Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

[Translation] Femina 10-08-03 Article on Rain

huhuhuhu 2010-08-05

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=5513&board_id=b_08042315221786&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

Source : http://www.femina.com.cn/relationobjs/home/rainmcm

English translation by: huhuhuhu@raincloudhk.com

RAIN SHINES ON SHANGHAI

Rain’s crazy transit over the Bund

10080514090248084495d62775.jpg

Love Sichuan food, but love bulgogi (Korean style grilled beef) more

At 5 pm on 24 July, Rain appeared in Shanghai, surrounded by his manager, assistant, stylist, security men. Sun glasses, shirt, shorts, MCM backpack, he was relaxed and casual, but he had style! It was dinner time then. Considering the “heavy taste buds” of the Koreans, Rain’s first meal was arranged at “South Beauty” (huhuhuhu note: a restaurant famous for Sichuan cuisine). Rain must be very used to Kimchi, the spicy cuisine was nothing to him. He was not picky in his food, and he seemed to have good appetite. He tried all the dishes – hot boiled fish, beef on the rock, saliva chicken… Although he was a super star, Rain was very considerate and attentive to the people around him. He often got food for others. To Femina, we felt that Rain was actually too considerate. On the following two days, although he wanted to taste the delicious Shanghai cuisine, his staff suggested they want Korean food. OK, the good tempered Rain took the team to a Korean restaurant the next night. Rain told Femina privately later on: Chinese food was delicious, but he missed the taste of bulgogi.

1008051409199bde7334a4467a.jpg

Style and Grandeur

Rain’s fans got hold of his whereabouts without missing one detail. From the moment Rain left the airport, there were fans following his car all the way to the hotel. When we arrived at the Peninsula, Femina noticed that dozens of fans were waiting at the hotel entrance already. We were impressed by their devotion. Impressive the fans might be, nobody could be compared to Rain. The shooting was done on the 9/F Presidential Suite of the Peninsula Hotel. (Later we changed to the Palace Suite). From here we could have the full view of the Bund, a first class scenery spot! When we pushed the door and looked inside, the room was full of people – over 20. Femina had participated in shootings of many stars before, so we were old hands, but we were still shocked by the style and the grandeur. The suite was extravagant, it even had a gym. Femina wanted to take pictures but was stopped by the security man in black. We looked around. There were 5 or 6 staff, and there were two bodyguards around Rain all the time. We heard that Rain had brought almost 10 bodyguards with him. Femina wondered if they had all hidden themselves amongst the crowd!

Great Muscles, First Class Body

The theme of the video clip was Rain enjoying his holiday in a hotel. He wore five different kinds of clothing styles by MCM, and there were many types of bags. All these products will be released in the second half of the year. It was obvious that Rain liked the MCM new lines. During the shooting Rain also showed interest in a long telescope and played with it for a while. He even used it to look at the scenery outside. Rain was a muscular man and he was strong. He was also very tall, and his small face was a big contrast to his body. When he walked, his back was very straight – it was obvious that he had dancing training. When he came out from the dressing room wearing a black suit, Femina was dazed by his muscular body. We were used to his muscular upper body. What’s amazing was the trousers also showed his lines very well. Gosh, who could wear a pair of trousers like that? Femina heard that Rain’s body was all muscle, no fat. Looked like this was true. He was a perfect model with his good body and he carried style. Whether he wore a woolen sweater, or a leather wind breaker, or just a shirt, he could bring out the different feels, and you have to cheer for him.

10080514099e8d910cdff0de4a.jpg

Injured, but continue to fight

In the eyes of many people, Rain was such a superstar that he must be difficult to “handle”. For example he would be late. For example he might have a lot of demands…. The staff of were prepared for these. However, at 12 noon on 25 July Rain arrived punctually. Everyone was relieved. Make up and styling only took one hour – that must be the advantage of being a “natural beauty”. Shooting started. Rain was very professional. He was great in every pose, sometimes sexy, sometimes mature. Femina was totally dazzled.

He communicated with the photographer in English. Photographer Mei said, “Rain could express all the feelings I want him to show”. Rain was very confident in front of the camera. His confidence could be seen in that unlike some other stars, he didn’t even need to check the shots he had just taken. At about 3 pm, Rain had to take a series of shots on the roof top. The wind was very strong and he was blown back and forth. He couldn’t even open his eyes. After fighting with the strong wind for a while, Rain had to go inside the room to put on his sunglasses. His expression was “this time we must make it” and shooting started again. Unfortunately the wind was too strong. His hair was disheveled, he couldn’t even stand properly. We all went inside. Rain seemed somewhat lost.

