rain jokingly complained.

From the start of the press conference, Rain had expressed his excitement over working with Gwak and writer Chun Sung-il, the mastermind duo behind "The Slave Hunters" which he claimed to have been a fan of.

Starring Jang Hyuk, Oh Ji-ho and Lee Da-hae, the show hit viewership ratings of nearly 36 percent during its two-month run from January this year and was lauded by critics for its strong storyline and beautiful scenes produced through the use of a Red One camera.

Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, rose to stardom throughout Asia through his solo singing career in 2002, but has made several solid acting appearances on the small screen as well including "Sang Doo! Let's Go to School" and "Full House."

"Fugitive," a 20-part series featuring a multinational cast of Korean actors Lee Na-young, Daniel Henney, Lee Jung-jin, Kong Hyung-jin, Yoon Son-ha, Hong Kong-'s Ti Lung, China's Josei Ho, and Japanese actors Takenaka Naoto and Uehara Takako, will premiere on September 29 on KBS.

Reporter : Jessica Kim jesskim@

Photographer : Lee Jin-hyuk eleven@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Thu, thanks again for sharing this article from 10Asia. Ye, I noticed that this drama has many running scenes since there's so much chasing & all that.

100927 The Fugitive : PlanB _ Press con [news 4 - 11 ]

credit : ratoka @ YT / rain-cloud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-dCViNeY58

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg1PXSyTgiw

Hi jini, thanks for sharing all these video clips.

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU! Thank you for all the wonderful pictures and clips of the press conference. I don't know where to start: by Rain's "Oh-my-god-can-he-be-more-gorgeous" look, by his truly genuine smile (I have never seen him so happy and in such a good mood for a long time), this whole big family feeling between the cast, especially Rain, LJJ, DH and LNY (she is one beautiful lady and so far she looks great in the drama; I have a lot of expectations from her as well)...it's really wonderful!!

Now 2 more days to go!!! I am thinking of taking September 29 off from work (will talk to my boss tomorrow) in order to watch the 1st episode.

Thank you very much for sharing, willenette!!! Not only you Rain, we too have a very, very, very good feeling about this drama!

Sooner or later, Rain has to leave if we like it or not. :( So the air force thing was a miscommunication. And it is confirmed, that Rain is doing a movie after the drama and high chances of being Red Scarf. :rolleyes: Well, I said my opinion to this one: I trust Rain's choice and decision but I was hoping him doing rather an album now than a movie. And a movie which is a remake and about war/military. :unsure:

Kicia is back!!!!! And a very good timing! Missed you!

I agree with you that each teaser was better than the previous one. But really, the 5th one is just amazing!

And you are totally right in your observation about Rain being different around noonas and hyungs - he seems so much more comfortable and is of course naughtier. And I can't get enough of him and LJJ. Although, he is very cute with LNY and DH as well. Poor LNY was again between Rain and DH and was even asked the question, whom she would pick (for me a very easy answer :D ).

What was the highest rating of King of Baking so far? Maybe it won't be as high as that drama (although you never know, sometimes something just comes at the right time ;) ), but I have no doubt it will have a very good viewer rating. Test for Rain's popularity? Let's just wait and see!

The cast of Domangja in a tv show: that would be really good! And I don't care which show, I just want to see Rain and LJJ being silly and funny together.

Let me ask you, Kicia: who would you choose between LJJ and Rain??

Sorry for my curiosity, dear but what does MIA mean please? blush.gif

Just look at them, looking like a bunch of kids going to a class trip with school! I am also impatient to see all the BTS, Making of and NG later.

Thank you for sharing angel!

