Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

*** About this video clip below, they don’t know RAIN? So weird of them, huh? No, I’m not complaining because this was in US & not everybody knows him there. :o^_^ (sorry, guys if this clip has been posted already - ) had a hard time finding the video again - so, I have to re-post it - Peace - :P:mellow:

[11-22] Rain Bi Ninja Assassin Red Carpet

Credit//ratoka@youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSjvuINRE14

11.21.09 Rain in the Forecast, Ninja Assassin Interview with Kam Williams

Jeong “Rain” Jihoon was born in Seoul, South Korea on June 25, 1982 where he and his younger sister were raised in poverty by their single mother after their father abandoned the family for Brazil. Rain was a very shy child who developed an interest in dancing while in junior high. He continued to pursue that passion at Anyang School for the Arts, where also added acting and singing to his repertoire.

He began neglecting his studies to go out on auditions during his junior year when his mom could no longer support the family as a street vendor due to a debilitating diabetes condition. Unfortunately, he found himself being repeatedly rejected for supposedly being unattractive, because he didn’t have double eyelids.

When his mother died while he was still a teenager, failure was no longer an option. Dedicating his career to her, Rain persevered, and eventually blossomed into a handsome hunk popular enough to go by just one name. In fact, the striking, 6’ tall actor/dancer/model/singing sensation subsequently landed on both Time Magazine’s “100 Most Influential People Who Shape Our World” list and on People Magazine’s “100 Most Beautiful People” list.

source: kamwilliams.com

credit: rainalice, sixtofive1982

anjjo, thanks for sharing this. I love this part : :P

KW: No, it is my honor. Is there any question no one ever asks you, that you wish someone would?

R: Yes, do you have a girlfriend?

KW: Okay, do you have a girlfriend?

R: I don’t have a girlfriend, but I need a girlfriend. So, I hope to find one very soon. I’m very lonely.

KW: Well, I might be able to help by spreading the word. I have a lot of female readers. What type of woman are you looking for?

R: I love all kinds of sexy girls.

KW: The Tasha Smith question: Are you ever afraid?

R: Un-huh.

KW: The Columbus Short question: Are you happy?

Another good interview. Can he be any cuter with all his answers? I just love his kind of personality. :P:lol:

November 22, 2009

'Ninja Assassin' director James McTeigue talks

The 1980s were the heyday of the ninjas. "The Ninja" by Eric Van Lustbader topped the book charts, and movies like "American Ninja" were the flickering fantasy in evey boy's eyes. Heck, even "Magnum P.I." had episode with ninjas in them. Then, as ninjas are wont to do, they disappeared.

Dark Castle and Legendary Pictures are hoping the time is right for the return of these stealthy assassins with "Ninja Assassin," which gushes (and I mean gushes) its way into theaters Nov. 25, hoping to slice into the audience that is not going to see "New Moon." The movie is directed by James McTeigue, who also directed "V for Vendetta." Both movies were produced by the Wachowskis, who first worked with the Australian when they hired him to act as first assistant director on "The Matrix."

Heat Vision had a chance to talk to McTeigue at the movie's premiere afterparty, which was, fittingly, at Yamashiro's, the Japanese castle-restaurant overlooking Hollywood.

Why do you think it's been such a long time since we've seen a major ninja movie? It's been about 20 years.

I think genres exhaust themselves sometimes. And if you look at the Western genre, that's exhausted itself; the musical did, too. And I think that after there, those really low-budget ninja movies in the '80s, people went "I need a rest from that." But I wanted to take the B genre-ness and give it the affection of A-genre, get Warner Bros. to give us money and make a good movie out of it. Hopefully. I've succeeded.

What do you think is the enduring appeal of ninjas?

They are classic. I like the way they resolve in and out of darkness, the way they are like guerrilla fighters. They kick richard simmons. People identify with them because they want to be them. Every little kid ... this friend of mine was telling me a minute ago that he left his son at home tonight and the son said, "Dad, what are you off to see?" And he said, "I'm going to see a ninja movie." And the son said, "Without me?!" So I think they are a classic archetype.

It's funny you say kids want to see them because you made one of the most un-kid-friendly movies of the year.

That is true. I think there are ninja movies for kids; that's already been done. But I was interested in taking and homaging the ninja movies from the '80s, and taking the stuff I grew up with, like Japanese shows like "Shintaro," "The Samurai" and "The Phantom Agents" (Japanese shows that played in Australia), and make this confluence of styles -- anime, game player, horror, film noir -- and make it cool. But you're right, it's very adult.

I heard the first cut was in NC-17 territory.

Well surprisingly enough, the cut you see is the cut I submitted to the MPAA. I didn't take anything out. I think, much credit to the MPAA, they saw what I was trying to do, which was stylized violence. I wasn't saying this is a real situation. It's cartoony, graphic novelly. I'm not saying this is "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer," or even like "Seven."

You've spent a lot of time with the Wachowskis. What's the key to the collaboration?

Those guys are great friends, and they are also extraordinary filmmakers. We've known each other for 10 years now, and we have a symbiotic relationship. I really understand them and they really understand me. They are great producers who really understand how films are put together.

McTeigue is prepping his next movie, "The Raven," a thriller featuring Edgar Allan Poe hunting a serial killer which will incorporate the classic American author's dark poems.

http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2009/11/ninj...-interview.html

Guest tyty6_7

Exclusive: Rain and James McTeigue Video Interview NINJA ASSASSIN

by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub Posted:November 22nd, 2009 at 8:05 pm

Rain%20and%20James%20McTeigue%20.jpg

Opening this Wednesday is director James McTeigue’s (V for Vendetta) Ninja Assassin. The film stars Asian superstar Rain in the title role and as you can put together from the title, it’s about Ninja’s. And assassin’s. The film is loaded with ninja action and blood, so if you’re into either of those things, this is pretty much a must see movie. Finally, it’s produced by the Wachowski Brothers and Joel Silver (The Matrix Trilogy, V for Vendetta), and they’ve done a few things you might have liked…

A few days ago I sat down with Rain and James McTeigue to discuss making the movie, filming in Berlin, Comic-Con, and a lot more. Check out what they had to say after the jump:

Finally, here are some clips from the movie. And look for extended interviews with James McTeigue and Rain on Tuesday night/Wednesday. I did a lot of press for Ninja Assassin so lots more coming.