Rain finally looked a bit tired after working for a couple of hours. His small eyes seemed to say “I need some rest”, and he got quieter. When he was tired, Rain would play some games on his mobile, quietly adjusting his moods. Femina learned later that during the shooting of the drama, Rain had injured his leg. We were not sure if this was the reason why Rain looked “cool”, and didn’t smile much.

10080514095227323f8f97ace0.jpg

how off Chinese. I dare say it even I’m not good at it

Other than Korean, Rain knows English and some Japanese. Femina had not witnessed Rain’s Chinese yet. Rain changed to another style. He looked so handsome, his poses were great. Femina couldn’t help but cheered “Very Good” in Chinese. Rain heard this and asked the translator for its meaning. When he knew what it meant he laughed like a little kid, and gave us a thumbs up. He was in a high mood and showed many different poses – looking outside the window, looking at the camera, bowing down… At the end he used his rather raw Chinese to say “Very good, very good”… We all laughed as soon as he said the words.

Rain would always say “thank you” in Chinese when people offered him tea or drinks. He was very polite and cordial. We thought Rain would take the opportunity to walk around Shanghai after the shooting, but actually Rain didn’t go anywhere. He went back to the hotel as soon as the filming was over. In fact, other than work and meals, Rain hardly left his hotel room. Rain, you are such a home bird!

100805140922f3e8ec0dab5a49.jpg

Guest ~*pepper*~

:wub: all those photos of him are so beautiful~

Bi is so photogenic, and no trace of fatigue in the photos despite his heavy schedule.

^^, aja aja~

from the video posted by angeldevil : Fancam - Rain @ Japan Centrair International Airpot_leaving to Shanghai

it really captures Bi in his real self...somehow i felt he's still so young, just a guy talking on the phone leisurely, but his persona changes into a professional once he steps into the airport. he's really admirable ^^

huhuhuhu 2010-08-05

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=5513&board_id=b_08042315221786&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

RAIN SHINES ON SHANGHAI

Rain’s crazy transit over the Bund

10080514090248084495d62775.jpg

Love Sichuan food, but love bulgogi (Korean style grilled beef) more

At 5 pm on 24 July, Rain appeared in Shanghai, surrounded by his manager, assistant, stylist, security men. Sun glasses, shirt, shorts, MCM backpack, he was relaxed and casual, but he had style! It was dinner time then. Considering the “heavy taste buds” of the Koreans, Rain’s first meal was arranged at “South Beauty” (huhuhuhu note: a restaurant famous for Sichuan cuisine). Rain must be very used to Kimchi, the spicy cuisine was nothing to him. He was not picky in his food, and he seemed to have good appetite. He tried all the dishes – hot boiled fish, beef on the rock, saliva chicken… Although he was a super star, Rain was very considerate and attentive to the people around him. He often got food for others. To Femina, we felt that Rain was actually too considerate. On the following two days, although he wanted to taste the delicious Shanghai cuisine, his staff suggested they want Korean food. OK, the good tempered Rain took the team to a Korean restaurant the next night. Rain told Femina privately later on: Chinese food was delicious, but he missed the taste of bulgogi.

1008051409199bde7334a4467a.jpg

Great Muscles, First Class Body

The theme of the video clip was Rain enjoying his holiday in a hotel. He wore five different kinds of clothing styles by MCM, and there were many types of bags. All these products will be released in the second half of the year. It was obvious that Rain liked the MCM new lines. During the shooting Rain also showed interest in a long telescope and played with it for a while. He even used it to look at the scenery outside. Rain was a muscular man and he was strong. He was also very tall, and his small face was a big contrast to his body. When he walked, his back was very straight – it was obvious that he had dancing training. When he came out from the dressing room wearing a black suit, Femina was dazed by his muscular body. We were used to his muscular upper body. What’s amazing was the trousers also showed his lines very well. Gosh, who could wear a pair of trousers like that? Femina heard that Rain’s body was all muscle, no fat. Looked like this was true. He was a perfect model with his good body and he carried style. Whether he wore a woolen sweater, or a leather wind breaker, or just a shirt, he could bring out the different feels, and you have to cheer for him.