Hi bbly, ye, that "air force" thing was miscommunication, at least now, we know..... Well, if it happens that he prefers it, I really don't mind - it's just that when you're stationed there it's a little longer compared to being in army & navy. About his next project before the MS, it's confirmed that he's going to do another movie, he said this. I'm sure you're still excited knowing this though you prefer him to do another album. I'm sure we'll get to hear news about this as day passes by. About the "Baker King" drama, I think the finale' had reached an almost 50% ratings. (stand corrected if I'm wrong here.....) That's why, I've been praying hard that Fugitive will be doing well, rating wise. About your question to Kicia between RAIN & LJJ, I'm sure she'll choose RAIN........if not, Kicia, you're dead - hehehe. Hey, I'm answering in your behalf, dear so you'd better be good to me - don't put me on the spot to choose between Fugitive & Daemul - hahaha. But, we love LJJ, of course! He's so very nice to our man. BTW, dear, MIA is (missing in action...). :lol:

sory I don't have time to post much. I just want to say,because Rain comes back so I hope a lot of old faces come back too.

@tyty: ah this time I hope you can forget the unhappy things and stay with our to disscuss film hehe, miss you

..........etc....

10-09-27 Fancam - Rain leaving Lotte Hotel after The Fugitive: Plan B Press Con

credit// Fancam by 비탈 @ benamoo // goo blog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELcZacWkWw

Thu, will wait for your pm...just take time......About rainVSxiah, ye, I hope she comes back posting again though I saw her online lately. The same thing also with Misty - she seldom post now but so glad to hear from her recently. Oh, tyty, missed her, too. Before I saw her once in a while at the other RAIN's site but lately not anymore. Oh, Bam, I'm sure she'll appear again this week, RAIN's drama is about to start tomorrow so expect her to be here once again. Bam, let yourself appear here, huh? BTW, thanks for sharing this video clip. He changed his attire.... he seems to be in a good mood, I'm happy knowing that he's happy. :lol:

Rain&Yun Son-ha

miyukinini 2010-09-28

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=6836&board_id=b_08042315284443&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

jifuniyunnsoons.JPG

---------------------------

Rain (Bi) with Naoto Takenake

ratoka 2010-09-27

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=6138&board_id=b_08042315221786&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

source : http://plixi.com/p/47459411

1nnnnn.jpg

100927 KBS_News_The Fugitive: Plan B Press Con in Seoul

Credit: KBS // scorpiolabibi1@ youtube

========================================================

sweetcandyraincloud | September 27, 2010

MBLAQ Singing an OST of The Fugitive plan B 도망자 逃亡者

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7boG2E6T2U

[PHOTO] Rain, Lee Na-young at "Fugitive" press conf

2010092717455348454_1.jpg

From left, Korean actress Lee Na-young and singer and actor Rain pose during a photocall of a press conference for upcoming KBS TV series "Fugitive Plan B" held at the Lotte Hotel in Seoul, South Korea on September 27, 2010.

2010092717455348454_2.jpg

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

[PHOTO] "Fugitive" male cast at press conference

2010092717425538558_1.jpg

2010092717425538558_2.jpg

[PHOTO] "Fugitive" female cast at press conference

2010092717395729689_2.jpg

Yoon Son-ha [Lee Jin-hyuk/10Asia]

2010092717395729689_3.jpg

Yoon Jin-seo [Lee Jin-hyuk/10Asia]

[PHOTO] Uehara Takako, Rain at "Fugitive" press conf

2010092717355813158_1.jpg

Can Rain, Kwon restore images?

All eyes will be on Rain and actor Kwon Sang-woo, as they look to rebound from a series of setbacks that made tabloid headlines in previous months, with a pair of highly anticipated television series set to air this and next week.

After a five-year hiatus, Rain will mark his return to the small screen with another KBS series titled “Plan B.”

20100927000858_0.jpg

His last stint on the small screen was in the network’s “A Love to Kill,” in 2005.

Since early July, the singer-actor has been under fire from both fans and the media for alleged fraudulent business practices when the 29-year-old Hallyu star sold off all the shares in his company, J. Tune Entertainment, reportedly hanging investors out to dry.