CLICK THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIDEO INTERVIEW:

http://www.collider.com/2009/11/22/exclusi...ninja-assassin/

Credit: collider.com

Exclusive: Rain and James McTeigue Video Interview NINJA ASSASSIN

by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub Posted:November 22nd, 2009 at 8:05 pm

http://www.collider.com/wp-content/image-b...McTeigue%20.jpg

Opening this Wednesday is director James McTeigue’s (V for Vendetta) Ninja Assassin. The film stars Asian superstar Rain in the title role and as you can put together from the title, it’s about Ninja’s. And assassin’s. The film is loaded with ninja action and blood, so if you’re into either of those things, this is pretty much a must see movie. Finally, it’s produced by the Wachowski Brothers and Joel Silver (The Matrix Trilogy, V for Vendetta), and they’ve done a few things you might have liked…

A few days ago I sat down with Rain and James McTeigue to discuss making the movie, filming in Berlin, Comic-Con, and a lot more. Check out what they had to say after the jump:

CLICK THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIDEO INTERVIEW:

http://www.collider.com/2009/11/22/exclusi...ninja-assassin/

Credit: collider.com

tyty, thanks for sharing this article & the video clip. RAIN & his director seems to get closer even after the NA filming. He looks relaxed & comfortable when he's with his director. :P:lol:

Jeong Ji Hoon, hot celebrity by CNN, AP, Reuters!

posterphoto102409.jpg

Actor and singer Jeong Ji-hoon has been at the "Ninja Assassin" premiere today!

The premiere was at Grauman's Chinese Theater with director James McTeigue, producer Joel Silver, and actors Rick Yune, Sung Kang, Maggie Q, and more. ET, AP, Reuter, CNN, and Fox were at this event to show the upcoming film premiering!

Rain will be around the U.S. for the promotion tour!

Source : news.nate.com

Translation : Hancinema

November 23, 2009

Rain: 'Keep Trying to Make Your Dream Come True'

7207_596_l.jpg

Rain, who has been promoting his movie “Ninja Assassin” in North America, during his interview on November 21 (local time) in Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA.

"’Ninja Assassin’ helped me dream. If I keep trying, someday I will top the box office," said Rain (real name Jeong Ji-hoon) during his interview on November 21 in Los Angeles. He is the first Korean actor to play a lead in a major Hollywood movie. He has been promoting his movie “Ninja Assassin” in North America since last week. On November 19, he attended a prestigious red carpet event in Hollywood and a screening. On November 21, he was to give interviews to some 30 media agencies based in Los Angeles.

While saying that his movie had received positive feedback in the U.S., Rain added that what mattered most was taking on new challenges rather than producing good results. Rain said he wanted to publicize Korean culture in Hollywood.

With regard to his Hollywood experience, Rain said, "I want to continue to try new things despite failures. It is important to overcome failures and do your best even when your self-esteem is hurt.”

The interview lasted only 15 minutes, but it was enough for Rain to convey his strong determination and confidence.

Following are excerpts from the interview.

-- What were your impressions from walking the red carpet in the U.S. as the leading actor of “Ninja Assassin?”

▲ I’m very happy and proud as a Korean. I was the first Korean in Hollywood to attend a movie premiere as its leading actor. I was also the first Asian to do so. It was a great honor for me. My first step in Hollywood has been very successful. Everything was great and many people were excited about this. Apart from my Asian fans, many of my African-American and Caucasian fans also attended the premiere. I was very surprised.

-- What did U.S. journalists show particular interest in?

▲ They asked me a lot about my body-shaping secrets, about the way I exercise. They also asked me about my nationality and about what it feels like to be a Hollywood star.

-- Will your movie perform well at the box office?

▲ In a way, this movie is mine, because I play the main character. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for me. If my movie doesn’t do well, I’ll be scolded, and if it does well, I’ll receive praise. As long as my movie is in the top five, it’ll be success, because nobody has done this before.

-- Will the success of your movie be influenced by “New Moon,” which opened recently?

▲ My goal is not to top the box office. If my movie trails “New Moon” or even lands the fifth spot, it’ll be huge anyway. “Ninja Assassin” has a few stumbling blocks. It’s PG-rated, so children can’t watch it. It targets only a group of devoted fans rather than the general public.

-- What is “Ninja Assassin” to you?

▲ This movie helped me dream. My first try was successful. If I keep rising to new challenges, my movies will top the box office someday. I’m not holding my hopes high this time. If my movie enters the top five, it’ll be success. I’m going to take it slow.

-- What have you learned in Hollywood?

▲ I have learned that it’s important to keep trying despite failures. If you’re worried about failing even before making a try, it’s already over. It’s important to keep doing things even if you’re likely to fail. You should overcome failures and do your best even when your self-esteem is hurt.

-- How is your English doing?

▲ I’m studying English as hard as I can. When I don’t know something important, I ask others for help. I don’t like to pretend to know everything. It’s difficult for me to speak English fluently because I am a Korean. I tell others that I’m still learning and ask for help. I want to study harder.

--What other roles would you want to try in Hollywood? You once said you wanted to play an Asian man who was in love with a Caucasian woman.

▲ I would want to try that. Everything is possible. To be honest, nobody could have imagined that I would play a lead in this movie. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined this. I would want to star in a romance movie someday.

-- What would you like to say to your Korean fans?

▲ My movie has received positive feedback in the U.S. Rather than producing good results, it’s important to keep trying. I want to publicize Korean culture in Hollywood. That’s my dream. I hope that Korean viewers will also like my movie.

