Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Thanks annjo for sharing!!!

11.24.09 New Rain Ad Photo

picture_rain.jpg

credit: ratoka

11.24.09 Ninja Assassin Featured on YouTube Frontpage

nayoutube-1-1.jpg

screencap: Jax

11.24.09 Met Rain in San Francisco

Only pic with Rain`s signature :P

20091125_a160975614e3efe0de02ye2giwovuxu21.jpg

credit to sisi@rainlegend

From yesterday, I have read so many bad reviews of critics that I dont want to read anything relating to " NA review" anymore.... Although I dont trust them, they made me heart broken...I hope it will work well in the box office....

I cant not wait to see it tomorrow... damm, our local theaters dont play the midnight show...

Anyway, I planned to watch it three times for this holiday week...

I think the positive review is more than the negative review rite? :lol:

It's surreal to see his name in those famous movie sites. I have tears in my eyes ... I have been

waiting for this moment... I don't care what the critics say.. look at the review for newmoon... bad bad

review but look at the amount they collected so far? Impossible huh? So who cares what the critics

say.

I believe it will be in the TOP 5 (at least in M'sia :lol: ).... Most of the time they praise him it, the bad review mostly

on the plot. No one can deny he is talented and has great stage/screen presence. We been discussing about

that for "ages" rite? No one can deny that he has the X-Factor...

Look at below "quote"

I’m sure he wishes that I did it digital for him and that would have saved him six months of pain, but he has great screen presence. From the film you will know, and I think that is a sign of a true star.

You know... I am so excited... :lol:

BTW - Thanks for all the wonderful reports.

11.24.09 [Fan Account] Met Rain in San Francisco

http://sixtofive1982.files.wordpress.com/2...2giwovuxu21.jpg

**** Opppsss..........Kicia dear, this fan account has been posted already here (at the previous page.....) But the photo is fine. B):P

November 25, 2009

20091125104748_9.jpg

Credit : 10Asia

http://translate.google.com.ph/translate?h....asiae.co.kr%2F

*** I hope someone who's very kind could translate this for us. Just curious what's written in here. :o^_^

**** Opppsss..........Kicia dear, this fan account has been posted already here (at the previous page.....) But the photo is fine. B):P

Thanks willenette :P I will edit my previous post ;)

I`m glad that at least one person is aware what was posted before in this fload of news :D

Thanks willenette :P I will edit my previous post ;)

I`m glad that at least one person is aware what was posted befrore in this fload of news :D

Kicia, hahaha - you know why I could recall easily this time & my memory didn't fail me because I was the one who posted this - It's just that I didn't post that signed CD photo. :D:P

Here's another movie review. Well................. good or bad, still a publicity for our man's movie. :huh:<_<

Hot ninja, lukewarm story

By Genevieve Loh, TODAY | Posted: 25 November 2009 0806 hrs

phpZs4VwC.jpg

SINGAPORE : So a Korean pop superstar is playing one of the deadliest ninjas in the world. But do we care? No, because we are too busy salivating over Rain's rock-hard abs and pecs.

The plot leads with the mythical Ozuna clan which, for a millennia, has taken in orphans to turn them into cold-blooded ninja assassins, complete with superhuman strength, lighting-quick agility, insane weapon skills and healing abilities.

The baddies get these guys to kill rich people and infiltrate bank accounts.

Sounds a wee bit incredulous? Yes. But what do you expect from a ninja movie produced by Western martial arts fanboys?

Yes, "Ninja Assassin" is the M18 chop-socky hyper-violent fake-bloodied schlock fest, courtesy of the Wachowski Brothers and Joel Silver, who in a carefully strategised eye-the-massive-Asian-market move, cast Korean superstar Rain as their action man.

But more importantly, the singer/actor builds a truly impressive killer bod to portray orphan Raizo, the ultimate killing machine gone rogue.

Director James McTeigue (of the superb "V For Vendetta") goes all out on the action, with brawls, decapitations and dismemberments reaching its expected graphic and gratuitous zenith. But the terrible acting and laughable script drags the movie down.

One only wishes that they went all out with the B-grade fun and irreverence, thus pushing "Ninja Assassin" into the tomes of cult-dom, where it could have belonged.