An investigation by the Seoul Prosecutor’s Office is currently underway at the request of the company’s former investors.

Stacked on top of his financial woes, Rain was soon after accused of dodging mandatory military service by enrolling in a graduate program at a university despite being active in entertainment full-time.

Meanwhile, Kwon will likely have his fingers crossed that the premiere of Rain’s show receives a warm welcome as it will be an accurate gauge of whether the public is willing to forgive and forget.

(skipped unrelated.....)

But like Rain’s program, Kwon’s upcoming series carries with it a cast of big name veteran actors that includes Koh Hyun-jeong playing the first female president of Korea, Cha In-pyo, and Lee Soo-young.

Demands for the 34-year-old actor to step down from the show were hurled by the public since the investigation into the incident has yet to be completed.

Whether the two popular performers will be able to bounce back from such serious setbacks may become a cautionary tale for all up and coming stars and starlets.

By Song Woong-ki (kws@heraldm.com)

Credit : Korea Herald

http://www.koreaherald.com/entertainment/Detail.jsp?newsMLId=20100927000889

Sooner or later, Rain has to leave if we like it or not.

bbly, ye, I know that's why I'm preparing myself now when the time comes.......But, there's a revised plan on military service now : 21 months for the Army, the Navy is 28 months and the Air Force is 30 months. Meaning, RAIN’s MS has been shortened. The Lee Myung-bak administration will gradually shortened the mandatory military service period to 18 months by 2014 yet. Too bad that RAIN will be released during this time already. He's entering next year, 2011 & come out 2013........Argh......... :rolleyes:

[sep-28-2010]Rain comes up with his finest drama to date to meet high public expectations.

2010092712483540508_1.jpg

2010092710044576073_1.jpg

- Focusing on Rain -

Being unveiled, expectations are growing that KBS2TV's new drama 'The Fugitive Plan B' to be on the air every Wednesday and Thursday, will be a big hit.

As 'The Fugitive Plan B' whose true nature was laid bare through a press conference promoting it last 27th, the drama that made its debut generated more publicity than expected.

First of all, 'The Fugitive Plan B' is attracting a lot of interest as world star Rain has made his comeback on the drama. He has concentrated on his singing career and overseas activities for almost 5 years after his dramas, 'Full House' in 2004 and 'Love To Kill' in 2005.

The clips released at the drama premiere on that day showed Rain playing a comic with a smirk in addition to his spectacular action.He has certainly taken a further major step forward. He is not what he was in Full House 5 years ago.

In addition, his actions in the intense cat-and-mouse game scene between 'Lee Jung Jin' and him, including his romance scene which is about give and take with Lee Na Young, brought out his acting even more.

The focus is now on whether this is another success in Rain's drama history, following Full House.

credit to Asia Economy http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=277&aid=0002457007

Star news http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LPOSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=108&aid=0002048962

[teaser #6] Rain (Bi) The Fugitive Plan B teaser #6

ratoka 2010-09-28

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=6152&board_id=b_08042315221786&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

Rain (Bi) The Fugitive Plan B teaser #6

credit//Daum // DC

UP s1planB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udf5UK3Mnz0

[PREVIEW] KBS TV series "Fugitive Plan B"

20100928090616447881.jpg

From left, upcoming KBS TV series "Fugitive Plan B" main cast Rain, Lee Na-young and Daniel Henney pose during a photocall of a press conference for the drama held at the Lotte Hotel in Seoul, South Korea on September 27, 2010. [Lee Jin-hyuk/10Asia]

Gee-woo (played by Jung Ji-hoon), an international investigator who has his smirking eyes hidden behind sunglasses, receives a request by Jini (played by Lee Na-young) one day to seek out Melchidec, a questionable character. Mutual trust is most important in an investigator-client relationship but for a certain reason, the two end up not trusting each other. And as soon as he accepts her request, Gee-woo, accused of killing his own colleague, starts being chased by detective Do-soo (played by Lee Jung-jin).