10080514099e8d910cdff0de4a.jpg

Injured, but continue to fight

He communicated with the photographer in English. Photographer Mei said, “Rain could express all the feelings I want him to show”. Rain was very confident in front of the camera. His confidence could be seen in that unlike some other stars, he didn’t even need to check the shots he had just taken. At about 3 pm, Rain had to take a series of shots on the roof top. The wind was very strong and he was blown back and forth. He couldn’t even open his eyes. After fighting with the strong wind for a while, Rain had to go inside the room to put on his sunglasses. His expression was “this time we must make it” and shooting started again. Unfortunately the wind was too strong. His hair was disheveled, he couldn’t even stand properly. We all went inside. Rain seemed somewhat lost.

anjjo, thanks for sharing this. We all know that he's very considerate to those people around him - we've seen several times how he get food for his asst. We see that he's got this sexy & HOT abs & body - Those who have seen him in person know how tall he is! That's why, I find so funny about this "height issue", those photos floating around the net. Seriously, wondering why that photo unfortunately became a huge issue. Papers were accusing him of lying about his height…… taller in paper but seemed shorter in photos….silly. That’s why Clouds had to defend RAIN. They started digging up photos to prove that Rain was indeed 185 cm tall. Now, does it matter? The fact is: he’s still a tall guy. Oh, well, deal with it. If he’s shorter people didn’t adore him because of his height but for who HE IS! Who cares? Poor RAIN – anything about him is a major controversy. What he does as well is up for debate. I hope people could leave him alone once in a while?.......And about his communicating in English - I feel happy knowing this. I hope he won't stop learning for this language. I want to see him speak this fluently in the future. :lol:

Guest angelordevil

10-08-05 Beijing Front Line Report

Credits to Baidu Rain Bar fans

09.17. Today was probably closed filming, so we didn't follow our prince. He came out just now, wearing a black top. I said to him in Korean: "Obba, you are very handsome." Not sure if he's happy or not, but we waved to us.

10.06. Some clouds followd our prince to a factory, but they were not allowed to enter as it was closed shooting.

10.33. Some clouds managed to get in thanks to a kind uncle. Our prince passed by. He was 2 meters away from the fans.

11.50. It had been shooting the whole morning. There were a few car chasing scenes. Looked like they will film in our company for 4 days.

12.42. Some fans saw our prince. Black round neck top, plaid shorts, flip flops, sunglasses, a meter away from the fan. He took off his top. Beautiful muscles.

12.51. Now they were having lunch - lunch boxes. A fan showed our prince and the other actors to the washroom and gave them coffee.

17.06. Our prince sat there waiting for his role. He seemed relaxed, talked and joked with Lee Jung Jun and his assistant. His assistant got water for him from the cooler, but there wasn't much left. He called out loud "It's OK" or something liked that. He seemed to be in good mood.

He might be bored while waiting so he called Lee Jung Jun and showed him a series of Chinese kung fu movements. Very smart, proper actions! Fans even joked amongst themselves: if something happened, probably our prince would fight better than his security men.

He was totally serious, totally dedicated, totally enjoying his work. Nobody would want to disturb him. Too beautiful!

Filming finished at about 4 pm. Our prince literally RAN back to his van as soon as filming was over.

@bbly: KHC went to Beijing for shooting a drama

I think they meet together by a chance

By the way, do you want to watch the movie which Rain watched in Agust 3th???

Oh angel, you are just too good to be true. I wanted to ask yesterday what this movie is that Rain watched but I forgot it. And here you are luckily asking me this question. I would love to know what kind of movie it is. Chinese?

huhuhuhu 2010-08-05

Thank you so much for sharing angel and a big thank you to huhuhuhu for translating! Femina staff seems to be in total awe for Rain but who can blame them. He is one of a kind and totally draws you in with his aura and charisma.

[08-05] More Rain @ ELLE magazine picture

From//raincloudhk, ratoka

I can't wait for this issue (it was September right?) to be released, I need to get a copy.

[08-05] More Rain @ ELLE magazine picture

From//raincloudhk, ratoka

EllemagChina21.jpg

EllemagChina15.jpg

EllemagChina1.jpg

EllemagChina2.jpg

Thanks willenette for posting and sharing the pics :D , let me add

More Rain @ ELLE magazine picture

ratoka 2010-08-05

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=5515&board_id=b_08042315221786&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

4%2810%29.JPG

5%288%29.JPG

6%287%29.JPG

7%286%29.JPG

8%285%29.JPG

9%284%29.JPG

10%283%29.JPG

11%285%29.JPG

12%285%29.JPG

13%284%29.JPG

14%283%29.JPG

16%282%29.JPG

17%282%29.JPG

18%281%29.JPG

19.JPG

20.JPG

Guest angelordevil

Oh angel, you are just too good to be true. I wanted to ask yesterday what this movie is that Rain watched but I forgot it. And here you are luckily asking me this question. I would love to know what kind of movie it is. Chinese?