- TODAY/il

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/rev...1020384/1/.html

Stormtrooper

By Genevieve Loh, TODAY | Posted: 25 November 2009 1252 hrs

phpLWPeC1.jpg

SINGAPORE : Confession: I sooo don't like Rain. And after meeting him face-to-face at the Lotte Hotel in Seoul at the Asian junket for his latest Hollywood film "Ninja Assassin", I have to say I sooo like the K-boy even less.

Okay, he made the list of Time Magazine's 100 Of The World's Most Influential People three times in a row; he's arguably Korea's biggest pop superstar, and dubbed "Asia's Prince of Pop" and "Korea's Justin Timberlake".

And if winning numerous acting accolades for his TV performances ("Sang Doo! Let's Go To School" and "Full House") isn't enough, he's also the CEO of his own entertainment company, J Tune Entertainment and is the face hawking everything from Korean cosmetics to pizza chains to duty-free shopping.

Now, the boy who was born Jeong Ji Hoon looks set to become Hollywood's newest action star after playing Raizo, one of the world's deadliest ninjas who plots his revenge against the very clan that trained him to be a killer, in the latest Joel Silver/Wachowski Brothers' martial arts actioner, "Ninja Assassin". All with an assiduously-trained lean mean fighting machine of a body, no less.

What's more, the 27-year-old is as inoffensive as vanilla ice-cream, with no diva attitude whatsoever. Sure, he looked down at his feet one too many times during the interview, but I was told it's a cultural thing; a sign of respect. And when he does make eye contact with a touch of smile, you can see why teenagers, aunties, grandmas, mothers and even men everywhere go absolutely ga-ga.

So, why do I hate this guy sooo? Here is my torrential list.

He's the perfect assassin, I'm not even close to perfect.

Hmm, this K-Boy doesn't mind playing Japanese, admires Hong Kong martial arts stars and now has the perfect vehicle to flex those muscles he trained so hard for. Plus, in the epic martial art sequences, Rain has the sleekest of moves and coolest of weapons to fend off baddies. And apparently the filmmakers gave him carte blanche when it came to his character.

"Both the Wachowski brothers and Joel Silver really wanted to show the real essence of martial arts," he said in Korean. "People who like martial arts will like this movie. I learned a lot from martial art actors like Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan, who I always admired growing up. But also, I had to make sure not to copy completely and be exactly like them. I had to recreate my own action star." Which relative newcomer can get a sweet deal like that?

He's tight with the Wachowskis, they don't even know I exist.

"I believe everyone has three big chances in life. Mine are firstly, my collaboration with music producer Park Jin Young, followed by my Hollywood debut in the Wachowskis' 'Speed Racer' and consequent relationship with them, and now this role in 'Ninja Assassin'," he said. "We have a very good chemistry. And now it's led to more exposure ... This is a beginning of a new stage of my life and I cannot afford to be lazy." Dude, I've sent them script upon script and still no call. Our boy wonder meets them and - boom - it's hello Hollywood! Unfair or not?

He can diet successfully ... and I can't.

And he managed to still maintain it months after filming was over.

"Salt and sugar were strictly forbidden in order to build my body. I could only eat chicken breast and vegetables," he said. "Over 90 per cent of the action stunts were performed by me so I had to keep my body really light and reduce my body fat to almost zero. I trained hard.

"First thing I ate right after the last day of filming was hamburger and French fries," he added. "I really overworked my body for 'Ninja Assassin'. Now that it's over, I am more concerned about being healthy mentally and physically. When you're just focused on body-building, you make a lot of sacrifices and I don't think that's very healthy." Whatever. How come it doesn't work for us common folk?

He's a sensitive new age guy - and I'm not.

Do you know what he said when I asked him which director he'd most like to work with? "James Cameron. I really like 'Titanic'." Inconceivable!

He knows how to give clever answers.

When asked what made him unique from the rest of the Asian stars breaking into Hollywood, he said: "My big difference is that I'm much younger." (Read: I have more time to improve and make an impact than those old fogeys.)

When asked why he'd rather speak in Korean even though his English is good enough for interviews, he said: "I have been taking lessons and my English has been improving, but there are so many Korean journalists here today so I felt it better to speak in Korean and make myself be understood by everybody. And by using Korean, I can give more detailed information with different nuances." Somebody translate, please.

He's got more fans than I do.

Everyone from my male theatre friends, to my screaming pre-teen niece to the mak cik at my favourite mee rebus stall loves him. Why? "I think I work very hard and people can see that," was Rain's explanation. "Most Korean actors are considered sexy because they work very hard to have fit bodies, and I think that I'm one of them." I'm not even close to sexy yet, but I think the mee rebus mak cik ought to have given me a discount after I told her I had shaken Rain's hand.