KBS TV series "Fugitive Plan B" is a drama which is impossible to get a clear idea of. There is no answer to questions; why Jini requested a case to Gee-woo, why she needs Melchidec to be found, why Do-soo so persistently chases after Gee-woo. Like actor Gong Hyung-jin said, "Fugitive" is "a drama with many secrets, with every character having a story hidden within them." But its spectacular size and attractions seen in the drama, such as the action sequences shot for three months throughout Asia including Japan, Beijing, Shanghai, Macao and the Philippines, and the two-shot of Gee-woo and Do-soo, are enough to make the viewer forget such questions.

20100928090616447882.jpg

Scenes from "Fugitive Plan B" [KBS]

"Fugitive" has been receiving heated interest since its planning stages due to the collaboration of director Gwak Jeong-hwan and writer Chun Sung-il who are responsible for creating KBS drama "The Slave Hunters," considered the masterpiece of the first half of 2010, and its cast composed of heavyweights including Jung Ji-hoon, Lee Na-young, Daniel Henney and Lee Jung-jin. "Fugitive," which based on action integrates various genres including romance, as seen through the love triangle amongst Jung Ji-hoon, Lee Na-young and Daniel Henney, and the mystery surrounding a gold bar discovered for the first time in 60 years, is like director Gwak says, "A very different genre from 'The Slave Hunters' and a drama with a different atmosphere." But apart from the fact that the show is set in a different time period, the fate of the main characters who chase and are chased, are no different from "The Slave Hunters." Regarding this, Gwak explained he "focused on action to show a new form of fun which is usually not seen in dramas." Hence, with Jung Ji-hoon who said the action sequences "were not too tough to handle" because he had trained in the United States for a year for film "Ninja Assassin" and Lee Na-young whom Gwak praised as "the first Korean actress to pull off such action sequences without a double," is expected to make the splendid action stand out furthermore.

More than anything, "Fugitive" will be starting ahead of the race for the sheer fact that it has been handed the baton from "Bread, Love and Dreams" which ended its run with viewership ratings of over 50 percent. On top of this, if it succeeds with its strategy of slowly revealing each character's secret while showing plenty of action scenes, director Gwak's hope of "Fugitive" becoming "more fun than SBS 'Athena,' dubbed the second season of 'IRIS," may become reality. Even with the story and imagery set aside, the fact that Jung Ji-hoon, Daniel Henney and Lee Jung-jin will be in one scene seems a good enough reason to watch the first episode. The show premieres on KBS2-TV on Wednesday at 9:55 P.M.

Reporter : Lee Ga-on

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

(Eng Trans) "The Fugitive : Plan B" teaser # 6 - TV Daily clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udf5UK3Mnz0&feature=player_embedded

~0:08

Are you sure to have your revenge?

0:08~0:15

Jinny (Lee Na Young) : They killed my grandparents, real parents, and my foster parents. An now they are trying to kill me.

0:29~0:38

Jinny : I can't live like this any longer because someone has killed everyone in my family.

1:07~1:08

Actor A : I'll ruin Gee Woo's life. (Gee Woo is Rain's character's name in the drama)

1:15

Doo Soo (Lee Jung Jin) : This is 'Doo Soo' who works at the section of foreign of the Korean police headquarters. You (Gee Woo) are wanted by the police for murder.

2:40

Gee Woo (Rain) : OUCH! That jerk by the name of Do !

3:00

Jinny : Have you ever believed everything that someone has?

Gee Woo : My job is to doubt about everything.

3:08

Gee Woo : Let's not deceive each other.

Jinny : That's exactly what I want to say.

3:13

Gee Woo : You said you stopped loving.

Jinny : I never said “I won't have a shower” to you.

Gee Woo : Everyone says shower before love is considered a "rite of passage"

3:19

Jinny : Can this be a loving relationship?

3:24

Gee Woo : I think someone is following behind us.