It's a Chinese movie " Aftershock"

you can find more info about it by this link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aftershock_(film)

Thanks anjo and willentte for sharing pics.

They are so gerious

ratoka 2010-08-05

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=5515&board_id=b_08042315221786&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/pds/board/201008/4%2810%29.JPG

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/pds/board/201008/5%288%29.JPG

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/pds/board/201008/6%287%29.JPG

Hi anjjo, thanks also for posting more photos. Hehehe - I'm waiting this from you, I know & sure you'd add these pics here. I could always count on you when it comes to posting many pics here, dear! :sweatingbullets:

It's a Chinese movie " Aftershock"

you can find more info about it by this link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aftershock_(film)

Thanks anjo and willentte for sharing pics.

They are so gerious

Hi Thu, thanks for sharing the link. This looks a very nice movie. I hope this will be released here also in our side......with Eng subs of course! :lol:

Thank you so much for sharing angel and a big thank you to huhuhuhu for translating! Femina staff seems to be in total awe for Rain but who can blame them. He is one of a kind and totally draws you in with his aura and charisma.

I can't wait for this issue (it was September right?) to be released, I need to get a copy.

Hi bbly, got you here - hehehe - it was anjjo who shared this Femina mag article....... About Elle China, ye, issue to be released next month. :lol:

10-08-05 Beijing Front Line Report

Credits to Baidu Rain Bar fans

09.17. Today was probably closed filming, so we didn't follow our prince. He came out just now, wearing a black top. I said to him in Korean: "Obba, you are very handsome." Not sure if he's happy or not, but we waved to us.

10.06. Some clouds followd our prince to a factory, but they were not allowed to enter as it was closed shooting.

10.33. Some clouds managed to get in thanks to a kind uncle. Our prince passed by. He was 2 meters away from the fans.

11.50. It had been shooting the whole morning. There were a few car chasing scenes. Looked like they will film in our company for 4 days.

12.42. Some fans saw our prince. Black round neck top, plaid shorts, flip flops, sunglasses, a meter away from the fan. He took off his top. Beautiful muscles.

12.51. Now they were having lunch - lunch boxes. A fan showed our prince and the other actors to the washroom and gave them coffee.

17.06. Our prince sat there waiting for his role. He seemed relaxed, talked and joked with Lee Jung Jun and his assistant. His assistant got water for him from the cooler, but there wasn't much left. He called out loud "It's OK" or something liked that. He seemed to be in good mood.

He might be bored while waiting so he called Lee Jung Jun and showed him a series of Chinese kung fu movements. Very smart, proper actions! Fans even joked amongst themselves: if something happened, probably our prince would fight better than his security men.

He was totally serious, totally dedicated, totally enjoying his work. Nobody would want to disturb him. Too beautiful!

Filming finished at about 4 pm. Our prince literally RAN back to his van as soon as filming was over.

Thu, thanks again for sharing another filming update. I'm so happy every time I read about the 2 of them with LJJ..... It feels good knowing that they become closer & closer as the filming progresses. :lol:

Guest angelordevil

@bbly and willenette

I have link download it with Engsub

If both of you want, I can post them for you

I heard that it's a good movie :rolleyes:

*** Wooottt.......he's been an endorser for SK Telecom for many years now & I could say that SK is in good hands. I'm happy to hear this news that sales of the 1st 100T phones are sold out. I find that CF very cute, all the versions of this ad. I’m just here to support him always.Good job, RAIN! Way to go.......... I hope there will be more contracts from SK. So happy for him. :lol:

[Aug-06-2010] SK's W phone products using Rain as its ad character becomes word-of-mouth best-model.

N2010080514025979301.jpg

Rain expressed the concept of SK's W phone new product even in its 'Aura Phone' ad through his passionate dance performance after its 'Rain Phone' ad released last May.

In 'Rain Phone ad, Rain's refined and charismatic manly beauty was appealing to customers, while in 'Aura Phone', the distinctions of the product itself in design and of the trend called the star instinct to want to stand out were characterized.

W phone 'Rain Phones' accentuating his manly looks were totally sold out. Earlier, its first 100,000 products were sold, being a word of mouth phenomenon.

credit to Economy Today http://news.nate.com/view/20100805n11668

Brief translation by rain bird.