Credit : KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/Entertain/Enterta...ew.html?No=7207

Very long but very interesting fan account :D

11.19.09 [Fan Account] I Was Introduced To Rain At “Ninja Assassin” Premiere After Party

Goodness, where in the world do I begin? It’s been a whirlwind last few days in LA. Just got back last night, and now I have to sit down and relive my experience on paper because I certainly don’t want to forget this for the rest of my life. I’m so physically exhausted, but my emotions and adrenalin are still running high. I’m so happy I still can’t stop smiling, even in my sleep. ☺

Anyway, I’m not going to write about the Ninja Assassin premiere because some other fans have already written their accounts on that. Most of them were able to get tickets to watch the movie because Warner Brothers staff were handing them out by the end of the red carpet event. I’m glad that many of our friends were able to go in at the very last minute and watch the movie together.

I will start off saying now that I DO NOT have any pictures for this. This is a sore topic for me because we were told by security at the will call line before the start of the premiere that we were not allowed to bring cameras and cell phones with picture-taking abilities into the theater. Well, my ‘date’ Jeslyn and I were too obedient, and that turned out to be a complete mistake considering how we were NOT even searched by security as we went in for the movie, and everybody else and their mother had cameras with them. Sigh…. I will not linger on this any further…

Jeslyn and I had a chance of a lifetime to mingle, wine and dine with VIPs at the after party right the movie premiere (different from the one at The Kress). And just to give you a background as to HOW we pulled that off, I will tell you that none of this was due to my own efforts. I have special friends, one of whom was actually the executive producer of Ninja Assassin, and when he found out about the purpose of my trip to LA, he surprised me by reserving 2 tickets under my name at will call, and also gave me passes for me and my guest to the party afterwards. I give full credit and gratitude to him for all of this.

img_25781.jpg

Envelope in my name

img_25791.jpg

My passes

img_25841.jpg

Free popcorn and drinks!!

102_0812.jpg

Jeslyn and I standing in line waiting to get in to get our tickets from will call. (Omo...low cleavage, yikes!)

So anyway, after the movie, Jeslyn and I followed Rain as he hustled out of the theater into his getaway SUV. It all happened so quickly because people started to gather around him as he exited the theater. He got into the front passenger seat and as the SUV drove away, I saw him turn around to look back at the crowd. He didn’t wave back or anything (even though I think I waved at him), but I’m pretty sure I saw him smile because he was probably so proud to see that the crowd there was all for him. From this point, Jeslyn and I battled the cold (we only wore black dresses and shawls) and followed directions to where we were picked up by small limo busses to go to the after party. We noticed that the demographics of the crowd started to change as we made our way to the pick-up point. No more fans, no more chaos; just a few other people (who mostly seemed older) dressed formally, media personalities and some staff of Warner Brothers. Jeslyn and I started feeling out of place because we knew we really didn’t quite belong, but thankfully we had dressed the part, so we blended in just fine. ☺

We got on the bus and it was actually a short ride, but getting there was part of the fun because the bus drove up a really narrow and winding road. For a moment it looked like we were heading upward a hill to nowhere. Pretty soon we arrived at Yamashiro; it perched right on top of the hill (as part of Hollywood Hills) where you got a 360-degree view of LA. It was absolutely breathtaking, I can’t even describe it in words now, and even more mad that I don’t have a single picture to remember it by!

yamashirosmall.jpg

Front view of Yamashiro (had to google for image. Credit: seeing-stars.com)

khtil-yamashiro.jpg

This is just a part of the view that we could see from there! (Image credit: eatingla.blogspot.com)

Anyway, we were greeted by tons of black suit security men who checked our party passes and ushered us in. As we headed up the stairs, there were also hosts and hostesses holding trays of sake, wine, martinis and other alcoholic beverages. When we got in, we headed straight for the buffet line. Jeslyn was starving; she didn’t care about anything else! Ha!

After dropping by the ladies room (on the way there, I was walking behind famous CNN reporter Lisa Ling!) and grabbing food, Jeslyn and I found a nice, corner spot in one of the many dining areas of the restaurant. We sat there enjoying the delicious food and drinks while admiring the beautiful scenery and nightlights of the city. We toast to our drinks and talked briefly about what we thought of the movie. At this point, we didn’t know whether or not Rain had already arrived at the party. We hadn’t seen him around. I, for one, wasn’t eating because I was extremely anxious and nervous. Jeslyn, on the other hand, was enjoying the free food! As she was busy eating, I happened to turn around to scope the area to take a look at the crowd surrounding us (I was trying to see if I could see anyone famous). Then all of a sudden, at just the right angle and frame, I saw a familiar face. It was slightly dark because he was further in the dining hall from where I was sitting. I wasn’t sure if it was Rain, but I had a strong feeling it was. So almost instantly, I told Jeslyn I was going to get some food and that I’d be right back. She was like, “So now you wanna eat?”, and I said, “Yeah….”, hehe….So I headed towards another buffet line nearby and as I walked past, I looked into the main room (it had opened walls), there he stood, chatting with a group of white people—the same people whom I had seen him chatting with in the theater before the start of the movie. I couldn’t believe it, he was completely on his own, with no bodyguards, no English teacher and no WB assistant (that white lady who has been by his side during his time here in the US). He appeared to be very relaxed and calm with them.

So for the next 10 minutes or so, from where Jeslyn and I sat to eat, I kept turning to look at Rain. He was only a few feet away! For the entire duration of that time, I was able to get a straight-on view of his face. He was even taller than the people around him, so I could see his spiked up hair and his facial expressions. At one point, he laughed and smiled about something, so much so that his eyes appeared in a single line and I could see all of his teeth! It was so cute. He hardly moved from his spot and kept standing there talking and laughing with his friends. There were a couple of times that whenever I turned to look at him, he was looking directly at me too. I think at this point he knew I was watching him and I wasn’t doing a good job being discreet! So I had to quickly change directions and pretend to start talking with Jeslyn! It was nerve wrecking! Eventually we both left our table and inched our way closer to where Rain was. We blended in with everyone else, most of who just stood around chatting and holding drinks in their hands. We didn’t want to be too close, but close enough to where we could still catch glimpses of him. We could tell he was starting to leave the area when we saw a couple of his American bodyguards approaching. Pretty soon, he walked out of the area and headed towards the back. Along the way he’d stop to greet and shake hands with people, like as if he was making his rounds to greet everyone. So polite!