Jinny : Who?

Gee Woo : I guess I misheard?

3:30

Jinny : If you keep doing like that, you’ll be killed by me.

3:38

Gee Woo : I've come to your rescue. Let's wash our hands from this situation.

3:52~3:57

Jinny : You're blocking my view !

Gee Woo : Don't talk back and do as you're told!

Jinny : Take your buttock off me!

4:13

Gee Woo : Why're you here?

4:56~

Jinny : I will just have to take things as they come. right?

Gee Woo : Of course.

Jinny : Tell me another!

Gee Woo : We only need to ask to be excused.

(His voice is indistinct because of the background music, so it may not be a proper translation : rain bird)

credit to S1planB

*** Wahhhhh.........count down to just 1-day.....Fugitive here it comes....... :sweatingbullets:

RAIN ran rigorously

20100927_runaway11_seoulbeats.jpg

Try saying that five times fast….GO!

New drama, “The Fugitive: Plan B”, is slating for debut in a couple days and with that comes a very good-looking press conference. Fugitive’s main lead, Rain, stated that he and his fellow costars did a lifetime’s worth of running for the drama. He also said there is a lot of pressure for this drama since it came from the directing/writing team of “Chuno” (Kwak Jung Hwan and Chun Sung Il respectively).

For the conference, Japanese Clouds donated in 380kg (that’s about 840lbs) of rice asking the Fugitive team to pass it on to the needy. I have nothing against fans who bring meals to film sets for the cast and crew, but this was just great on the Japanese fans’ part.

20100927_runaway9_seoulbeats-150x150.jpg20100927_runaway_seoulbeats-150x150.jpg20100927_runaway2_seoulbeats-150x150.jpg

cr: Newsen, 1oasia, Yonhap, seoulbeats

Rain's New TV Series Set to Premiere in Korea

By JONATHAN M. HICAP

September 28, 2010, 4:17pm

fug.jpg

Rain and the cast of “Fugitive: Plan B” (Photo courtesy of KBS)

Asian pop star Rain’s comeback TV series “Fugitive: Plan B,” filmed partly in the Philippines, will premiere on Korea’s KBS TV station on September 29, much to the anticipation of singer-actor’s fans.

Rain held a press conference for the drama together with his co-stars Lee Na-young, Daniel Henney and Lee Jung Jin last September 27 in Seoul.

Rain said he enjoyed filming the romantic comedy-action drama and that he didn’t find it hard to do the action scenes.

“Fugitive: Plan B” also features an international cast including Hong Kong actor Ti Lung, Japanese actors Naoto Takenaka and Uehara Takako and Chinese actress Josie Ho.

The 20-episode TV series tells the story of Ji Woo (played by Rain), a private investigator who is hired by Jin-Yi (played by Lee Na-young) to find a person she thinks killed her foster parents.

Their pursuit for the truth takes Rain and Lee Na-young to the Philippines, Japan, China, Macau and Hong Kong.

It’s been five years since Rain made his last drama series.

Rain’s popularity as an actor in South Korea increased when he appeared in the hit romantic comedy “Full House” alongside actress Song Hye Kyo. The series also became very popular in the Philippines and other Asian countries.

“Fugitive: Plan B” is one of the projects Rain has done before his military service.

During the presscon, Rain said he might enlist in the military next year, which is mandatory for all Korean males. After the TV series, Rain will also be doing a movie.

Source:Manila Bulletin Entertainment News (http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/279461/rains-new-tv-series-set-premiere-korea)

Rain's New TV Series Set to Premiere in Korea

By JONATHAN M. HICAP

September 28, 2010, 4:17pm

http://www.mb.com.ph/sites/default/files/fug.jpg

Rain and the cast of “Fugitive: Plan B” (Photo courtesy of KBS)

Asian pop star Rain’s comeback TV series “Fugitive: Plan B,” filmed partly in the Philippines, will premiere on Korea’s KBS TV station on September 29, much to the anticipation of singer-actor’s fans.