He's nicer than I am

"Thank you very very much for all your support. I hope you enjoyed my film," the Korean hunk told me after agreeing to let me take a photo with him. Sigh! How can anybody be so famous and still be so nice? Even Seal refused to let me take a picture with his wife Heidi Klum - and he's not as hot as Rain.

Like I said before, how I can I sooo not like the guy? Who's with me? Anyone? Anyone? Phooey.

Ninja Assassins opens in cinemas on Thursday.

-TODAY/rs

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/mov...1020407/1/.html

Guest tyty6_7

sadly, the negative reviews from critics are a lot more than the positive ones... the general audiences gave more positive reviews, but most of them just talked in the forums... and the critics talked about it on over the sites and the journals here...so if someone wants to google this movie, those damn bad reviews will go to their eyes first..

I don't care what the critics say.. look at the review for new moon... bad bad

review but look at the amount they collected so far? Impossible huh? So who cares what the critics

say.

hehehe... you know, at this moment his movie and new moon have the same level of bad reviews... they both just have 29% of positive ones....

Anyways, the warner bros expect it can make at least $ 20 million with about 2500 theaters here for 5 days of the holiday week ...hope they can make it...

Bam, I am very happy that finally he can make a name here...not a big name yet, but at least a crowd of people know who he is...it's really faster than I expected....and I need to thank his "NA screw" especially the warner Bros, Joe silver and James McTeigue...they are really doing a very good job in promoting him to the U.S...

Went to see it and liked it. My brother totally love it because of the action packed, bloody feast! For the storyline...I think it's as best as it could be for a ninja story without going into all melodrama. This movie focused more on the fighting and lifestyle of the ninja so overall it was a good movie.

"Ninja Assassin" tops advance ticket sales

2009112516215801380_1.jpg

A scene from "Ninja Assassin" [Warner Brothers]

Hollywood movie "Ninja Assassin" starring Asian superstar Rain is racking up ticket sales prior to its release tomorrow.

The much-anticipated action flick is topping ticket reservation charts on various Internet websites in Korea, according to statistics posted on the KOFIC (Korean Film Council) electronic network.

As of Wednesday morning, the real-time ticket reservation rate for "Ninja Assassin" stood at 39.84 percent on Maxmovie, 32.96 percent on Interpark and 28.71 on Ticketlink, surpassing the figures for Hollywood blockbuster movie "2012" which has topped the Korean box office for two consecutive weeks.

"Ninja", produced by the famous Wachowski Brothers of the "Matrix" trilogy and directed by James McTeigue of "V For Vendetta", stars Korean singer and actor Rain alongside other Korean or Korean-American actors such as Randall Duk Kim, Sung Kang, Rick Yune and Lee Joon of idol group MBLAQ.

Rain played the lead role of Raizo in the film, hyped as one of the 50 most anticipated films of the year by U.K. newspaper The Times and one of the top 10 movies selected by the San Francisco Examiner.

"Ninja" is set for worldwide on November 26.

Reporter : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://cphoto.asiae.co.kr/listimglink/6/20...215801380_1.jpg

A scene from "Ninja Assassin" [Warner Brothers]

Hollywood movie "Ninja Assassin" starring Asian superstar Rain is racking up ticket sales prior to its release tomorrow.

The much-anticipated action flick is topping ticket reservation charts on various Internet websites in Korea, according to statistics posted on the KOFIC (Korean Film Council) electronic network.

As of Wednesday morning, the real-time ticket reservation rate for "Ninja Assassin" stood at 39.84 percent on Maxmovie, 32.96 percent on Interpark and 28.71 on Ticketlink, surpassing the figures for Hollywood blockbuster movie "2012" which has topped the Korean box office for two consecutive weeks.