Jeslyn and I continued to inch our way forward but still stayed far away enough where it wouldn’t be obvious that we were following him. At this point, I saw my friend Jon from afar (the executive producer). I was on the lookout for him the entire night because I wanted to personally thank him for everything that he had done. He was actually about to leave the venue right when I saw him, so I ran after him. We reconnected and talked for a brief moment about his family. Then he asked, “So have you been close to Rain yet? Have you talked to him?” I said no and explained how I really didn’t have the guts to approach. He said that Rain was really nice and that other people had been having opportunities to talk to him as well. I just laughed nervously. Right then someone else came to greet Jon and he was distracted for a moment. Meanwhile in my own head, I kept debating whether I really wanted to get closer to Rain. Even Jeslyn said I should, otherwise I would regret it forever. All of the sudden Jon turned his attention back to our conversation and said, “Come on, let’s go.” I immediately knew what he meant to do, so with much anxiety and excitement, we went with him.

We followed him to the back of the building where Rain was. There was a bunch of people back there; Rain had landed up with a different group of people this time and was just talking away. As we got closer, Jon signaled me and said, “Wait right here.” He went over but before too long got stopped AGAIN by someone else who greeted him. I think he was heading straight for Rain but that didn’t quite work out. Jeslyn and I felt slightly awkward where we stood, so we moved to a different spot, which at this point was still very close to Rain. Just then, his bodyguards reappeared as Rain started moving towards another section of the room. We thought he was leaving, so we decided to head towards the entrance from around the other corner. It all seemed like such a rush. But a few seconds later, Rain turned around and headed BACK to where he was before. OMG…we felt like we were playing the cat and mouse game. So as we rushed back to our original spot, I saw Jon shaking hands with Rain and talking to him. I could tell that Jon was trying to look for me too, but we had walked away from where he had told us to stay! So I rushed forward and tucked Jon by the back of his suit jacket. Jon turned around, saw me, and then diverted Rain’s attention. He said, “Rain, I’d like you to meet my friend here, Debbie.” Holy crap!! Rain turned to look at me. He smiled, bowed slightly and extended his hand out to me. Despite my nervousness, I still remembered myself saying, “Hi Rain, I’ve been wanting to meet you.” (WTH??) He paused for a moment, smiled back at me and said, “Thank you, very nice to meet you too.” I could’ve died and gone to heaven then. He also shook hands with Jeslyn afterwards.

I wanted real badly to go back to him to ask for his autograph and tried to pull out my ticket from my clutch purse, but by this point his English teacher was already eyeing on us and would not stop looking at us. I didn’t want unnecessary attention; so I decided not to go with it and just remained close to keep watching Rain. He was still doing his rounds, shaking hands and talking to friends and strangers alike (he also talked to Lisa Ling!!). There was a prominent Korean woman there, with whom he spent quite a bit of time talking. Pretty soon, she decided to leave and everyone, including Rain stood up to say their goodbyes and escorted her out of the building. She was a short and older woman, but her presence was strong and demanding. Everyone kept bowing at her, and Rain, in particular, was very attentive to her. We had no idea who she was, but you could tell they were rather close and Rain treated her with respect and tenderness. It was like as if he was with his own mother. It was rather touching to watch this. He personally escorted her out with her hand tucked around his left arm, and very slowly and carefully he walked her all the way out to her limo at the front of entrance of Yamashiro. Rain and many other people stood there to talk a few more minutes with this woman, and meanwhile Jeslyn and I thought that he was going to leave too, so we followed. As I walked down the stairs, I almost tripped and fell because my heels were killing my feet. One of the security guys had to hold my hand! It’d been completely embarrassing if I had fallen in front of Rain! We then decided to head into the limo bus that was waiting to pick up guests who were ready to head back to Mann’s Theater. We honestly thought Rain would leave after sending off the woman, so we got into the bus, sat at the front seat and continued watching Rain. It was endearing to see him as he carefully escorted the woman into the car, making sure that she was alright (she looked slightly sick too). Even after she got into the car, he kept bowing at her while saying goodbye, and stood there even as the car drove away. It seemed all eyes were on this woman, but our eyes were glued on him!! But then, instead of leaving himself, he and his people walked back into the restaurant! And Jeslyn and I were like, “What??” We really thought he was leaving! We decided not to go back in because it’d been too obvious on our part that we were following him, and more importantly we just wanted to end the night with that special one-on-one experience with him. So we remained in the bus and left to go back to our drop-off point at the theater.

I feel totally and completely blessed. I’m bummed that I don’t have any pictures or autographs from this night, but I think it happened that way for a reason. My experience was indeed special and unique, and was only for me to remember in my thoughts. Never in my dreams would I had ever thought about meeting him this way—not at a concert, autograph session, airport, fan meeting etc. I felt special and important because not only did I meet and shake hands with Rain, but I was introduced TO HIM by someone else who was an important figure in the industry and in the job. Rain was probably wondering who the heck I was when Jon introduced me to him, but all I remember was that he gave me full eye contact and attention, and shook my hand firmly. Just as how other fans have said it before, his hand certainly felt soft! I knew I was completely star struck (per Jeslyn), but I was calm enough to utter my words and to look him in the eyes to see that he was tired. This trip has certainly taken a toll on him, but don’t worry guys, he was also very happy and having a good time. He was smiling and laughing a lot, feeling very comfortable on his own whenever his small entourage was not close by. We were very relieved to see him that way.

Sorry this fan account was long. This has been the highlight of my LA trip, and definitely one to remember forever as I count my blessing. I can finally check this off my to-do list. Next time it’ll be for an autograph, or to see him live in concert!!