Rain held a press conference for the drama together with his co-stars Lee Na-young, Daniel Henney and Lee Jung Jin last September 27 in Seoul.

Rain said he enjoyed filming the romantic comedy-action drama and that he didn’t find it hard to do the action scenes.

“Fugitive: Plan B” also features an international cast including Hong Kong actor Ti Lung, Japanese actors Naoto Takenaka and Uehara Takako and Chinese actress Josie Ho.

The 20-episode TV series tells the story of Ji Woo (played by Rain), a private investigator who is hired by Jin-Yi (played by Lee Na-young) to find a person she thinks killed her foster parents.

Their pursuit for the truth takes Rain and Lee Na-young to the Philippines, Japan, China, Macau and Hong Kong.

It’s been five years since Rain made his last drama series.

Rain’s popularity as an actor in South Korea increased when he appeared in the hit romantic comedy “Full House” alongside actress Song Hye Kyo. The series also became very popular in the Philippines and other Asian countries.

“Fugitive: Plan B” is one of the projects Rain has done before his military service.

During the presscon, Rain said he might enlist in the military next year, which is mandatory for all Korean males. After the TV series, Rain will also be doing a movie.

Source:Manila Bulletin Entertainment News (http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/279461/rains-new-tv-series-set-premiere-korea)

anjjo, thanks for sharing this article. I'm happy knowing that although RAIN is no longer in the Philippines we still get to read some write-ups about him. I'm sure aside from the story & the cast this drama is garnering viewers attention & is highly-anticipated because it was shot in different places across Asia like Shanghai, Tokyo, Osaka, Yokohama, Macau, Beijing and The Philippines. :lol:

September 28, 2010

'Runaway' to bring stars, style and spies

100928_p14_runaway.jpg

The poster for the upcoming drama ``Runaway.''

By Han Sang-hee

Spies, in sleek black suits, plotting revenge and, of course, tangled up in a love triangle — add in some of the hottest actors in the local entertainment industry, and you have yourself the highly anticipated drama “Runaway.”

Singer and actor Rain, commercial princess Lee Na-young and Hollywood blue chip Daniel Henney may be enough to explain why the press and fans have been in a frenzy about this series long before its airing, but wait, spies? Again?

The lovely cast

Indeed, the 20-episode soap has an impressive cast, but will it be able to live up to the hyped expectations?

At first glance, or at least in the first scenes shown during a press event, it seemed a bit familiar, not so unique.

Rain’s character Ji-woo is a detective, working for clients aiming for targets all around the world, but is faced with a dilemma. The attractive Jinny, played by Lee, approaches Ji-woo and asks him to find an unknown man but Ji-woo senses that there is a catch.

Just as he convinces himself that this case should not be carried out, Jinny tells him that if he agrees to work for her, she will reveal the killer who murdered his friend and fellow detective Kevin. Things get complicated when Ji-woo gets framed as Kevin’s murderer and is chased by an unknown group, and the two inevitably join hands to save each other.

“Compared to love stories, it’s true that action dramas require more physical challenges,” said producer Kwak Jeong-hwan, who created the hit drama “Slave Hunters,” at a press conference at Lotte Hotel, central Seoul, Monday. “We are striving to bring something new to the table and this is exactly why our drama will be different,” he said.

Just like the slave chase shown in the series “Slave Hunters,” characters in “Runaway” run. And oh, do they run: they run through the streets of Seoul, Japan, China, Macao and Hong Kong, on rooftops, on bridges and even inside buildings.

“I’ve worked on an action film in the United States, so I didn’t have such a hard time in (the fighting scenes), but the running? I think I ran all the miles I would have run till my death,” Rain said laughing.