Reporter : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

deka, thanks again for sharing another article here. Wahhhhh............. this is great news! I feel so happy reading this. :D:):P:lol: NA, fighting! :blush:

Hi deka dear, thanks for sharing this article here. RAIN has a great history as an artist. He achieves so much as this early of his career. I hope he could get more of what's his goals are in life. BTW, I hope you will watch his movie - You always find time to post something here on his thread & I'm sure you would support him. :)B)

hi willenette, u r welcome dear :)

i couldn't agree with you more willenette, he deserved that .. he works very hard for what he've got today ..

and i'm sure he'll get more in future ..

and of coz i'll watch his 'NA' movie .. :lol:

*** Whatever the outcome of this movie, I’m not into sequels – I hope RAIN won’t consider it doing. I hope he’ll choose among all the scripts he received, which has a different genre this time. I don’t want him to experience the hard training he went through & those hardships he took to get into that shape. It pained him so why go through that again. Another kind of diet this time – cigars & alcohols? The sexy & HOT RAIN to become flabby like McDonalds? Hahaha – Besides, he doesn’t smoke - (Thanks alice again for sharing this.) :D:P

I totally agree with you!!! Rain wants to change the attitude of Hollywood towards Asian actors, so he shouldn't fall into this stereotype-casting-trap by being called the new action star or martial art star. He has soooo much to offer!!

[11-25] Met Rain in San Francisco

So I went up to him and asked for his signature but his assistant said "No, no, no, we are in a hurry". At that moment the lovely voice of Rain said "It's Okay, It's Okay. Give it to me" I thanked him and he signed on my Rainism CD.

Rain is really sweet! That was nice that he didn't refuse to sign.

11-25] Movie review: Ninja Assassin 6.75 out of 10

source: http://www.examiner.com/x-9207-Baltimore-M...n-675-out-of-10

This might not be 100% positive review, but under "good" I saw Rain and that's good enough for me. :P

2nd Joel Silver Interview NINJA ASSASSIN. Plus Info on Dark Castle Projects, Remakes, SHERLOCK HOLMES, More

by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub Posted:November 24th, 2009 at 8:49 pm

What was your favorite thing about Rain other than action?

Silver: Well, he’s a great guy. Smart guy. Really hard worker. Really committed. Really focused. I mean, he’s a dream…I mean you make a movie like this he’s your partner and he’s a great partner.

Great answers by J. Silver! I love how he and James McTeigue are always praising Rain so highly and really appreciate him not only as an actor but also as a person.

Stormtrooper

By Genevieve Loh, TODAY | Posted: 25 November 2009 1252 hrs

phpLWPeC1.jpg

SINGAPORE : Confession: I sooo don't like Rain. And after meeting him face-to-face at the Lotte Hotel in Seoul at the Asian junket for his latest Hollywood film "Ninja Assassin", I have to say I sooo like the K-boy even less.

Hahahahaaaa! Loved the humour here and how the person was "jealous" of Rain.

This is great news!!!! It's a very good sign. I am very happy for Rain and NA.

By now Rain must have been landed (hopefully safe) in HK. And today is the big day? Do you have a tipp where we can see the box office numbers? I really want to know how NA will do on his first day in the US and of course starting from tomorrow in other countries. Rain, Rain, Rain, it's goin to RAIN everywhere!!!!

OMG! Good review :D

11.24.09 EW Movie Review “NINJA ASSASSIN”

Reviewed by Chris Nashawaty | Nov 24, 2009

ninja_assassin_l.jpg

Image credit: Juliana Malucelli

HE'S GOING TO DO SOMETHING, AND YOU KNOW IT'S GOING TO BE GOOD Rain stretches before exercising in Ninja Assassin

The folks at the MPAA must have been snoozing when Ninja Assassin came up for its rating. Because this slick slice of martial-arts mayhem from the producers of The Matrix is awash in blood. It spurts and sprays in geysers. And it never lets up. There's a brutal (and admittedly very cool) fight scene every five minutes. What story there is revolves around a ninja (Korean pop star Rain) who teams with a sassy Europol agent (Naomie Harris) to get payback on the clan who trained him to be a heartless assassin. But let's be honest, killing is this film's business...and business is good. B

sr: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20322480,00.html

Guest LifeMadeSimple923

Rain has arrived HK

Bi has just arrived, wearing sunglasses and cap, wave & smile to fans.

HK Police had to open the way for his private car going away,he looked venerably imposing ,just like the king :lol:

Credit:Rainhk

11-25-2009

Will 'Ninja' Open More Doors for Rain?