Source & Credit: dsl99a@Rain-USA // SexyBi // sixtofive1982.com

Very long but very interesting fan account :D

11.19.09 [Fan Account] I Was Introduced To Rain At “Ninja Assassin” Premiere After Party

Goodness, where in the world do I begin? It’s been a whirlwind last few days in LA. Just got back last night, and now I have to sit down and relive my experience on paper because I certainly don’t want to forget this for the rest of my life. I’m so physically exhausted, but my emotions and adrenalin are still running high. I’m so happy I still can’t stop smiling, even in my sleep. ☺

Anyway, I’m not going to write about the Ninja Assassin premiere because some other fans have already written their accounts on that. Most of them were able to get tickets to watch the movie because Warner Brothers staff were handing them out by the end of the red carpet event. I’m glad that many of our friends were able to go in at the very last minute and watch the movie together.

I feel totally and completely blessed. I’m bummed that I don’t have any pictures or autographs from this night, but I think it happened that way for a reason. My experience was indeed special and unique, and was only for me to remember in my thoughts. Never in my dreams would I had ever thought about meeting him this way—not at a concert, autograph session, airport, fan meeting etc. I felt special and important because not only did I meet and shake hands with Rain, but I was introduced TO HIM by someone else who was an important figure in the industry and in the job. Rain was probably wondering who the heck I was when Jon introduced me to him, but all I remember was that he gave me full eye contact and attention, and shook my hand firmly. Just as how other fans have said it before, his hand certainly felt soft! I knew I was completely star struck (per Jeslyn), but I was calm enough to utter my words and to look him in the eyes to see that he was tired. This trip has certainly taken a toll on him, but don’t worry guys, he was also very happy and having a good time. He was smiling and laughing a lot, feeling very comfortable on his own whenever his small entourage was not close by. We were very relieved to see him that way.

Source & Credit: dsl99a@Rain-USA // SexyBi // sixtofive1982.com

Kicia, thanks for sharing dsl's fan account here - :lol:

Hi debbie, thanks for sharing your stories. I know these are my old & every words I say, you're such a lucky girl indeed! You got the chance to see him plus had shaken his hands. BTW, I saw you now, thanks for that photo - hehehe My dream is also to shake his hands - sigh - We're able to see that he's happy. Your story is worth-reading. I thought you were able to see him in person before, I didn't know that this was the 1st time for you - :P:lol:

*** Guys, please call my attention if this Review has been posted here already. ( I really had a hard time memorizing all the NA reviews posted here - ) :P:mellow:

November 20, 2009

Ninja Assassin -- Film Review

By Ethan Alter

113872-ninja_assassin_341x182.jpg

Bottom Line: Long on awesomely bloody action sequences, short on a memorable plot or characters.

Chances are if you're willingly walking into a movie entitled "Ninja Assassin," you're expecting to see three basic things: 1) ninjas, 2) lots of them, 3) fighting each other with all sorts of cool weapons your parents never would let you own.

It's a pleasure to report, then, that this contemporary chopsocky feature, produced by the Wachowski brothers and directed by James McTeigue ("V for Vendetta"), delivers on those essential elements. It is indeed filled with lots of ninjas who are constantly at each other's throats with all manner of sharp implements.

The film is likely to enjoy only a modest run in theaters, but its chances at a successful home entertainment afterlife seem strong.

Made for the relatively modest price tag of $50 million, "Ninja" often appears as if it cost twice that, thanks to its lush visuals (lensed by Karl Walter Lindenlaub) and terrific special effects, pulled off with a combination of practical and digital tricks. In terms of narrative, though, it's a B-picture all the way.

The somewhat jumbled story line centers on Raizo (South Korean pop singer Rain), a skilled warrior raised from an early age to be a foot soldier in a secret army of ninja assassins. But after his brutal master kills the girl he loves, Raizo goes rogue and wages war on his former employers with the help of an Interpol agent (Naomie Harris) investigating this shadowy world of sword-wielding hitmen.

A plot this thin requires charismatic actors to give the proceedings any dramatic weight. Unfortunately, that's the primary area where "Ninja" falls short. Rain might be a superstar in concert, but he's not very interesting onscreen. Granted, the serviceable screenplay by Matthew Sand and J. Michael Straczynski only gives him glum angst to play, but his perpetual blank stare doesn't suggest much range.

It's also a shame to see Harris, who had such a steely, badass presence in her breakthrough role in "28 Days Later," stuck playing the out-of-her-depth sidekick.

Where the movie excels is the action sequences, largely because McTeigue takes full advantage of his R rating to indulge in lots of blood-soaked slicing-and-dicing, while displaying a sense of humor the rest of the film lacks.

In typical Wachowski fashion, these set pieces embrace both comic book and video game aesthetics: The frames are carefully composed and packed with rich colors, but the camera is rarely locked down, toggling around the space as if McTeigue were controlling it with a joystick. This approach might upset old-school kung fu movie fans, but it results in some of the most entertaining and over-the-top martial arts action this side of the "Kill Bill" films.

"Ninja" isn't a great movie, but if you're in the right frame of mind, it is a bloody good time.

Opens: Wednesday, Nov. 25 (Warner Bros.)

Production: Warner Bros. Pictures, Silver Pictures, Legendary Pictures, Dark Castle Entertainment, Anarchos Prods., Studio Babelsberg

Cast: Rain, Naomie Harris, Ben Miles, Rick Yune, Sho Kosugi, Guido Foehrweisser, Stephen Marcus, Wladimir Tarasjanz, Randall Duk Kim, Sung Kang

Director: James McTeigue

Screenwriters: Matthew Sand, J. Michael Straczynski

Story: Matthew Sand

Producers: Joel Silver, Andy Wachowski, Larry Wachowski, Grant Hill

Executive Producers: Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni, Steve Richards

Director of Photography: Karl Walter Lindenlaub

Production Designer: Graham Walker

Music by Ilan Eshkeri

Costume Designer: Carlo Poggioli

Edited by Gian Ganziano, Joseph Jett Sally

Rated R, 99 minutes

Credit : Hollywood Reporter

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...6d5abd42b1e0b50

11.23.09 ‘My Ninja’ Ninja Assassin Premiere & After Party Pics

img_1251-580x435.jpg

Rain with “We Are Heroes” – from ABDC Season 4

img_12401.jpg

credit: Peter Rocks

source: myninjaclothing.com

Why Ninja Assassin is Important

Posted on 22 November 2009

by Korean Beacon

It has finally come, the week that “Ninja Assassin” opens up around the world. The movie will be opening out in the U.S. on Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving. So should you go or should you stay at home? If you like RAIN and great fighting sequences, then buy that movie ticket. If you want to support a Korean man in the lead role of a Hollywood action movie, then definitely go because this movie has a lot of ramifications. If you’ve watched the Matrix franchise, then you’ll see distinct plot elements that originated from the Wachowski brothers who produced Ninja Assassin and directed the Matrix movies. And you’ll also see unique action direction from James McTeigue who is a student of the Wachowski brothers. The fighting is amazing! But what are the implications I mentioned earlier?