Hard as he may have worked on the chase scenes; a slight chuckle was inevitable when Rain, with his white shirt opened to the waist, walked slowly towards the camera, removed his sunglasses with his suave fingers with a car exploding in the backdrop, just like a scene from one of his music videos.

The description of Rain’s character Ji-woo in the press release portrays him as a Korean version of James Bond: a “private investigations administrator,” one night romances, a sweet yet charismatic smile and a keen eye for tracking targets.

Jinny, on the other hand, is a woman of secrets, tracking Ji-woo yet keeping a distance.

“She’s the only character who has a big scar on her heart, yet she’s very active and is willing to fight for what she believes in,” said Lee, adding that she has been dreaming to play such a tough role.

Her one and only lover Kai “represents Korean men,” according to Henney.

“He’s very similar to Korean young businessmen: having to choose between business and love. I respect Kai because while men would choose one of them, he tries to go for both. This may be a bit greedy, but in a good way,” he said with a smile.

Along with the Korean cast, two famous Japanese actors will also make special appearances: Uehara Takako as Keiko, Ji-woo’s secret love interest, and Takenaka Naoto as Hiroki, Keiko’s father.

A chaser?

It has been a few weeks since Rain was scrutinized by minority shareholders and the public for his selling off of his agency’s shares, and also rumors about him leaving for the military, and perhaps fearing any related questions or further speculation, the press conference was held solely by the broadcaster, with only a couple of questions allowed to the singer/actor.

When asked about his plans regarding his military service, Rain nodded firmly, as if he was prepared for such a question.

“I will complete my military service next year,” he said, adding that rumors of him joining the air force probably came from plans for making a movie based on it.

After the drama, Rain is planning to star in the film “Pilot Project” (working title), a remake of the 1964 film “Red Scarves.”

Along with “Runaway,” another spy television series is expected to hit the small screen soon. “ATHENA,” a spin-off of the popular drama “IRIS,” will start airing in December.

“To be completely honest, I have to say it’s been quite a worry. I’m curious about what viewers will say when comparing the two, but I think the two series will be very different. I think (“Runaway”) will be more comical and also be able to satisfy a wider range of viewers,” the producer said.

Following the popular “Bread, Love and Dreams” which got over 40 percent in viewers ratings, “Runaway” may get a head start, but fans will have to wait and see if it will outrun other series and films that have dealt with the spy-love triangle plot before. The new soap starts airing tonight at 9:55 p.m. on KBS.

sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

Credit : Korea Times

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2010/09/201_73620.html

Kicia, wahhh..........you've been MIA here (on this thread...) for quite a while. I've seen & read your post at the other thread & saw you online once in a while in the other site (you know where it is...). I missed you, dear! I missed your post! About anjjo, hehehe - you could always rely on her when it comes to posting pictures... so many pics - give that to her. Dear, you're trying to remind me again how I could make myself 2 or dual just to watch Fugitive & Daemul at the same time later....How could I really do this , dear, huh? It's really my dilemma. About subs for this drama, I agree with you - mysoju is the best for me. BTW, the artworks above has been posted here already........wahhh.......but, it's fine, dear. We should get to smile & laugh out loud once in a while! And RAIN will always be my no. 1. :lol:

Yeah MIA. When I have to focus my mind on work I only lurked the threads and Rain`s forums;-) To tell the truth I hate writing in English :vicx:

My English is a bit rusty and I can`t find time to repeat some grammar. It takes too much time for me to write something logical LOL

You have seen my post on SMA thread? What do you think about her latest role?

You are in dilemma about Fugive and Daemul? I think that Koreans will have the same problem. I`m a little bit worried because of ratings… Almost every work of Ko Hyun Jung is a big success… How does she do it :huh: ???

So those artworks were posted already??? Age is a heavy burden… My memory is playing tricks on me… Hope that only you noticed it….

What was the highest rating of King of Baking so far? Maybe it won't be as high as that drama (although you never know, sometimes something just comes at the right time ;) ), but I have no doubt it will have a very good viewer rating. Test for Rain's popularity? Let's just wait and see!