091125_p28_rain.jpg

The countdown started for the release of “Ninja Assassin” in which Korean singer

and actor Rain plays a killer. He hopes the film ― opening in the United States

on Wednesday ― will become a foothold for him to make inroads into the Ame-

rican movie market. Korea Times

Korean top singer and actor Rain is drawing keen attention from CNN, MTV and other international media as "Ninja Assassin" barrels into theaters on Wednesday in the United States and on Thursday in Korea. They are introducing Rain and the movie ― in which he plays Raizo, a revenge-seeking ninja ― on their Web sites in a largely positive tone.

Rain, a household name in Asia, has yet to break into the American mainstream and hopes the film will become a vehicle to penetrate the American market.

"It's hard to even walk in streets in Asia," Rain told MTV News. "I hope it'll be the same [in America]. Raizo is very sexy. I love my character."

Rain picked the climatic final sequence as one of his favorite scenes. "They were real flames!" said Rain. "There were no wires and no camera tricks."

If there is a sequel, could he go through the same six months of nonstop training it took to get into fighting shape? "I'll think about it," laughed the star. "You know what? It was so painful!"

"'Ninja Assassin' has a key advantage in appealing to males, who aren't so interested in the 'Twilight' series," Variety said. The R-rated action film was produced by Joel Silver, the Wachowski brothers and Legendary Pictures.

CNN also introduced Rain on its Web site, Tuesday, describing him as a singer-actor who has "all the trimmings of an international superstar in the making."

It said Rain's climb from an unknown backup dancer to a member of Asia's A-list wasn't easy: His lack of Western features caused many music labels to look right past him and getting his footing in the United States has been particularly difficult.

Yet Rain isn't the type of guy who shies away from a challenge, it said.

CNN quoted Rain as saying in a recent interview with Talk Asia that: "What I want to do now is start from the bottom again and build up my name in the U.S. I have experienced firsthand what it means to be poor, what it means to go hungry, and that I think may be the reason, the root cause of why I'm able to work so hard these days," he said.

On "Ninja Assassin," which will be released on Thursday across the country, Rain said, "I'm hoping people have high expectations for this movie, because I don't think they will be disappointed."

Credits : Cho Jae-hyon, Staff Reporter (chojh@koreatimes.co.kr)

Source : The Korea Times

Wahahahaha. I bought the ticket. Official opening is tomorrow and

I dun know what to call this, midnite show??????

Guess what????? The tix is sold out. Fullhouse. I am sooo dang

Happy. I can't believe this. When the showtime start blinking (monitor)

I almost scream out loud. Yes yes yes. I am in M'sia and the first

Show is a sold out and it is on weekdays. OMG, despite new moon

And other good movies. This is a good sign. I will be watching

Him in one hour time. Wish me goodluck. Hope I will survive the

96 minutes. Feel like goin into labourrrr. Weeeeee I am so excited

And nervous.

Tyty tyty tyty. Will angel .......... I can't help it. I am so excited.

Weeeeeeee

Since NA's premiere is tomorrow, well..I thought I should post this.

I'm from M'sia btw and these are the pics I took from Cineplex. other shopping complexes also had lots of NA promotion like 1utama and all...but was mostly hurrying into the cinema so didnt have much time. was kinda lazy too. haha..

Anyway, cineplex's promotion was the best I think. they had like a lcd tv screen with huge posters and a booth set up just for it. see below.

14112009018.jpg

14112009023.jpg

14112009020.jpg

And this is NA in MYC magazine (it's a college mag). yea i took a photo rather than scanning. lol.. :lol:

19112009001.jpg

Guest tyty6_7

Wahahahaha. I bought the ticket. Official opening is tomorrow and

I dun know what to call this, midnite show??????

Guess what????? The tix is sold out. Fullhouse. I am sooo dang

Happy. I can't believe this. When the showtime start blinking (monitor)

I almost scream out loud. Yes yes yes. I am in M'sia and the first

Show is a sold out and it is on weekdays. OMG, despite new moon

And other good movies. This is a good sign. I will be watching

Him in one hour time. Wish me goodluck. Hope I will survive the

96 minutes. Feel like goin into labourrrr. Weeeeee I am so excited

And nervous.

Tyty tyty tyty. Will angel .......... I can't help it. I am so excited.

Weeeeeeee

Oh reallly?... hehehe... It's really a good sign...

If it can not be number 1 in the U.S... hope at least he can make it in Asia....

watching his movie is so nervous huh?...we are nervous because of many things huh Bam...

I hope you will survive 96 min in order to go to other theaters to fight for him again...hehehehe...

Next couple hours will be my time with him...hahahah... so excited now...