This movie does have implications and Hollywood is closely watching because there are certain realities that have Hollywood rethinking their business model. Big movie stars used to almost guarantee big box office returns, but there have been enough clunkers from Will Ferrell, Tom Cruise and other big name actors that have caused pause. DVD sales which used to be a cash cow and help counter clunkers is quickly eroding in the new digital world. So what does Hollywood need to do to refine or change its model? It looks overseas because there is a growing global box office. This is why Ninja Assassin is important because it can demonstrate to Hollywood that you can cast an unknown in a lead role, especially Asian and have success because of the global market. RAIN is one of Asia’s biggest pop stars and his ability to bring in international box office receipts will pave the way for other Asian stars to enter Hollywood and play critical roles. If you didn’t know, Ninja Assassin is the big movie that’s kicking off the holiday movie season and it only cost $30M to make. The world is changing and Hollywood knows it and it’s realizing that the traditional model of casting and movie distribution has to change. Whether you like Ninja movies or not, let’s hope that the movie is a success and it paves the way for other Koreans and Asians in Hollywood.

http://www.koreanbeacon.com/2009/11/22/nin...ssin-important/

[11-23] Ninja Assassin – Rain interview with Film Review Online

source: http://filmreviewonline.com/2009/11/22/ninja-assassin-rain/

I was lauging so hard reading this interview :lol: Ninja Assassin in McDonalds as a sequel :lol: Starring Rain without six pack? He was in very good spirits that day!

I have very similar sense of humour B) Thanks willenette for sharing!

Rain attends "Ninja Assassin" premiere in L.A.

2009112309492550647_1.jpg

From left, producer Joel Silver, actors Rick Yune and Rain, director James McTeigue [photographed by Eric Charbonneau/J. Tune Entertainment]

Asian superstar Rain attended the L.A. premiere for his new film "Ninja Assassin" last week, according to his agency on Monday.

The actor walked the red carpet at the world premiere event, held at Grauman’s Chinese Theater on November 19, with director James McTeigue, producer Joel Silver and cast members Rick Yune and Sung Kang, J. Tune Entertainment said in a press release.

The event -- attended by a handful of Hollywood stars including actress Maggie Q, bands Linkin Park, Blink 182, Cypress Hill and Wu Tang Clan -- was covered by major media companies including Entertainment Tonight, AP, CNN, Fox and Reuters.

As the main star of the film, Rain was at the center of attention and conducted numerous interviews with journalists at the premiere. At the after-party, the singer and actor received offers for his next movie from Hollywood industry executives, J.Tune said.

Rain, who first started his career as a Korean pop singer, has been making a transition from Asian superstar to Hollywood movie star. His Hollywood debut came in last year's "Speed Racer", which was directed by The Wachowski Brothers who are also the producers for "Ninja".

"Ninja" is scheduled for worldwide release on Thursday.

Reporter : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?sec=e...112309492550647

*** Thanks Thu for posting this. Wahhhhh………. 6to5 underwear. My heart is beating doubly fast looking at this photo. Fainting…………. drooling…………..sweating…………… RAIN, why are you so sexy & HOT, huh? :wub::sweatingbullets::D

[11-23] Rain Bi Six to Five new picture

0.4292167_26931_1.jpg

credit: Rain's DC

23 Nov 2009 - Rain Lotte Duty Free new picture

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/pds/board/200911/1(11).jpg

credit: rain angel

Kicia, wahhhhh............ what happened to that hair? New picture, new hairstyle - hahaha - This man wants to experiment even to his hair - ;):mellow: No choice, dear but to thank you anyway - hahaha - :P

The Kids VS Rain

http://www.infamouskidd.com/btk/The_Kidd_V...d_Vs._Rain.html

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Rain20Interview20018.jpg

Rain20Interview20020.jpg

When The Kidd was offered the chance to sit down for a one-on-one interview with the star of “Ninja Assassin,” I absolutely jumped at the opportunity. For awhile, I’ve been exploring the idea of expanding “The Kidd Vs.” into areas beyond just my reviews, and interviews have been something we’ve been targeting under the right circumstances. Warner Bros. was kind enough to hook us up with some time to sit down with Rain and talk about the new movie, his experiences with James McTeigue and the Wachowski brothers, and more.

To be perfectly honest, I was a little caught off-guard when he approached me and introduced himself, because I totally didn’t recognize him at all. I was expecting the long-haired asskicker from the film and was unprepared to meet the short-haired, short-spoken guy shaking my hand.

I was warned ahead of time that, while his English is coming along and he’s been getting a crash course while going on this press tour to promote the movie, he still had a bit of a tough time grasping the language. He did have a translator at his disposal at his side, if needed, but he seemed to do a pretty good job working with what he’s been learning. However, as a result, you’ll notice some answers that don’t seem to fit the questions, so it makes for a pretty interesting interview. But there is no question that Rain was a very nice guy, who is very passionate about this movie and you hopefully enjoying it.

With that said, let’s get some questions answered...

The Kidd: I know you started out your debut was a small role in Speed Racer, but it’s kind of the same exact crew working with James McTeigue, who was the 2nd unit director, and the Wachowski brothers and what not. So, for it to be your first American movie, how did it come about, especially working with the Wachowski brothers and McTeigue, who, when their names are attached to American movies right now, there’s a certain expectation. So was it exciting for you to be a part of a major motion picture like this with that team attached to it?