The cast of Domangja in a tv show: that would be really good! And I don't care which show, I just want to see Rain and LJJ being silly and funny together.

Let me ask you, Kicia: who would you choose between LJJ and Rain??

Sorry for my curiosity, dear but what does MIA mean please? blush.gif

Hi bbly, ye, that "air force" thing was miscommunication, at least now, we know..... Well, if it happens that he prefers it, I really don't mind - it's just that when you're stationed there it's a little longer compared to being in army & navy. About his next project before the MS, it's confirmed that he's going to do another movie, he said this. I'm sure you're still excited knowing this though you prefer him to do another album. I'm sure we'll get to hear news about this as day passes by. About the "Baker King" drama, I think the finale' had reached an almost 50% ratings. (stand corrected if I'm wrong here.....) That's why, I've been praying hard that Fugitive will be doing well, rating wise. About your question to Kicia between RAIN & LJJ, I'm sure she'll choose RAIN........if not, Kicia, you're dead - hehehe. Hey, I'm answering in your behalf, dear so you'd better be good to me - don't put me on the spot to choose between Fugitive & Daemul - hahaha. But, we love LJJ, of course! He's so very nice to our man. BTW, dear, MIA is (missing in action...). :lol:

I think I`m dead :ph34r:

Marriage wise I would choose LJJ;-) He`s handsome, responsible, fit, a little bit reserved, talented, witty, already served his MS, there`s no large (and crazy) fandom around him… So many advantages!!!!

Kidding aside Rain is always our nr 1.

Baker King: Willenette is right – it`s final episode was even above 50%. Although average rating was around 38%. It has a status of national drama (as it exceeded 40%).

Javabeans (dramabeans.com) once made a nice chart:

below 5% = disaster

5% – 10% = poor, disappointing, or mania

10% – 15% = safe

15% – 20% = strong

20% – 30% = a hit

30% – 40% = phenomenal

40% and up = national drama

As for I would be pleased if Fugitive had a status of a hit drama (like Chuno or Iris). Of course I will be not complaining if the ratings will be higher. The pressure on all cast is surely high. Everyone expects something amazing. What`s more as it`s an expensive project it should have high ratings because otherwise KBS will make a loss.

Recently I don`t watch dramas on mysoju as they were slower with updates compared to dramacrazy.net.

BTW: willenette:

I was seriously surprised to hear that in the PH Korean dramas are aired with dubbing. Isn`t it irritating? Are you able to get used to this dubbed voices (especially when it comes to Ji Hoon)

:blink: ???? I`m shocked cause in my country only movies for children are dubbed. Movies targeted for adults are with subtitles. Series aired on telly are on the other hand with a Polish reader so you can clearly hear the original voices of the actors. We consider actor`s voice as one of the most important part of actual acting, which just can not disappear because of dubbing. Wahhh I`m really shocked :blink:

..........etc....

Angel: much hugs!!!!

Hope that all of them will join us!!!

We have to bicker a lot watching Fugitive!!!!

Guest angelordevil

I think people still remember a minifanmeeting which was held last May.

Here the engsub all fanmeeting.

Special thanks rainbar, they have china sub in it and huhuhuhu for translating it for us

Because I can't find the raw version so I use China version to engsub, sory if it make you feel not comfortable to enjoy it

100529 mini fanmeeting12 Eng Sub

12751381582010052922030.jpg

China source: rainbar

Eng trans: huhuhuhu@raincloudhk

timer, typeset: angelordevil@RVN

encoder: dream_come_true@RVN

100529 mini fanmeeting12 Eng Sub.avi.001

http://www.mediafire.com/?96x5ogfqp0tvsvc

100529 mini fanmeeting12 Eng Sub.avi.002

http://www.mediafire.com/?ttuwfzmbdm3ox42

Please donwload all and use Hjspilt to join them