This pic totally brightened my day :D

Thank you Angel!

I`ve just read on Pau`s blog that Bi will have a concert in the PH in September :blink:So where he will go now? I mean after China? I`ve read on nate that he will not go back to the Korea until ending of shooting abroad. Which country is next?

Kicia, like you, I'm also curious.........how long are they staying in Beijing for filming? From there, what location is next........When are they going to HK? If what you read from Nate is true then he'll be away for quite a while in Korea? Was it mentioned why? If he has to have a break or vacation after filming this drama then he deserves to do it. :lol:

I think people will like this pic

credit: DC

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://a.imageshack.us/img814/5363/12808331292010080319590.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thu, every time I see & remember this photo I always laughed out loud........ See how Rain hold Lee Jung Jin’s arm! Very funny! Even his face expression is funny – hahaha. :lol::D

[Aug-06-2010] In terms of ad efficiency during the 2010 South Africa World Cup, SLI using Rain & kim Hye-Soo as their ad characters ranked top.

In terms of efficiency to be had by having the greatest promotional effect on TV ads at little cost during the 2010 South Africa World Cup, insurance company 'Samsung Life Insurance' using Rain and actress 'Kim Hye-Soo' as their ad characters ranked top.

credit to Sege News http://news.nate.com/view/20100801n09590

ratoka 2010-08-05

Those ELLE pictures are really gorgeous, it's really a simple but very efficient concept by ELLE to take pictures like this from Rain.

*** Wooottt.......he's been an endorser for SK Telecom for many years now & I could say that SK is in good hands. I'm happy to hear this news that sales of the 1st 100T phones are sold out. I find that CF very cute, all the versions of this ad. I’m just here to support him always.Good job, RAIN! Way to go.......... I hope there will be more contracts from SK. So happy for him. :lol:

[Aug-06-2010] SK's W phone products using Rain as its ad character becomes word-of-mouth best-model.

Rain expressed the concept of SK's W phone new product even in its 'Aura Phone' ad through his passionate dance performance after its 'Rain Phone' ad released last May.

In 'Rain Phone ad, Rain's refined and charismatic manly beauty was appealing to customers, while in 'Aura Phone', the distinctions of the product itself in design and of the trend called the star instinct to want to stand out were characterized.

W phone 'Rain Phones' accentuating his manly looks were totally sold out. Earlier, its first 100,000 products were sold, being a word of mouth phenomenon.

credit to Economy Today http://news.nate.com/view/20100805n11668

[Aug-06-2010] In terms of ad efficiency during the 2010 South Africa World Cup, SLI using Rain & kim Hye-Soo as their ad characters ranked top.

In terms of efficiency to be had by having the greatest promotional effect on TV ads at little cost during the 2010 South Africa World Cup, insurance company 'Samsung Life Insurance' using Rain and actress 'Kim Hye-Soo' as their ad characters ranked top.

credit to Sege News http://news.nate.com/view/20100801n09590

Very nice to read such positive articles too from time to time, showing the effect Rain has.

Thank you!!

@bbly and willenette

I have link download it with Engsub

If both of you want, I can post them for you

I heard that it's a good movie :rolleyes:

I would love to have it, thank you! I wonder how Rain understood if it is a Chinese movie. I don't think that they would put engls. subs or so in their country. :lol:

100806 [Fan Acct ] Rain in Beijing ~ Day 7 Filming

Source: China Cloud @Rainbar

Eng translated by Cuckoo

Rain wore white top. He was filming in the main street of front entrance. (Film crew and Rain were still filming in the factory, same location as of Day 6).

Accordingly, this morning was filming outdoor scene, afternoon probably would film indoor scene.

They were filming at the inner space factory’s park, Fans could see anything in the front gate.

Rain has filmed the fighting scene with male #2

Rain got a minor cut on his hand when he was filming a fighting scene, no bleeding, but it looked hurt. They were filming inside the factory, it was very hot there. Per news, that factory space has unused about a year, very dusty, everybody had to wear masks. Artists also needed to wear masks while they were waiting. Today, mainly worked on fighting scene. Rain’s clothes were all wet, he sweated a lot….sad, non-stop fighting…

They had lunch around at 2pm. Film crew and Rain didn’t eat in the cafeteria of the factory. They had lunch boxes and ate inside the cars.

Rain looked quite tired [per cuckoo’s understanding - probably due to the sweat and fighting scene] he kept putting make-up

(from : rainlegend)