Rain: Well, as you know, the “Ninja Assassin” is Wachoskis producing, James McTeigue directing, stemming from “300” (referring to Legendary Pictures) and “The Matrix.” When we were working on the “Speed Racer,” and Larry and Andy Wachowski offered me, I said yes. You know, how could I say no then?

The Kidd: Oh, of course...

Rain: And we made it.

The Kidd: At least in terms of the visuals, I don’t know coming from doing Asian cinema, TV, and your music career, were you familiar with their work before you did “Speed Racer,” in terms of them doing “The Matrix” movies, “V for Vendetta,” and “Speed Racer,” or was it new to you... at least when you did “Speed Racer” with them, was it something that you weren’t familiar with their styles, or did you know what you were getting into with them?

(Translator clarifies question)

Rain: When I was young, I wanted to be a... I wanted to be a singer and an actor. So, the moviemaking process is very similar between Asian and Hollywood. And the scale is so different. You know, Hollywood is much bigger. I love... You know, I love my work... You know, I love my job.

The Kidd: What I liked about the movie, because I saw it before I interviewed you earlier today... what I really liked about the movie is that it really sticks to being a hard R action ninja movie. And a lot of the American movies now tend to soften how the movies are made, specifically for a PG-13 rating. Was there any concern when you made the movie that they might soften it or discussion that they might soften it? Because a lot of movies now tend to take stuff out to make the rating to get a bigger audience, and then when the DVDs and Blu-rays came out, they incorporate more. I mean, did you know going in that it was going to be a strictly violent hard R ninja movie, or was there concern that maybe we’re not going to go all the way with this and they might try to hedge a little?

Rain: Yeah, this is so unique, because it’s bloody...

The Kidd: Which I love...

Rain: I hope they’ll like it. I hope I’ll have more fans after this film. And, you know, I love bloody.

The Kidd: I mean, I know there are certain American franchises now that have moved that way with the PG-13 like “Die Hard.”

Rain: Yes...

The Kidd: And the “Terminator” movie to try and... especially try to soften the violence part, and the ratings you can get a little bit away with things now with PG-13 that you couldn’t before. But what I really love about “Ninja Assassin” is the fact that, within the first five minutes, you know how violent the movie is going to be. Was that a selling point for you though of how violent it is?

Rain: You know, whatever you expect, you will see more. Did you see the movie?

The Kidd: Yes.

Rain: We have nine clans. You know, we have ninja two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine are alive. I hope people like the movie.

The Kidd: Has there been discussion of taking it to sequels, or...?

Rain: (laughs) Not yet. I don’t know...

The Kidd: Or making this into a franchise, or it’s kinda going to be...

Rain: I told you... If people like it.

The Kidd: Okay. Can you tell me a little bit about the training that went into getting you ready for the role? Because I don’t know if you had martial arts training going into this, but I imagine, in terms of getting yourself physically fit for it and the weapons training, can you talk to me a little bit about what you had to go through to get yourself ready for the role?

Rain: Before this film, when I was growing up, I learned Tae Kwon Do. Yeah, it helped, you know, when I was doing stunts. So I had to make my body fit, like Bruce Lee. I trained for eight months, five days a week, eight hours a day. And I ate only chicken breast and vegetables. No sugar. No salt. Not any soda. No chocolate. I really love chocolate. And, second of all is I learned a lot of martial arts - Tae Kwon Do, Tai Chi, Kumdo, kick boxing... you know... I learned a lot. It was horrible.

The Kidd: And for how long did you, even still, did you feel that you were ready to take on the physical... what was deemed necessary physically in order to perform to the level you wanted to be at and that James McTeigue wanted you to be at for the film?

Rain: Eight months.

The Kidd: Really?

Rain: Just eight months. I always know [it was] hard work.

The Kidd: There’s been a lot of crossover from Asian cinema to American cinema.

Rain: Mmm-hmm...

The Kidd: And do you have any worry with “Ninja Assassin” being your first big role that sometimes American audiences want to see the same thing over and over. So, is there any worry that you’re only going to be seen as a martial arts actor... for example, the way Jet Li is seen now or Jackie Chan is seen now, where they want to see Jackie Chan do the same thing or they want to see Jet Li do the same thing... Or do you, do you have... I mean, is that your goal? Or do you want to do other things in American cinema? Because I know in Korea, you worked in drama. You did a lot of TV work as well. So, is that something that you’re looking to do in American cinema as well, or do you have that concern that they’re only going to see you as a martial artist?

Rain: I’m not worried, because it’s a new style. You know... I know... I love... I love the Bruce Lee movies, Jackie Chan movies, Jet Li movies, but I’m so powerful. I’m so faster. I’m so young, you know, than them. No... I’m just kidding. (laughs) Yeah, um... it’s going to be huge.

The Kidd: I hope so.

Rain: Yeah.

The Kidd: I do hope so. As far as the... I mean, a lot of it goes into the financing and the special effects, a lot of that is what sells right now... and the fighting part, I think, is also a real selling point of this. Did you have trouble going from a lot of dramatic work that you did...

Rain: Accidents?

The Kidd: Well, going into the action world? I mean, did you... going from strictly, mostly drama work going into a very heavily action-oriented film, was it a trouble adapting...

Rain: Ah, during stunts?

The Kidd: Yes.

Rain: Yeah, I have lots of cuts, even though everybody took care of me. But I still got hurt. sometimes, one day, I pretended I broke my legs. I said, “Oh, I can’t feel my legs.” Everyone’s, you know, “Are you all right? Are you okay, Rain?” I said, “I’m just kidding.” (laughs) Yeah, it was fun.

The Kidd: Another thing I really liked about “Ninja Assassin” was that it’s not so much about redemption for the character, but it’s almost set up to be revenge versus revenge, where the clan is looking for revenge for being shamed by your character, and you’re looking for revenge because the girl that you...

Rain: You know, it’s a... it’s a popcorn movie. It is a kickass movie, you know. Yeah, there’s the Ozunu ninja clan. I was one of them. I... uh... they... one day, they killed my first love, and then I decided revenge to the Ozunu clan. And I love my character. He’s very sexy.

The Kidd: (laughs) He is very smooth in the film. I mean, there are times where you see him... he almost has a “I know I’m bad richard simmons...”

Rain: (laughs)

The Kidd: ...aura to him. Especially when he’s captured, and he’s being held by Europol, and you’re asking to be freed in a certain amount of time, because you know that ninjas are coming to kill everyone, but he seems so calm and so relaxed that...

Rain: Just enjoy. (laughs) Just enjoy.

The Kidd: It’s not a big deal, because I know who I am, and there’s nothing to worry about. So, like I said, I think the redemption part... not the redemption, but the revenge versus revenge with the clan versus your character, I thought, was a very interesting take, because there’s reason for them to come after you and there’s reason for you to come after them, and then it butts heads, as opposed to just... well, you’re just looking out for revenge. So I thought that was pretty interesting. I do have to ask you a question for my readers, because I want to touch on a story that came out this summer, which I also thought was pretty interesting, which was the... ummm... I have to ask you about the Megan Fox story, which I’m sure you’re familiar with to this point. Over the summer, when Megan Fox was promoting “Transformers,” she specifically singled you out that she wanted to meet you when she was touring Korea. Now I don’t know how true the story is, so that’s why I wanted to at least ask, so you could set the record straight and what not. And you basically said “I’m not interested.”

Rain: Uh huh...

The Kidd: So, I had to ask, on behalf of the entire male gender, why you said, “I’m not interested” in meeting...

Rain: No, no... I love her. I love her. You know, this question is... (laughs)... so hard. I want to focus on just “Ninja Assassin” for now.

The Kidd: Okay.

Rain: Sorry about that.

The Kidd: No, it’s... it’s okay. I just thought that... I wanted to at least give you a chance, because, you know, there’s a lot of rumors that get thrown around, so I wanted to see, or at least give you a chance to say “Yes, I said it” or “No, I didn’t” or “I didn’t want any part of it.”

(translator clarifies question)

Rain: I haven’t... you know...

Translator: So it’s not true. He didn’t... he never heard of it.

The Kidd: Okay. All right. Thank you very much.

There you have it. It did feel like he was ducking the Megan Fox question, which is fair if he doesn’t want to get caught up with that or have it be a distraction as he tries to sell his new movie, but I had to ask.

You can check out The Kidd Vs. Ninja Assassin later this week, but definitely know that I wasn’t kissing his richard simmons when I told him I liked the movie. I enjoyed seeing it, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good action flick.

Ninja Assassin” opens this Wednesday, November 25.

Film review: Ninja Assassin delivers action with every punch

http://www.t5m.com/angelique-moon/film-rev...very-punch.html

November 23rd, 2009

Channel: Angelique Moon

“Ninja Assassin”

Warner Bros. Pictures

I am an action movie fan. I readily admit it. Growing up watching TV shows like “Kung Fu” or movies such as “The Killing Fields” from a young age, I learned quickly the difference between campy and impressive when it came to fight scenes. “Power Rangers” is campy. “The Bourne” series is not. I put “Ninja Assassin” is the same category as Matt Damon’s action-spy thriller trilogy. However, the plot isn’t the high point of the movie, which is set to hit theaters Nov. 25 in the U.S. and Jan. 8, 2010, in the U.K. The storyline definitely plays second fiddle to the fast-paced action scenes. If you can handle the gore — think gruesome Quentin Tarantino style movies like “Kill Bill” — then you’ll love watching each swipe of a blade, kick and punch as it’s delivered.

Moviegoers won’t have to wait long for the action to start. There is no buildup to the action. Within the first few minutes minutes of the movie, the ideology of ninjas is presented, and then you’re just along for the ride.

The story follows Raizo (played by Korean pop sensation Rain), an orphan taken in by the Ozunu Clan and trained to be an assassin. The clan’s existence is old and considered mythical by many until Berlin-based Europol agent Mika (Naomie Harris) brings it to light thanks to her snoopy research abilities that trace the clan’s involvement to political assassinations around the world. But Mika isn’t the only one on the run from the clan; Raizo is, too, after he fled following the merciless slaying of someone he held dear. The only twist is Raizo’s goal isn’t to vanish so he’s never found. His goal is revenge at the precise moment when he can do the most damage. Mika and Raizo become tangled up in Europol and the clan’s plots as they try to stay alive. It leaves moviegoers wondering who is telling the truth and if Mika and Raizo miraculously will stay alive like all heroes in good Westernized movies do.

There are mystical elements to the movie as well, though. After all, we’re dealing with the ideas of East Asian cultures and myths — “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon,” anyone? — but as long as moviegoers keep that in mind, they’ll swallow what the plot throws at you as it unfolds. The storyline really just gives an excuse for the exacting mayhem that ensues. The meat and potatoes of the film is the action.

Rain’s performance is praise worthy. His presence onscreen is quiet, yet captivating, and he truly impresses with his fighting abilities. He performs all his own stunts and makes it look effortless (click here for a clip of his training). That’s hard to come by in this day and age where superstars are just a pretty face with stunt doubles who do the “dirty work” for them. The way he and the other ninjas handle knives and any other blades they find handy make fighting with guns seem childish and clumsy. Female fans everywhere will not doubt be more swayed by Rain’s physique as he exacts his revenge one ninja at a time shirtless is most scenes. The sound effects in the movie as the blades whiz through the air or make contact with flesh adds to the experience. Of course, this is a tribute to the Wachwoski brothers’ ability to capture the motion of action onscreen that makes use of more than one of the five sense like they did in the “Matrix” trilogy. All in all, it’s a solid action flick sure to appeal to fellow action movie buffs, even if the plot is lacking in areas.

----------------------------

Angelique Moon is a Virginia Beach, Va.-based writer specializing in entertainment....